(Kray) The Silver Chain

Cupid's Book

Pairing: Kray/Fanxing

Summary: Yixing hoped he never open the top drawer.

Genre: angst

...

Yixing was in his cleaning routine when he found the velvet box in the top drawer. Inside it, he found a very beautiful bracelet, a simple silver chain and link, looking fancy. Just the way he liked it.

Yixing couldn’t contain his smile. Two days from now was his birthday, his husband probably bought the bracelet for his present. Yixing wanted nothing but to put the bracelet around his wrist, but he would ruin Yifan’s surprise if he did so. He restrained himself, instead he squealed like a school girl in love, fanning his blushing face. He thought Yifan would forget, since Yifan was so busy lately, Yifan didn’t even home for dinner anymore, but the tall guy was still Yixing’s sweetheart, romantic as ever.

Yixing hoped that his present would accompany by a romantic dinner in their favorite restaurant because it’s been forever since they did their little dinner date. Yixing missed that. Yixing missed Yifan.

His good mood stayed until night time, when he leisurely threw his tired body to living room couch, waiting for Yifan to be home. A warm smile curled up on his lips when he thought about his husband. This past few months had been hard for them. Yifan had a new project to handle and his job really took a toll on him. He missed a lot of meals, he’s rarely at home, going to work early in the morning and back home around midnight, he even out in weekends. That sadden Yixing because they usually spent their weekends together, doing grocery shopping, lazing around their home, eating lots of junk food, like bunch of lazy college students, even though they’re actually 28.

Yixing missed his husband, but never said it out loud to Yifan. He chose to do this daily routine, doing the laundry, cleaning, cooking (even though Yifan never ate any of them, except occasional breakfast), basically, being a good spouse he was. Yixing hoped that Yifan’s project to be over soon, because he wanted his old Yifan back. His cocky, silly, good-looking husband.

Yixing hoped that Yifan could really spend his birthday with him, doing things they like, being intimate like they used to be. Before he knew it, Yixing fell asleep on the couch, a smile painted on his face, thinking about Yifan.

Yixing was wary at breakfast two days after, fidgeting in every second since Yifan sat right infront of him, eating. Yifan acted like nothing happen, looking at his phone every second, sometimes it buzzed as it’s receiving mails from his worker.

“What are you doing tonight?” Yixing finally asked after so much of internal battle.

Yifan looked up from his breakfast to stare at Yixing, only for a second, before digging his omelet again. He shrugged, “nothing, busy at work. Why?”

Yixing bit his lower lip, shaking his head lightly, “nothing,” he said with a small smile. Yifan must be preparing for their date because he looked flustered a little when Yixing asked him. That sneaky little bastard, preparing a surprise for him, even though he didn’t have to, Yixing would be just as grateful if they only spend their evening tangling on their couch, eating take out.

“Well then, I need to go now, needed at work. See you, Xing.”

Yixing frowned when Yifan squeezed his shoulder. No kiss goodbye, like it used to. Yixing noticed the lack of intimacy between them lately. Yifan used to kiss him long and hard before he left for work, but lately he just pecked him on the cheek or giving him a quick hug. Damn you, hellish project! That project really took away Yixing’s husband from him. He prayed for the damn project to be over soon. However the most important thing right now, he should check his present. Yixing ran to their bedroom and yanked open the top drawer. The velvet box was not there anymore. Yixing was right, Yifan would give it to him tonight, at their dinner date.

However, there was no dinner date even after 7 pm and Yixing went awry. He already showered, ironed his best shirt, cooked something good incase Yifan wanted to have dinner at home. But, nothing. No dinner plan, no Yifan at home or even a phone call. Yifan probably caught up at work or something probably happen to him. With a crazy beating heartbeat, Yixing called him.

“Hello?”

Yixing heaved a relieve sigh when he heard Yifan’s deep voice. “Where are you?” he asked softly.

“At work.” Yixing couldn’t help but hurt a little since Yifan’s work still being a between them.

“Have you eat dinner?”

“Not yet. Probably in a minute. Do you need something?”

Yifan was probably really busy right now. “Nothing, just don’t forget to eat dinner.”

“Alright. Don’t wait for me.”

Then he hung up. Yixing massage his temple, so much for dinner date! He looked at the clock, 7.15. It’s not too late if he still wanted his dinner date. If Yifan couldn’t give him one, he’s the one who’s gonna give it to Yifan. He could grab some dinner from their favorite place then bring them to Yifan’s office. That way, he could also get his present and maybe some other thing. With a wide smile, Yixing changed to his best shirt to go to his husband.

….

“Table for two?”

Yixing shook his head with a warm smile intact. “No, I want two spaghetti bolognese to go please, without carrots, my husband is allergic.”

The waitress frowned a little before smiling at him. “Wow, I just found out about this kind of allergic today but apparently it’s not so rare.”

Yixing frowned at the statement but smiled nonetheless “Really? Because I thought he was joking when he first told me.”

They shared a small laugh before the waitress asked him to sit while his order was prepared. Yixing couldn’t hide his smile as he missed the place a lot. There was so many moments were held in this place. They found this place intentionally when they’re both starving after works and craved for some Italian food. Turned out, the first Italian restaurant they found was really good. That day was the day that Yifan told him that he allergic to carrots and Yixing thought that Yifan made up the worst lie ever until he looked online that night and found out that carrot allergic does exist.

This place was the place where Yifan proposed to him. He was sweating and fidgeting when he proclaimed his love to Yixing and passed out before Yixing could answer him. Turned out, he forgot to exclude carrots in his order and his allergic hit with a full blast. Their supposed romantic night ended up with travelling to the emergency room, but Yixing said yes and tackled Yifan into a bear hug once he opened his eyes. All of that, happened in one table, where they sit on dinner after dinner following that night. His eyes travelled to his and Yifan’s favorite table only to be shocked to death. At that table, he found Yifan, laughing with another guy. The scene would look innocent if not for their hands tangled at the top of the table.

Yixing choked a sob because he knew exactly who the guy was. Kim Junmyeon, Yifan partner for the damn project. Yixing should see it coming, judging by the discreet smile Junmyeon and his husband exchange when they were at their office party the other day. But he shrugged it off that day, thinking that it probably was a insides joke between friends. Yixing should know that there’s something wrong with the way Yifan described Junmyeon, but he thought it was nothing since Yifan said that he’s happy having a very smart colleague for the project. Yixing felt so stupid.

Yixing felt like a moron of a husband, like a delusional school girl thinking that her crush liked her back when it’s not, especially when Junmyeon lifted their interlaced hands to kiss Yifan’s hand, a silver chain on his pale wrist.

Yixing didn’t realized that his face was full of tears until the waitress from earlier gasped and asked “are you okay” to him. Yixing looked up at her with a pain expression and asked, “Can I cancel the order?”

She looked a little baffle and bit his lower lip, “but, sir, your order is almost finished.”

Yixing wiped his tears and took out his wallet. “Here’s the money, no need to give me the foods, I have to go,” Yixing tried so hard not to choke at his own tears but apparently, it was so hard.

“Sir, but your food—“

“Just give it to table six,” Yixing didn’t mean to say that but the words came out naturally from his mouth. He saw the waitress looked a little confuse but he couldn’t care less.

“Table six?” she looked behind her back and frowned, “Oh, that guy has the allerg—oh my God.” She gasped and turned to Yixing in utter despair. She looked at him with a pity expression and Yixing couldn’t handle it. “Sir, I—“

Yixing shook his head and squeezed the girl’s hand before going out from that place.

He broke down in the car. Crying his eyes out. He couldn’t believe that Yifan, his Yifan, could do something like that to him. Yixing did nothing but being a perfect husband for him, tending his needs, look after their place, doing everything the other asked, but Yifan was so heartless.

He gave up his job, his friends, his life to be with the guy, to be the husband Yifan wanted, but he cheated on him.

Yixing started his car and got out from the parking lot. He couldn’t stop crying even when his on the road. His vision was blurry but he could do nothing about it since his tears couldn’t stop come out.

He's a wreck, and he probably shouldn't driving. However, Yixing was too hurt to care, the love of his life just had a dinner in their supposedly table. Yixing felt so betrayed. 

He drove faster, ignoring the red light on the relatively empty street. He heard a horn in distance, probably from some pisses drivers who was shocked by his audacity. 

Yixing saw a light before his eyes, slowly approaching him from the distance. It remained him of heaven because it was white and bright.

Yixing wanted to go to heaven, to be with the angels because living on earth felt like in hell. Yixing drove faster to the light, the angels are waiting for him.

The light got brighter, the sound of it was blaring, like the sound of his alarm in the morning, unless this sound was a hundred times louder. 

Yixing saw there were two lights there, and instead of heaven's light, it looked like the devil's eyes.

Yixing snapped back to reality when he realized that the light was from a big truck. He hit the brake and wheeled out of the truck's way, but it was to late. Next thing he knew, his body felt like hit by tons of brick, his ear went deaf by the screaming horn, then everything went black.

...

This scenario had been playing in my head for a month now. This is originally written for a chaptered fic but I don't have a time to write. I will prob continue this.... in hundreds years.