Way back

Bodyguard

"MyungJoo ah, this is Seo DaeYong. He will be your personal bodyguard from now on." They were being introduced by her 3-Star Military General father when she got into high school.

"Why do i need a boy following me round the clock? Im in a all girls' school apa!" MyungJoo protested ignoring the new addition. She did not like being monitered. She knows what her father was thinking.

"You should know better why. He'll not be in your school but he'll be there to walk you there and get you home, safe. He's enrolled in the school next to yours. If there's anything, you have to call him immediately. Is that understood Yoon MyungJoo? And stop. No more buts. Get back to your room." Her father's tone was stern. No one, not even her mother could persuade him otherwise. Taking a second look at DaeYong, MyungJoo bowed slightly towards him and stumped her feet up the flight of stairs to her room.

"Like i've said before. You job is to keep her safe. Although she has a temper, my daughter is still the precious jem of the family. You'll get to know her more to understand what i mean. School starts tomorrow for you too, right? Get some rest, see you in the morning DaeYong ah. And, thank you." Not a man with words, he nodded and left the premises that was tightly secured.

His parents died when he's 7. Since that, he had been staying at a orphanage. Kids there looks forward to be adopted but he did not. He didnt like to communcate unnecessary, giving no emotions and reaction. Since elmentary, his studies barely passed the mark but his sports excelled. He met General Yoon when he was in Middle School. Back then, he's a Major General. He took a liking on his skills and sponsored his expenses since. He put him to marial arts classes where he always came out 1st in the competition; Karate, Combat, Judo, etc. At 9th grade (16yrs old), he was brought to b*rothels and had his first and subsequent many experience which he never once enjoyed, even if he felt all his pent up pressure dismissed when he released into those willing women. Yet not once was he curious why. He's born to be this way. Now, he finally understand why he was chosen.

Her name is Yoon MyungJoo. 3 years younger and a head shorter than him. Her oval-shaped face covered by her long wavy hair. She did not care what her father said but insisted to get to the bottom of the reason why he existed. She lost her fight but gave him her acknowledge defiantly. Her eyes were guarded and they intrigued him. For the first time, he's interested in the opposite species. 'Pretty.' The word appeared in his mind as he watched her dissapear from the stairway.

----------

In her first year of High School, he had never once uttered a single sentence. All she ever hear was 'Miss', 'Careful', 'Stop', 'Watchout', Stand back', and anything related to her safety. Standing at a decent height over her, his tann skin doesnt show the fact that he's older than her. She would have thought they are the same age but his tag stated he's a 12th grade (19 yrs old) when she's only at 10th (16 yrs old). Being in a all girls school has it pro and cons. Parents do not need to worry for thier daughters being tackled by boys. But what they didnt know, the curiousity girls have during this period was overwelming. She had tons of insight about women, men and their bahavious. Most seniors in her school are infact dating the boys from the mixed school beside them, which is the school her bodyguard is studying in.

MyungJoo was well-loved and known in school. Her status made her cool exterior even harder to be close with but her warmess breaks the ice instantly. She cared nothing about whether who her father is or whichever. When they got closer with her, her friends from different grades asked her who the hadnsome boy was. The boy who wears next door uniform, who waits for her patiently every day without fail. She told them the truth,"My bodyguard. Dont ask me why. I have been asking that alot myself too." Being the daughter of one of the most important man in the country aint easy. It was then she started to hear news from her seniors on her bodyguard.

"MyungJoo ah! Your bodyguard is not just anyone in that school! He's the untouchable! Non defeated in all categories of martial arts. And, he got no friends. His face, is it that expressionless when with you too? I heard many disliked him. Jealous of his capabilities in defence and pissed by his hostility. How in the world do you two communicate throughout all these time?" She absorbed the new details and gave back a smile as she shugged her shoulder.

----------

"Hey DaeYong xi. Have you heard about it? You name has been round the school recerntly. Or should i say the name of the girl you always go home with? Many been discussing about her. I mean, its common since she's the repesentative of beauty there. But linking her to you, they cant figure out the picture. So, dont be too bothered by what they say. You know us. Words about a woman can get pretty offensive." His name is JinSok, a seat infront of him and almost as low key as him but has all the latest news around the neighbourhood which he always shares it with him.

It was rare to see him having any emotion and JinSok's the first," What is it about her? I know you know." His tone was deadly, as if laced with poison.

"You need to chill. This is so unlike you. You like her, right? i knew it. The robotic man finally falls for his first woman yet beds many before." JiSok blurted out. He knows whats going on in DaeYong's life. The b*rothel he's been lead to, belongs to his family. His father told him a gist and the rest are history. Looking at DaeYong's widened eyes, he concluded this emotionless boy is one nutcase on love.

"Stay out of trouble, alright. We know she's very beautiful. Some a*ss made a joke out of it wondering if her w*omanhood is as pretty as her face, wanting to see her n*aked, bang her out of the holy-ness of being in a all girls school, guessing if you had had her, so on." He regretted when he saw DaeYong's eyes turned red and left his seat.

----------

Girls walked pass him, whispering so loudly that he could hear what they were saying. Always curious who is he, if he's a boyfriend because he's always waiting for one person. His target appeared at the gate, laughing with her friends. Her wind was blowing at her face, messing up her braided hair at the side. Its been one year with her and things has been calm as the clear sky above. She bid her goodbye when she noticed him. The usual walk back to her home were only the kids voices when they passed the playground or the traffice sound when they are near the streets. She had never made any conversation with him, he's glad. He wouldnt know how or what to reply. He peferred standing one step behind her, admiring her growing beauty. He has come to realise the interest he had in her, it was a spark of love.

 "Anything happened in school? You have obvious briuses." MyungJoo cant help but ask when she saw his bloodied white shirt.

"Its nothing. Lets go. Hurry." DaeYong replied in a monotone which ticked her more.

"Look at me! Nothing serious... i bet its blood from the other party huh. But still... follow me." MyungJoo was going against him. Her finges graced the corner of his lips where he had been punched. He frowned and backed away from her touch but followed her nonetheless.

She had them seat by the playground bench as she applied the medical oil she bought from the pharmacy. Her face was so close to his when she examined his injury. He held his breath when she looked at him with those innocent wide eyes. Shifting his sight else where, he informed her its time to head home but she decided not to until he tell her what had happen to him. 'She's one stubborn woman.' He continued to stay silent about it, both not making an inch to move even when thunders and lightnings were telling them its time to end the awkward war between the two. The rain poured heavily within minutes. Given no choice, DaeYong grabbed MyungJoo's wrist and ran for the nearest cover, the telephone booth that was only spacious for one.

They were both drenched. When he looked down, their distance was too close for comfort and worse of all, her white shirt that was sticking on her skin showed off the contours of her c*hest and her b*ra was evident. Taking a deep breath, He took off his coat and covered her. MyungJoo then noticed her vulnerable state and thanked him. Her face was tomato-red. Their eyes met, both looked elsewhere instantly. The rain was not stopping. It was getting heavier.

"Stay here. i will run back and get you a coat and a unbrella. Do not open this door to anyone, you get it?" DaeYong decided this because she was shivering from the cold. Getting her sick was the last thing on his mind. With that, he took off in speed and returned.