Six- Jooheon x OC

Drabbles With Monsta X

six

sleepover!au


Kim Jihye considered herself as the luckiest girl in the world. Not only did she know six wonderful boys who were some of her closest friends, but she had the good fortune of dating the most charming guy she had ever met. Well, she was also extremely rich, but she never believed in buying someone's friendship. A lot of people wanted to befriend her, but after all these years, she had gained the ability to understand whose feelings were sincere, and who wanted only her wealth and popularity. That was one of the things she loved about her parents: they had taught her to be grounded, never spoiling her beyond reason.

The best thing about having a big house was that she could invite her friends over for sleepovers whenever her parents were out for their usual business trips. Her father trusted her as well as the boys to behave while they were gone, so there was no problem in inviting them over at any time.

Speaking of sleepovers, she had just finished adjusting the mattresses all around the TV in the spacious living room, when the doorbell rang, signalling the arrival of her first guests. Jihye straightened her back for a few seconds, before rushing over to open the door, smiling widely at Kihyun and Minhyuk as they walked in, punctual as always.

"I think there's going to be a storm tonight," Kihyun commented, and she rolled her eyes.

"Perfect. All the more reason for them to be late."

 

It took almost an hour after the decided time for the rest to arrive, the laziest Hyungwon being the last as usual. The boys had graciously taken it upon themselves to buy snacks and dinner, like they always did. Two big bowls of popcorn were ready for the group as they all positioned themselves comfortably in front of the television, most of them sitting down on the mattresses as Jihye squeezed herself between Hyunwoo and her boyfriend Jooheon. They had always found it better to keep a limited amount of furniture during their sleepovers, since some of them tended to thrash around in their sleep, and Jihye didn't want anyone smacking their limbs against any excess chairs or tables.

Kihyun had been right. Just a few minutes before Hyungwon, Hoseok and Changkyun had arrived, it had started raining quite heavily. While watching the suspense thriller, they could still hear the sounds of thunder, even if they had bolted all the windows shut. Her scaredy cat of a boyfriend had proceeded to bury himself deeper by her side, clutching her arm so tightly that she feared the loss of blood supply to her hand. Occasionally, she could hear Jooheon muttering complaints about their awful choice of the movie's genre, and she couldn't help but giggle every once in a while.

One particular clap of thunder was so loud, that it practically made him jump a foot high in the air as he cried out, before nuzzling his nose into the crook of her neck, not caring about the others' attention on the two of them. Jihye looked at all of them one by one as they paused the movie, sighing as she patted Jooheon on his shoulder.

"Oh, you big baby," she said with a soft chuckle as she his back, "it's okay, we're all here with you."

"Aren't you scared?" Changkyun asked her, blinking as she shook her head with a smile.

"Someone has to be the brave one, right?" She joked, winking at them, and they all laughed before trying to comfort the terrified boy.

She didn't have the words to express just how much she loved each and every one of them. Jihye knew she was the luckiest girl in the world.


Word count: 625

I kind of pity Jooheon that he's shown to be so scared of everything, but I couldn't resist writing this one. He's a fluff ball and I love him.