Their First Fight and a Mystery Couple

Between our Couple Shoes, is a pair of Baby Sneakers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please make sure to Read the End Note. It's important.

____________________________________________________________________

“What are you doing here?” Namjoon asked Yoongi as he gave the books in his hands as once over.

 

“Thanks for having me over, Hyung. I really needed a break from all that work anyway.” Yoongi, obviously, ignored the boy and entered through the threshold, turning to his friend with a smile. “And don't worry, it's totally cool to meet up at your place.”

 

“Umm… I asked you something…?” Namjoon wondered out loud as he watched the two friends wander into the living area.

 

“Thank God!” The elder exclaimed. “I was afraid we wouldn't be able to to hangout that often now that Miho is in the picture.” Seokjin, like his friend, ignored Namjoon and pointed at Yoongi's hand. “What's with those book though?”

 

As if only then realizing it, Yoongi looked at his hands and jerked up to explain. “Ah right! I never got to buying a gift for her. So I decided to go ahead and get Miho some storybooks.”

 

“Because she's totally gonna read them, huh?” Namjoon snorted from the side.

 

This time Yoongi did turn to him and, as if speaking to an imbecile, drawled tiredly. “Did you not know that it really helps in developing the baby’s mind if you read them books? That it's good for them to hear different sounds and how different words sound like? It also helps them calm down. Or are you really that disinterested in your own niece’s upbringing?”

 

“Buuuuuurn~~~” declared a voice from the threshold of the living room and the corridor. Yoongi turned to eye the new addition in the room and standing there, in all his bare-chested glory, was Jimin. Miho cuddled into his arms with a milk bottle in .

 

Namjoon rolled his eyes and muttered a silent profanity as he settled himself into the couch, turning the TV on. “You’re my friend. Be on my side.” He bit out angrily. Jimin snickered at that and Namjoon added “and please put on a shirt. You look like a erted e.”

 

Yoongi, involuntarily (because “Namjoon is a and I shouldn’t be laughing at his joke no matter how funny it is.”) sniggered. Jimin scowled at the pale man and marched towards Seokjin, shoving the girl in his arms before turning to scowl at Yoongi.

 

But, alas! The fairy of love and good tidings made Jimin slip on a bib on the floor and land right into Yoongi’s arms. Well, he landed in his hands. His chest did.

 

Actually, long story short, Jimin managed to stable himself before actually falling into the elder. The only casualty being Jimin’s s brushing against Yoongi’s smooth fingers. And Yoongi gulping down at the sensation.

 

***

“So, Jimin?” Yoongi echoed standing beside Seokjin. They were in the kitchen and Miho, for once, was sleeping in Jimin’s bedroom.

 

“Is a genius!” Seokjin completed. Adding more sesame oil to the broth.

 

Yoongi scrunched his nose but chose not to speak upon the man’s cooking skills. Instead, he peered into the living area where Namjoon was watching a movie and Jimin was texting with his friend over the phone.

 

“He lives here, you said.”

 

Seokjin turned around and nodded inching for the pepper bottle in the racks above Yoongi’s head. “Yeah. He is Namjoon’s roommate, but he’s gonna move out next week or something.” With the huff the elder turned towards Yoongi and winced involuntarily. “Honestly, I rather he didn’t for a while. Miho is so much better with him around.” He added the pepper and stirred the broth a little. He took a ladle full and blew on it before gesturing Yoongi to have a taste, and continued, “She’d been crying all day the past two days until Jimin came.”

 

“Add a little pepper paste, Hyung.” Yoongi instructed after having a sip, adding salt to the broth without asking the elder. “And seriously how amazing can he be?”

 

“Thanks” Seokjin smiled adding another spoonful of the red paste. He then placed the lid on the pot and turned to Yoongi with a grimace. “Trust me, Yoongi, he's amazing. I didn’t even know I had to burp her! And Jimin is just so good with her! She barely cries with him!”

 

“He doesn’t wear a shirt, Hyung.” The younger man deadpanned. “Don't you fingers, God dammit!” Reaching for the man's hand before he had the chance to put it in his mouth.

 

“He’s a little wild! Sue him for having a good body and wanting to flaunt it!” Seokjin rolled his eyes but didn't stop him when Yoongi took a kitchen roll and wiped the elder's fingers with it. Muttering about hygiene and bacteria.

 

Yoongi snorted and just turned away. Eyeing the boy texting in the living he bit his lips before looking away. “Still, it’s a little weird to let Miho sleep with him.”

 

The elder smiled at the concern in Yoongi’s voice and patted his shoulders goodnaturedly. “She doesn’t sleep with him. Just in his room.” When Yoongi turned to him with a questioning eye, Seokjin rolled his eyes in explanation. “You honestly think I’d allow my niece to share bed space with another man until she’s fifty and married with a grandchild on the way?”

 

“Where does she sleep then?” Yoongi wondered out loud. Moving around the elder’s body to switch off the stove when the broth seemed to be done. He took the wiping towel off the rack and start dusting the flour on Seokjin's apron as he pulled away.

 

“Namjoon wouldn’t let her sleep in my room alone so she sleeps in Jimin’s room and Namjoon and Jimin share.” The elder fixed the younger’s hair, as Yoongi dusted his apron clean, then turned to the living area, smiling at Namjoon. “He likes to show he doesn’t care but he cares a lot, you know.”

 

“No way…” Yoongi watched the elder staring at Namjoon and with a scrunched, disgusted face, yelled. “No way! Hyung!” Flabbergasted he yelled at the elder, “He’s ugly!”

 

Seokjin then turned to younger boy and scowled, “if Namjoon is ugly, Jimin is a e.” His tone serious as a heart attack.

 

The younger spluttered, “wh- where does Jimin come in all th- this?”

 

The elder rolled his eyes huffed and tauntingly. “Please! I could smell the pheromones you were oozing when Jimin fell on you, okay?” Shoving a finger into his chest, Seokjin sniggered. “You have a crush Min Yoongi.”

 

Yoongi hastened to slam the cleaning towel in the elder’s mouth. “Do you have to scream that!?” He hissed, eyeing the living area with a sigh of relief when neither Namjoon nor Jimin seemed to have heard Seokjin babbling. “His s were ing perky, okay? Kill me for being a normal human being and falling in love.”

 

Seokjin waited for Yoongi to let him go and sighed as the hold on his was released. He spit out the remnants of the tissue from his mouth and smirked cheekily. “Hmph! You ert!”

 

“Whatever!” The pale man ruffled his hair angrily and glared at the taller one. They stayed like that for a while. Neither speaking to fill the silence. And after a few minutes of calm, Yoongi looked at the elder and winced as he asked, “you’ll help me get him, right?”

 

Seokjin winked at the smaller man and shot him finger guns as he voiced his agreement. “Only if you give Namjoon a chance.”

 

With a roll of his eyes, Yoongi muttered, “whatever.”

 

***

“Yoongi Hyung, you’re a lawyer?” Jimin asked, slurping the noodles with a chopstick. They were sitting in the living area, eating Seokjin’s famou japchae and Kimchi budichigae.

 

Yoongi spluttered on the soup and nodded his head urgently, reaching for a glass of water. “Ye- yeah. Yes.”

 

“I see.” Jimin smiled at him and Seokjin could literally see Yoongi’s heartbeat rate shoot. He chuckled openly.

 

“Yes.” Yoongi then glared at the elder and turned to Jimin once again. “What about you?”

 

The youngest snickered widely at the attention being directed towards him and exclaimed happily. “Oh! I’m a medical student. Majoring in paediatrics. Graduating this year with distinction.”

 

“Ah~ That’s why you’re so good with Miho.” Yoongi smirked, leaning forward on the coffee table they were using as a dinner table. “That’s pretty cool, by the way.”

 

A sunshine smile graced the younger boy’s features. “Thankyou, Hyung!” He shoved a piece of meat loaf into his mouth and continued. “But that’s not the reason I’m so good with kids. My bestfriend is majoring in children care and child psychology, I get it from him.” He then turned to Seokjin and grinned at the elder, declaring with an astounded expression, “Jin Hyung this meatloaf is Heaven!”

 

Seokjin chuckled and ruffled the boy’s hair as he explained, “I didn’t make it Jimin, Yoongi did.” Jimin turned excitedly towards the elder and Seokjin let his gaze wander towards Namjoon. He nudged him and when the man turned, asked with a raised eye, “why don’t you try it?”

 

Namjoon snorted and shoved the plate of meat away loudly declaring, “are you sure he didn’t poison my piece?”

 

Seokjin frowned and Yoongi stopped chatting with Jimin at that point. The later boy turned to his friend and asked with apparent irritation, “Joonie Hyung, can stop you being a ?” When Namjoon sent a glare towards him, Jimin huffed and crossed his arms across his chest adamantly. “Yoongi Hyung was nice enough to cook us dinner and you’re being rude.”

 

In a violent bout of anger, Namjoon pushed himself up from where he sat. He plucked his plate off the table and bit out to the three, glaring at Yoongi in particular. “I’m sorry for being rude. I’ll finish my dinner in my room, then.” And with that he walked away, leaving the three in an awkward silence.

 

“I better get going too.” Yoongi quietly whispered after a while and before either Seokjin or Jimin could stop him, he was out of the door.

 

The disappointment on Seokjin’s face was evident and Jimin placed an assuring hand on the elder’s shoulder. “I’ll talk to him, Hyung.” Jimin, said as he got to his feet. Making his way towards Namjoon’s room. “He won’t do that again, I promise.”

 

***

 

“Care to tell me why you were being a just now?” Jimin called from the threshold of Namjoon’s bedroom, leaning his side against it.

 

Namjoon looked up from his plate and huffed placing it on the bedside table next to him. He let himself fall into mattress, huffing when the comforter jumped upon contact. “I just don’t like him.”

 

“Why?” Jimin asked as he moved in, closing the door behind his back. Walking up to the elder and lying down on his side beside him, using his hand as a pillow. “He seemed pretty nice to me.”

 

Namjoon scrunched his nose at the younger boy. Looking away from the ceiling, he looked at Jimin and sighed. “He hates me too, that’s why.”

 

“Why would you say that, Hyung?” Jimin asked in a whisper. His voice calm and collected.

 

The elder shrugged, turning to his side to stare Jimin. He brought his hand up to card his fingers through the younger boy’s hair. “Because he thinks I hate Miho.”

 

The shorter boy hummed pleasantly as the elder’s finger worked to untangle his locks. Eyes closing off their own accord. His voice sending a calming sensation into Namjoon’s veins. “You do, though, don’t you?” He asked, never opening his eyes.

 

Namjoon waited for an accusing tone to take over the younger’s words. Waited for the disgusted to color his young friend’s face. But, it didn’t happen. Instead, when Jimin opened his eyes to look into his eyes, Namjoon saw nothing but understanding reflected in them.

 

“I get it.” He said, smiling ruefully. “I think I would too, if I were you.”

 

A sob stuck in his throat made it’s way out with his words, as Namjoon nodded. “I- I can’t help it.”

 

Jimin smiled and brought his hands into the elder’s hair. Rubbing the man’s scalp, he leaned a little to kiss Namjoon’s forehead as he whispered, “I know that. But you’re trying, and you should be proud of that. I’m proud of you, Hyung.”

 

Pride filled his heart at the younger’s words, so, when Jimin opened his arms invitingly, the elder didn’t hesitate from placing his head into the boy’s embrace. “Thankyou” Namjoon managed to say as Jimin continued to rub calming circles into his back. They lay like that. In a sweet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter