Movie Night

Moonsun Chronicles

It was Saturday night and Moonbyul had nothing to do. No work. No schedules. No practices. Nothing. It was her day off, but Moonbyul was feeling quite restless.  She had already caught up on lost sleep, cleaned up her apartment, went to the gym and played video games for several hours and it was only 6:30.  It’s way too early to go to sleep Moonbyul thought, just then her phone went off letting her know she received a text. 
    Yeba Yongddonnie-nim: I want to watch a movie tonight. Any recommendations?
Moonbyul almost jumped for joy after reading that text. Solar was her savior, surely she would save her from boredom. 
    Moonbyul:  Unnie please come over, I’m dying of boredom. I’ll order food and we can watch any movie you want.
    Yeba Yongddonnie-nim:  Free food? I’ll be there in 15 mins ♥  
Moonbyul hurriedly ordered food and tidied up her already clean apartment and eagerly awaited Solar’s arrival.  With impeccable timing, Solar arrives just as Moonbyul is paying for the take out.  Solar enters the apartment and begins to set the table.  Moonbyul serves their food and they eat as they discuss how they spent their time off.  After they finished eating and the table  was cleared Solar settled  on the couch and searched for a movie to watch. 
“Let’s watch a scary movie” Solar suggests.
Just as Moonbyul opens to protest, Solar flashes her an evil grin as she shoves her phone in Moonbyul’s face showing her the text message she had sent earlier in which she agreed to watch any movie of Solar’s choice. Neither of them were very good at watching scary movies, but Solar loved the adrenaline she felt while watching the  thrilling films even if she had to force Moonbyul to hold her hand the entire time. Moonbyul was equally as terrified as Solar while watching scary movies, but she watched them anyway because she liked holding Solar’s hand and the older girl would often cling to her and burry her face in her neck.   
Moonbyul sighs in defeat “Fine, but I’m getting drunk” maybe the movie won’ be as scary if I’m wasted
“No!” Solar exclaimed “I don’t like you when you’re drunk, you get even greasier than usual.” 
Moonbyul chuckles remembering the last time she got drunk with Solar. “Alright, relax I won’t drink too much. Want anything to drink?” Moonbyul questioned.
“Juice please” Solar responds as she’s setting up the movie.  
Moonbyul serves their drinks and places them on opposite sides of the coffee table. She sits down on one end of the couch in front of her drink. Solar switches off the lights and Moonbyul takes a sip of her drink already feeling her anxiety increase. Solar makes her way to the couch after tripping over most of the furniture in the room.  Seeing this the younger girl bursts into a fit of laughter and points at the clumsy girl “This is why I call you Yeba” Moonbyul manages to say through her laughing fit. Solar sticks her tongue out at Moonbyul and sits next to her on the couch.  The movie has been on for 20 mins and Solar has already shifted significantly closer to Moonbyul, their fingers intertwined with Moonbyul’s arm on top of Solar’s. Solar untangles herself from Moonbyul and gets up to move her juice next to Moonbyul’s drink so it’s in her reach.  As the movie begins to reach its Moonbyul reaches for her drink to calm her nerves.  When she takes a sip she realizes she accidentally grabbed Solar’s glass, she puts the glass back onto the coffee table and reaches for her glass, which is now empty.  Moonbyul picks up the empty glass and turns to Solar with wide eyes “Did you finish my drink?” 
Solar turns to face Moonbyul, eyes glossy and cheeks tinted pink “No” she responds innocently her voice filled with aegyo.  
“I’ll get you a glass of water” Moonbyul gets up from the couch only to be pulled back down by Solar.  
“Don’t leave me alone. I’m scared” slurs a drunken Solar.
“Then come with me.” Moonbyul walks into the kitchen with Solar trailing closely behind, holding onto the tail of her shirt.  After pouring the water into the glass she sets it down on the coffee table and they begin to watch the movie in a comfortable silence with Solar occasionally taking sips of water. After 15 mins Solar breaks the silence “Byul, I’m hot” the older girl whines. 
“Do you want me to turn on the…WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” Moonbyul shouts in surprise and nervousness now faced with a half- Solar struggling to take her pants off.
“I’m hot.” She replies innocently.
“I know” the now flustered and red faced Moonbyul responds, eyes wandering over the girls exposed body. Coming to her senses Moonbyul grabs Solar’s hands that are clumsily tugging at her jeans. “Put your clothes back on. I’ll turn on the AC.” She gets up from the couch to turn on the AC to return to a still shirtless Solar. “Where is your shirt?” the younger girl questions.
“I don’t remember.” Solar responds honestly.
Moonbyul glances around the room and Solar’s shirt is nowhere in sight.  “Let’s just watch the movie.
Only 5 minutes pass before Solar is whining again. “I’m cold.”
“I’ll turn off the AC” Moonbyul states.
“No!” Solar protests. “Hug me.” She demands
Moonbyul gives in and sits behind the smaller girl allowing her to lay her body against her chest as she wraps her arms around her enveloping the cold girl in a warm embrace. Moonbyul stares hard at the tv, but she can’t concentrate. I wonder if she can feel my heart beating out of my chest. Are my hands too sweaty? Is she warm enough, should I get up and turn off the AC? Moonbyul snaps out of her thoughts when she notices Solar is now straddling her lap and they are face to face. Moonbyul blinks a few times to make sure she’s not seeing things. Solar looks into her eyes, then glances at her lips and back to her eyes. Moonbyul opens to speak and Solar leans in closing the gap between the two. Moonbyul’s mind goes blank and before she realizes what is happening Solar has already pulled away. Moonbyul was at a loss for words mainly because of the kiss, but also because Solar has just fallen asleep on top of her. “What the hell” Moonbyul whispers to herself trying to figure out what just happened.