I

From me to us

They sat facing each other.
The 'she' fumbled with her fingers fixing her gaze on her lap
The 'he' was in the middle of a staring contest with the painting across the room.
And the fathers sighed.
Thirty minutes had passed in this silence, assuming they were not talking because of their presence the fathers exchanged a glance and slowly got up to exit.
" you two should talk, we are going out for a walk"
" ah yes, we will be back soon"

Silence ensued yet again.
Sohye opened to somehow break this awkward silence
" Aish..." He looked squarely at her face, filled with a condescending look a sadistic smile forming.
" i dont care about this sham of a marriage, and i dont give a damn about you and your reasons. Dont expect stupid things like love form me. So just go away when you have the chance. Or else dont complain that your life is getting to hard."

It would have been a lie if she had said she was completely devastated and surprised by his words.
But yes only a bit surprised not devastated.
She was expecting  this. And she was not afraid. Maybe when she was small she had hoped for a family filled with love. But now she didnt. And she couldnt let this fool of a man ruin her life, she had a goal to reach and this marriage was a way to achieve it.
" if you dont want to do anything with this, then you can run away. I wont be your excuse for your cowardice. I also dont care about you. I can assure it will be strictly whatever you name it."

He was completely surprised.