Three- Hyunwoo x Hoseok

Drabbles With Monsta X

three

best friends!au


Hoseok wasn't someone who believed in love at first sight. He knew that a person's heart mattered more than their looks. Maybe that was why his eyes were immediately drawn towards the young lady as she helped an old woman with her heavy shopping bags. He had just been taking a stroll around the neighbourhood when he had laid his eyes on one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen.

Imagine his surprise when, the next day, he saw her walking by him in his school. The mere sight of her had made him freeze, eyes wide and mouth hanging open as he had stared at the spot where she had just been. So much so that his best friend had actually thought that he was feeling sick.

 

How could he? Hoseok had wondered as, a few days later, Hyunwoo had come to him, a smile so bright that it would rival the sun, introducing him to the girl he was dating. The same girl that Hoseok had fallen for. And now she was his best friend's girlfriend.

He couldn't bring himself to think that he had been betrayed by his friend. Because in reality, Hoseok hadn't uttered a single word about his crush to Hyunwoo.

It was hard, though, so hard to see the two of them together. He couldn't help but think that it should have been him instead of Hyunwoo. Which is why he decided that he would rather stay away from the couple than spend any more time with either of them.

It was a bad decision, he knew; one of the worst he had ever made. His heart had hurt whenever he imagined her with his friend, but it hurt more when he imagined a life without his best friend. There was no Hyunwoo to talk to about random topics, no Hyunwoo to laugh at the corniest of his jokes, and worst of all, no Hyunwoo to give him a gentle pat on the back when he was feeling sad. And he was very sad. He needed that pat. He needed to be with his best friend again.

 

It was all his fault, and he was going to fix it. He was going to apologise. He walked into the cafeteria at lunchtime, smiling slightly when he saw Hyunwoo sitting at their usual table. The girl was nowhere to be seen, however.

"Hey Romeo, where is she?" Hoseok asked as he sat down in front of Hyunwoo, lunch tray in hand.

"It was all just a prank," Hyunwoo said, shoulders hunched.

"Huh?" Hoseok muttered oh-so-intelligently.

"She was dared to ask me out by her friends. She already has a boyfriend." Hyunwoo looked up at his friend, expression sad and slightly pitiful.

"She what?! That little-" Hoseok began to stand up, only to be stopped by Hyunwoo as the latter gripped his wrist tightly, not letting go until he sat back down.

"What are you thinking?" Hyunwoo hissed, leaning forward. "Let it go, she's just a girl."

"The gender does not matter when it comes to you, okay?" Hoseok glowered back.

With his other hand, Hyunwoo patted Hoseok on the shoulder, a faint smile beginning to form on his face. "Look, just let it go. Besides, it's obvious that I wasn't too serious about her, either, or I wouldn't be here right now, talking to you so calmly."

Hoseok faltered; blinked a few times, then slumped ahead. "I guess you're right. I'm still sorry, though, that it happened."

 

"Say, Hoseok? Um, thank you," Hyunwoo said a few minutes later, and Hoseok smiled at his awkward best friend.

"Anytime, my dear."

"Please lay off the terms of endearment," Hyunwoo grumbled, covering his face, and Hoseok could only snicker.


Word count: 622

Yikes, the amount of ideas I'm getting for these drabbles is scaring me. While I have literally NONE for my pending stories. God help me.