Roommates

Moonsun Chronicles

Solar Pov 

My internal alarm clock wakes me up at 5am, I guess I’m not used to having a break. I think I deserve a few more hours of sleep. I begin to roll over to the other side of the bed turning away from the unforgiving sunlight invading my bedroom, but before I can complete my roll I’m stopped by a body. WAIT WHAT!? What did I do last night? I’m pretty sure I never left my apartment and I didn't invite anyone over. I turn my attention back to the sleeping figure, there's long grayish-silver hair sprawled across my pillow. Why is there an old lady in my bed? The figure stirs in her sleep and turns to face me. My confusion and anxiety immediately disappear and my intense gaze soften. I see a peacefully sleeping Moonbyul, the sun from the window shining on her face illuminating her beauty. I her messy hair and she begins to stir, her eyes flutter open and meet mine. Oops I woke her up, sometimes I forget she’s such a light sleeper.  

“Good morning” she greets me in her low raspy voice. Cute.

“How did you get into my apartment” I questioned genuinely wanting to know how she ended up in my bed, being that I don't remember letting her in last night. 

“I used my key” she responded matter of factly. 

“Oh…wait WHAT!?” I half screamed in surprise  “Since when did you have a key to my apartment?”

“I made a copy months ago. I figured I’m over here enough and I got tired of waiting out in the hall for you to finish showering to open the door so I had my own copy made.” She calmly explained.

“So why did you come over in the middle of the night?”

“Do I really need a reason to? I had trouble sleeping again…I wanted to sleep next to you.”

I felt my face heating up hearing her confession. I could tell she was being sincere and not just greasy. I patted her head showing my affectionate her nose began to crinkle with her smile. “Why don’t you wash up first while I make breakfast. Do you need a change of clothes?” She shook her head and walked over to my closet pulling out her clothes. “Do you need a towel or a toothbrush I think I might have an extra.” 

“Don’t worry unnie, I already have mine in the bathroom.” Is she really over that much I begin to think to myself when my thought is interrupted by Byul’s voice “Unnie it would save a lot more time if we just showered together.” She winked with a smirk.

“GET OUT” I yelled as I threw my pillow at her face. She disappeared from my view, but I could hear her laughter from the bathroom. I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge, but there wasn’t much in there.  Byul hasn’t gone grocery shopping yet I thought to myself. “I guess we'll have cereal.” I announce to no one in particular. I got the bowls, the spoons and the milk. I grabbed my favorite cereal along with Byul’s and placed them on the table. Then I patiently waited for Byul. When she arrived at the table she sat down across from me and began to pour her cereal into her bowl. We ate in a comfortable silence. After we finished eating I sprawled onto the couch as Byul washed the dishes and cleared the table. I sit up in search of the remote and found it placed on top of Byul’s laptop. Why is her laptop in my apartment anyway? Just then she sits down next to me and I take this opportunity to question her. “Why is your laptop here?”

“You're just noticing that now? I left it here a few months ago and never bothered taking it back. I spend most of my time here anyway.” Then it finally clicked.

“Did you move in with me!? Is that why all your stuff is here?”

“Kinda” 

"How long have we been living together?”

“About 6 months”

“WHAT? How have I not noticed this? Are we married too?”

“Not yet” she responds with that stupid smirk and before I even realize she's stolen a kiss from my cheek and is already running away.

“MOON BYUL YI” I scream 

“Do you want me to leave?” She asks walking towards the door.

“Yes. Don't come back unless you have groceries.” She smiles and walks out the door. I guess I could get used to this.