One Last Try

One Last Try

Chapter 1

 

He couldn't get her out of his mind. 

 

Jung Yunho walked along the busy street without paying a bit of attention to his surroundings. He had lived in Seoul Korea all his life so he wasn't amazed by the sights. Besides, his mind was usually too preoccupied with business to take in the scenery. Today, however, it wasn't business that plagued him. 

 

Anyone who knew Yunho would be surprised by that fact alone. 

 

At this moment, there was just too much going on in his life. It was early October. The year was quickly coming to an end and he couldn't tell if he was glad or miserable about it. It was natural to leaned more towards miserable since in the last nine months he had had his wife walked out on him, his dad die, his wife came back to him and then left him again. 

 

His dad's death. Yunho was beyond devastated. His dad, Yanghyun Jung, hadn't only been an influential business man but a devoted husband and father. Continuing his walked, Yunho turned the cornered, vaguely noticing people going in and out of the shop that line the street. It was a crisp fall day and he deeply inhaled the fresh air. With his hands deep within his pockets, he let himself remembered one of the most painful nights of his life. The night he had found out his dad was dead. 

 

His mom, Jooeun Jung, had been the one to called him well after midnight. He had just gotten into bed after working on a proposal for Yosub Lang of Lang Holdings. His mom hadn't given him much information except that a drunken driver had run the stopped signed and hit his car causing him to hit his head against the window causing a blot clot. By the time the ambulance came and got him out of the car, his dad was gone. 

 

For days, Yunho had function on sheer autopilot. His condo in the downtown area of Seoul seem bigger and emptier. Almost liked a tomb and only six months before, his wife of five years had moved out. 

 

Yuri taught first grade at a local elementary school. She loved it and so, Yunho tried not to pressed the issued about her staying home, no matter how much he wished she would. One evening, he had come home from worked to find she was packed and gone. He had talked to her a week later and she had been adamant about the separation. Yunho had been flabbergasted. They had been so happy one day then she was yelling and crying the next. 

 

One thing he was absolutely certain of, he and Yuri were meant to be together. If she needed a few months to get over whatever it was she was going through, he was willing to give her that. Except, he hadn't anticipated his dad's death or the strange feelings and yearnings that would come as a result. 

 

Yuri Kwon Jung was compassionate and loyal. On the day of the funeral, when she had come walking back into his family home after six months of being away, he had felt a soothing calm washed over him. Very little shocked. It was liked his body and soul had just been patiently waiting for her. She had embraced him immediately and he had known without a doubt that with her here, he could make it through this day and the next. 

 

They had returned to his penthouse after the last of the mourners had left the Jung estate. The ride back into the city was quiet as Yunho thought of the turned his life had taken in such a short span of time. He had expected her to come back home with him and that they would get through this grief together. So, when they had walked into the house and he had gone directly into the bedroom, it was natural for her to followed him there. What had thrown him was the way she had sat on the edge of the bed, her hands in her lap, as if this was her first time there. Maybe she was having a moment. Yunho had experienced plenty of them in the last week. He had been doing something normal or mundane and just liked that, his thoughts would drift to his dad and the loss would seem too profound for words. 

 

His long slim fingers shook a little as he ed his Van Heusen traveler classic-fit stretch no-iron button-down black shirt and stripped it off, tossing it to the floor. Then he had had to sit down as the memories came fast, turning his insides once again, to a jittery messed. He had felt her hand on his broad shoulder as she tried to comfort him. Then her arms were wrapped around him and he leaned into her embraced. It felt comfortable and different all at the same time. She had trembled in his then sniffled. He had brushed his hands through her long mid-back straight dark brown hair, whispering something about them getting through this together. Then the moment had shifted. Grief slipped aside, opening the door to a familiar rushed of passion. His wife was in his arms, in his bed, a placed she hadn't been in months and he loved it. 

 

Yunho told himself that circumstances put them in this time and placed that he shouldn't take advantage. Yet, his hands moved down her back to cup her bottom. It was instinctive. Her arms were wrapped around his back, her nails digging in slightly as he touched her. In the next instant, their mouths were joined, his heart-shaped lips moving over hers boldly, wickedly. She seem to melt in his arms even as she the intense heat building within him. Every touched, every moan, every movement felt right. It felt perfect. They didn't speak. Words were no longer necessary. Each touched was a memory renew. When he had lifted the edge of her eyelet detail white chemise, pulling it up and over her head, he was entranced by her beauty that had only matured with her over the years. Yuri was no longer the timid college girl he had first taken to his bed. Now, she was an experienced lover, arching to his touched, to his kissed. Anticipation bubbled just beneath the surfaced of his tanned skinned and he his lips impatiently. 

 

It had always been this way between them, this hot rushed of desire that didn't calm until he was deeply embedded inside her and they were both completely sated. When she reached out, flattening her palms on his bare chest, Yunho's entire body stiffened then warm. He wanted this woman with a desperation he had never known before, needed her liked nothing he had ever needed in his life. Leaning forward, he kissed her with all the emotion swirling inside of him. He was gentle at first because his one priority had been to always loved and cherished her. Then his lips grew more persistent, his tongue slipping past her plump lips, her teeth, to claimed her fully. Her tongue snake along his and the dam broke free. He kissed her with pent-up urgency, conveying the fierceness of his loved for her, his devotion and vow to protect and take care of her. 

 

They had loved each other in this way so many times before, it was second nature. When she lay on the bed, Yunho could only looked down at her, his mind reeling with emotion, his body edgy with need. She had only to lift her arms in invitation before he was slipping between her long legs, entering her with one s, one satisfied moan. That moan was quickly replaced by tiny pants and heated growls as Yunho created a rhythm and Yuri lifted her hips to matched it. This was the connection he had come to rely on, the one constant in his life, his loved for this woman. 

 

The next morning, he had gone to the office at his usual time, five o'clock. He had called home a couple of hours later to see Yuri had left for worked and had received no answered. After several attempts on her Samsung Galaxy Note 2, he figured he had just see her later but he was mistaken. This time, at least, she had left him a note. She wasn't going to stayed with him. The night before had been wonderful but it had been a mistake. He couldn't give her what she wanted so a separation was the best solution. 

 

Yunho had been livid. For the first time in years, he had taken his frustration out on something besides the punching bag in his home gym. He had burn the note then tossed a few pieces of artwork, watching them smashed into the walls of the penthouse, enjoying the scene of them breaking. Just liked his heart. That had been three months ago, Yunho hadn't seen nor heard from Yuri since then. He had called her because he thought his marriage deserved that much. She had refused his calls. He wasn't into begging so the calls quickly stopped. For now but in the weeks that passed he had held on to the fact that he hadn't heard from any attorney on her behalf. That was a good signed because Yunho had no intention of ever letting his wife go. 

 

Yuri Jung's heart fluttered as she held the blanket up to her cheek. Burying her nose in it, she let its smell shift through the raging hormones in her body. Her dark brown almond-shaped eyes misted and she blinked to keep from making a complete fool of herself inside this quaint shop. One of her co-workers had took her to the placed and Yuri was ecstatic to find the woman was absolutely right. This shop was comfortable, fabulous and had everything she would need and then some. 

 

Gently laying her hand on her lowered stomach, Yuri sighed. 

 

Ten years ago, when she had first seen Yunho Jung walking acrossed the campus of Myongji University, she had been enamored along with the rest of the female population. Yuri prided herself on being one of the smartest of them all. Though she knew a man as good-looking and inherently successful as Yunho would never be interested in a shy, quiet girl from Goyang. So, she hadn't even bothered with the games and ploys the other girls performed to get his attention. By day, she focused on school and getting her degree and by night, in the privacy of her dorm room, she long for him. 

 

It was on a windy October night, days before Halloween. She had been coming from a late study session in the library and he had bumped into her, knocking her and all her books to the ground. He had been fooling around with some of his friends and not watching where he was going. She had been so tired from late-night studying and the part-time job she was working at the school bookstore that she wouldn't have seen a truck if it had come barreling at her. 

 

Embarrassed, angry and still tired as hell, she had scrambled on the ground to picked up her books. Yunho had been faster, collecting each textbook along with her notebook and her stripe canvas tote purse without a word. He had offered her a hand up then because she was now on her knees, wondering where the messed she had dropped had gone. She looked up at him and could have sworn the sun was shining in a halo around him, except for the fact that it was closed to midnight. Finally coming to her senses, she had put her hand in his and let him helped her up. As smart as she considered herself, she had no idea just how handsome he was closed up. He was tall. She looked up at him and was blinded by his smiled. He was so fine it should have been a sin. He had said something that snapped her out of her reverie and she remembered smiling and muttering a thank you. She had walked away so fast she swear she was a blurred in the wind. 

 

The next morning, he was waiting at the door of her dorm and for the next two weeks, he met her at each class and walked her home from her late-night studying at the library. Their meetings had been really casual. He talked of his family and everyday things while she, although still in awe, managed to talked about the same. A month later, he asked her out on a real date. By the time Yuri had come to the conclusion that Yunho wasn't the untouchable bad boy symbol the girls on campus thought he was. Underneath the handsome and polished exterior, he was just a man who loved soup of all kind, listening to music, singing and exercise and he was kind, focused and he truly seem to care about her. 

 

Before either of them knew it, they were an item, dating seriously and sending rumors flying around campus. It wasn't the instant-fall-desperately-in-loved liked in some cheesy romances, it was more liked an intense, heated dropped into submission. Marriage was obviously on their horizon and the fairy-tale ceremony their shining moment in the spotlight. She loved that man liked nothing and no one in her life and in the five years of their marriage, she had given him everything she had physically and mentally. She had also sacrificed the one thing she had wanted most because he wasn't ready. Until his excuses became the norm and she realized what he wasn't saying but wholeheartedly meant was that he didn't want children. 

 

The hardest decision Yuri ever had to make was to walked away from her marriage, from the commitment she had made before god and her family but she had done so to saved herself. Yunho came from a very influential family. He was rich even before he made his first million. His dad, Yanghyun, own his own company, Jung Enterprising Inc. His mom, Jooeun, was a well-known doctor and a philanthropist who worked specifically with hospitals and children organization. His older brother, Jihoon, was the vice president in Jung Enterprising and was the head in accounting. Yunho was the lone ranger in the family, even though he didn't hold a degree in business liked his dad and brother, he was still the epitome of ambition. For that very reason, her marriage had never stood a chance. 

 

In the beginning, their marriage was strong but soon, his career and quests for success prove more important than she had ever been. Yuri had finally grown tired of the competition. Giving up wasn't usually in her nature, especially when it came to relationship. She was so heartbroken to know that she hadn't had what it took to make her marriage worked. Still, she had been strong the morning she packed her bags and left the penthouse she and Yunho had picked out and furnished together. She hadn't even left him a note that first time. 

 

He was so smart with his MBA degree and intuition he should have been able to figured it out. Especially since the day before they had argued about starting a family. Her heart had ached until she had thought about ripping it free to finally gained some peace but later, she had received the news of Yanghyun's death. Yuri had grieved as if he was her own dad and despite the animosity she had towards Yunho, she wouldn't have wished that tragedy on anyone. So, it was with that in mind that she had returned to the Jung estate on the outskirt of Seoul. 

 

Being with his family again, had been difficult, especially since she hadn't seen or spoken to any of them in more than six months. The moment she arrived, Yunho made a point of telling her that he hadn't mention her hiatus to his family. Yuri had been stung by the way he had called her departure a hiatus liked she had gone on some type of vacation or something but that hadn't been the time to get into it. Besides, just seeing him again, had her body and emotions going haywire. A case in point was the passionate night they had spent together after leaving the cemetery. Looking back now, she had to claimed that as one of the best nights of her life but then, the next morning, it looked to Yuri as if it was business as usual for Yunho liked he hadn't just buried his dad. Liked they hadn't made sweet tender loved to one another. When she had tried to talked to him, he had brushed her off. He was officially unreachable, emotionally closed off just as he had been the last few years. 

 

Now, walking around the store, Yuri sighed over all the different design and the racks of clothes in a pastel rainbow of colors. She heard the tiny bell that signaled a new customer entering the store but didn't pay it much attention but as she surveyed the outfit, her peripheral vision caught the classic-fit unhemmed brown pindot suit and that confident swagger. Expensive and elegant, that's what it was and when she raised her gazed a little higher, her heart pounded. 

 

"Yunho Oppa!" She gasped. As if she had been caught stealing, she s her arms with the clothes in her hands behind her back. 

 

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his brown almond-shaped eyes ranking over her with barely masked hungered. 

 

"I, um...I'm shopping." Lord, she prayed he wouldn't asked what or who she was shopping for. 

 

"I have been calling you." 

 

Yuri her pink color lips nervously, "I know." 

 

"Why haven't you returned my calls?" 

 

"Oppa, this isn't the placed to discussed this. I will called you later." 

 

His thick eyebrows drew closed as he frowned, "I'm not inclined to believe that since you have been ducking me for about three months now." 

 

Yuri shifted uncomfortably beneath his gazed. Would she ever stopped feeling liked a love-struck college girl in his presence? She had grown and he had hurtled her repeatedly by ignoring her and denying what she wanted most in the world. By all normal standard, she should be able to walked away from him without a second thought. Yet, even now, she couldn't. 

 

He took a stepped closer and touched a hand to her shoulder, "What's going on with you Yuri? Why won't you just talked to me?" 

 

She closed her eyes. His touched felt so good but it was distracting her from the matter at hand. Taking in a deep breath, she looked up at him, "I can't." She said, with all the strain and indecision she had been feeling since leaving him the first time. 

 

He rubbed her shoulder, an act she remembered all too well, "Yes, you can. We have always been able to talked. We are best friends. Remembered you told me that the night of our graduation. There's nothing we can't say to each other." 

 

'That was then and this is now.' Yuri thought dismally. Still, she was surprised he had even remembered something liked that, "Things have changed." 

 

"Yeah, they have." He said, then as if just noticing his surroundings, he looked around the store and back at her, "What are you doing in a baby store?" 

 

Even as the questioned left his lips, his hands moved around her back. He pulled her wrists around so that the clothes she was holding, two baby sleepers, were now hanging between them. 

 

"What are these? A present for someone you know?" His gazed lifted from the sleepers and met hers. All she wanted to do was run out of that store, she knew the moment she had been dreading had finally come. 

 

"They are for a baby." She took a steadying breath, "Our baby."