Mates

Mated to the Enemy's Reject

Chanyeol took a deep breath, inhaling that beautiful smell. His mate was here. He knew it. He just needed to find it.

Baekhyun chuckles managing to pry one of the pack pups off of his leg which earns him a pout from the other. "But, alpha! I wanna show you how strong I've gotten!" She whines and Baek shakes his head. There was a smell in the air that was unmistakable, not something he'd experienced before and too sweet to be anything otherwise, his mate had to be in the area. He just had to.

Chanyeol ran through the woods, tracking the smell. He finally found it in the alpha of the pack, Byun Baekhyun

Baekhyun turns around eyes widening slightly when he sees Chanyeol, his wolf practically screams inside his head and he freezes in place. The pup tugs at Baek's leg again with a small whine not realising the situaiton. "Alpha~"

Chanyeol froze, not knowing what to do. He wanted to run to his mate, but Chanyeol was an omega, and his mate was the Alpha.

Baekhyun smiles softly not realising his mate was in another pack that he was supposed to hate. "H.. Hi.." He stammers nervously and lifts up the pup to stop her from tugging at his leg

Chanyeols mouth opened, but no sound came out. He stood there for a minute, before he bolted.

Baekhyun's eyebrows furrow confused as he takes a step toward where Chanyeol was. "You could've told me your name..." He mutters frowning slightly as he begins walking back in the direction of his pack

Chanyeol ran until he couldnt run anymore. He stopped, leaning against a tree to catch his breath. "What do I do?" He asked himself, looking back in longing. He wanted to go back, to talk to him, but even if he did, he would probably realize he was from another pack, and that he was an omega. No one wanted an omega, not even his own pack. What could he do?

Eunhee raises an eyebrow as she looks up to Baekhyun. "Alpha? Who was he..?" She questions and Baek shakes his head. "Someone who could be potentially very important to me.." He mutters to Eunhee with a calm smile.

That night, Chanyeol couldnt stop himself from running back to his mate. He sat on the edge of the woods, listening to his nightly routine, wondering if they'll be able to do that together one day.

Baek chuckles as he finishes off the pups story and sends them all off to bed with a proud grin before saying goodnight the adults and he switches into wolf form beginning to walk out to the edge of pack territory for a daily border run.

Chanyeol smells another wolf, and gets ready to run, but freezes when he realizes that smell was mate.

Baekhyun freezes at the scent of his mate. He takes a glance in the direction but shakes his head. His pack had to come first no matter what so he began walking around the borders of pack territory

Chanyeol decided it was safe, and started to make his way to the border that splits his territory with open space, just before you reach his packs territory. He stopped when the smell of his mate got closer.

Baekhyun notices his mate seemed to be getting closer and turns his head in the direction as he switches back into wolf form looking to see if his mind was playing games with him.

Chanyeol cautiously went forward, freezing once again as his eyes laid upon a beautiful wolf. His mate. He gulped, trying to find a way to get away from him.

Baekhyun grins and takes a couple steps toward Chanyeol unknowingly, deciding not to speak up this time as it made him run away last time.

Chanyeol didnt know what to do. He wanted to run, but his body and his wolf wouldnt let him. He wanted to run to his mate, but the logical part of him told him not to move. So he just stood there, waiting.

Baekhyun stood cautiously, a few paces away from Chanyeol not to scare him away. "H.. Hi.. If you're gonna run again at least tell me your name.." He mutters rubbing the back of his head as he turns around to make sure none of his pack mates were coming up

"Ch-Chanyeol." He responded in a quiet voice, guilty for having running earlier. He loved the sound of his mates voice. He wanted to hear more of it.

Baekhyun smiles brightly with a small nod. "I'm uh.. I'm Baekhyun." He grins before his head snaps behind him hearing someone call his name. "Alpha?"

Chanyeols head snapped up, fear on his face from the arrival of the voice. He was getting ready to bolt again.

"Wait, Chanyeol relax." He mutters quickly before turning back. "Qri is there a problem?" He questions curiously before she answers. "I can smell someone from another pack.." She explains and Baek sighs. "He's a friendly, Qri."

Chanyeols eyes widened in surprise at Baekhyuns statement. Could he tell the he was rejected from his pack? Chanyeol didnt know what to do.

Baek turns his attention back to Chanyeol quickly. "Shouldn't you be with your pack at this time of night..? Or are you doing border runs for your territory?"

"N-no. I-i was just heading back." Chanyeol cursed his tongue for stuttering.

Baek nods quickly and turns around again toward where Qri was. "Wait, Qri! Can you take the border run tonight for me?" He questions and she quickly says yes so Baek steps out onto the unclaimed territory infront of him. "What pack are you under?"

"Uh- That - doesn't matter. I should get going." Chanyeol turned around making his way to his tree.

Baekhyun sighs stepping back to his pack territory. "Take care, Chanyeol." He mutters before heading toward the pack dens

Chanyeol heaved a huge sigh of relief when he got to his tree, happy that he wasn't followed. "Well, well. Lookie who I found. The Unwanted. Youre awful close to our territory, aren't you, swine?" Chanyeols head popped up, looking at the beta of the Moon pack. "Im sorry. Ill leave." Chanyeol grabbed his things, heading closer to his mates territory. "And dont bother coming back, Omega!" Beta said as Chanyeol walked away.

Baekhyun sits around all the dens making sure everyone was asleep before heading toward his own den. "Chanyeol.. It's a nice name..."

Chanyeol laid down a few feet from his mates territory, a smile on his face as he thought of his mate. Even with all that's gone on, he has something to smile about.

Baekhyun turns over in his bed restlessly unable to let sleep take over his mind despite how tired he was.

Chanyeol couldnt sleep, knowing his mate was this close to him made his wolf go mad. So he just laid on his back, counting stars.

Baek sighs deciding to go out on a walk, his instincts sent him off in the direction that he saw Chanyeol beforehand

Chanyeol was just dozing off when he smelled his mate coming closer. "He should be sleeping, Whats he doing?" He sat up a bit, wanting to see what happens.

Baek sighs leaning against a tree just outside of his pack territory, his mind too exhausted to realise his mate was nearby

Chanyeol just sat there, watching him as the moonlight hit him in all the right places. He looked gorgeous, and Chanyeol knew that he wasn't anywhere near his mates league. So he just sat there, quietly watching.

Baek lets out a tired sigh as he looks up toward the stars with a slight smile before catching a scent of his mate and his eyes widen. "C.. Chanyeol..?"

Chanyeols eyes widened as he heard his mates beautiful voice say his name. "Y-yeah?" He responded timidly. He wasn't expecting to get caught.

Baek follows the sound of the voice with his eyes nervously. "Weren't you going back to your pack..?"

"U-uh.. y-yeah, I was, but I wanted to lay.... out..... here. Yeah." Chanyeol lied nervously.

"What, they just let you walk out?" He asks confused. He considered moving closer to Chanyeol but goes against it nervously

"Yeah! They do that." He was nervous. He was lying to his mate, an Alpha. What does he do if he doesn't buy it?

"What pack are you in again? Your alpha seems really layed back.." He mutters resisting the urge to move closer to Chanyeol

"Uh- well, I-" Chanyeol stuttered. He couldnt think of a name of a pack. If he said the Moon pack, not only will Baekhyun think hes the enemy, but if someone caught wind of him saying that, he could be killed.

"Is there a problem..?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "Wait! Please don't tell me you're a rogue!" He stammers quickly looking down at Chanyeol with wide eyes

"I'm not a rogue." Sort of. He was kinda a rogue, kinda an Omega. He was a part of thw moon pack, but he was rejected, never to associate himself with the pack.

"Is there a problem with your pack? Usually wolves are quite fond of speaking about their pack.. Or mine is at least.." He mutters glancing in the direction of the pack.

"Well- there's no- i - I cant tell you." He finally came up with something, but its not enough. He knows it isn't. And its all he can come up with.

Baekhyun raises an eyebrow worriedly. "Are you sure you're not a rogue..?" He questions nervously

"I-I'm sure! Im not a rogue."

"Then why can't you tell me..?" He asks curiously leaning toward Chanyeol slightly

"Well- I- I- I cant say it here, someone from my pack might hear me." Chanyeol replied, the truth starting to come out.

"But the only time that's an issue is when someone's a traitor or gets rejected.." He questions raising an eyebrow and stumbles on the ground tiredly

"Yeah, I know." Chanyeol looked at the ground, nervous that he was figuring it out.

"Are you a traitor?" He blurts out, a flower resting against his nose making him sneeze slightly

"No! No, that's not it. I- I was rejected." If his nerves weren't on overdrive, he would have giggled at how cute Baekhyun looked.

Baek pouts slightly as he moves away from the flower. "Why..?" He asks shyly tilting his head to the side

Again with the cuteness. "They thought I was too weak. They only want the best, even their omegas are strong, well, except me."

A slightly protective growl escapes Baek's chest as he sits up straight. "But that's unfair! Didn't they try training you?.. You don't look like an omega..." He mutters looking ahead of him. "Who's your alpha?"

"They did. I didnt pass." He looked at Baekhyun, surprised. "Why?"

"Because a good alpha doesn't simply reject a pack member. One of my strongest fighters had to retake his training three times over." He mutters standing up. "You can join us?"

"What? Join you? You want me in your pack?" Chanyeol couldnt understand. He was told that no one would want a weak Omega like him.

"Yeah.. We have some of the best training there is and we don't simply give up on people." He mutters raising an eyebrow. "I need to see your alpha before inviting you though..."

"Oh, right. Umm-" What could he say? Would Baekhyuns view on him change if he knew what pack he was from?

"Please..?" He mutters raising an eyebrow. "Trust me. The sun pack is one of the strongest and if he's rejected you anyway he won't be putting up a fight."

"Hwang Zitao. From the Moon pack." Chanyeol looked at the floor, playing with the grass as he waited to be rejected again.

"Zitao? Aish that's gonna be easy even if he does wanna fight! The man's weak!" He scoffs and offers Chanyeol a hand. "Come on. My packs well known so I'm hoping he'll know not to mess with their alpha." Baekhyun offers a kind smile as he looks around slightly

Chanyeols head snapped up, looking at the hand that was extended to him. "You mean, you're not going to reject me?"

"The sun pack doesn't believe in rejecting anyone." He shrugs keeping his hand held out. "You coming?" He asks with a slight smile secretly just wanting to feel his mates hand in his

Chanyeol slowly put his hand in Baekhyuns, loving the feel of it. He grabbed his bag, going with Baekhyun.

Chanyeol slowly put his hand in Baekhyuns, loving the feel of it. He grabbed his bag, going with Baekhyun.

Baek's eyes flash yellow for a second as a breath escapes his lips, his skin burnt pleasantly at his mates touch and his heart rate sped up. A nervous sweat builds on the back of his neck but it doesn't stop the overjoyed grin from landing on his lips

"What are you smiling about?" Chanyeol asked, smiling slightly in spite of himself.

Baekhyun's grin widens slightly at the sound of Chan's voice combined with the simple touch of their hands but he shakes his head not answering him. "Let's go see Zitao." He mutters forgetting to pull his hand away from Chanyeol's

Chanyeols smile fell when he heard his Alphas name. "D-do I have to go?"

"I'm not allowed to request to take you in unless I bring you with me." He sighs giving Chanyeol's hand s light squeeze. "I promise I won't let him lay a paw on you."

"Ok." Chanyeol reluctantly gave in. "Lets go."

Baek nods and hesitantly pulls his hands away from Chanyeol's, almost instantly missing the warmth it gave as he walked toward where he thought the moon pack was

Chanyeol almost whimpered at the loss of Baekhyuns hand, but he didnt say anything. He felt his stomach clenching as he got closer and closer to the Moon packs territory.

Baek's face scrunches up slightly at the strong scent of his rival pack as he offers his hand to Chanyeol again to offer him support

Chanyeol took Baekhyuns hand gratefully. He saw the beta walking towards him, and he stiffened, his grip on Baekhyuns hand tightening. "What are you doing here? With the alpha of our enemy pack?"

Baekhyun sighs glaring at the Beta slightly. "I'm not here for a fight I want to make a request." He deadpans as he squeezes Chanyeol's hand gently.

The beta raised an eyebrow, before shrugging. "Alright. The alphas in his office. You know where that is, right, reject?" Chanyeol nodded stiffly, before he pulled Baekhyun to Alpha Zitaos office.

The beta raised an eyebrow, before shrugging. "Alright. The alphas in his office. You know where that is, right, reject?" Chanyeol nodded stiffly, before he pulled Baekhyun to Alpha Zitaos office.

Baekhyun let's out a quiet growl at the name before knocking on Zitao's office with an emotionless look on his face except the glint of happiness in his eyes brought on by his grip on Chanyeol's hand

"Come in." Zitaos voice came through the door. Chanyeol froze as the door opened. The last time he was in here was when he was rejected. And that didnt end well for him. Zitao glanced up, and then looked again when he saw Baekhyun. "What are you doing here? And you brought our reject? What, planning on taking him as your own?"

Baekhyun nods quickly. "Just to free you of any I'd like to take any rejects you have into my pack. If not all of them then just this one." He mutters glancing at Chanyeol and squeezes his hand trying to be comforting.

Zitao laughed. "There are no other rejects. He was, and is the only one. And you can have him, it will be nice to have him off of my hands." Chanyeol looked down at the floor, hating himself for being the runt of the pack.

"Thanks." He mutters with a respectful bow which he had to in enemy grounds and begins walking out with Chan's hand in his. "Aish he's so cruel about it..." He whispers to himself once the door was closed.

Chanyeol stayed quiet, still hating himself for being a runt. "Hes only doing what he thinks is best. I was the runt."

"Don't worry. Trainers like ours will shape you up in no time! He'll regret letting you come to our pack within a month." Baekhyun mutters proudly before heading out of the moon packs territory

"Dont be so sure. There are six months between training tests, and I couldnt get ready that fast."

"What form of training do they use though?" He questions proudly. "Trust me okay?" Baek grins looking up at his mate. "Aish you're so tall!"

"I dont know, I havent seen any other kinds." He chuckled. "Yeah, I think I'm the tallest runt ever."

"Well were they harsh or quite patient with it?" He questions, sighing content when he exits their territory. "How do you not smell like them?"

"Patient at first, then harsh." He looked at himself. "I don't? Oh, well, it must be because I have been away for a while."

Baekhyun nods and steps into the sun pack territory. "Ours are completely patient. There's no pressure and we go through it move by move to make things easy." He smiles softly pulling his eyes away from Chanyeol's.

"Really? Those actually exist?" Chanyeol thought that were only something of his imagination.

"I'm telling you, my pack has nothing but the best!" He grins and arrives at the dens. "Okay.. Its late so I'll get the elders to invite you tomorrow. For tonight there's a spare den or you can sleep in my den." He gives a casual shrug as he looks up at Chanyeol

Chanyeol sputtered at the thought of sharing a den with his mate. I mean, he wanted to, but he didn't know if he should. So, instead of responding, he just says, "Thank you."

"Wait, which one are you staying at..?" He asks titling his head to the side as he pulls his hand away from Chanyeol's. "Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not after anything I just want you to be comfortable." He grins kindly

"No, i mean thank you for all you've done for me. No ones ever done it before." He thought for a minute. "I think I'll take the spare den for now, if that's Ok."

Baekhyun nods with a small shrug. "Don't thank me, honestly it's fine." He chuckles before walking to one of the dens. "Okay this is where you'll be staying. The pups are pretty loud when they get up so I hope you don't mind early mornings and if you need anything my dens over there." He points over to a den a little further away from the others

"Ok, thank- sorry." Chanyeol caught himself fr saying thank you for the millionth time. He walked into his den, liking the coziness of it all. He laid down on the bed, trying to sleep, but once again, his wolf wouldnt let him, knowing that his mate was not more than 100 yards away.

Baekhyun grins widely before saying goodnight to Chanyeol and heads over to his den. He quickly rushes to his bed and buries his face in the pillow kicking his legs excitedly

Chanyeol found himself sitting at the entrance of his den, staring at the stars, and thinking of Baekhyun.

Baek giggles excitedly as he rolls over holding his pillow to his face. Finally, all the other pack members could stop making fun of him for not having a mate. He actually had someone and the thought sent his wolf howling and a warm feeling to build in his chest.

Chanyeol realized that his wolf wouldnt be satisfied until he was in the same den as his mate, so, he slowly made his way over to the Alphas den. "Baek- Alpha? Are you awake?" He whispered from the entrance of the den.

Baekhyun freezes and puts on a more straight face as he walks over to the door casually opening it. "Are you okay?"

Chanyeol looked at the floor, scuffing his foot a bit. "I cant sleep. My wolf wont let me." He stopped himself from saying any more, knowing that that could be a slight embarrassment.

Baekhyun grins opening his door as an invite. "Say no more! Make yourself comfy!" He chuckles looking over his den and back at Chanyeol

Chanyeol slowly crossed the threshold, a bit uneasy. He looked around the den. "Wow! This is nice!" He had never seen a den before, the old pack used cabins.

"Have you never seen a den?" Baek chuckles and goes to close the door but does a double take. "Wait would you be more comfortable with an open door..?"

Chanyeol shook his head. "We used cabins." He looked at Baekhyun, blinking, before replying, "Whatever you want. Its your den, after all."

"Omo you mean those crappy things that looked like they couldn't even stand the rain? Zitao really needs to take care of his pack.. And its your choice but when the doors open the pups tend to run in." He chuckles shaking his head at how cute they could be

"I guess, door closed, then." Chanyeol just kinda stood there awkwardly, looking around at everything.

Baek nods and closes the door before plopping himself down onto his bed. "Uh.. I can take the floor if you like?" He mutters before sitting up and pats the bed for Chanyeol

"You dont have to do that. I can take the floor." He slowly made his way over to the bed, sitting on the very edge of it.

"No no no! I'll take the floor you make yourself comfy on the bed.. Unless you wanted to share?" He stammers, a light blush taking over his cheeks

"We can share, if you want." Chanyeol looked at his fingers, playing with them, to try and keep the blush off of his face.

Baek grins and hops onto the bed getting himself under the covers and lifts them for Chanyeol with an innocent grin.

Chanyeol timidly crawls under the covers, laying on the edge of the bed in case Baekhyun didnt like it.

Baek giggles as he glances at Chanyeol hiding half of his face with the blanket. "Omo won't you end up falling off there?" He chuckles but gasps slightly. "Wait! Are you uncomfortable at all? I really am okay with sleeping on the floor!"

"Im fine. I was worried you would want me off the bed, that's all. If anyone would sleep ont he floor, it would be me. This is your den, not mine."

"Omo, you're so polite!" Baek grins and without thinking shuffles forward to rest his head on Chanyeol's chest. "The elders are gonna love you when they invite you to the pack tomorrow."

Chanyeols eyes widened as Baekhyuns head rested on his chest. "You think so, Alpha? You really think they'll like me?"

Baekhyun nods confidently. "Yeah. You're really polite and with a little training we can get you up to shape in no time!" He grins looking up at Chanyeol. "Should I move?"

"No!" He responded to quickly, wrapping his arms around him. "I mean, you dont have to."

Baekhyun grins letting himself nuzzle into Chanyeol's chest lightly. "Good cause I didn't want to." He grins snaking an arm around Chanyeol as he lets his eyes close

Baekhyun groans as he hears the slight playful squeal of one of the pups and tries hiding his face in the pillow to block out the sound. His eyebrows furrow confused when he realises his pillow had taken on a new scent which he couldn't seem to get enough of. The pillow had also gotten considerably harder but alot comfier than it already was but what confused him most was the fact he could hear a heartbeat. He opens an eye confused to see someone lying next to him and he looks up to see the rays of sun falling perfectly on his mate's sleeping face causing a grin to take over his lips.

Chanyeol stirred a bit in his sleep, a weight on his chest. His eyes fluttered open, landing on his smiling mate. A small smile graced his own face. "Good morning!"

Baekhyun let's a small giggle escape his lips as he pulls himself off of Chanyeol and sits at the end of the bed. "Okay, uh do you want breakfast? We can talk to the elders soon.. Oh and do you want me to buy you some clothes?" He gives a sweet smile before walking over to his wardrobe.

"Breakfast? Uh, sure." He grabbed his things, getting up himself. "You dont have to, I brought my own." He said timidly, holding up his small bag. Chanyeol hesitated, before heading towards the door.

"Okay, uh well if you wanna stay in my den you can throw them in the wardrobe but if not you can out them in the spare den." He gives a smile before heading into the bathroom to change.

Chanyeol stood there, dumbfounded. Baekhyun barely knew him, yet he was being so nice to him. Chanyeol decided to stay, quickly getting changed and setting his bag by the wardrobe. He walked around the room as he waited for Baekhyun, looking at everything.

Baek soon comes out in black jeans and a red baggy hoodie and places his dirty clothes in the washing basket before turning Chanyeol. "You ready to go get breakfast?" He gives a smile and reaches for the door

Chanyeol went to answer, but his stomach beat him to it. He smiled sheepishly, looking at his feet.

Baekhyun gives a small giggle and holds the door open for Chanyeol. "After you." He states politely taking a look outside

Chanyeol went through the door, nervous about meeting the elders. He waited for Baekhyun when he got through, silently asking him to lead the way.

Baekhyun closes the door casually before spotting someone and turns to Chanyeol. "Gimmie a sec." He mutters offering a smile before running to his friend. "Beta! Beta Beta Beta! Guess what!" He yells jumping onto Taehyung who catches him quickly, Baekhyun looks like a mix between a sloth and a young child as he moves back signalling to Chan. "We're gonna have a new member today!" He grins before whispering to him. "I found my mate!" He whispers before jumping off of Tae who gives a smile. "Congrats, alpha now can I get back to Hoseok for breakfast?" He questions and Baek nods walking back to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol felt a small twinge of jealousy, but he shook it off. "Hes the beta, they are best friends." Chanyeol smiles when Baekhyun comes closer.

"Aish my brother can be so cold.." Baek chuckles shaking his head and begins walking to the cafeteria area. "What do you wanna eat?"

"I dont care. Whatever is great." Chanyeol wasn't used to this, having people be nice to him.

Baekhyun nods and walks over to where the food is and hands Chanyeol the plate. "Choose what you like." He grins before grabbing a plate for himself

Chanyeol took a little bit of everything, afraid to take too much. He followed Baekhyun, trying to ignore the stares he got.

Baekhyun takes a seat on the table with the elders making sure there was enough room for Chan before speaking up. "May I ask a favour?"

Chanyeol sat down quietly, just listening to everything that was going on. He froze a bit when Baekhyun spoke to the elders.

The elders turn their gazes on Baek curiosuly. "Yes, alpha..?" They question before Baek speaks up. "When's the soonest you can do a welcoming?" He asks before signalling to Chanyeol. "I've already sorted it out with his old alpha."

Chanyeol waved shyly, keeping his head down. He didnt want to attract too much attention.

The elders think for a second before speaking up. "We can do one either tonight or tomorrow morning." They give a kind smile before one offers a hand to Chanyeol. "My names Park Jinyoung."

Chanyeol bowed his head, shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you." He didnt know how to address Elders, seeing as he didnt get to be around them.

Baek chuckles turning to his mate sensing his nerves. "Yeollie? The elders here are chill you can address them by name as long as you act polite." He smiles at Chanyeol's cuteness before another elder raises an eyebrow. "Is it possible our alpha found his mate..?"

Chanyeol nodded, looking at Baekhyun. He looked at the elder who spoke, a light blush on his cheek.

Baekhyun grins proudly before giving a nod and the elder chuckles. "Aigoo you got a really good looking one!" She chuckles and Baek was almost glowing with pride. "I know right!"

Chanyeol smiled lightly, looking at his hands as he played with his fingers. Why was he blushing so much?

Baekhyun grins glancing at Chanyeol before trying to hide his face and begins eating before thanking the elders. "Can you let me know when you're able to do the welcoming?"

Chanyeol sat there, listening to his mate. His mate. That is something he thought he'd never say.

The elders give Baekhyun a nod and he thanks them quickly before glancing at Chanyeol happily

Chanyeol was glad they would accept him easily. He looked around, trying to find a trash can to dump his half empty plate into.

Baek tilts his head slightly at Chanyeol. "Are you full?"

"Hmm?" Chanyeol looked at his plate. "O-oh, yeah, I am." He was used to eating very little at a time. He cursed his tongue for stuttering. Now he'll know somethings wrong.

Baek nods finished with his own plate and gives the elders a bow before standing up and walking over to the washing area which had a bin near it.

Chanyeol quickly got up, bowing to the elders, and rushing to follow Baekhyun.

"They like you." Baek grins emptying his plate into the bin before washing it up calmly.

"You think so? How could you tell?" He asked, following suit.

Baek taps his head lightly. "Did you not have a pack mind link over at moon?" He questions surprised. "There's that and then once we mark each other there's gonna be that separate mind link so we don't need to speak out loud to talk." Baek lets out a chuckle before putting his plate on the drying rack.

"Mind link?" They didnt have that, at least, he didn't. "Mark?" Baekhyun was thinking ahead into the mating process. He didnt even think of it.

"The moon pack is weaker than I thought... And don't worry! I wasn't saying I wanna mark you yet! That's like way way ahead!" He stammers shaking his head quickly.

"Oh." Chanyeol was a little disappointed, but thankful that he was willing to wait. "What do we do now?" Chanyeol asked after he finished cleaning his plate.

"Well we can introduce you to the pack or we can go hang out somewhere?" He suggests and leans against the wall.

"Lets hang out." Chanyeol didnt like the idea of meeting all of the pack members just yet.

Baek nods quickly and reaches for Chanyeol's hand shyly. "I know a really nice lake we can go to that's in no mans land."

"Ok." Chanyeol smiled as Baekhyun held his hand. "Lets go."

Baekhyun grins lacing his fingers inbetween Chanyeol's as he begins walking away from the back, asking his Beta to let him know if anything happens on the way

Chanyeol walked along Baekhyuns side, swinging their hands as they walked.

"Ah~ cute!" He chuckles not realising he said it outloud as he heads into the woods with a bright grin on his face.

"Who's cute? Me?" Chanyeol asked, looking at him. He didnt realize he was doing anything.

"Yeah!" He admits with a bright grin. "Aigoo, the goddess must love me if she gave me a mate like you!" He states giving Chanyeol's hand a gentle squeeze

Chanyeol blushed bit, looking at the floor to hide it as they kept walking.

Baekhyun grins proudly as the lake comes into his sight. "Okay we're here." He grins looking up at Chanyeol cutely

Chanyeols jaw dropped as he took in the sight of the lake. "Wow! Its beautiful here!"

"I know right." He grins proudly taking a seat near a large tree not too far from the lake. "You like it?"

"I love it! I wanna stay here for ever!" Chanyeol stated, spinning in circles, arms outstretched.

Baekhyun grins brightly as he watches Chanyeol. "Omo so cute!" He chuckles pulling his knees up to his chest

Chanyeol fell to the floor, laughing and dizzy. "Can you go wading in the lake?" He asked Baekhyun, wondering if he could.

"Uh I don't think so, I swear something tried to bite me last time I went in there.." He mutters thoughtfully. "Next time we come down here we can try it if we bring spare clothes but we shouldn't go too deep." He gives a grin as he looks down at Chanyeol

"Ok!" Chanyeol said happily. He didnt plan on going too deep, just wading in the water. He never learned to swim, they didnt teach him that in the Moon pack.

Baek giggles as he tilts his head slightly. "You really like it here? My parents used to bring me all the time when I was still a pup.."

"Yeah! Can we come here all the time?" Chanyeol probably looked like a little kid, but he didnt care.

"You can come down whenever you want but as alpha I might not have time here and there." He chuckles folding his legs slightly. "But I'll come down with you as much as possible."

"Ok." He thought for a minute. "B- Alpha, what will I be? When the mating process is done? Will I still be an Omega?"

"You'll lose the omega rank after your training, after that you get to decide your role." He explains as he leans back against the tree. "What were you hoping for?"

Chanyeol shrugged, picking up a rock and tossing into the water. "I dont know. I was just curious."

Baek nods quickly. "Well you just let us know what role you want once you've finished training?" He grins laying down in the grass comfortably

"Ok." Chanyeol laid down on the grass beside him, looking at the clouds. "Look! Its a bunny!" He said, pointing to a cloud.

"You remind me of how Tae was as a pup." Baek chuckles shaking his head as he looks at where Chan was pointing.

"Is that a good thing?" Chanyeol asked, pointing out another one that looks like a spaceship. He didnt know why, but he felt like here, with his mate, he could be childish. And have the childhood he always wanted.

Baekhyun nods quickly. "Yeah it reminds me of when I was still young." He grins at the memory of his parents as he keeps his eyes on the clouds.

"What are they like? Your parents?" Chanyeols family wasn't around much when he was born, so he never felt that love.

"They were the best kind of wolves. My dad was the most selfless alpha that the elders have known and he'd risk his life even for a member that didn't have much time left and my mom.. She was the most caring person there could've been, she would never put herself first and let people talk about their worries to her, she was everyone's rock." He smiles slightly stopping his eyes from watering.

"I wish I knew them. I didnt see much of my parents. Im not even sure if they are alive." Chanyeols eyes watered, and he swallowed the lump in his throat.

Baek his lip pushing back the tears and without thinking wraps an arm around Chanyeol's waist. "I'd let you meet them but it's a little difficult." He admits quietly

"Why?" Chanyeol asked, wrapping his own arms around Baekhyun.

"We were on holiday once.. Just them me and Tae. But we were really far from the pack and..." He takes a deep breath not wanting to explain the whole thing. "Hunters.. Tae was too young to remember them.." He mutters, tears picking at his eyes which he tries his best to fight back.

"Im sorry. I didnt know." Chanyeol looked around, trying to find something to cheer him up. "Look, Baekhyun! That clouds in the shape of a heart!"

"Don't be, it's okay." He mutters before looking up and smiles noticing the cloud and unfolds his arms from Chanyeol to lay back down on the grass. "Cute~"

"What do I call you? Alpha? Or Baekhyun?" Chanyeol asked, bringing up another topic.

"Alpha around the pack but you can call me by my name when we're alone." Baekhyun grins and turns his head towards Chanyeol

"Ok. That seems easy enough." He looked around, sighing at the beauty of this place. "Its so nice here."

"I know, ever since I was young I swore to myself this would be the first place that I take my mate to when I find them." He mutters with a proud grin

"Really?" Chanyeol was flattered. "Thank you. Its so sweet that this was the first place you'll take your mate."

Baek chuckles shaking his head. "I also wanted this to be where I have my first kiss but there's no rush." He lets out a laugh as he continues looking up at the clouds

"Oh." Chanyeol gets up walking to the lake. "Do you think- Nevermind, I'll sound stupid."

Baek sits up looking at Chanyeol with curiosity evident in his gaze. "Do I think what?"

"Nothing. Its stupid." He mumbles as he goes back to his spot by Baekhyun.

"I don't care if it's stupid, tell me." He begs resting his head on Chanyeol's shoulder gently

"Could you teach me how to swim?" Chanyeol asked quietly, playing with his fingers.

"Your pack didn't teach you? I can but not here. I don't trust this lake but we have a swimming pool over where the pack is." He gives a smile before standing and offers a hand to Chanyeol.

"No, they didn't take the time." Chanyeol responded, taking Baekhyuns hand and getting up.

"Aish Zitao is such a useless alpha.." He sighs shaking his head. "What if his pack needed to swim to get away from somewhere? Would he just abandon you all?" He mutters keeping a hold of Chanyeol's hand as he begins walking back toward pack territory.

"No, not all of them. Just-" Chanyeol hesitated. He didnt want to make Baekhyun angry.

"Yeollie, the first rule in every pack should be nobody gets left behind. Rejected or not. And rejections shouldn't even be allowed." He sighs keeping himself calm.

"It should be. But it isn't." He agreed quietly, walking with Baekhyun.

"I really don't like him.." Baek admits as he enters the pack territory.

"Its just the way he is." Chanyeol defended, though he didnt know why.

"It's not the way an alpha is meant to be." He sighs heading into his den and grabs some swimming trunks. "Do you need to borrow some?"

"For what?" Chanyeol asked, confused.

"Swimming lessons." He chuckles shaking his head. "You wanted me to teach you remember?"

"Oh! We're doing that now!" Chanyeol thought he would do it later. "Yeah, I guess I will." He added sheepishly.

Baekhyun chuckles and holds the swim shorts out to Chanyeol before searching for his other pair

"Thanks." Chanyeol muttered, taking the shorts. He was nervous. What if he drowned?

"I'll go to the bathroom to change tell me when you're ready." He smiles softly before walking into the bathroom with the shorts in his hand.

"Ok." Chanyeol mumbled, swapping his pants for the swim trunk. He thought he would keep his shirt on, at least for the walk to the pool.

Baekhyun knocks the bathroom from the inside forgetting to keep his shirt on. "Yeollie? You ready?"

"Ready!" Chanyeol answered, palms sweaty. He didnt know if he could do this.

Baekhyun walks back in with a couple towels and his shirt over his arm as he begins looking for a bag to put them in

Chanyeols eyes widened when he saw Baekhyun shirtless. He turned around, hiding his blush.

Baekhyun chuckles at Chan's reaction before turning to him. "Chan? There's no need to be embarrassed we'll both be shirtless in the pool." Baek smiles cheekily before putting the towels in the bag and slips his shirt on.

"W-well- I mean- let's just go." Chanyeol mumbled, embarrassed. He stood outside of the den, waiting for Baekhyun, and a pup walked up to him.

Baekhyun chuckles leaning down to the pups height. "Hey Eunhee!" He grins nudging her shoulder gently

Chanyeol just stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

Baekhyun lifts the pup and she waves kindly at Chan before turning to Baek. "Alpha Byun! Who's he?" She asks curiously pointing to Chan and a proud grin hits his lips. "He's joining our pack soon. Wanna introduce yourself?"

"Hi. I'm Chanyeol." He said, shyness starting to fade. "Whats your name?"

"I'm Eunhee!" She grins holding out a hand toward him. "I'm the coolest pup!" She chuckles and Baek raises an eyebrow. "Aigoo you're confident today."

Chanyeol smiled, shaking her hand. "Im sure you are. Its nice to meet you, Eunhee." He glanced at Baekhyun. "Is she not normally like this?"

"She's usually shy." Baekhyun grins ruffling her hair playfully before turning to her. "How much candy have you had?"

Chanyeol just watched, wondering what it would be like to have kids with Baekhyun. He knew he was jumping too far ahead, but he didnt care.

Eunhee grins sheepishly. "Three lollies and a can of cola!" She giggles and Baek places her down. "Go burn some energy kiddo."

"That's alot of candy!" Chanyeol said as she ran off. "Even for me!"

"Her sweet tooth is almost as bad as mine." He grins shaking his head slightly. "The pool isn't far." He grins and begins walking toward the pool which was empty quite often

"Almost? How bad is yours?" Chanyeols teasing smile fell a bit as they headed to the pool. "You know, you dont have to teach me today. You can always teach me somewhere in the very very distant future!" He said, trying to get out of the lesson.

"You don't even know." He grins arriving at the pool. "You scared? Trust me I'll be right next to you." He grins and walks into the changing rooms to get a locker and pulls his shirt off casually.

Chanyeol stands there nervously. "You dont know what could happen! You could get a cramp! I could drown! Im starting to like life right now, I dont want to end it."

"Yeollie, you're gonna be fine, trust me! Plus we have a lifeguard in there 24/7. I swear on my alpha title you're gonna be safe and you have no clue how much I love being an alpha." He chuckles placing a hand over his heart. "Trust me?"

Chanyeol nervously looked at the pool. "It's not that I dont trust you.... its just I dont trust that." He said, pointing to the pool.

"You're perfectly safe, okay? I won't let anything happen." He smiles softly before reaching for Chan's hand resssuringly. "We can stay in the shallow end if it makes you more comfortable?"

"Ok. But if a black hole randomly appears in that pool, I am running for the hills." He warned, reluctantly giving in. He put his hand in Baekhyuns trying not to glance at his now shirtless torso.

Baek giggles slightly shaking his head. "You won't be the only one." He laughs fiddling with Chanyeol's shirt shyly. "You can't go in the pool with this on."

"Why not?" Chanyeol asked, holding his shirt closer to his sides.

"Cause the stuff that keeps the pool clean will mess it up. Come on I can't be the only shirtless one, I promise nothing will happen!" He grins taking a step back shyly

"Fine." Chanyeol huffed, taking the shirt off and putting it with Baekhyuns bag. "Happy?" He asked, playing with his fingers nervously.

Baekhyun blushes slightly keeping his gaze off of Chanyeol's torso and nods. "Yeah I'm happy." He grins reaching for Chanyeol's hand as he walks toward the shallow end of the pool

If it weren't for their location, Chanyeol, probably would have relaxed with his mates hand in his. He let Baekhyun drag him, absolutely terrified, but wanting to learn at the same time.

Baek steps down onto the first step and looks up at Chanyeol comfortingly. "I promise you're safe, okay Yeollie?"

Chanyeol blinked at the new nickname, taking a step into the pool. "Its cold!" He exclaimed, turning around to get back out.

"You'll get used to it!" He chuckles moving an arm around Chan's waist to stop him from leaving. "Trust me?"

"I trust you." Chanyeol muttered, going to take another step. He shivered. "Why is this so cold?"

"It won't take long to get used to." He chuckles walking down the steps and sits down in the shallow end.

"How can you do that?" Chanyeol asked, taking another slow step in. "You know what? I think this was a perfect lesson! Lets get out of here!" He went to go back up the stairs again.

"Yeollie! Come on!" He giggles standing up to wrap his arms around Chanyeol's waist. "Just give it a try, come on!"

"But its cold! And I think I feel a black hole coming on..." Chanyeol struggled to get out of Baekhyuns grip, but he was too strong.

"Yeollie! Please! There's not gonna be a black hole come on!" He giggles and decides to just pick Chanyeol up instead. "For me?" He mutters giving his best puppy eyes

Chanyeol squealed a bit when his feet left the pool floor. He tried his best to ignore the puppy dog eyes, but he finally gave in. "Fine." He whined, going limp in Chanyeols arms.

Baekhyun grins going down the steps and stays in the shallow end as he puts Chanyeol's feet back on the ground but his arm remains around Chanyeol's waist

"You can let go now. Ill try not to run." To be honest, he didnt want him to let go. He wanted to stay just like that.

"I'll let go in a sec." Baekhyun mumbles resting his forehead on Chanyeol's collarbone due to how much taller he was.

"No hurry." Chanyeol mumbles back. Not only did he love this, but it was taking away from lesson time, which was perfect.

Baekhyun grins with a content smile before hesitating but pulls away. "Aigoo you're so comfy!" He grins before sitting down in the water.

"Youre welcome?" Chanyeol asked, sitting down beside Baekhyun. "Aish, its so cold!"

"You know what helps?" Baek tilts his head to the side as a mischievous grin sits on his lips.

"What?" Chanyeol asked, curiosity on his features. "What helps?"

Baek giggles playfully before splashing some water towards Chanyeol careful not to make it go past his shoulders

Chanyeol gasped as cold water hit him. "How does that help?" He asked, getting up.

"Okay, okay I'm sorry I was just playing!" He giggles wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's waist. "Yeollie~ don't be mad~"

"I'm not mad, just surprised." He said, sitting back down. "Are we gonna go back to the den now?" He asked, since they spent an hour trying to get him in the pool.

"But you haven't tried swimming yet. Let's just give it a shot and we can come back tomorrow yeah?" He chuckles dunking his own head under his water to get him used to the temperature.

Chanyeol jumped away when Baekhyuns head went under the water. "What are you doing?!" He huffed, crossing his arms. "Why don't just go home?" He froze when he realized what he said.

Baek raises his head with a small pout. "I always do it to get used to the water, you really don't like me do you?" He mutters eyes watering as he stands up guiltily looking down as he begins walking toward the steps.

Baek raises his head with a small pout. "I always do it to get used to the water, you really don't like me do you?" He mutters eyes watering as he stands up guiltily looking down as he begins walking toward the steps.

"No, I like you! I didn't know what you were doing!" Chanyeol yelled after him, wrapping his arms around him.

Baek sighs trying to stop himself but leans into Chanyeol's touch. "Yeollie I said you could trust me, I'm an alpha I'm supposed to keep the whole pack safe and you're a part of the pack now, and I can't look after the pack if I'm not safe so do you really think I'd try and put either of us at risk inside pack territory?" He mutters turning around and stands on his toes to wrap his arms around Chanyeol's neck.

"I do trust you! I don't think you'll do anything to me." He looked down a bit. "I guess I'm a bit, jumpy. No ones done this kind of stuff for me before, I'm still getting used to it."

Baekhyun gives him a small smile before shaking his head. "Do you wanna give it one shot, see how you handle it and then come back tomorrow?" He suggests letting his eyes study Chanyeol's lips, freezing slightly at the lips before pulling his gaze back to Chanyeol's eyes.

Chanyeol bit his lip, thinking for a minute, before responding. "Alright. One chance, and then we go home, right?" He didn't realize he said "home."

"You already see this place as home?" Baek grins widely before walking slightly deeper and holds onto both of Chanyeol's hands leading him over to the wall

"I guess so." Chanyeol stated sheepishly. He leaned against the wall. "So, what do we do?"

Baekhyun grins proudly shaking his head. "Well first, you need to figure out how to float." He explains placing his hands on the side and kicks his legs up slightly as if he was sitting. "Don't worry I'll hold you up." Baek chuckles with a small grin.

"Floating. Should be easy enough." He was semi talking to himself. He tried to do what Baekhyun did, his head almost going under the water.

Baek grins placing a hand under Chanyeol's torso to keep him up supportively before his other hand nudges Chanyeol's chin up. "Yeollie you need to breath."

Chanyeol released a breath he didn't know he was holding. He didn't want to try again, but he knew he had to.

Baekhyun grins slowly moving his hand away from his torso experimentally with a proud smile. "Try kicking your legs a little."

So Chanyeol did. But he panicked a bit when water got in his face, him sputtering and flailing.

Baek lifts him quickly not wanting him to panic and pats his back gently. "Okay Yeollie let's just start again tomorrow, it can get a little difficult once you start to panic." He smiles softly patting his shoulder. "You did really well. I'm proud." He grins gently

Chanyeol smiled lightly, a bit shaken up, but proud at himself, too. "Lets go home. Im tired." Chanyeol said, getting out of the pool, drying off and putting on his shirt.

Baek nods drying himself off quickly before placing his shirt on and runs the towek through his hair. "Are you okay? You need anything?"

"I am a bit hungry, if that's Ok." He said, shaking the water out of his hair.

Baek nods quickly. "What do you wanna eat?" He smiles softly putting his towel in the bag before reaching for Chan's hand, he knew he was doing it a lot but the small action was something he was very quickly becoming fond of.

Chanyeol smiled back, putting his hand in Baekhyuns. "Uh, I dont know. What can you make?"

"Pretty much anything, the chefs taught me cause they felt bad that my mom didn't get the chance to." He shrugs keeping his eyes on Chanyeol's. "What are you in the mood for?"

"Uh, sandwiches?" He asked for something small, easy. He didnt want to over fill.

"Simple enough. What you want on it?" Baekhyun grins slightly heading over to the canteen area

"Peanut butter and Jelly!" Its been a while since he had one of those. Just thinking about one made his mouth water.

Baekhyun nods and leads Chan to one of the tables. "I'll be back in a sec." He grins before heading over to the kitchen

Chanyeol sat there patiently, his stomach growling every five minutes. He put his head in his arms, falling asleep quickly.

Baek comes back with Chan's sandwich not long after he fell asleep and awwes slightly at the sight before sitting next to him. "Yeollie? Food.."

Chanyeol stirred a bit, but doesn't wake up. He mumbles something in his sleep, his normally soft features hardening. "Stop." He mumbles.

Baekhyun places a hand on his back worriedly. "Yeollie? Are you alright?" He questions letting his hand rest on Chanyeol's cheek to try and relax him

"Stop!" He shoved Baekhyuns hand off, getting louder. "I'll leave, just stop." He mumbled, still sleeping.

"Chan wake up!" He mutters just sitting next to him instead. "Did I ask you to leave?"

Chanyeol whimpers, one hand going for his stomach. "Stop." He whimpered quietly. "Please stop."

Baek frows reaching out to him again. "Yeollie? Are you okay?"

Chanyeol jolted awake, sitting up. "Baekhyun? What happened? You look scared. Whats wrong?"

"No no I'm fine are you alright? You look like you had a bad dream or something..." He mutters nudging his food toward him slightly

"I'm fine. Just a bad dream." Chanyeol looked at the food dumbly, not hungry any more.

"Do you need to talk about it?" He mutters placing a hand on Chanyeol's back gently

"Yeollie, we're mates it isn't gonna be a bother come on." He smiles kindly rubbing Chanyeol's back

"It was about my rejection." Chanyeol started slowly.

"How bad was it? Did he hurt you?" He questions, a protective look landing in his eyes as he softly rubs Chanyeol's back

"M-maybe." Chanyeol stuttered, looking down as he rubbed his stomach.

"Aish I swear if he ever enters our territory again he's dead..." Baek mumbles, an almost inaudible growl developing in his chest

"It wasn't just him. His beta, and-and someone else was there, too. I didnt know who he was, though." He took a breath, continuing. "When they were done, they dragged me from the office to the border of territory, making a big show about the packs first rejection."

"Well then I'll get either one that decides to come near my pack area. They're not welcome." He mutters wrapping his arms around Chanyeol quickly. "I'm sorry, Yeollie~"

"Its Ok. You didnt know." He said, wrapping his own arms arms around his mate. "Let's go, I'm tired."

"Okay." He chuckles deciding to lift Chanyeol as he stands. "But just to be clear I promise to keep you safe alright? Nobody in my pack is put in danger if I can help it."

"Ok. I trust you." He looked back at the table, pouting. "Sorry I didn't eat your sandwich, Hyunnie." He mumbled tiredly, rubbing his eyes.

"Don't worry about it." He grins, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink at the nickname as he walks.

Chanyeol stumbled around, sleep clouding his mind. "Why am I so tired?" He asked himself, following Baekhyun.

"Well swimming can take a lot of energy out of you." Baekhyun smiles softly wrapping an arm around Chanyeol's waist

"Well swimming can take a lot of energy out of you." Baekhyun smiles softly wrapping an arm around Chanyeol's waist.

"Oh. I dont wanna swim anymore. Its scary." He leaned on Baekhyun, dozing off. "But I trust you, Hyunnie."

"Yeol, come on what if something happens and we need to swim to escape?" He mutters rubbing his side softly before opening the door to his den.

"I'll just hang onto you." He mumbled sleepily, his eyes drooping. "You can swim us across."

"Yeollie just try, for me? We can take a break for tomorrow." He mutters closing the door and lays Chanyeol on his bed.

"Ok, I'll try." Chanyeol snuggled into the blankets, starting to snore softly. He didnt care that he was still in the swim trunks.

Baek chuckles laying down with Chanyeol slowly snaking an arm around his waist. "Thank you."

Chanyeol turned around, wrapping an arm around Baekhyun. "Can we go back to the lake tomorrow?"

"Anything you wish." He grins brushing one of his hands across Chanyeol's cheek admiringly.

"Yay!" Chanyeol mumbled sleepily, before falling asleep, snoring lightly.

Baek chuckles as Chan falls asleep and lets his eyes study his face admiringly. "Aigoo... He's so beautiful.."

Chanyeol heard the door creak open and a little giggle, before heard the sound of running feet and body landed on top of him and Baekhyun. His eyes shot open, to see Eunhee on top of them.

Baek giggles poking Eunhee's cheek. "Excuse me madame aren't you meant to knock before entering someone else's den?" He grins at Eunhee playfully.

Chanyeol chuckled, sitting up a bit as she answered. "Maybe." She replied teasingly. Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun. "Is she ticklish?" He whisper-yelled to him.

Baek nods quickly but Eunhee squeals no trying to protect her ribs

Chanyeol quickly grabbed her, holding her down so Baekhyun could tickle her, a smile on his face and a plan in his mind.

Baek grins quickly placing his hands on her sides to tickle her and she erupts in a fit of giggles

During her struggles, Chanyeol brushes against what he thinks might be Baekhyuns ticklish spots, monitoring a reaction.

Baekhyun yelps immediately taking his hands off of Eunhee. "Yeollie! We're meant to be tickling Eunhee not the alpha!"

Chanyeol grinned. "I didnt know the alpha was ticklish." He said mischievously. He exchanged a glance with Eunhee, nodding before they tackled him, tickling him.

"N-no!" He begs with a bright smile and uncontrollable laughter. "Yah you're so mean!"

"You were fine to do this to poor Eunhee. Dont dish it out if you cant take it." Chanyeol said, teasing, as he and Eunhee tickled him.

"I-it was your idea!" He whines trying to struggle against them and Eunhee speaks up. "Chanyeol! I like you already when are you joining our pack?"

Chanyeol stops his attack on Baekhyun, looking at him for help. "I- uh- I dunno."

"Either tonight or tomorrow morning." Baek mutters trying to catch his breath and Eunhee giggles jumping to wrap her arms around Chanyeol's shoulders

"How, exactly does that work?" Chanyeol asked. He was never allowed to see one.

"The elders have to make a special flame, they hold your wrist over it ask a few questions. It doesn't burn but when you pull it back you'll get one of these." Baek shows his arm revealing a sort of scar tattoo type of thing in the shape of a sun

"Do they do that on everyone?" Chanyeol asked, looking at Eunhees arm. "What kind of questions?"

"Yeah, but it doesn't burn so it's harmless and it's just to be sure of your loyalty and such." He chuckles shaking his head. "Don't worry."

"Ok." Eunhees mother called, making her run out of the room. "So, what do we do?"

"What do you mean?" He chuckles standing up to go over to his wardrobe so he can change out of the swimming trunks

"What are we doing today?" Chanyeol asked, sitting Indian-style. "Please dont say swimming." Chanyeol rushed out, realizing he was in Baekhyuns swim trunks.

"No I said we'd have a break today but we'll need to get back to it tomorrow." He mutters grabbing some clothes to change into

"Ok. So, what will we do today?" Chan asked, bouncing a bit.

"Yay!" Chanyeol ran over to his bag, grabbing his clothes and changing quickly. When he was done, he sat on the bed, waiting for Baekhyun.

Baek grins coming back out of the bathroom. "We'll need to get breakfast first."

"Oh, right. Im not that hungry." Chanyeol said, getting up. He stumbled a bit, tripping over his own two feet.

"Woah are you alright?" Baek rushes to try and catch him quickly. "I'll get a picnic together so you can eat when you do get hungry."

"Im fine. I just tripped." Chanyeol smiled, nodding. "Ok, Hyunnie!" He grabs Baekhyuns hand, heading for the door. "Let's go!"

Baek grins opening the door for Chanyeol using his free hand. "Such a cutie!"

Chanyeol blushed a bit, mumbling, "Im not cute." He looked down, hiding his blush.

"You so are!" Baek giggles walking over to the canteen area with him. "Even the elders think so!"

"Yeah?" Chanyeol pouted cutely. "Im not supposed to be. I'm supposed to be manly." He waved at Eunhee, who waved back excitedly, trying to get out of her seat, her mom fighting her. Chanyeol smiled apologeticly to her, walking with Baekhyun.

"You're manly but cute too." He grins and goes to the cafeteria to pick up the already out together picnic and begins heading toward the lake again.

"How was that-?" Chanyeol looked at the picnic basket, confused. "How did- how was it ready when we got here? I thought you had to make it." Chanyeol asked, following Baekhyun.

"Pack link remember? I asked the kitchen staff to put it together for me." He grins sheepishly and gives Chanyeol's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Oh, right! Will i get one? When I join the pack?" Chanyeol hated being out of the loop here, he was always missing something.

"Yeah, it takes a couple days to kick in cause it gets louder as you spend more time with the pack but it doesn't get louder than the normal speaking voice." He grins looking up at Chanyeol as he steps out of pack territory.

"Oh. Thats weird." Having people talking in your head? That seemed strange to Chanyeol.

"You get used to it." Baekhyun grins proudly squeezing Chanyeol's hand. "Don't worry it isn't that constant."

"Oh. Why? Cant you block it out? Isn't there a way to just contact one person?"

"Yeah but if something happens and they can't move like if they're injured, they'll need to use the pack link to tell me." He explains with a light shrug as the lake comes into view

Chanyeol nodded. "Seems reasonable. I wonder why the moon pack didnt-" Chanyeol remembered. They did. He just didnt get it.

"The moon pack are weak, Chanyeol they don't focus on their pack's well being." He mutters taking a seat near the lake and gazes over at the lake.

Chanyeol stayed quiet, thinking about who was actually weak. He sat next to Baekhyun, biting his cheek.

"If I ever offend you talking about your old pack just tell me. I just really don't like them." He sighs playing with the rocks slightly

"Hmm? Oh, no, you weren't offending me. I was just thinking about something." Chanyeol said, looking at his feet.

"What was it?" Baek questions leaning his head against Chanyeol's shoudler.

"Oh, no-nothing important." He hated his stutter. Everyone knew he was lying, or nervous, or scared.

"Yeollie are you sure?" He mumbles looking up at him sweetly. "You can tell me yanno?"

Chanyeol bit his lip. He didnt want to make Baekhyun angry, but he couldnt lie to him. "Its just- I think I was the only one in the pack without a pack link. And, you keep saying they're weak, when really, I'm - I'm the weak one."

"Chanyeol trust me Zitao's a bad alpha and he's made the pack weak, and with training you'll fix yourself right up in no time. I promise." He smiles softly, resisting the urge to press his lips on his cheek.

"But it's true!" Chanyeol stated, standing up. "I can't swim, I can't fight, I can't even-" Chanyeol stopped himself, closing his eyes.

Baek frowns sitting infront of Chan to cup his cheeks comfortingly. Yeollie, listen. Our training methods adapt to everyone. We'll fix you up it doesn't matter how long it takes alright?" He mutters resisting the temptation to land his gaze on Chanyeol's lips given the situation.

"You dont understand." Chanyeol pushed his hands away, scooting back. "I cant even change. I cant even change into my other side, and that's supposed to be something that comes naturally, something youre supposed to do as a pup!" He hugged his knees, breathing heavy, trying not to cry. "I can learn how to fight, but that's nothing without my wolf."

"What isn't there to understand? Sure you're struggling right now but Yeollie we can help. You realise we have someone in the pack right now, Leo, he only learned how to gain contact with his wolf last year and he is older than us both put together." He mutters wrapping his arms around Chanyeol. "If nothing else trust me on this."

Chanyeol slumped into Baekhyun, giving in. "I trust you, I do, but I dont think I can be what you want me to be. I don't think I have it in me."

"Yeollie, I want nothing more of you than for you to be yourself and be happy doing it. You don't need to be the best fighter, heck you could have been human and I'd still not ask for anything more. You're perfect the way you are alright?" He mumbles quietly, his lips relatively close to his ear but not enough to make him uncomfortable.

Chanyeol didnt answer, because he didnt have a response. He didnt do anything. He just sat there, listening to Baekhyuns heartbeat, until, finally, he spoke. "I don't know, I'll get back to you." He slowly brought his arms around Baekhyun.

Baekhyun nods and without thinking he lightly pecks Chanyeol's cheek. "Don't upset yourself over it okay?"

Chanyeol froze when he felt Baekhyuns lips on his cheek. He slowly processed what he said, before chuckling. "No promises." He nuzzled his head further into Baekhyuns chest, trying to block out the rest of the world.

"Yeollie come on it isn't something to be sad over. Talk to me if its ever bothering you alright?" He mutters gently the back of Chanyeol's head.

"Ok. I will." Chanyeol didnt want this to end. He wanted nothing more than to stay here, forever, and not have to worry about expectations.

"Thank you." He grins gently playing with Chanyeol's hair. "You hungry yet?"

"N-no." Chanyeol lied, cursing his tongue.

"You sure?" He chuckles picking up Chanyeol's stutter as he reached into the bag before pulling out a strawberry holding it to Chanyeol's lips. "You haven't eaten yet."

"I- I'm s-sure." Chanyeol kept his lips shut, making sure he didnt stutter again, or eat the strawberry.

"Yeollie come on you've gotta eat something." He pouts nudging the strawberry to his lips.

"H- honest, Im not h- hungry." Chanyeol stutters again, scooting away from Baekhyun and the food. He used to go for days not eating, whether it was because of the pack, or from nights on no mans land.

"Channie come on please?" He pouts giving his best puppy dog eyes. "Do you have an eating disorder?" He questions becoming worried for his mates health.

"N-no! I- i dont think so. I just, didnt eat alot before." He wasn't gonna look. Not while the puppy dog eyes were out. So, he looked at the floor.

"If you didn't before its important to start eating now." He mumbles with a small pout. "Okay I'll give you a choice. Either eat something or kiss me." He grins cheekily, either choice he made was at a win either way.

"Yeah, I- what?" Chanyeols head snapped up, looking at his mate. "Eat something or kiss you? Thats what you said, right? Thats what he said." Chanyeol thought about it. Eat something, or kiss his mate... the decision seemed easy enough. "Kiss you." He said with confidence. No stutter.

Baek grins almost proudly and shuffles closer to Chanyeol. "Okay fine." He giggles still wanting Chanyeol to eat but how could he pass up this opportunity?

Chanyeol was nervous now. He hadn't done this before. What if he messed up? He scooted a bit closer to Baekhyun. "I- i dont know what to do, so..." He trailed off.

Baekhyun grins placing a hand on the side of Chanyeol's neck. "Just follow my lead.." He mutters brushing his lips against Chanyeol's.

Chanyeol froze, but did as he was told. He softly planted his lips onto Baekhyuns, a bit hesitant.

Baek moves his lips against Chanyeol's gently, keeping his movement slow and sweet as his other hand sits on Chanyeol's cheek.

Chanyeol started moving his lips, hesitant to see if he was doing something wrong.

Baekhyun grins tilting his head ever so slightly as he keeps moving his lips against Chanyeol's happily

As Chanyeol gets the hang of this, he smiles into the kiss. All too soon, he runs out of air, and has to pull away.

Baek lets out a small whine as he chases after Chanyeol's lips but pulls back with a bright giddy grin.

Chanyeol looks at him expectantly, hoping he did it right. He tries to calm his beating heart, air not able to come in fast enough. He'd take that over food any day.

Baek grins meeting Chanyeol's gaze speechless. He'd say that was the best kiss of his life because it was honestly amazing but he felt that was the wrong phrase considering it was his first kiss.

Chanyeol looked down, playing with his fingers nervously. "That bad?" He asked quietly.

"No! It was amazing!" He grins wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's waist. "Sorry- I was at a loss for words." He admits gently kissing his mate's cheek.

Chanyeol smiled, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun. "I thought it was amazing, too." Amazing didnt even begin to cover it. Chanyeol didnt think any words could.

"Now, will you please eat? I'm worried about your health." He asks softly before offering Chan the strawberry.

"Fine. Ill eat one." He held up a finger to emphasize his point, taking the strawberry and eating it. It was delicious, and there was no way it would fill him, but Chanyeol knew he could make it fill him.

"Yeollie~ one isn't gonna be enough! What if I coat it in chocolate?" He mutters with a grin. "Will you eat more if I kiss you again?"

Chanyeol looked away. "Ones fine! Im fine! I can do all the stuff I could do before, and I cant do all the stuff I couldn't! See? Fine." He ignored the kiss comment.

"Yeollie.." He sighs looking down guiltily worried that he was being pushy and irritating. "Sorry. I was just worried..."

"Its fine. Sorry for snapping at you." Chanyeol looked around, realizing, "Hey. Looks like you had your first kiss right where you wanted it." He said, his stomach growling five seconds later. He scowled at it.

"Yeollie you need to eat.." He pouts but sits still this time not wanting him to feel forced.

"I-Im not- oh, who am I kidding?" Chanyeol hated that he was taking this food, the food that belonged to the pack, which he technically wasn't a part of. "W-Wh-What did you bring?" He asked, playing with his fingers.

Baekhyun opens the picnic basket to show Chanyeol the contents. There were sandwiches, crisps, biscuits, a mixture of fruits and some sweets

Chanyeol reached in and grabbed a sandwich, unwrapping it and taking a bite. It was weird having this much food.

"Thank you." He smiles softly before grabbing a banana from the assortment of fruit

Chanyeol nodded, having finished the sandwich. He got up, walking around. "Hey! I found a salamander!" He yelled excitedly, carrying it over.

Baekhyun grins lookimg at the small creature in Chanyeol's hand. "Omo cute!" He grins clapping slightly

"Can I keep it?" Chanyeol asked, probably sounding like a pup.

"There's nowhere for it to live." He pouts slightly drooping his shoulders. "I kinds want to though..."

"Aww! Couldnt we buy something somewhere?" Chanyeol asked, looking it over.

"We'll see but if not we'll have to bring it out here and see if its still here." He grins softly before standing up

"Ok." Chanyeol got up. "I HAVE to put it back? Now?"

"No we'll bring it to the pack, check if we have anything to keep him in but if not I'll bring him back and we can just hope he's a lot." Baek gives a grin before unpeeling the banana as he moves his eyes away from Chan

"Ok!" Chanyeol smiles. He pets the salamander, before thinking. "I dont think Ive seen you in wolf form. Can you show me?" He asked, bouncing back to Baekhyun.

Baek grins and nods slightly putting down the banana before taking a pace or two back. He closes his eyes before his body shifts into his pure white wolf form which was quite large in size compared to his short human form.

"Wow! You look awesome!" Chanyeol set the salamander, down, knowing he could find another one, before running over to Baekhyun. He looked him all over, awe written on his features.

Baek's tail wags slightly as he looks down at Baek, his blue eyes holding a sort of happiness as he turns to his side showing a strange black pattern in his fur.

Chanyeol gasped, reaching out a hand to touch it. "What is that? Its cool!"

Baek shrugs slightly as he leans into Chanyeol's touch, if he could grin right now he definitely would be

"You're huge!" Chanyeol said, standing under him. "I dont even have to squat down!" Chanyeol laid down under Baekhyun, looking up at him. "This is cool!"

Baek's tail wags again as he playfully Chanyeol's cheek, a small yelp of agreement escaping his lips

Chanyeol squeaked when Baekhyuns tongue attached itself to his cheek, as he tried to push him off. "Stop!" He said, giggling.

Baek grins hopping off of Chan and lands in a playful position with his tongue jutted out of his mouth

Chanyeol rolls over, smiling. He stood up, waiting to see what Baekhyun did next.

Baek paces toward Chanyeol, nudging his shoulder using his snout playfully, his tail still wagging excitedly.

"What?" He laughed. "I dont understand." He shook his head, smile falling a bit.

Baek lays down resting his snout on Chanyeol's shoulder, his tail still wagging more gently now.

"I wish I had the pack link... What do you want me to do?" He asked, smile coming back.

Baek Chanyeol's cheek again gently. He didn't really want anything specific, instead he rests his jaw on Chanyeol. Nuzzling him slightly but his head snaps up with a small bark. He then begins bounding around in circles trying to catch a hold of his tail excitedly, a habit he still hadn't grown out of

Chanyeol laughs at Baekhyun chasing his tail. "Youre like a pup!" He exclaimed, watching him.

Baekhyun freezes, one ear dropped while the other stands. His head tilted to the side curiously

Chanyeol laughed. "You look funny!" He plopped down on the ground, sitting Indian-style

Baek lays down near Chanyeol letting his head rest on his mate's lap comfortably.

Baek lays down near Chanyeol letting his head rest on his mate's lap comfortably.

Chanyeol started petting Baekhyun, scratching him behind the ears.

Baekhyuns Tail wags quickly as he leans into Chanyeol's touch, his tongue hanging out of his jaw.

"Just like a pup." Chanyeol laughed, scratching his chin. "Who's a good boy?" He asked, teasing a bit.

Baek chuckles nudging at Chanyeol's chest lightly before switching back to his human form. "Am I really that much like a pup?" He grins shaking his head slightly

"Yeah! Change back." He wanted to play with Baekhyuns wolf more.

Baekhyun grins tapping his lips cheekily. "On one condition."

"Whats that?" Chanyeol asked, curious. "Whats the condition?"

Baek grins poking his lips again with a cheek grin as he leans toward Chanyeol's face.

Chanyeol smiled. "Oh, you wanna kiss?" He looked away. "I dont know if I wanna see the wolf that badly..." he said, teasing. "I lost my salamander." He said, making like he was about to get up.

"Yeollieee~ please?" He grins wrapping his arms around Chanyeol's waist poutily

"Fine." He gave in, smiling. He planted a quick kiss on Baekhyuns lips, before running away.

Baek grins chasing after Chanyeol quickly. "Yeollie! Where are you going?"

Chanyeol just laughed, running around the clearing.

Baek grins switching into his wolf form as he sits up expectantly with a playful bark.

Chanyeol freezes at the bark, turning around. He smiled, running back to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun's tail wags happily as he nudges his nose against Chanyeol's shoulder happily

Chanyeol looked up at him. "I cant get over your size! You're taller than me!" He jumped, trying to reach the top of Baekhyuns head.

Baek lowers his head slightly for Chanyeol, aish this guy was so cute! He couldn't help but let his Tail wag faster

Chanyeol stopped hopping when he heard his tail, peeking around him to look. "Are you excited about something?" He asked, smiling.

Baekhyun shakes his head slightly before nuzzling his snout into Chanyeol's neck cutely

"Stop! That tickles!" Chanyeol slapped a hand over his mouth as he realized what he said.

Baek glances at Chanyeol mischievously before repeating the action

"Stop!" Chanyeol, giggled, pushing Baekhyuns snot away and backing up a bit.

Baek nods and sits up straight obediently, his tail still wagging sheepishly.

"Its weird, Im ordering the Alpha around. Roles should be reversed."

Baekhyun lays down as he keeps his gaze on Chanyeol and snakes toward him happily

"What are you doing, pup?" Chanyeol asked, squatting down.

Baekhyun barks slightly, playfully and places a paw on Chanyeol's knee

"You wanna... Shake?" Chanyeol asked, grabbing his paw.

If Baekhyun could let out a laugh he would have but he instead sits up nuzzling into his neck again

"Woah!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he was knocked off balance, landing on his backside. He laughed a bit before saying, "Alright. You can change back now."

Baek quickly switches out to his human form again and offers Chanyeol his hand. "Sorry~ I wasn't planning on knocking you over"

"Its Ok. I should have seen it coming with a pup. Lets go home. I wanna hang out in the den." He said, grabbing the picnic basket- which weighed more that him- and head for the den slowly.

Baek grins lifting Chanyeol again with ease and begins walking. "Because you would kiss a pup?" He retorts playfully.

"Not the way you want." He teased. "Pups only kisses on the cheek."

"Yeollie~ you're so mean!" He grins playfully shaking his head as he looks forward walking back toward the pack area.

"You asked, I answered. Sorry it wasn't the answer you wanted."

"But still, you kissed me and then called me a pup so does that make you a pup too or does it make me an adult?" He grins sheepishly before stepping into pack territory.

Chanyeol thought about it. "I dont know, because I kissed you before I found out you were a pup, so I dont think that counts."

"Yah I wouldn't be alpha if I was a pup~" He whines heading toward his den, the pout still sitting on his lips

Chanyeol leaned up and planted a small kiss on his lips, hoping to satisfy him. "There, happy?"

Baekhyun grins with a quick nod. "Aigoo I really have ended up with the best mate." He giggles to himself as he walks into his den and closes the door behind him.

Chanyeol shakes his head. "No, you didnt, I did." Chanyeol kicked his feet a bit. "Put me down. I wanna look around."

Baekhyun nods placing Chanyeol on his feet and plops himself onto the bed. "There isn't a whole lot." He admits looking over at an old photo of him, his parents and Tae just before they left to go on the holiday that the incident happened.

"But its so cool! How do these work in the winter? Do they get cold? What about lights? There aren't any in here." Chanyeol practically played 20 questions.

Baek chuckles slightly with a grin. "Well they have a weird hearing system, I don't know how it works but its really cool and for when it's dark I keep fairy lights in my wardrobe... I should probably put them up soon so I don't need to later." He chuckels shaking his head. "Some dens have lights built in but I let the ones with fears of the dark have them." He admits with a light shrug

"Oh, that's cool." He was walking backwards, and he tripped onto the bed. "Sorry. "

Baekhyun chuckles slightly shaking his head. "Don't apologize you're fine." He shrugs and lays down, resting the back of his head on the pillow comfortably.