Phone Call

Love Is Not Over

Baekhyun makes a duck face as he looks at the bracelet around his wrist. It's been 2 years since Baekhyun had saw Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. 2 years. Do they still remember him? Are they married? Baekhyun thought Kris was suppose to update him on his two best friends... but he hasn't heard from Kris in 6 months. There was suppose to be an update at least once a month, if not more.

 

You'd probably question why Kris is the middle man instead of just exchanging phone numbers between the trio… but baekhyun doesn't want that.

 

Baekhyun now lives in a decent house (that looks like it could be in a magazine just because Baekhyun and Jongdae are fashion freaks), and they live in the suburbs of China… specifically in Qingdao.

 

Because it's been two years of them living in China, Baekhyun became fluent in Mandarin (while Jongdae was already fluent because of his friends.. and he took classes).


 

Baekhyun and Jongdae started to work together at a company. Same job. Same shift. Together. What job was it exactly? Nah nothing special of course. They were just the guards of the CEO. Although they were guards, they were given a decent amount of pay, and if they did something to protect Mr Chairman, they were given a bonus. Now how did they get the job? Easy. A man named Huang ZiTao. He was a nineteen year old boy who just happened to be one of Baekhyun’s friends, and happened to be the CEO’s son. It took some convincing for the CEO to accept the two Koreans for the job, but once he did, he found them pretty useful. They didn't play around as much as he thought they would, which was a surprise to the two Koreans themselves.

 

Because of their job, they've been saving up a lot of money. Jongdae and Baekhyun had been planning to move into a larger house and buy better clothing after graduating the first term of college.

 

When they say better and larger, it's more like upgrading their lifestyle. Bigger house, better furniture, and designer clothing. But it's not like they became billionaires. No, they were only going to buy a couple of designers. Everything else was for the house, food, two cars, and tickets for whenever they want to go to Korea.



 

And another question that might stir in your head is: why did they move to China?

 

Keyword: Reset



 

Does it ring a bell? They wanted to start a new life. Away from Korea, away from the people they once knew with only a few exceptions such as family, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Kris. Everyone else? Gone. Their life in Korea? Gone. Baekhyun had surrounded himself by Kyungsoo and Chanyeol his whole life and realized he didn't even know what it was like to be alone. He didn't know how to be independent. Same for Jongdae. And again, another thing that wants to be forgotten: Jongdae’s time in the hospital. And together the duo agreed to leave to China.

 

But maybe those two did get into some trouble… I mean what do you get when you put two sassy, loud, mischievous, (and not to mention, they do get …) types of people together? You get trouble. But this is only kept between them two. No one knows. They only go out once in awhile, and when they do, it's like they're a different person. Because everyone knows that both of them are bubbly and small and innocent. But when they're out at night, it's almost the complete opposite, and when they can't find the thing they want the most, they work together to get what they want.

 

Now… their lives weren't supposed to take a turn like this. But then again, they both agreed that they wanted to reset, so here they are, being a badass criminal (or also known as the Night Crawlers because Jongdae wanted a name for the times they're out) while also being people who are just a regular citizen in town.

 

But again, the Night Crawlers are only out once in awhile when they want something.







 

 

 

 

 

 







 

And right now, they wanted something.

They were getting ready to go out. Black skinny jeans, a nice fitted shirt and some accessories…

 

Baekhyun puts on some eyeliner and puts his hair up while Jongdae puts the perms in his hair and puts on some contacts.


 

“Don't forget our IDs Chen.” Chen nods as he walks to the dresser and grabs both of their wallets.

 

“Should we bring the glocks?” Buo Xian asks.

“Yeah. Just in case someone comes looking for us and we can't outrun. Only one clip in the guns. Make every shot count. It isn't our style anyway.” Chen smiles. Buo Xian smirks, “Alright captain.”

 

 

 

 

When the night crawlers are out. If their appearance changes, their personality and identity changes.


 

When they walk out the house, it's only dawn. Chen sighs. “Where to?” Baekhyun only smiles and starts to walk in a direction. They start walking towards downtown.

 

By the time they get to downtown, the sun is already down. It took about an hour walk, but it didn't matter to them. Suddenly Chen sighs loudly. Buo Xian looks at Chen and sighs himself. They knew what was holding them up. They both look at each other and agree to make a certain stop before continuing to their destination.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 





 

“Mmmmm! Soooo good!” Chen exclaims. “I know right! I'm so glad we stopped here,” Buo Xian replied as he takes a slurp of his Jjampong.

They ended up going to a small Korean restaurant so they could eat some Jjampong. It just so happened to be one of their favorite places to eat when they're out at night and they didn't eat anything before they left.

After they finished eating, they politely thanked the owner for making food (despite their trouble appearance) and pay for their bill.

 

“Well that was refreshing,” Buo Xian says satisfied. “Yep,” Chen agreed.


 

“Aight. Back to where we should be… I think we'll make it on time,” Chen says as he starts to walk into the direction of their destination.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 







 

They hear the revving of the cars and the cheers and the clinks of alcohol bottles. When they arrive to the front, they walk right in-leaving a few eyes on them.

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

“BUO XIAN AND CHEN ARE HERE!” The flag girl yells. A man turns around and smirks and starts to walk towards the duo. As he walks to Chen and Buo Xian, two other guys walk beside him.

 

Another guy who hears the commotion is sitting on the hood of the car surrounded by girls. He sits in the middle of the crowd but gets into view of Chen and Buo Xian as well as his three friends.




 

“Buo Xian. Chen. Welcome back,” the center one says.

 

The shorter one to the left takes one step and tilts his head, “What brings you two here?” He smirks afterwards.

 

“Simply bored. I wanna race,” Buo Xian says. “Maybe a little rendezvous at the casino after,” Chen smirks back.

 

The blonde on the right smirks. “Of course. Time with my hyungs is always a wish granted.”

 

They look at each other with fire in their eyes. The stares that the five were giving were intense as the crowd died down a bit. Suddenly the DJ intensifies the music and gradually turns up the volume. The crowd breaks into a loud burst and starts to move again but still have eyes on the five standing in the center. The man sitting on the car narrows his eyes on his three friends and the duo.

The blonde’s smirk fell and he took a step forward. He was a little taller than the duo. His hands land on his short friend’s shoulder and he whispers into his ear. When they pull away, the blonde puts his hands behind his back and grabs something behind his back. The blonde’s smirk doesn't return. He slowly lifts his hand from behind his back. Chen closely watches the blonde. Slowly, the blonde finally starts to smirk with a mischievous look in his eyes. Chen glances to the man in the middle who watches them with a killer look, and glances to the shorter man who smirks while biting his lower lip.

 

The blonde puts keys in front of Buo Xian’s face. The blonde and shorty break into gummy smiles. “Come here hyung,” the shorter one says as he pulls the duo into hugs. The other two pull them into a hug as well.

 

When they receive their hugs, Buo Xian retrieves the keys from the blonde. He looks to the guy in the center. “Hoseok, where's Namjoon?” Buo Xian asks. Hoseok points behind him as the crowd reveals a man sitting on top of the car hood. “Aight thanks man,” Buo Xian says as he pats Hoseok’s shoulder.

 

Buo Xian leaves the four and walks up to Namjoon.

 

 

 

 


 

Chen looks at Jimin, “Yo, you did not grow since the last time I saw you. Even V grew taller than us,” he laughed. Jimin pouted and looked at the blonde.

“Well hyung! It's not my fault! You're just as short as me!”

Chen playfully frowns at the younger. He looks at the blonde boy and laughs. “And damn boy, you grew taller than Hoseok here too!” He exclaims. The blonde gives a gummy smile and turns to Jimin to tease. Chen shakes his head and looks at Hoseok. “So where's the rest?” Hoseok turns around and starts to walk towards Namjoon as Chen follows.

 

“Well… International playboy number one is inside doing homework because Jin told him to.. and you know Yoongi, he's always DJing his music before he lets our hired DJ to take over. And lastly, Jin is currently racing. Too bad they missed your grand entrance,” Hoseok smiled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




 

Chen and Buo Xian’s first destination for the night was the BIGHIT house. The house was owned by 4 members of the EXORDIUM. The other three in the house were the younger members who just turned adults a few years ago. Basically the 7 members who lived in the BIGHIT house became a well known group of members who call themselves BTS. They run street races, own casinos and raid other people’s casinos. BTS turns out to be one of the unbeatable gangs of Korea. They just happen to be living in China. Although they're a gang, people don't assume they are at first sight. Too nice, too caring—like a group of friends who grew up together because their parents knew each other and they always went to each other’s houses to play. Well that's not the case for this group of people. Yes. They grew up together, but in a harsh environment. The four older were raised in EXORDIUM which is a gang organization. Let’s just say they were trained very hard to be able to do their job. The three youngest, Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung were recruited because they were always with the four older, helping them on missions. The younger members were orphans. When they were 14-15 years old, when they were taken into EXORDIUM. They were all put into an experimental group to see how much work could get done. When one of EXORDIUM’s leaders found how successful they were, they were able to leave and pursue their own lives with few missions of EXORDIUM. Because they grew up in a harsh environment, and lived together for about 10 years, it's no wonder why they're so close and bubbly to each other sometimes. For the younger three, the older members were basically their parents. They were the only family they had.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


 

After a few races and hanging out, the six were about to leave, leaving Suga, Jin and Jungkook to watch the house.

 

“Aye, c’mon guys. 2 cars. Jimin, V, separate. Me and Namjoon are driving our cars. Chen? Buo Xian? Pick your ride,” Hoseok smiled as he leaned over his Black Nissan GTR. Chen ended up going with hoseok as Buo Xian went into Namjoon’s car.

 

 

The casino they were going to gamble and then raid was half an hour away. About half way, in Hoseok’s car, a ringing of a phone can be heard. “Hyung, is that yours?” Jimin asked Chen. Chen frowns as he takes out his phone. What a strange time to call him. It’s currently 3 am in the morning, why would he call at this time?

 

Chen lowers the music in the car and picks up the call.

“Aye, where’ve you been-”

“Jongdae! He’s back. He’s been trying to look for you and Baekhyun. I don’t understand though. He knows both of you. You two have some explaining to do. He’s going to China next month for you two. I’m gonna call Baekhyun and tell him this myself. Don’t talk about this until next month. Keep this quiet. I don’t know why he’s looking for you two but he was mad. I have to go. It’s late. Stay safe.” The phone beeps when the call ends and Chen lifts the phone from his ear.