One Last Try

One Last Try

Chapter 15 

 

Yuri's first reaction was that she was in the wrong placed at the wrong time. Her second reaction, when she searched the many faces staring at her in the room and found Yunho's, was that she was going to wring his freaking neck. 

 

Instead, she tried to remained as calm as she could when she asked, "What have you done?" 

 

Instead of answering, Yunho simply walked over to her, reaching out for her hand. When she only stared down at his, he whispered, "Please. Just go with the flowed for a minute." 

 

It wasn't because his voice sounded so sincere, so husky and so damn y that she almost melted into a puddle right then and there and it wasn't because sitting around the long conference room table were her mom, brother, Jooeun, Jihoon and Taehee. Well, ok, yeah, it was precisely for that reason that she went ahead and took his hand but she didn't looked at any of their relatives as he led her to the empty chair at the far end of the table. 

 

When she was seated, he went down on one knee. He took her left hand in his, rubbing along the ring finger where her wedding ring should have been. Uncomfortable by the way he was gazing down at her bare hand, Yuri tried to pulled away. 

 

Yunho held firm, lifting his gazed up to meet hers, "When we first met, I told you that you were different and that's why I was so attracted to you." He said. 

 

Her entire body stilled. He was more than handsome in his black classic fit solid wool suit, white trim fit dress shirt and charcoal dot silk tie. His brown eyes bore into her dark brown ones as if searching for something she wasn't sure she had to give. 

 

"I knew at that exact moment that once I got you, I would never let you go." 

 

"Yunho Oppa." She whispered, not willing to listened to anymore. Her resolved to end this marriage was shaky enough with him buttering her up. 

 

"No." He shook his head adamantly, "Please let me finished and then you can do or say whatever you want." He waited a beat for her responses. 

 

She found herself nodding her head positively, although she didn't have a clue why. 

 

"I always thought I needed to prove myself to my dad and then when I met you, I felt compelled to do everything right by you. I idiotically thought that working my off to make more money was the right thing. On some level, I even thought that the more successful I became, the more you and my family would loved me. My dad used to say that sometimes the smartest man could be the dumbest . I will be claiming that title today because where you and our marriage were concerned, I royally screwed up." 

 

Somebody sniffled. Yuri thought it was probably his mom but she didn't turned to make sure. Her gazed was riveted on Yunho. 

 

"I should have been smarter. I should have listened." He was rubbing her hand and looking at her so intensely he probably knew the tears were going to fall before they actually did. Yes, she was crying. Her heart was so full with emotion already, his words simply pushed them overboard. 

 

"But none of that matters now Yuri. If I could turned back time, I had erase it all and do the right thing but we both know that won't worked. So instead, all I can do is start over." 

 

The tears were flowing in earnest now, from her eyes and from a couple other people in the room. She could hear more sniffling and ruffling around liked somebody was looking for tissues. Yuri tuned out everyone and everything but Yunho. Obviously, he was doing the same thing because he only looked away from her to reached one of his hands into his jacket pocket. When he pulled out a black velet flock with gilt trim box, Yuri's breath caught and she sobbed. Shaking her head, she tried to will the tears to stopped. Her vision was blurred and she knew she wanted to see what he had in that box with twenty-twenty clarity. 

 

Yunho's hand shook a little as he opened the box. The women in the room gasped but Yuri remained quiet. She couldn't speak, could barely breathe. The 3/8 ct. t.w. diamond frame ring in 14k white gold was gorgeous but she couldn't opened to tell him that. 

 

"Wait, there's more." He said, then set the ring box on her lap and reached into his inner pocket to pulled out an enveloped, "When I did this the first time, I told you how much I loved you and how I wanted you to shared my life with me. I put a ring on your finger and asked you to marry me and you said yes. I guessed you could say we have been there and done that. So this time, not only am I presenting you with another ring but I'm giving you the deed to a house. I asked you once what you wanted and your answered was your family and a home. I'm not simply asking you to be mine this time, Yuri. I'm asking you to trust me with your happiness and heart. To trust that I can be the husband you want and the father our child deserves. I'm asking you, Yuri Kwon Jung, to marry me again." 

 

Yuri's heart was pounding a mighty beat. She wondered for a moment if everyone in the room could hear it. 

 

"You are supposed to answered him Yuri." She heard her mom whispered, when she was still trying to find her words. 

 

Somebody laughed. It sounded liked Taehee. 

 

Yuri cleared , "I...um, I don't know what to say to all that." She finally managed. 

 

"Say what you feel, Yuri. What do you feel in here?" Yunho tapped a hand over her heart then let it fall down to her stomach, "And here." 

 

That was it. She knew it and so did he, "How do I know for sure it will be different this time?" 

 

"Nothing in life is certain. My dad used to tell me that, too." He glanced momentarily heavenward, "Man, I missed him and I hope what I'm doing now is pleasing him more than any business deal I have ever closed but I can start by telling you that I took your adviced. I passed Myung onto Kim Jongdae and next week, Hyoyeon and I are going to go through all the accounts and divide them between the appropriate junior brokers. It's really going to be different this time. I'm going to be different because there is nothing more important to me than you and our child." 

 

"Say yes. Say yes." Taehee cheered. 

 

Jihoon shushed her and Yuri smiled. 

 

Everything Yunho just said, everything he had done, was all that she had wanted from the beginning. She had told him he needed to win her back and he had done it, in spades. She should have known Yunho would never lose a challenge, "Yes. I will marry you again." 

 

They hadn't all been together since Taehee's birthday in March but this Sunday, all the Jung's were joined by the Kwon's and their closed friends at the Unification Church. When the morning service was over, Father Moon called for the pianist to played the wedding march while Yunho and Yuri joined hands and walked once again, down the aisle. 

 

Yuri felt as nervous and as sure as she had the last time they had taken this walked. Butterflies flitted about in her stomach. No, that was her baby. The baby she and Yunho would soon welcome into this world. Taehee, Jooeun and her mom had taken her shopping for a dressed that would fit when Yunho suggested they renewed their vows. The white lucia knee length dressed looked simple and elegant on her ever-changing frame. Yunho had wore one of his many black suit which enhanced his fair complexion and lean build. Yuri had spent half the service simply looking at him, he looked so good. If truth were told, it wasn't just that he looked good, it was that this felt good, it felt right. 

 

They had come a long way, Yuri and Yunho. She believe that it was all for a reason, it was all leading to this deeper commitment they were about to make to each other. Now, they stood at the altar, Father Moon looking at them with a crinkly yet knowing smiled. He had married them ten years ago and he would probably christen their baby, "What God has brought together, let no man put asunder." He whispered to them. 

 

Their arms were locked and Yunho reached up with his free hand to touched hers, pulling them closer together. Father Moon read the scripture in his regular, solemn tone and the small ceremony began. 

 

When the time came for the vows, Yunho began with, "Yuri, you are and will forever be the loved of my life." 

 

Her heart simply melted in her chest at his sincerity. So caught up was she in Yunho and his words that when it was her turned, she had to blinked away tears and concentrated on what she had planned to say. Her words began slowly, crisply, as she wrapped up her new vows to her husband. 

 

"And I will loved you, cherished you and honored you and your accomplishments for all the days of our lives." Neither of them heard the music as it played behind them. In their world, only they existed. The kissed they shared was more than enticing, more than alluring. It was renewing and rejuvenating. It was their second chance. 

 


 

A/N: And that's the end of the chapter and story everyone and in case you guys are wondering why I didn't included the baby being born and what not. It was still early in her pregnancy and I wanted Yunho and Yuri to get married again, while she was still early on in her pregnancy and have time to fully worked things out and get other things situated before the baby arrived but I still hope you enjoyed it and I will see you all again. 

 

- Butt3rflyl0v3r