(Kray) The Notebook

Cupid's Book

Pairing: Kray/Fanxing

Summary: Yixing was so doomed when he lost his notebook contained of doodles about his crush.

Genre: fluff, highschoolAU!

 

There's nothing special about the notebook. The cover was plain brown leather, it wasn't thick nor big, it's just a regular notebook, the one you could easily find in stationary stores. It's not the notebook that Yixing really concerned about, well it was the notebook, but more like, the contain of it.

Yixing deepest secret was in it. The secret only his best friend, Luhan, knew about (he managed to know after a lot whining and threatening).

Yixing was doomed if anybody ever found the notebook and read all his doodles inside. He's a dead meat for sure.

"Where did you put it?" Luhan asked for a hundred times that Yixing already ignored it by now. "You're dead if anyone read it."

"I know," Yixing groaned, "now, can you please more search less whine, please?"

"How could you forget such important thing?!" Luhan nagged, "no, why did you have to doodle his name in it all the time?! What if somebody found it and gave it to him?"

Yixing groaned again, for hundreds times today. "Please shut up! You know I'm scared as right now." Yixing rarely cursed, but when he did, it meant that he's over the edge already. 

"You're a dead meat..."

"It can't be that bad," Yixing mumbled under his breath.

Luhan shrieked, "did you hear yourself? Can' t be that bad?! You know the guy spat on that freshman's face when he dared to confess to him, right? and I don't mean to be rude but you and that freshman guy have something in common, you both are nobody in this school. Although I admit that you're a lot cuter than him, but that's not the point. The point is you're not Hwang Jinah, you can't sway your cheerleading to him and only get a grunt in return, you'll be dead if you do that. That guy is a cold blooded killer I tell you, why do you have to like him?"

Yixing sighed after his best friend long rant. "You done?" 

"Not yet," Luhan pointed a finger at him.

Yixing merely rolled his eyes, "oh, just shut up and help me to find that book."

They searched through the library, where they last saw it, once again, checking under the table, between the shelf, but found nothing.

"It's just doodles of his name, right?" Luhan hesitantly asked.

Yixing shook his head, hiding his face in his palm. He didn't want to tell Luhan what's exactly he wrote beside cheesy doodles, but he clearly remembered one particular entry.

I watched a documentary yesterday, a house by a lake seems nice. I want one someday. I will wake up seeing birds singing from the trees, the calm atmosphere, the fresh air. Will Yifan like a house by a lake? OMG >_<

That day dream he wrote in the middle of the book, where Luhan never had the chance to see, along with similar entry like:

Forget about the house by a lake, I'm thinking a house in uptown neighborhood wouldn't be so bad. I can go jogging in the morning while walking our dogs then make breakfast for everybody when Yifan waking up the kids for school. We will have the perfect family.

Yixing wasn't really thrilled thinking that someone would read it, even Luhan, because that's simply embarrassing.

Luhan whined, "tell me, what did you write exactly!"

If he got paid for groaning, Yixing would be rich right now. "Errr, nothing. Just.. umm.. our possible first date?" It wasn't a lie, he did write several places that he thought would be perfect for their first date.

"Possible first date?" Luhan asked uncertaint.

"Yeah, like where can we go what can we do if we go on a date, something like that," Yixing explained in a low voice.

"Crap, you're dead."

 

It's the second day Yixing lost his notebook and he was barely sleeping. He was mega stress because of the damn notebook.

Yixing had the notebook since he was in middle school. The notebook originally served as his journal, a reminder of his hectic schedule because Yixing was a forgetful guy. However, a year ago in his sophomore year, Yixing had it, his first love. 

He was the captain of the basketball team, another Chinese dude at their school who seemed to have a permanent scowl on his face. But Yixing liked him anyway.

Yixing never noticed how beautiful Yifan's eyes were until he got a chance to lock eyes with the said dude. Yifan had a pair of beautiful brown eyes accompanied by the piercing gaze. And just like that, just with one look, Yixing fell too hard.

Since that day, the notebook shifted from a journal to a cheesy diary, mostly told about Yifan's eyes, Yifan's height, Yifan's talent, Yifan's everything.

Luhan saw how pathetically in love Yixing was, encouraged him to confess. But before Yixing could muster the courage, a freshman dude already asked Yifan out and Yifan coldly spat out his drink of the poor soul. Since then, Yixing had promise that he may liked the guy, but he would stay away from him.

Despite his cold and probably mean personality, Yixing still like Yifan, simply because Yifan was enchanting and Yixing couldn't help it.

"Zhang Yixing?" 

Yixing got kicked out from his own reverie after a deep voice calling for him. He looked up only to meet face to face with his worst nightmare (or probably the best dream). It was Yifan. The Wu Yifan himself. And if that's not enough, the dude also held Yixing's notebook, the damn notebook!

"Umm.. yeah?" Yixing answered scarily while eyeing his notebook.

Yifan scanned him from head to toe and Yixing felt small under that piercing gaze. "I found your notebook, so.. um.. here." Yifan shoved the notebook to Yixing's hand, then turned his back to walk away.

Yixing's jaw fell apart because it's probably his luck that Yifan managed to not reading his notebook therefore he wasn't angry. But before Yixing could think of other possibilities, Yifan walked back to his direction.

"Listen," he said, "I didn't mean to read your book but I saw my name and I couldn't help it."

"Oh, please don't kill me," Yixing pleaded in hoarse whispered, scared for his life.

"Just to be clear, you think wrongly of me."

"Huh?" Yixing tilted his head in confusion.

Yifan looked a little annoyed but explained anyway, "I didn't mean to spat out my drink to that kid, but he came to me when I was drinking and suddenly asked me out, I was startled. It was unintentional. I looked for that kid after that and apologized, we're okay now."

"Oh," that's the only thing Yixing managed to say.

"I'm not cruel," Yifan added after a long silent. "So yeah, gotta go now."

Yixing was too shocked to process the new information so he didn't get to say goodbye to Yifan. But Yifan probably read his mind because he turned to Yixing once again.

"Listen, uumm.. I can't fulfil your dreams about the lake house or something," Yifan's statement made Yixing burst both from embarrassment and humiliation. Of course Yifan would reject him, what was he thinking. "Not now for sure. But I can probably take you out to that bubble tea cafe after school?"

Yixing's face immediately shines with hope and happiness. The bubble tea cafe was one of his first date wish list. He nodded, flasing his dimple smile to Yifan.

"So, see you after school?"

Yixing nodded again, grinning from ear to ear. He should probably start looking for that house near a lake.