Chapter III

Something Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter III

     What are you doing, Seung-hyun?

Seung-hyung has been asking himself the same question the whole time he was driving to the shooting location of Sohee. He even did things he normally didn’t do just to find out her location.

Ever since he saw her again for the first time Milan two days ago ever since they went home from, he had been feeling uneasy. Sure, he had been feeling uneasy about what happened between them, or rather what he did, but seeing her again made him question himself a lot more than he did the past month.   

He had just finished a photo shoot for a clothing brand with actress Park Shin Hye when the director invited them for lunch. Not wanting to give a negative impression, he reluctantly agreed. Which he came to realize was a big mistake the moment he saw Deasung and Sohee in the same restaurant. By the way she was avoiding his eyes and how she only said two words to him, he knew he hurt her somehow. To make things worse, their little group don’t like Shin Hye. As to why, they won’t tell him. He casually mentioned they were there for the photographer’s invitation, but he didn’t think it made a difference for them.

As much as he wanted to call her, he was afraid she wouldn’t pick up. Just like when he didn’t answer her few messages, which initially stopped after a week. After debating with himself for two days, he finally gave in and decided to see her in her shooting location. That way, she wouldn’t be able to avoid him.

Seung-hyung wore his mask on and exited his car, wishing himself a lot of luck. He didn’t even have a plan. He had no idea what he would do if she turned out to be busy or she didn’t want to talk to him.

Not wanting to draw attention to himself, he avoided most of where the staff were and tried to search for where the scenes were being shot. Luckily for him, the staff were busy doing with their job and didn’t pay attention to him.

Someone else caught his eyes though. It was Ma Dong‑Seok, one of the lead actors in the movie, and a close senior actor, looking at him in question. Since avoiding and pretending not to see him was out of the question, Seung-hyun walked towards him. “Annyeonghaseyo Hyung.”

Although puzzled by his presence, he reached to shake his hands and gave him a pat in the shoulder. “Oh, annyeong Seung-hyun. I haven’t seen you in a while. How are you?”

“So, you’re here to see uri Sohee?” Dong‑Seok surprised him by asking after the exchange of pleasantries and a little bit of catching up.

The senior actor laughed at his expression. “She’s the only single female in our team and you’re not here for your hyungs I’m sure. Of course, you’re here for her.”

Smiling knowingly at him, he pointed at a room with Sohee’s name on it. “She’s shooting a scene right now. You can wait there, if you want. I think she’s almost done.”

“Ne. Kamsahamnida Hyung.”

“I have to talk to someone, so I’ll have to leave you. Will you be okay here?”

“Ne Hyung. I’ll be fine.”

It didn’t take him long before he came back.

“Hey Seung-hyun, Sohee’s done with her scenes,” he informed him and right at that moment, Sohee entered the room.

“Oh, here she is. Sohee, your boyfriend is here.”

Not only he was surprised, he could also see Soohe’s shocked reaction. Thankfully, no one was in the room with them or else they will surely be in trouble.

Not giving them the chance to correct him and seemingly clueless on the impact of his words, Dong‑Seok turned to him, “I’m sorry, Seung-hyun. I have to prepare for a scene, so I have to go. Call me when you have time and let’s have some drink and catch up yeah? Sohee, good job today as usual.”

“Kamsahamnida Oppa.”

“Seung-hyun, I’ll leave our maknae to you then. Take care on your way home, kids. I’ll see you next week, Sohee.”

Awkwardness in the room instantly grew as soon as the senior actor walked out the door. Seung-hyun could feel that she wanted to ask him something but couldn’t bring herself to do so.

“Hindoroso? The filming?” he asked, knowing he should be the one making her comfortable since he was the one putting her in that situation.

Still surprised by his presence, she just shook her head. “Oh, no. It was fine. Are you here for Gongyoo Oppa?”

“Ani,” he shook his head and looked at her, unsure of himself. “I came to see you, actually.”

“Oh.”

From the unsure look on her face, it wasn’t the answer she was expecting.

She seemed lost on what to tell him and just looked anywhere but him. After a moment of awkward silence, it looked like she remembered something.

“Oh, your wines are in my car. I was planning on having it delivered but I didn’t know your address.”

He nearly forgot about those. During their market farm tour in Milan, he really wanted to buy some wine, but the owner was out of stock. He informed them that he can have it delivered the next day instead. Sohee offered to have it sent at her rented house and bring it home with her. He wondered how long it has been in her car.

They were interrupted when one of her female staff entered the room and handed her her car keys. Now only wearing a cap, his mask taken off earlier, everyone could clearly see his face. Even though clearly surprised and curious with his presence, he was thankful that she didn’t pry.

“I have all your things already. Your personal things are already in your car.”

“Thank you Eonni.”

“We’re going to the nearby restaurant for dinner. Want to come?”

She glanced uncertainly at him, confliction on her face.  Maybe it was the pleading look he gave her, but something made her shook her head at her staff.

“Go ahead Eonnie. I’ll go home on my own,” Sohee told her without giving her any more explanation.

“My car is in the parking lot.” She told him and started to walk out of that he had nothing to do but follow her. She led him to a parking lot. 

Before she could say anything, he spoke up, “Thanks for bringing them for me but I’m not really here for this.” Although Seung-hyun knew she knew that.

“I know it’s very sudden and everything, but can we talk?”

Again, Sohee face showed uncertainty.

“Please.”

She seemed to battle with herself but eventually gave him a reluctant nod.

It was only when he was inside in his car when Seung-hyun finally released a very deep sigh of relief.  He considered that as a win. At least for now.

 

Since it was on her way home, Seung-hyun suggested that they go to the Hangeng River.

Initially, he wanted to talk inside the car, but he was surprised when Sohee suggested to find a place where they can sit comfortably. Since she just came from a shoot, he understood her need of fresh air. Putting both their caps and masks, they walked towards a secluded area.

“Come here,” he quietly told her when they found a place to sit, removing his scarf and putting it on her without waiting for her reply.

She smiled meekly at him. “Thanks.”

“I’m sorry.” His voice was soft, breaking the silence between them after a while of silently facing the river infront of them.

“For what?” she asked

“For being distant the past few weeks.”

It took her a moment before speaking up, seemingly gathering her thoughts. Giving him a soft smile and with a soft voice, she said, “You don’t really owe me any explanation for anything.”

Now that he was able to fully look at her and, in her eyes, he saw that she was trying not to let his coldness did affect her. Yes, she knew that they really didn’t owe each other anything after Milan but he knew that she was hurt by his sudden coldness. He would be if she did that to him.

Bowing his head and starring at the ground, he took a moment to think, trying to find the right words to explain himself. Although he himself knew that there wasn’t really a good explanation for what he did.

He looked at her and saw that she was looking at the ground as well, thinking. She must have felt her stare and lifted her head to meet his eyes.

“We had a good time in Milan.” He started, trying to hold her eyes, hoping she could see the sincerity in his eyes.

“I really had a good time in Milan.” A smile automatically graced his lips once he remembered the two d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter