III

From me to us

Sohye tiptoed slowly so as to make sure he didn't wake up. 
Mingyu arms and legs were sprayed upon the bed, he was rather the ' I shall conquer the bed ' type than the ' my corner,my space' type like sohye.
It had taken her sometime to get used with his sleeping habits. Almost every other morning his foot was on her face and she could surely say that he didn't spray his cologne down there.
But she had made sure to get up extremely early so she could untangle herself from him, he rather slept soundly through all of that. She made sure the time he first saw her would be during breakfast.

Slightly she opened the door and let herself out. Ever since they had to share an apartment, she couldn't sleep properly. The warmth she felt from him didn't lull her to sleep but rather made her more keen to his movements. Still there was a part which wanted to see him sleep. To see his breathing even out. And this was physically tiring her out. While he slept nothing was out of the ordinary for her the changes were affecting her in a way she never thought they would.

Mingyu folded his arms under his head slowly, sighing softly. He had noticed it had become a routine for her lately at around 12:30 to go out and probably sleep on the couch. He wondered whether she knew that he was aware.
That she made sure not to wake him.
That with her suddenly gone he found himself lonely.
They hardly talked to each other. They were together if not at work at home. And yet he didn't know how to start a conversation. He was supposed to be the king of flirting but here he was lost for words when he stood in front of her. And he was surprised and a bit uncomfortable with not knowing what to do.
Who was this mingyu?
He closed his eyes and wondered why she had bothered her pretty self with this nuisance.

It was around 4 when he decided that it was useless trying to go back to sleep. He made the bed and went to the living room and saw his wife sleeping in the couch. Her small self hugging one of the pillow, her body slowly heaving due to her breathing. Her hair was beautifully cascading done as if they were a waterfall.
What the hell was he doing? What was he Shakespeare ? 
Tearing his eyes of her he checked his phone. 

From Wonwoo
Subject: .......
Party tonight at 8.
At Vernon's. bring a gift ( bday )
Bring the Mrs.

Sighing he once again looked at her sleeping.
Well he better plan what he was about say to her if he was to bring the Mrs.

Sohye woke up to the sound of world war 3.
In her kitchen. 
Hearing the obvious fall of her utensils. She scrambled to her kitchen to find her beloved husband in the middle of her kitchen and a rather unfitting goofy look in his face.
She raised her eyebrow in question.

And he took it as a cue for his explanation.

 " ah.. well I thought you know I thought I will make today's breakfast. For us. For a change.. it's just I guess I didn't know where the things were. Haha" he ended with a weak laugh.

"It's fine, you can go. I'll make it."
If it was any other day he would have probably excused himself out questioning himself why did he even bring it to this situation.
But today..
" how about I help you?" He asked. Hopefully

 

 

 

- [ ]