Chapter 1

Something Unexpected
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter I

 

Inside a coffee shop, Sohee was lazily sipping her coffee while soft music was playing at the background. Around her were more than ten costumers. Outside, there were also not many people passing by. Maybe it was the rain, the reason why there were not many people outside. Nevertheless, she enjoyed the quiet and the cozy atmosphere inside the coffee shop.

It was a good decision to go out today, she thought.

Earlier that day, she debated with herself on whether to go out or not. It was just drizzling this morning, creating a lazy atmosphere. She didn’t feel like going out and just snuggle into her bed until the rain stopped. Besides, she was also tired from roaming around the day before. But after making up her mind, she changed her clothes and decided to take a walk around the place near her cottage. She had been staying there for two days and she hasn’t had the chance to see what’s around the place. After almost an hour of walking around under the rain, she decided to enter the coffee shop. Ten minutes after and it wasn’t just drizzling anymore. Now that she looked outside again, it was once again just drizzling.

She was in Dublin, at the end of the city, hoping that it was a little less busy than the other part of the city. She wanted to go away and have some time for herself after having a very busy schedule filming her latest movie and other commitments. Also after a few months after making a very big decision in her life and career, Sohee wanted to clear her mind. Be with herself. Breathe a little.

Aside from wanting a little of peace and quiet, Sohee also wanted to go to a place where no one knew who she was. Being a former idol and an actress, privacy was a foreign concept. She wanted to go somewhere where she can roam around without having to cover her face in fear of someone recognizing. Without someone who will approach her and take pictures. Sohee wanted to act carelessly and to fully experience being on a vacation. Feeling that that city could offer her that, she chose Dublin. And it was perfect. She had to go far away from Korea but she was fine with that. It was worth the long flight.

As much as she wanted to stay longer, a week was all Sohee could get. A lot of responsibilities were waiting for her back home. She was just thankful she was able to get away for a while.

For the last two days, she had been going around the city and its nearby places. Not having a specific itinerary, she just searched from her travel book and her phone to where she would go. The freedom from doing excited her so much.

The first day, she went around the city, trying to feel the place and its people. She visited most of the famous places the city was known for. She decided to go to a small town just an hour away from the city the second day. The town was near the sea so she decided to rent a small boat and tried to fish. Having no idea what she was doing, the local who mended the rented boat was a big help. It was little struggle because of the language but she was able to catch on what he was saying, or rather, showing her. To her surprise, she was able to catch five fishes. The local informed her that there was a restaurant where she can cook what she caught so that’s what she did. Not able to eat all the fishes, she gave the three others to the local.

So far, she was enjoying her vacation and the place more than she expected.

Engrossed in browsing her phone on where she could possibly go next, she didn’t hear her name being called out outside. Someone tapped the window glass from where she was sitting, startling her.

“Sohee?” someone called out her name again.

She looked outside the window and got surprised to see who was standing outside. Before she could say or do anything, he started walking and entered the coffee shop.

“It’s really you.” The man was clearly as surprised as her, basing on his face.

Standing right in front of her was Choi Seunghyun, popularly known as TOP of the idol group Bigbang in their country.

“A-anyeonghaseo,” she stood up and greeted, still surprised to see him there.

“Anyeong. I saw you through the window. I thought it was you. What are you doing here?” He laughed at his own question before clarifying himself. “You’re drinking coffee, of course. But what are you doing here in Milan?”

“I’m here on a vacation,” she explained. “How about you?”

“I’m here for a photo shoot.”

“Ah jinjja?” She realized that were both standing so she told him to sit down, which he did. “Do you want anything? Their coffee is really good,” Sohee asked and was about to get up to order for him but he stopped her.

“I’m fine. I just had coffee before going out.”

Seeing that she hasn’t finished even half her piece of pie yet, she offered it to him. “It’s really good. It’s an egg pie.” She pushed the plate in front of him.

Before she could get him another spoon, he picked up the spoon she used and took a bite.

“Thank you. It’s really good.”

“I can’t believe I saw you and that you’re here.” Sueng-hyun was clearly just as surprised as she was. “How long have you been here?”

“It’s my third day today. I’m here for a week,” she informed him. “How about you? Is your photo shoot done?”

“Ani. It’s tomorrow. I just arrived this morning. Are you staying nearby?”

“Yeah. I rented a small cottage near here.”

“Jinjja? I’m staying at a hotel over there.” He pointed a tall building, which can be seen outside the window. From what she knew, it was one of the oldest hotel in the area. It was also one of the most popular and expensive hotel in the small city. Sohee smiled inside. Of course he was staying there. He was TOP after all. One of the most popular Korean idol and actor in the world.

Seung-hyun finished the pie before asking her another question. “Are you here alone, by the way?”

She nodded. “Yeah. How about you? Are you here with your members?”

They were five members, including Seung-hyun, that consisted Bigbang. Together, they became one of the most, if not the most well-known, K-pop boy group in the world.

“Ani. It’s just me.”

“Ah.”

His phone buzzed so excused himself to read the message. He looked up to her, a little regret written on his face, after reading the message. “I’m so sorry. I have to go. I have a meeting with the creative team for tomorrow.”

She looked outside and saw that it was still drizzling. She looked at him and finally noticed the traces of rain drops on his polo. “Don’t you have an umbrella?”

“I wasn’t planning on walking far so I didn’t bring one.”

She reached her umbrella on the sit next to her and offered it to him. “Here, take mine.”

“Aniya,” he declined, shaking his head. “Gwenchana. I’ll just run from here. It’s not that far.”

“Gwenchana,” she insisted. “I have my jacket so I’ll be fine. You have a photo shoot tomorrow. You can’t be sick.”

With a grateful smile, he finally took the umbrella. He was about to stand up but sat down again. “How about we go have dinner tonight?”

“Ne?” Sohee asked, surprised by the offer.

“The two of us. Dinner. Unless you have any plans?”

“A-aniyo. It’s not that. How about tomorrow? After your shoot?” she suggested. “You need a proper rest for tomorrow.”

Seung-hyun seemed to think about it then nodded. “You’re probably right.” Reaching for his phone, he opened it and held it to her. “I lost my old phone so I don’t your number. I’m sorry.”

She smiled and shook her head, accepting the phone and typed her phone number. “Gwenchana. I also changed my number.”

“I’ll call or text you then?” Getting ready to go, he got up from his seat.

She smiled at him, nodding her head. “Yeah.”

“It was nice bumping into you Sohee. Here of all places.” There was hint of amusement in his smile.

“I know, right?” she gave a little laugh. “Same here.”

Before crossing the street, Seung-hyun looked backed and found her watching him. He gave a smile and waved at Sohee in which she smiled and gave a little wave in return.

Of all the place in Milan, Sohee couldn’t believe his photo shoot was where she was staying. She silently laughed. What a coincidence.

They had known each other for a long time, almost ten years. She had known him through Deasung, another member of Bigbang, whom she was close with, during their trainee days. Her former group Wonder Girls and Bigbang also collaborated for a few songs way back. Although Sohee was friends with all of the Bigbang members, Deasung and Seungri, another member, being two of her best friends, she wasn’t that close with Seung-hyun. Sohee didn’t know why she alway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter