A little closer

Bodyguard

Apart from the sisters from his orphanage and JiSok, she was the next to show concern for him. Not even her own father who hired him showed any. His thoughts were clouded by her when he got back to his apartment. DaeYong couldnt bother to on the lights. He stayed in the dark, seating the the entrance of the door. With the money he had saved up, he bought a house under his name and shifted out from the home where he spent most of his teenage life at. His hair was still dripping wet.

"I say, get into the unbrella with me! How can anyone be so stupid to bring only one back? And even more an i*diot not wanting to share! Do i have a disease or something?" MyungJoo pulled him roughly towards her. Their skin touched. Letting out a sigh at her persistant, he took over the unbrealla from her and sheltered them back.

----------

"MyungJoo! What happened to your boyfriend? You changed?" ChaeRin asked her when she saw her walked towards the school gate with another person, not the usual. The girls have decided to name the bodyguard boyfriend as he looks like one, acts like one too. Not in terms of behaviour but the way he send and picks her to/from school.

"How many times must i repeat. Bodyguard! I kiss a boyfriend, i do not kiss a bodyguard! He's ill. So, thats a substitute til he's feeling better." MungJoo explained. When it was not him who appear at her house, she was dissappointed. Asking out, she got to know he'd caught a bad cold. 'Must be from yesterday. Is he alright?'

"Oh, come on.. We all know its more k*inky to kiss a bodyguard than a boyfriend." ChaeRin t*eased and ran off with MyungJoo chasing behind.

Is was just different, not him walking by her. She knows it, that he walks a step behind her. Not too far, not too close. That was their relationship. Turnign her head back, the substitude was at least 5 steps behind and she wondered if he's fast enough to save her if anything happen. She couldnt help but rolled her eyes. 'How can just a rain bring a healthy man down in one night? Should i pay him a visit?' No one knows or are willing to disclose any inforation about her bodyguard. 'Do i look dumb?' Going through his personal folder, given by her father, she called the orphanage that was listed in it and easily got his address.

"Mom, I'm going next door to grandma's place. I think she's lonely. Be back by dinner!",MyungJoo shouted and left the house when she heard her mom acknowledge her destination. No, she lied. She is only allowed to be unprotected if she's at her grams.

----------

DaeYong had fallen asleep at the entrance of his door. He didnt know until he woke up feeling cold. Changing out of his damp uniform, he ceep under his blacket but continued to shiver. His alarm rang but he was too weak. Texting his hiring agency, he went back to bed until he was woken up by the pestering door bell. Looking at the clock that reads 3pm, he viewed through the pinhole.

"Why are you here? How did you know my address? Why are you alone? Does anyone know?" He was immediately awake when he saw her face behind the door that separates them.

"Hi. Didnt know you can actually speak more than 3 full sentences. You are sick, im here because i am worried, i think. No one knows where except the sisters. I told them i had to pass you your assignments for school, And yes, i came alone. Its easy to find. Lastly, no. I cant leave home without anyone remember? I sneaked out. No, not because of you. Not. Er.. are you not going to invite your guest in?" MyungJoo tried to reason out but no matter how she try to rephase, she definitely sounds like she's visiting him on her own accord.

"You cannot be here, much less alone. Wait here. I'll send you back." DaeYong reacted immediately at her confession. He made a wrong move. As he turned his back. MyungJoo followed him into his aprtment, uninvited.

Seaching for the switch, the lights shoned onto his eyes. MyungJoo didnt like the darkness but his place was clean and spacious for two or more. She was impressed he kept it clean and tidy as a lone stayer but wondered how did he afford it. 'Guess father has been paying him well enough.' His constant cough brought her senses out. As if her own place, she went up to him who was leaning against his bedroom door frame and placed her palm on his forehead.

"You are still burning. How can you still think you can send me home? Get back to bed. Have you taken anything? Med or food?" She fussed about his health like no one ever did. She pushd him back to his bed and covered him up. At his current state, he had no strength to withstand her other than replying to her that he had not taken anything since last night. He dozed off again, leaving her to wander at his personal space.

----------

Seaching his refrigerator, there was enough ingredients to cook the basics. Rolling up her sleeves, MyungJoo washed the rice, bowl them to porridge, marinated the mince meat, chopped the spring onions and made a fruit juice in less than half an hours. 'Thanks grams and mom for the culinary genes!' He was deep asleep when she went back to see how he was feeling. 'How can one look so harmless now yet so distant when awake?'

Her hand on his forehead went down to his cheeks and her fingers lingered along his lips not knowing her face was inching nearer and nearer to his. 'What the hell are you doing Yoon MyungJoo! Have you resorted in m*olesting a sleeping man now?!' She was flushing head to toe at her own actions when DaeYong shifted slightly in his slumber. Going back to the kitchen, she took her own hanky and soaked it in a bowl of ice. 'This would make you feel better..' as she placed it on his head. 'I think i need one too. Why do i feel otherwise whenever i'm near him?' Letting him rest a little more, she woke him up for food and medication. 

The food and juice was surprisingly tasty. He was surprised that she cooked whats left in his fridge and came out with a unexpected drink. 'Wife material.' He glanced at her as she looked on. Time momentary stopped that instant. MyungJoo and DaeYong's face was leaving no gap between them. They eyes closed as their lips moulded into one another. His mind was in a daze, he could not control his moves. MyungJoo felt his hands caressing the side of her face, down her neck, as if coaxing her to relax. She returned her kisses shyly, enjoying her first ever. It brings butterflies in her tummy. 

She was gasping for air. Her heart beat was racing when he drew apart. His eyes showed so much emotions when she looked into them. She didnt want the kiss to end it. MyungJoo dived back into his lips, engaging him to go with the flow. DaeYong wasnt sure if his fever was coming back but he felt hot. Her being so close to him, her lips covered in his, he wanted more than he should. He was asking access into her m*outh, she gave it willingly. It was much more intense than the superficial kisses they had before. To feel his tongue swirling around hers, she couldnt stop but want more.