Playful Pups

Mated to the Enemy's Reject

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked, rolling over. "I still wanna play!" His stomach growled. "And eat!"

Baek grins and sits up to place the picnic basket on the bed. "Aigoo you're such a cutie!" He smiles proudly ruffling Chanyeol's hair.

Chanyeol shook his head, trying to fix his hair. "I am not!" He countered, sitting up.

"If not then what?" He smirks playfully as he grabs the banana he hadn't yet managed to eat.

"Well, I'm- I'm-" Chanyeol couldn't think of anything. "I'll get back to you on that!" He said, grabbing another sandwich. "I like these."

"I'll let the kitchen staff know." He grins taking a bite of the banana and makes sure to avoid eye contact as he does so.

"Hyunnie? What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked, tilting his head to the side.

"I'm eating my banana?" He chuckles meeting Chanyeol's gaze once he swallowed back a chunk of the fruit. "People say its weird to keep eye contact when you're eating them so I tend to look away."

"Who says that? Thats weird." Chanyeol said, eating his sandwich.

"Loads of people, they say it's ual or something but I don't see how. I avoided it though just to be on the safe side." He shrugs taking another bite of the banana again

"ual? What's that?" Chanyeol didnt know a lot of things like that. He never learned.

Baekhyun freezes, his cheeks quickly turning red as he looks away. "W-We can talk about that another time." He stammers suddenly interested in finishing off the banana

"Ok!" Chanyeol hummed happily. He didnt get to learn a lot of stuff at the moon pack. He couldnt even read.

"Okay, so in terms of what the moon pack taught you, what can you do?" He smiles softly and places the banana peel in the blanket.

"U-Umm, I can cook a little bit. I can run. I know a little bit of hand to hand combat, enough to get through a fight. Um, I think that's it."

"Not bad! Great place to start! Okay what we can do is strengthen your hand to hand combat and then we'll get the elders to teach you a few tricks for getting closer to your wolf. If those tricks don't work it means the moon pack did something and you'll need to get an injection from the elders." He explains with a kind smile. "Once all that is done, everything else gets easier because someone in contact with their wolf learns a lot quicker."

"Injection? Like a shot?" Chanyeol shook his head. "I dont like shots. They hurt." Chanyeol rubbed his arm a bit.

"Yeollie, trust me it only hurts for a sec and they can give you numbing cream alright?" He smiles softly petting Chanyeol's arm.

"It does not! The last one I got hurt for three hours! It burned." Chanyeol whimpered, remembering the pain he went through.

"That would be the one that is stopping you from contacting your wolf. It hurt because it severs the connection but this one doesn't, it actually feels kinda nice from what I've heard." He mutters still rubbing Chanyeol's arm. "Yeollie come on you won't be able to turn unless you take it."

"Isn't there some other way? I dont like shots." He mumbled.

"Not for this one." He sighs rubbing the back of his head. "The elders tried anything but only shots work."

"I dont wanna get a shot, though." He whined, getting up and pacing around.

"You'll be fine, I wouldn't suggest it if there was a risk. I'll be right next to you alright?"

"Fine." Chanyeol gave in, stopping his pacing. "Lets talk about your wolf!"

"What about it?" Baek smiles leaning back against the headboard of the bed.

"How did it get so big? Can it fit in the den? Is it warm like everyone says? What was that mark on your side?" He asked, getting closer with every question until he was hovering over Baekhyun, an innocent smile planted on his face.

"I have no clue, the elders say it's because I'm so short in human form. Yes it can fit in the den. You've hugged me in wolf form so you tell me and that mark has been there since the hunters got my parents, I don't know what it is." He chuckles wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck.

Chanyeol realized how close they were, and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. I guess I got carried away." He tried to pull away.

Baekhyun grins shaking his head. "No no wait stay. You're comfy." He chuckles innocently

Chanyeol looked at him, confused. "How can you say that? Im on top of you."

"Cause you're warm." He chuckles shaking his head. "Sorry do you feel uncomfortable?"

"No, its fine. Why do I always feel cold, if Im warm?" Chanyeol gasped. "Am i sick?"

"I don't think so. Do you feel sick?" He mumbles kissing Chanyeol's cheek softly

"I don't think so." Chanyeol said, thinking. "What does sick feel like?"

"Not healthy?" He mutters gazing over Chanyeol's features. "Do you feel unwell at all?"

Chanyeol shrugged. "I dont know." He sat back, thinking. "The only thing I know about being sick is that you feel cold, but you're warm to touch."

"Do you wanna go to the infirmary for a check up?" He mutters running a hand through Chanyeol's hair softly

Chanyeol shot up, shaking his head. "No! N-no, I feel f-fine! I- i dont need to got to a-a doctor!" He said, backing up a bit.

"Woah Channie are you alright?" He mutters propping himself up on his elbows concerned.

Chanyeol nodded. "I-I'm f-fine! I-I p-promise!" He was stuttering again.

Baek sits up to wrap his arms around Chayeol protectively. "Yeol, what's wrong?"

"N-nothing! No-nothings wrong! I-Im f-fine, p-promise!" He bit his tongue, trying to keep from stuttering.

"Why are you stuttering then? Chanyeol I'm your mate you're supposed to be able to talk to me."

"Well, its because," Chanyeol hung his head. "Im scared of doctors." He mumbled.

"Why?" He mutters rubbing Chanyeol's back supportively

"Cause they're big, and mean, and scary, and they try to kill you!" Chanyeol yelled, burying his face in Baekhyuns chest.

"Is that what they were like at moon?" He mumbles rubbing Chanyeol's back softly

"Maybe. But, then I saw one here, and they were doing the same thing!" He defended.

"What were they doing?" He questions confused

"They were hitting her knee, and they shone a light in her face, and then they stuck something in her ear! They were trying to take out her brain!"

"Yeol, the knee tap was to check her reflexes. The light was to make sure nothing's wrong with her vision and the thing they stuck in her ear was to check her temperature."

"Oh. I still dont like 'em." He said, glad she was Ok, but not wanting to take any chances.

"Chan they wouldn't be in the pack if I didn't trust them."

"I know. But I dont trust them, so, Im not going." Chanyeol got up, walking a ways away. "An-and, you cant make me go, neither." He said, a bit scared.

Baek pouts, he felt defeated again. He couldn't even use his alpha excuse yet because Chanyeol technically wasn't a pack member yet. He simply looks down and begins fiddling with the cloth on the picnic basket instead

"Hyunnie? Are you Ok?" Chanyeol asked, staying in his spot, scared.

"I'm fine." He mutters still fiddling with the cloth slightly.

"You sure? You look sad. Dont be sad!" He rushed over to him, fear forgotten.

"I'm not." He mutters his gaze remaining on the cloth to pry himself from his thoughts

"You look sad, though. Why? Did i do something wrong?"

"No, I just worry too easily relax." He smiles slightly to ruffle Chanyeol's hair.

"Why do you worry so much?" Chanyeol asked, curious.

"Not sure. I guess it's an attachment thing. I've been getting really protective over anybody I care about ever since my parents. Seriously when Tae found his mate Hoseok I couldn't stop questioning the poor guy for like three days."

"Oh, youre just being, uh, Whats that word? It starts with a "C." Ca- ca-cau-something."

"Cautious? I'm pretty sure it's past that point. Tae's convinced I have anxiety but I refuse to get checked." He admits with a light smile

"Anxiety? Whats that? Is it contagious?" He asked, backing away

"Yeol if it was contagious I would've gone to get checked. It's just a thing that makes you think too much about things and you get more panickey than most people

"Oh. Right. You would have." Chanyeol tilted his head, confused. "Can you fix it?"

"I don't think so." He sighs his gaze staying down. "I can try and hide it but I don't think I can fix it."

"Why dont you listen to your beta? And get it checked out?"

"Because it could affect my alpha rank." He sighs defeatedly. "We're supposed to be perfectly healthy, body and mind."

"Oh." Chanyeol sat down, quietly thinking. "That makes sense. I think." He looked around awkwardly, wanting to change the subject. "Can I see your wolf again?"

Baek grins leaning forward playfully to kiss him on the cheek before backing away a few paces.

Chanyeol froze again when he felt Baekhyuns lips on his cheek, but bounced on the bed in excitement as he waited for Baekhyun to be done.

Baek quickly switches into his wolf form and walks over to the bed and lays on it being careful not to take up too much room.

"You are so.. Whats the word? P-pe-peaceful! Thats it! Thats a hard word."

Baekhyun's tail wags gently as he rests his head on Chanyeol comfortably.

Baekhyun's tail wags gently as he rests his head on Chanyeol comfortably.

"Am I a good pillow?" Chanyeol asked playfully, rubbing his head.

Baekhyun nods quickly as he let's out a small wolf like yawn leaning into Chanyeol's touch

"Are you tired? Does shifting take alot out of you like swimming?"

Baek nods slightly but shakes his head at the second part.

"Oh." Chanyeol rubbed his eyes. "Im tired too. Are you a good pillow?" He asked drowsily, leaning on him. "You are."

Chanyeol was soon out like a light, Baekhyuns heat enveloping him.

Baek nudges Chanyeol making sure he was asleep as an idea pops into his head and he uses the pack link to call a doctor to his den too nervous to actually move in fear of waking him up

Chanyeol stirred a bit, but didnt wake up as he snuggled further into Baekhyun.

Baek switches out into his human form and wraps an arm around Chanyeol's waist softly as a doctor walks in but Baekhyun shushes him and explains the situation through the pack link.

Chanyeol felt Baekhyun change back, and nuzzled into him, mumbling, "Hyunnie~ change back."

"Sorry Channie." He mutters switching back into his wolf form quickly and tells the doctor to wait for a minute

"Better." He mumbles, before losing himself in dreamland again.

Baekhyun gives them a nod and the doctor quickly goes about checking Chanyeol's vitals

Chanyeol didnt stir, sleeping soundly. He snored softly.

The doctor kneels down to Baekhyun's height slightly. "He's just got a cold. Get him to play it easy for a few days alright?" He mutters rubbing the top of Baek's head quickly. "Rest well, alpha!" He mutters before closing the door

Chanyeol snores, waking up. "Was someone here?" He asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

Baekhyun nods switching to his human form. "Jihoon just had some news. Don't worry about it."

"Oh. Who's Jihoon?" He asked, sitting up a bit. "Is there something wrong?"

"Ani, he's Eunhee's dad. He just wanted to remind me about your welcoming." Baek mutters and sits up with him. "Did you rest well, handsome?"

"Oh. Yeah, I did. Why did you change back earlier? Was it to talk to Jihoon?"

"Yeah it was." He smiles softly patting Yeollie's shoulder

"Ok. I think- I THINK- I wanna try swimming again." He said, emphasizing the "I think" in his sentence.

"Okay but only for an hour. We should take it little by little okay?" He smiles softly and walks over to the wardrobe in search of swimming trunks

"O-okay." Chanyeol slid off of the bed, getting a glimpse of the inside of Baekhyuns wardrobe. "Wow. You have a lot of clothes."

"I guess I do." He chuckles handing Chanyeol a pair of swimming trunks. "Feel free to borrow any if you want." He smiles before heading into the bathroom

Chanyeol grabbed the first pair he could, swapping his pants for them, once again leaving on his shirt. This one he wasn't afraid to ruin. He couldnt risk having Baekhyun see his whipping scars.

Baekhyun soon comes back in without a shirt and heads to his wardrobe looking for a new one.

Chanyeol turned around, pretending to be busy with something in his bag.

Baek grins slightly shaking his head. "Yeollie you really don't need to be shy."

"I-Im not shy, I have to fix some stuff in my bag."

"You want some help?" Baek mutters walking over to Chanyeol curiously forgetting to put a shirt on

"I-I'm s-sure." He stuttered back, closing his eyes.

"You can't fix things very well with closed eyes Yeollie." He mutters shaking his head playfully

"I know." He said, opening his eyes and working in his bag, needlessly moving the small amount of things he has. "Are you ready?"

"Yeah just lemme get a shirt on." Baekhyun gives one of his signature cheeky smirks and heads to the wardrobe

"You're not wearing a shirt? I didn't notice." Chanyeol said, trying to play it cool.

"Yeah that's why you went shy." Baek grins and slips a random shirt on before looking for a couple towels

"I-I didn't go shy! I was fixing my bag."

"Yeah sure." He chuckles and reaches for Chanyeol's hand. "Ready to go, handsome?"

Chanyeol put his hand in Baekhyuns. "Ready! Lets go."

Baek grins and once again begins heading toward the Den's door

Chanyeol was nervous, but not as much as last time. He coughed slightly, a small tickle in his throat.

Baek smiles patting Chanyeol's back gently as he turns into the swimming pool and slips his shirt off carelessly

Chanyeol just waited, glancing at a clock to see what time they started.

"Yeollie you can't wear clothes in the pool. Lifeguard makes the rules." He mutters pointing to the man on a tall seat

"But- Ok." He said, slipping his shirt off and putting it with the bag. "After you." He said, referring to the pool.

Baek grins ripping his gaze away from Chanyeol's torso. God, he was beautiful... Baekhyun simply gives a nod before heading into the pool

Chanyeol follows, shivering st the temperature of the water. "Why can't you heat the pool? Its still cold."

"Cause then the cleanser won't work properly." He mutters holding Chanyeol's forearms softly. "You get used it. I actually think it's refreshing."

"Only you would find it refreshing." Chanyeol said, coughing lightly. He sat down in the pool, trying to get used to the water.

Baek giggles throwing himself into the water happily before sitting back up and pushes his now wet hair out of his face.

"You like swimming, dont you?" Chanyeol asked from his spot as the water got warmer.

"Yeah, not gonna lie it's one of my favourite things." He chuckles relaxing into the water comfortably.

"Oh." Chanyeol moved his hands through the water, watching it move.

Baekhyun grins. "One sec." He mutters before swimming over to the side the lifeguard was sat at. "Taeho! Can I have some of those learners floats!"

Chanyeol watched as he swam, mesmerized by how fluid his body looked.

Taeho throws down some floaties, some looked like long tubes where as some resembled surfboards. Baek looks around trying to decide how to take all the floats over

Chanyeol wanted to know what those things were, but the water got deeper the closer you got to the lifeguard.

Baek gives up and begins swimming the floaties over two by two at the first journey he pats Chanyeol's arm. "I'll explain in a sec."

Baek gives up and begins swimming the floaties over two by two at the first journey he pats Chanyeol's arm. "I'll explain in a sec."

"Ok." Chanyeol said, playing with one of the floaties he brought over.

It took three or four journeys back and fourth but eventually Baek had all the floaties over. "Okay, Chan I really need you to trust me a sec okay?"

Chanyeol nodded. "Ok. I trust you." He said, no hesitation, no stuttering.

Baekhyun grins proudly and gets one of the floaties that resemble a surfboard. "Can you rest your torso on this for me and try to float? Don't worry I'll hold your hands."

"Uh- sure! That sounds easy enough." Chanyeol said, biting his lip.

Baek grins placing the floatie infront of Chanyeol before holding his hands out comfortably.

Chanyeol slowly laid on the floatie, his back extremely visible. He grabbed onto Baekhyuns hands.

Baekhyun freezes and looks at one of the pool noodles. "Okay Chan, do you wanna hold onto one of the long wormy things?" He mutters with a kind smile as his eyes study Chanyeol's back worriedly.

"Uh, sure." He reaches out for one of the wormy things.

Baek nods handing it to him and makes sure Chanyeol has a good grip. "I'm gonna let go alright? Tell me when you're ready." He mutters with a sweet smile

Chanyeol grabbed onto it, nodding. "Ready." He said slowly.

Baek gives a proud grin before letting go of the floatie and takes a step back.

Chanyeol tried to calm himself down, telling himself that his mate was right there if he needed him.

"Are you okay? You're doing really well." He speaks out, pride laced inbetween each sylabbel he speaks

Chanyeol nodded. "Im fine." He shifted a bit on the floatie

Baek nods and begins walking over to the side of Chanyeol acting like he was just getting ready to lift his mate if he faltered but studies the scars on his back worriedly

Chanyeol lost his grip on the wormy thing, panicking a bit, but calming down.

Chanyeol freezes, remembering his scars. He put his feet down, standing up. "Yeah, Im fine."

Baekhyun nods softly and takes a look at Chanyeol's back. "Do they still hurt?"

Chanyeol tries to play dumb. "What? Does what hurt?"

"Your back. Who did that?" Baekhyun deadpans, a slightly overly protective flare in his gaze.

"Oh, those. It- it doesn't matter." He didnt want Baekhyun to get angry at him.

"Yeollie please? Tell me.." He mutters wrapping his arms around his mates waist worriedly.

"I got caught stealing bread from the cafeteria. My f- the guy that was there at my rejection did it." He said, playing with his fingers.

"As in they didn't feed you?" Baekhyun mutters through clenched teeth. "Was it Zitao?!"

"N-no. It was the guy I- I didnt know." He didnt answer the first question.

"Would you recognize him if you ever saw him? And Yeollie answer the first question.. Is it because of them that you're so light?"

"I probably would." How could he not? He hesitated, before answering, "Yes. But, I-" he stopped, not knowing what to say.

"But what..?" Baekhyun questions looking up to cup Chanyeol's cheek

"Its also because I didnt find much to eat when I was rejected. I couldnt hunt."

"We'll teach you everything you need to know while you're one of us okay? You just need to have faith that we'll be able to." He smiles reassuringly and runs a hand through his own hair again.

"Ok. I will." Chanyeol looked at the clock. Its been an hour. He pouted.

"Okay I'll give you the choice on if you wanna carry on." He gives a gentle smile as he rests his head on Chanyeol's shoulder

"I do, but-" he coughed a bit. "Im tired. And cold." He shivered

"We can carry on tomorrow alright?" He smiles softly standing on his toes to kiss Chanyeol's cheek. "Let's get you dried off."

"Ok." Chanyeol said, following Baekhyun out of the pool. He coughed again. "My throat hurts."

"Do you want me to get you some medicine? I think you have a cold. Don't worry I'll make sure I get the stuff that tastes good." He smiles softly and hands Chanyeol a towel, pulling his gaze away from Chanyeol's torso again.

"I dont have a cold, you said I felt warm. Having a cold means you feel cold to touch."

"No Chanyeol, they just call it a cold cause sometimes it can make you sneeze a lot. Trust me it'll make you feel better." He smiles gently grabbing himself a towel

"Oh. Ok, you can. Wait! Do I have to see a doctor?" He said, shirt on.

"I won't force you to go, I want you to be comfortable but could you try at some point? For me?" He mutters sliding his shirt on

"I won't force you to go, I want you to be comfortable but could you try at some point? For me?" He mutters sliding his shirt on

"Only if they make den calls. I wont go to the doctors office. They smell bad." He said, standing beside, Baekhyun, head still wet.

"Okay I'll call Jihoon out." He smiles softly and reaches for Chanyeol's hand

"Jihoon? Eunhees dad? Hes a doctor?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah, he was just telling me about an order that had came in which we were waiting for for ages." He chuckles lacing his fingers between Chanyeol's before grabbing the bag and begins walking

"Oh. Ok. Did the elders get back to you about my welcoming yet?" He really wanted to be a part of this pack. Everyone was so nice.

"Yeah, they said to just go see them when you're ready." He grins excitedly as he heads toward his den. "Jihoon is waiting for us."

"How- oh, right, Mind link." He thought about it. "Can we do it tomorrow? Will there be a lot of people there?"

"Yeah we can do it tomorrow and not if you don't want there to be but the elders me and Beta Tae will have to be there."

"Ok. I can do that, I just dont like big crowds paying attention to me."

"That's okay Yeollie but a few of them might come to say congrats afterwards." He explains as he arrives at his den met by Jihoon. "Come in."

"As long as they come one at a time, ill be fine." He saw Jihoon. "H-hi."

"They will." He chuckles before taking a seat on the bed comfortably. 
Jihoon gives Chanyeol a bow. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too. You're gonna check if Im sick?" Chanyeol said, sitting with Baekhyun.

"Yeah, don't worry you won't be having any shots or anything that'll hurt." He grins pulling out a few tools

"What do those do?" He asked nervously, pointing to the tools, grabbing Baekhyuns hand in a tight grip.

Jihoon smiles softly patting Chanyeol's arm. "I'll explain them just before I use them." He grins and hands Chanyeol a small plastic hammer. "Just so you can see it's harmless I'll let you hit me on the head with it." He grins softly lowering his head for Chanyeol. 
Baekhyun grins softly rubbing his thumb along the bacl of Chanyeol's hand. "Don't worry, Yeollie you're fine."

Chanyeol took the hammer, and tapped Jihoon on the head with it, scared he was gonna lash out at him.

Jihoon grins shaking his head. "Chanyeol you can hit as hard as you like. It doesn't hurt." He explains lowering his head again.

"Take it back. I get the point." He said, handing it back to Jihoon.

"Okay." He chuckles taking the hammer. "All I'm gonna do is give your knee a little tap to see how your reflexes are. Just a small tap it won't hurt okay?" He grins and steps back. "Could you sit at the edge of the bed and relax for me?"

Chanyeol nodded, scooting to the edge of the bed, his grip on Baekhyuns hand never releasing.

"Would it make you feel better if I did it to alpha first or shall I just go for it." He asks looking up at Chanyeol kindly

"Yeah! Yeah, do it to Alpha first." Chanyeol tugged on Baekhyuns hand.

Baekhyun nods quickly sitting at the edge of the bed as he rubs his thumb on Chanyeol's knuckles. Jihoon taps his knee with the hammer making his lower leg kick forward gently.

"Thats it?" Chanyeol asked, surprised at how easy that looked.

"Yep! That's it! You ready?" Jihoon looks up at Chanyeol calmly holding the hammer near his knee

Chanyeol nodded, watching the doctor.

Jihoon gives a small grin and taps Chanyeol's knee the same way he did Baekhyun's

Chanyeols leg kicked out a bit. "That was easy!" He said, smiling lightly.

"See?" He grins grabbing a small torch. "Okay we need to make sure your eyes are all good. Do you want me to show you with Alpha Byun first?"

Chanyeol nodded. Some of these looked like the ones he saw before, bur he didn't wanna take any chances

Jihoon nods and shines the light in Baek's eye. "Alpha, look up for me? Okay now down. Toward Chanyeol. The other side.. Okay now ahead." He mutters as Baekhyun follows his orders.

"The lights really bright. Doesn't it hurt?"

"No Yeollie it doesn't hurt you'll just feel like blinking afterward." He smiles supportively still playing with Chanyeol's hand

"Ok." He watched as the doctor came over to him.

"You ready?" Jihoon gives a smile before switching the light on

Chanyeol nodded. "Ready." He waited for the doctors instructions.

Jihoon shines the light into one of Chanyeol's eyes. "Okay could you look up for me?"

Chanyeol tries not to blink as he looks up, keeping his head still.

"Okay that's great and down?"

Chanyeol looks down.

"Okay looking good. Toward alpha?" Jihoon gives a smile thankful that nothing seemed wrong.

Chanyeol looked to Baekhyun, smiling slightly.

Baek chuckles a little before Jihoon speaks up. "And the other way?"

Chanyeol looks the other way, looking at the wall

Jihoon nods to himself and steps back. "You need a minute or am I okay to check your other eye now?"

"Im Ok." Chanyeol said, nodding as he blinked alot

Jihoon nods leaning closer to check Chanyeol's other eye

Chanyeol sat there, obediently listening to the doctor.

Jihoon speaks up quickly. "Okay toward alpha."

Chanyeol looks to Baekhyun. "Hi. Again." He says lightly

Baek gives a playful wink and Jihoon laughs lightly. "Okay, lovebird other way."

Chanyeol pouts playfully, looking the other way.

"And up?" He grins noticing the small pout. Aigoo he remembered when he first met Dokyeom. They couldn't be pulled apart for more than five minutes

Chanyeol looks up, staring at the ceiling.

"And down again." He mutters calmly

Chanyeol looks down at his fingers.

"Okay, great your eyes seem fine!" Jihoon grins before turning to Baekhyun. "You're a lucky man, your mate has pretty eyes alpha." He chuckles before grabbing another light and a small stick. "Okay Chanyeol we need to check the back of your throat. Should I show you on alpha first?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "This one was fine, the stick just tastes weird."

Jihoon nods slightly. "Okay widen open and say ah for me." He mutters and Baek speaks up. "Trust me I already know I'm lucky."

Chanyeol opens his mouth, following orders obediently.

Jihoon places the stick on Chanyeol's tongue before shining the light in the back of his throat slightly

Chanyeol tries to breath through his nose.

"Okay Chanyeol can you say ah again for me?" He mumbles getting slightly closer to get a better look but not too close.

"Aaah" Chanyeol said, trying not to cringe from the stick

"Does your throat hurt at all?" He questions sitting back as he reaches for his next tool.

"Yeah." Chanyeol nodded. "Why?"

"It just looks a little sore." He smiles gently before showing Chanyeol the next tool. "This is gonna go in your ear to check your temperature. Should I do it on alpha first?"

Chanyeol nodded. He watched the doctor

Jihoon nods and Baekhyun turns his head toward Chanyeol instinctively letting Jihoon put the piece of equipment in his ear.

Chanyeol smiled a little at Baekhyun, watching the doctor with his tool.

The machine makes a small beep and reveals a number which was Baek's temperature before removing it.

Baek grins letting his gaze land on Chanyeol's eyes. Jihoon was right, he does have pretty eyes.

"Why did it beep? What does it say?" Chanyeol asked, leaning forward a bit.

Jihoon shows Chanyeol the small number. "The beep means it's finished, and that little number his how warm Alpha is. And he's healthy."

"Oh. Okay." Chanyeol said sitting back again. "Does it matter which ear?"

"Nope. Just turn to whichever way you like and tell me when you're ready." He smiles before resetting the machine

"Ok." Chanyeol turned to face Baekhyun. "Ready."

Baekhyun grins excitedly and Jihoon places the tool in Chanyeol's ear. "You two are too cute." He chuckles slightly as he waits for the machine to beep

Chanyeol smiles a bit, looking at Baekhyun.

The machine beeps and Jihoon pulls the machine out of Chanyeol's ear. "Okay buddie you've got a bit of a temperature." He chuckles looking at Chanyeol. "I'm just gonna check your pulse real quick, no equipment this time." He explains and reaches to put two fingers under Chanyeol's jawline

"Temperature?" Chanyeol tried not to cringe on the doctors fingers.

"Yeah you're just a little bit too warm." He mutters moving his hand away again. "You're pulse is fine though! Just looks like a little flu. I'll just run to the infirmary and I'll be back with some medicine."

"Ok." Chanyeol sat there quietly, thinking.

Jihoon nods before he packs everything up and begins walking out. Baek chuckles wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's neck. "Aigoo do you know how hard it was not to kiss you when you were looking at me like that?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "You cant kiss me! Im sick, didnt you hear?"

"But Yeollieee~ just once? Come on please?" He whines pulling back and tries to give his best puppy eyes

"No! Im sick. And you'll get sick. And then you cant do your alpha things."

"You're gonna drive me crazy.." He whines nuzzling into Chanyeol's neck. "You best get better quickly."

"Im sorry. Ill try." Chanyeol said. "You shouldn't be so close. You can catch it."

"Chan~ come on at least lemme hug you if I can't kiss you." He giggles just as Jihoon walks in.

"No! I dont want you to catch this." Chanyeol pulled Baekhyuns arms off of him.

"Yeollie~" He whines but sits back as Jihoon walks over. "Okay take some of this before sleep and when you wake up." He explains before noticing Baek's pout. "What's up alpha?" He laughs slightly but Baek shakes his head. "My mates caring!" He chuckles shaking his head.

Chanyeol took the medicine. "Before I go to sleep, and when I wake up. Got it. Thank you."

"Wait wait Jihoon! Tell him I'm at least allowed to hug him cause he won't lemme kiss him.." He whines and Jihoon lets out a laugh. "Chanyeol you're smart. Okay no kisses but you're allowed to cuddle him." Jihoon explains and pats his head. "You're responsible, it's gonna be great having you in the back. Get well soon!" He chuckles before walking out

Chanyeol smiled a bit. "Does everyone know Im coming into the pack?"

Baekhyun nods calmly. "They always know about anything that happens within the pack, it just keeps that trust with each other it's key to a strong pack." He explains as he wraps his arms around Chanyeol's shoulders again.

"Oh. So, no one has a surprise party?" Chanyeol asked, curious.

"Now it wouldn't be a surprised if I told you?" He winks playfully before laying down on the bed

"No, I guess not." Chanyeol agreed, laying down on the bed beside him.

Baek grins resting his face on Chanyeol's chest comfortably

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun, holding him tightly.

Baekhyun sighs content before looking up at his mate. "Yeollie, if you're planning on falling asleep now you should take your medicine."

Chanyeol nodded, letting go of Baekhyun and sitting up, grabbing his medicine.

Baek giggles and cuddles up to a pillow for the mean time instead

Chanyeol struggles with the lid for a minute, before passing it to Baekhyun. "I cant get it open."

Baek chuckles tapping the top. "You have to push this down."He explains before opening it for him.

"Oh. How much do I take?" Chanyeol asked before he hands it back.

"Two spoons. Want me to feed it you?" He grins standing to get a spoon.

"No. I think I can do it." Chanyeol answered.

"Okay." Baekhyun grins and hands Chanyeol a spoon

Chanyeol poured a spoonful, eating it. "It tastes bad." He said, face scrunching. He poured the other spoonful, eating it reluctantly.

"It'll make you feel better." He explains and reaches for the bottle. "I'll go put it up until morning."

"Ok." Chanyeol laid down, cuddling into the blankets. He was asleep almost instantly.

Baekhyun stands up and places the bottle of medicine on the cabinet before laying down next to his mate comfortably

Chanyeol woke up, his arms wrapped around Baekhyun. He smiled

Baekhyun yawns tiredly, still a little while away from being awake as he nuzzles his face into Chanyeol's chest.

Chanyeols smile widened as he watched Baekhyun. He remembered his medicine, and lifted his head, trying to find the bottle.

"Yeollie what are you doing?" He mumbles trying to bury his face further in Chanyeol's chest

"I'm trying to find my medicine. Where'd you put it last night?" Chanyeol asked, ruffling Baekhyuns hair.

"It's on the cabinet." He mumbles clinging onto his mate

"Ok. I have to get up, Hyunnie." Chanyeol said, trying to get out of the bed.

"Ok five minutes, and then I have to get up." Chanyeol caved.

"This is why my mates the best." Baekhyun states rolling ontop of Chanyeol, too tired to put thought into his actions. "You're comfy."

"Thank you?" Chanyeol questioned, giggling. He wrapped his arms around Baekhyun again.

"Welcome." Baekhyun mumbles burying his face in Chanyeol's neck comfortably.

Chanyeol was starting to enjoy this. He liked cuddles. He looked at the clock and saw that five minutes were up, but didn't move.

Baekhyun lets out a content sigh before pulling up slightly to look at Chanyeol despite the fact he was still on top of him. "Lets get you your medicine."

"No! I don't wanna move!" He whined out.

"Okay we'll get your medicine in a minute then." Baekhyun chuckles leaning down slightly. "Do I get a kiss?"

"No. I'm still sick." Chanyeol said, pushing him back.

"Just one little peck?" He whines burying his face into Chanyeol's shoulder

"No! I don't want you to catch this!" Chanyeol whined back, mimicking him.

"Aigoo you're so responsible!" He mumbles kissing Chanyeol's cheek gently before pulling himself off of the other. "I'll get your medicine."

"Ok." Chanyeol stayed in the bed, waiting for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun grabs Chanyeol's medicine and a spoon before sitting himself in Chanyeol's lap with a smile before opening up the bottle for Chanyeol

Chanyeol sat up, going to take the spoon and bottle from Baekhyun.

"No no lemme feed you!" Baek giggles making himself comfy on Chanyeol's lap

"Ok." Chanyeol caved, smiling at Baekhyuns childish behavior.

Baek smiles brightly pouring some medicine onto the spoon and presses it against Yeol's lips

Chanyeol opened his mouth, taking the spoon into his mouth. "It still tastes bad." He said.

"The taste won't change, you won't need to take it anymore when you're better." Baekhyun chuckles before pouring the spoon again. "Yeollie?"

Chanyeol huffed opening his mouth for the spoon. "Why can't they make it taste good?" He asked, grimacing.

"I've been wondering the same thing." He mutters sliding the spoon into Chanyeol's mouth.

Chanyeol leaned back when he swallowed the medicine. "So, what are we gonna do today?" He asked, bouncing underneath Baekhyun.

Baekhyun shudders burying his face in Chanyeol's shoulder flustered. "Omo Yeollie don't do that while I'm on your lap." He stammers clinging onto Chanyeol's shirt.

"Why? What did I do?" Chanyeol asked, confused.

"N-Never mind." He lets out a chuckle calming his wolf down so it doesn't take over his actions. "Today is your welcoming remember"

"Oh. Right." Chanyeol said absently. He bounced again, experimentally.

"Y-Yeollie..." He stammers, a blush building on his cheeks as his wolf started up again but he fights it back.

"What?" Chanyeol asked, curious. "What are you doing?"

"I- uh.. I'll be back I need a shower." He stammers and begins to crawl off of Chanyeol's lap. Self control, Baek you're an alpha.

Chanyeol looked after him, confused. "Hyunnie? What's wrong?" He called after him, getting up.

"Nothing, Yeollie I'm fine." He offers a smile as he gathers some clothes

Chanyeol didn't believe him. "You sure you're alright? You don't stammer."

"Don't worry about it Yeollie." He mumbles taking a step toward his mate. "If you want you can go talk to the pack or you can wait here." He mumbles, the blush still sat on his cheeks

"I'll wait here." Chanyeol said, not feeling comfortable with meeting other people yet.

Baekhyun nods kissing Chanyeol's cheek quickly before rushing into the bathroom with his clothes and tugs his shirt off but facepalms realising he forgot a towel and walks back into the bedroom in search of one.

Chanyeol sat one the bed, playing with the comforter to avoid looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun chuckles at his mate before grabbing himself a towel and walks over to Chanyeol calmly. "Yeol? You don't need to be shy.."

"I'm not shy." Chanyeol countered.

"Prove it." Baekhyun giggles folding his arms triumphantly

"Fine." Chanyeol looked up at him, avoiding his torso. "There. Proof."

"Do I get a kiss before I hop in the shower?" Baekhyun giggles at his own attempt and gives his best puppy eyes to Chanyeol

"No. If you get sick you can't be Alpha." Chanyeol responded, pouting.

"But Yeollie it'll only be until I'm better! Pleaseee!" He pouts wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's shoulders

Chanyeol fought himself. "N-no, if I'm better tomorrow, you can kiss me all you want. Promise."

Baekhyun grins pecking Chanyeol's cheek before heading into the bathroom

Chanyeol smiled, getting changed. There was a knock on the den door.

Jihoon leans against the wall on the outside of the den waiting for somebody to answer

Chanyeol sniffed the air, smelling Jihoon. He opened the door. "Hi, Jihoon!"

"Hey buddie! I'm just here for a check up to make sure you're getting better, is alpha here?" He questions before stepping in casually

"He's in the shower." Chanyeol responded, pointing to the bathroom. He sat down on the bed.

"Are you alright on your own?" Jihoon questions before pulling out his tools from yesterday

"I think so. Nothing new, right?" Chanyeol asked, looking the tools for any new ones.

"No, nothing new." Jiyeon grins picking up the hammer. "Sit at the edge of the bed for me?"

Chanyeol scoots to the end of the bed, legs hanging over the side.

Jihoon gives Chanyeol's knee a light tap. "Are you excited to join the pack?"

"Yeah." Chanyeol responded with a smile, his leg swinging back and forth.

"We can skip the eye part for today, are you feeling any better at all?" He asks picking up the temperature machine

"Yeah. That medicine tastes bad, can't you fix that?" Chanyeol asked.

"I've brought a nicer one." Jihoon chuckles showing Chanyeol a new bottle. "Look to the side for me?" He mutters getting the machine ready

Chanyeol turned his head towards the bathroom door, waiting for Baekhyun to come out.

Baekhyun comes out without a shirt not noticing Jihoon. "Yeollie? Did I leave my shirt in- woah okay we have a guest.." He mutters backing back into the bathroom embarrssed. 
Jihoon lets out a laugh and puts the tool in Chanyeol's ear to check his temperature

Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyuns embarrassment. That should teach him not to go around without a shirt on.

Baek frowns looking through his bathroom for a shirt. He could swear he brought one in..
Jihoon raises an eyebrow playfully. "Aigoo smiling like that after seeing him shirtless?" He smirks as the machine beeps. "Temperatures normal." He explains before reaching for the torch and stick

"He always teases me about being shy around him when he's shirtless. I'm glad my temperature is normal." Chanyeol got an idea. "Can we not tell Alpha that yet? Just to get back at him?" He asked, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Omo what revenge are we thinkin" Jihoon questions with a playful glint in his eye as he gets the torch reasy

"He's not allowed to kiss me until I'm better. And if you tell him I won't be better for a few more days...."

"Chanyeol, I wish you luck." He grins shining the torch on his mouth. "Say ah."

"Aaah." Chanyeol said, tongue hanging out a bit.

Jihoon presses the stick on Chanyeol's tongue before shining the light into his throat. 
Baek knocks on the bathroom door from the inside. "Yeollie? I think I left my shirt in there is Jihoon still here?"

Chanyeol tried to talk around the stick, before looking to Jihoon to talk for him.

"I'm still here, alpha gimmi a minute." He calls in before turning to Chanyeol. "Your throat still looks a little sore so it might not actually end up being a joke with not being able to kiss alpha." He explains with a small smile

Chanyeol nodded. He waited to see if there was anything left.

"I'll be back for a checkup tomorrow alright?" He smiles before packing up his stuff. "I'm leaving now, alpha!"

Chanyeol sat Indian Style. "He's gone, Hyunnie. You can come out now."

Jihoon gives a bow to Chanyeol before placing the medicine on the side and walks out of the den. 
Baek soon comes out and plops down next to Chanyeol. "So? What did he say? Are you gonna lemme kiss you yet?" He questions, completely forgetting to get a shirt on.

Chanyeol shook his head. "No, not yet."

Baekhyun groans laying back on the bed and hides his face in the pillow whining some nonsense into the cushion

"Huh? What did you say?" Chanyeol asked, putting a hand on him.

"Nothing." He mumbles into the pillow clinging onto it and uses the item to keep his face hidden

"Okay. Hey, what happened to you earlier?" Chanyeol asked.

"That's not something I should talk about.." Baek mumbles awkwardly making sure his face stayed well hidden

"Why?" Chanyeol asked. "Was it something I did?"

"No my wolf's just a little bit.. Uh.. Fast paced." He mumbles unsure of how to explain it without making it obvious

Chanyeol cocked his head to the side. "Fast paced?" He questioned, not understanding.

"U-Uh... My wolf wants something more than kissing which is a little bit.. Uh... Yeollie this isn't something I wanna explain." He mumbles a blush hitting his cheeks

"Oh. Ok. I still don't understand, but I'll stop asking if it makes you uncomfortable."

"Thank you." He mumbles moving the pillow away to fan his face embarrssed

"Am I supposed to do something special for my welcoming?"

"Only answer a few questions. You wanna go now?" He asks propping himself up on his elbows.

"We can. If you want." Chanyeol was bit nervous, worried he was gonna mess something up.

"Sure thing." Baek stands and heads toward the door forgetting he was shirtless

"Uh, Hyunnie?" Chanyeol called out.

"Yeah?" He questions pausing to turn toward Chanyeol with a causal grin

"You, uh, don't have a shirt on." Chanyeol said, pointing to his shirtless torso.

Baek grins sheepishly before rushing toward his wardrobe. "Thanks Yeollie!"

Chanyeol laughed. He got up, heading out the door of the den, waiting for Baekhyun

Baekhyun slips a tight shirt on to match his dark skinny jeans before heading over to meet Chanyeol

"So, where do we go?" Chanyeol asked, looking at Baekhyun

"The elders will show us." He grins reaching for Chanyeol's hand softly

"Ok." Chanyeol said, lacing his fingers with Baekhyuns

Baek grins looking down at their hands as he goes to find the elders

Chanyeol quietly walked alongside Baekhyun.

They found the elders in the edge of the border, building a fire.

"This is it, Baek."

"This is the start of our new lives."