Chapter 1

Just another story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana was usually a clumsy person. She can practically trip over nothing. But, not this time. Someone had intentionally drawn out one leg causing her to fall. She could hear light giggles from behind her but she didn't look back and stood up taking a seat near a girl whose face was hidden behind a book she was reading.

There was only five people inside the small hallway meaning only five of the ten people that had applied for the job made through to the next round.

Infront of their seat was a room with a name plate reading Chou Tzuyu. Sana awkwardly looked around the area bowing a little to greet the three girls who still seems to be mocking her. She looked to the girl who was beside her and greeted her with a simple hello. The girl didn't reply but she could make out a gesture like a nod from behind the book. She sighed. Atleast she wasn't mocking her like the others. Maybe the girl was just shy.

The hallway was filled with the three girls voices. Sana kept quiet unintentionally listening to the girls who were chattering.

"It's just a waiter's job. Why can't the manager choose one. Why does the owner have to interview us?"

"It's to intimidate us. This restaurant is one of the most well-known restaurants in Korea you know? Of course they would choose people with the best qualities"

"Then I'm the best for this job"

Sana internally scoffed but she would be lying if she said she didn't feel nervous. She needed this job. She needed a place to live. She can't keep living in her best friends place forever. Her inner thoughts were interrupted by the chattering girls.

"You have to be strong for a job like this. And I'm pretty sure the first one to get refused for this job is that falling girl"

Sana clenched her jaw preventing herself from shouting and throwing her resume at the girls or anything that could cause violence. She breathed in trying to calm her anger.

"No! I think the one who will get refused is the one whose hiding behind the book"

Sana once again looked at the girl beside her. The girl didn't seem to be bothered by the girls comments and Sana wondered if the girl was just ignoring them or if she was too engrossed in the book she was reading. The chattering girls took it to another level when one of them stood up and came infront of the reading girl. She took out the book from her hands.

"Hmm! What do we know she's beautiful. Do you think you can get the job just by being beautiful?"

Sana looked at the girl who looked surprisingly calm as she watched the other girl not even saying a word.

"Are you trying to seduce the owner?" The girl said obviously trying to get a reaction from the girl.

But Sana had enough. She was mad. They can't just keep on saying those things to a girl they didn't even know. She stood up looking at the other girl.

"Stop it. You can't just judge people just by looking at them" Sana said loudly and sternly. It was the first time the shy girl looked at her. Her expression wasn't one of surprise which Sana had expected but it was as if the girl was studying her.

"What do you know huh? Girl's like these are s. They would do anything to get what they want"

Sana's anger had reached it's highest peak. She didn't care about getting the job anymore. She was going to slap some sense into the girl. Her right hand was already raised but her hand was stopped in mid air by another hand softly but firmly holding to her wrist. Sana didn't even notice when the other girl had stood up. Sana looked at the girl questioningly. Why isn't she defending herself. Is she just going to let those mean girls say those things to her? Sana's thoughts were interrupted when she heard the girl's voice. For the first time.

"I think I have seen enough"

Sana didn't know what happened next as the girl made a call and then another person who she recognized as the manager walked in, heels clicking against the wooden floor as she moved with grace and elegance. Her dark brown hair which was flowing freely last time was tied making her look more formal. The manager stopped just beside the girl.

"Mina tell these girls to kindly leave" The girl said gesturing towards the mean trio who looked just as confused as Sana. "And show this girl around. She's hired"

The girl left leaving Sana more confused.

"Congratulations Ms. Minatozaki" The manager said to Sana with a bright smile plastered on her face. The other three girls suddenly flooded the manager with questions.

"WHAT?"

"Why did she get the job?"

"The owner was supposed to interview us wasn't she? Where is she? How can this girl be chosen just like that"

Mina looked at them with a frown on her face.

"The owner just said that Ms.Minatozaki is hired so it means she is hired" The manager answered with a stern voice.

"Wait! Did you mean that young looking girl is the owner?" Sana finally asked.

"Yeah! Tzuyu- I mean Ms.Chou is the owner" The manager said and added. "And she looks young because she is young"

--------------------------------------------------------

Mina, the manager had given her a tour around the large restaurant explaining her work. She also had managed to befriend Mina. It was bound to happen as both of them were from the same country which immediately made a connection between the two.

"I still can't believe those girls badmouthed Tzuyu. I mean she may look cold and expressionless at times. But she's a warm and kind person if you get to know her" Mina had said.

Although Mina talked about Tzuyu's kindness Sana couldn't help but feel nervous. After all, Tzuyu was her boss. And her clumsiness was also to be noted. She was somehow sure that her clumsiness would drag her down.

First day of work she had bumped into Tzuyu causing the red wine to spi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter