Final Chapter

Say You Won't Let Go

 

Wheein has been holding Moonbyul, and calling her to wake up ever since the ambulance arrived and took them to the hospital. Wheein couldn't think straight anymore. If anything happened to Byul, she would never forgive herself. 

As the nurses took Byul into the emergency room, Wheein fell on the floor. She cried straight for 2 hours. She refused to talk to anyone, even Taehyung. She needed to hear the result, and she needed to know if Byul will be alright again. 

She would never ever be able to forgive herself. 

Waiting outside more 1 more hour, the sign was finally off - meaning the operation was done. Wheein felt very anxious about what was going to happen. She didn't have the strength to talk anymore. Taehyung handled the talk with the doctor. 

The operation went successfully. 

However, Byul was in coma state. 

Unsure how to react to the news, Wheein decided to smile and said to herself "At least she didn't give up." She refused to give up on Moonbyul too, and she had hope that one day everything would be okay again. 

Starting from that day, Wheein came to visit the hospital everyday . . . believing one day Byul would wake up. She held on to that hope, refusing to believe otherwise. 

"...at the end, they met each other, and have a happy ending!" Wheein closed the story book, and put it into her bag. She would tell a happy ending to Moonbyul everyday as she visited. She wanted a happy ending for Moonbyul too because she deserved it. 

"Good night, Byullie unnie. I hope you would wake up tomorrow when I come here. See you again." She said blissfully as she laid down to kiss Moonbyul's forehead. It's become a daily routine as she visited. It's warm, yet also heartbreaking to see. 

Because it's been 4 years, and Byul hasn't wake up yet. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Moonbyul's POV

 

"Byullie unnie."

"Byullie unnie."

"Wake up!" 

I heard a voice that I've been longing to hear. But I cannot open my eyes no matter how much I try. I give up.

"Byullie unnie, hang in there! please!" 

Wheein, is that you? I tried my best to open my eyes to see her, but once again I failed. Why can't I control myself? What is happening to me? I can feel nothing, only numb. I grow tired to trying to control myself, and I just let the darkness kicks in. 

 

"Byullie unnie! Please Please! Do not give up!" 

I wake up from my consciousness once again. I need to wake up, I need to see her. This time, I put all of my willingness to open my eyes from this darkness. I see angel above me, I see Wheein. Is she upset about something? why is she crying? I see many strangers too. I see lights above me. They are pushing me on a rolling bed to somewhere. Once again, I run out of my controlness . . . the dark creeps in again, and I let it happen.  

 

 

I feel light - just like a blank paper with nothing on it. I cannot see anything; I cannot sense anything. What's happening to me? 

 

When I open my eyes, I am at somewhere unfamiliar.

 

I am standing on a sand, and infront of me, I can see sea. Why am I suddenly here? I look at my feet, it felt great to stand here. I miss the feeling of visiting a sea. It's used to be a habit of having vacation at beach when I was young - especially when my parents were there.

"Byul-ah!" 

 

Someone calls me from my behind, the voice is so familiar. When I turn back, I can't believe what I just see. 

"Grandpa!!" 

I run to him like a child, and he is standing near the swing with his arms opened - welcoming me into a hug. I miss his hug. I cannot feel the hug at all, perhaps because it's happening inside my head. But this feel so real at the same time because I can see him again. 

"I miss you, grandpa!"

"I miss you, my sweetheartl!"

I wish I can feel his hug as real as it used to be, but I know I cannot. I release our hug, and I look at him into his eyes. 

"Grandpa, where am I?" I swallow as I ask the question. I don't know what to expect, but I am also afraid. 

"Don't worry, Byul. You are on a small break." He smiles at me as he answer back. 

"It's a relief then. I still have alot of finish." I sigh infront of him. I seriously need to fix alot of things that I foolishly did wrong so far for the family, especially people around me.

"Come and sit on the swing. We can catch up abit." He points at the swing, and smiles at me fondly. I miss his smile. 

 

I sit on the swing, and he does too. I link my arm with his, and I lay my head on his shoulder. 

"What's your mind, sweetheart?" 

"I was stupid . . . a fool who was selfish." I can't almost control my tears as I speak that. 

"What make you think that way?" 

"Admit it, grandpa. I was selfish to make Yongsun marry to me." I swallow and continue. "What do I even know about love. I just realize that I've been ruining her life. But I am mad and upset that she steals the company that you worked so hard for." 

"Honey, put yourself into her shoes. Maybe you would do the same if their family did that to us." 

 

I think for a while, and imagine if it was to happen to me. I would defend my family, but this is still harsh to accept.

"Maybe yes, maybe no." 

"What happened in the past stayed in the past, we cannot do anything about it." He lightly touches my head. "What you can do now is to move forward, and make things right again. It starts with accepting, saying sorry, and forgiving. It's a simple rule."

"Grandpa, you expect me to forgive her? can we do that?" I look at him wonderingly.

"Remember that you forgive her for yourself not hers. Do it because you deserve peace. That's part of moving forward too."

 

I consider his wisdom words again, and imagine how it would act on me.  

"So how about our company? we forgive that too?" He poked my head.

"I say forgive her, but doesn't mean you are fighting for the company back. It comes from blood and sweat of The Moon Family, you need to have it back." 

"I will, grandpa! When I go back, I will." With that, he kisses my forehead warmly. 

"Dad! Byul-ah!" 

 

It's coming from our back, and it's a sound that I strangely miss. I haven't heard for a while, but I know I used to hear it when I was young. As I turn back, it's none other than my parents. They are standing infront of a house. My dad put his arm around my mother. What is this world. 

"Dinner is getting cold, when are you guys going to join us?" 

Almost tearing up, I run into them. It's been a long time. very long time. 

"Dad. Mom. I miss you." I say as my breath hitch with tears rolling down my cheek. 

"We miss you too, honey. Now come in our house, and have dinner with us." I happily smile at him, and walk into the house with them, grandpa follows too. 

 

I don't remember the last time we had dinner together, but I am glad we are having one now. My mother is a great cook, and she cooks dinner too this time. I can see my dad's favorite food on the dining table. They are such a very lovey dovey couple. They still look into each other eyes with great affection. Just now, they are holding their hands while having dinner, and feeding each other food too. 

"I'm envious, mom! stop feeding dad food. He can eat on his own." I whine at my mother, and they all laugh at me. She still feeds him anyway. 

"Love is powerful enough for people to do this, honey. Don't mind us." My father replies instead, as he now takes turn to feed my mother. 

"Well . . . I am jealous of you guys." I look down on my table. "I had a wife too, but we don't even look at each other during breakfast, lunch or dinner. or at all." 

 

"How about that nanny?" My mom looks at me with a grin. 

"W-what nanny?" I stutter. How could they know what I have been going through. 

"Don't deny, honey. The one that took you to her hometown." My father cut in. Ok, did they spy on me?

"Yes, that cute one, honey. I like her by the way." My mother continues, and they look at me with grin. evil one. All in sudden, I can feel a blush on my cheek, or it's hot over here. 

"Let's just eat. She's shy." my grandfather tries to cut in, and save me from the day. 

"N-no, I am not." I try to defend myself, but inside, I know what this exactly is. 

"Then how do you really feel about her?" My mother hold my hand, and look into my eyes. I sigh.

"To be honest, I don't know. I'm afraid that it's just an . . . infatuation that I used to feel toward Yongsun before." I swallow hard as I am not sure too. From someone who failed in a marriage, I am not sure anymore. 

 

"Are you nervous around her?" My father asks. 

"Y-yes." 

"Do you want to see her everyday?" My mother takes turn to ask. 

"Yes." 

"Can you imagine your life without her?" My father asks again. 

"To be honest, no."

"Would being with her make you happy?" My mother takes turn once again.

"Yes." 

"Well then congratulation, honey. You are in love with her. What else that you are not sure about?" My mother put her hands under chin as if she is approving something. 

"I don't think she would accept me. I am stupid."

"Honey, the moment she sees you and still properly do her job, she already accepts who you are. Stop overthinking already." My father frowns at me. 

 

"We rarely have dinner like this, now . . . can we finish the dinner at least?" my grandfather asks, and we turn to laugh at him. Right, it's been a long time since we sit together like this to have casual dinner like casual family do. 

"I wish Minseok oppa is here too, so we can be together." I express as I take a bite from the grilled chicken.

"That brat! but he is doing well now. I am happy." My grandfather says that and I am surprised to hear because back then, my grandfather disliked him alot for choosing personal passion over family business.

"What change your mind? I thought you hate him." 

"You will see when you go back, sweetheart." He caresses my cheek fondly.

Then we continue to eat our dinner happily together as if there's no tomorrow. Just as we finish the dinner, they all stand up and look at me fondly. 

 

"Honey, it's time to go back." My grandfather announces, and then they walk me to the door. 

"Can I visit here again?" I say that I hug each of them tightly.

"Oh no! We don't want to see you here again! Go back, and live your life!" My mother pokes my head and smile. 

I give each of them a kiss too before I step further. I open the door, and I see lights. They are right, it's time to go back. I walk in there, and I close my eyes as it's too bright. 

 

~~

 

When I open my eyes again, I can now sense what's around me again. 

I am in a white room. I can register that I am in hospital room for sure based on what's near me, and what I am wearing. As I look around the room, I see a familiar boy watching a TV from the sofa. It's Taehyung. 

"T-Taehyung..." I call out, but he doesn't seem to believe as he looks up.

"I must be hearing things . . ." he then continues to watch the TV with higher volume.

"Kim Taehyung." this time, he hears it as he stops for a bit. Gosh, when will he notice me. 

"Yah! Kim Taehyung!" This time, I try to put more effort when I shout to him. To much his surprise, he jumps out his sofa gleefully to me.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Moonbyul noona!" He holds my hand as he jumps up and down. 

"You hurt me . . . can you call the nurse?" He then realizes that he shall contact the nurse to check up on me. 

He goes straight outside the room, and comes back few minute later with 2 nurses behind him. I close myself as they do check up on me. To be honest, I am afraid that I would not wake up again, but I also believe I can fight through it. 

 

As the nurse done checking on me, they inform Taehyung that I am fine and beyond alright. 

I try to get up and sit on the bed - I have alot of things to deal/fix right now. 

"What are you doing, noona?" 

"I need to go to SM! I need to get the company back!" 

"Huh, why noona?" 

"Yongsun takes over the company, right? Now I need to get it back." I can see that he stops for abit again, and he looks at me. 

"Noona, you've been sleeping for 4 years." I am shocked to hear that. How could I sleep for 4 years? All in my head was about only a dinner with my late family. Time is sure running. 

"What?" I need to register again. "So, what's happened to the company now?" 

"Well . . . " 

 

Flashback to 4 years ago

Yongsun was working in the CEO office one evening, and suddenly, she received an email from the Chairman of Board. As she read through, it's calling for an urgent meeting on CEO Re-Election. What? 

She was informed through the email that 100% of the board member agreed to the meeting already, therefore she didn't have a choice but to present during the meeting itself. What's happening. 

The email alone wasn't surprising enough, there's also another surprise. 

 

"Come in." She said as she heard a knock on the door. Then someone familar come in. Gasp.

"Minseok oppa . . ." 

"Hello, former sister-in-law. Miss me?" Minseok came in the office confidently as he winked. 

"What are you doing here, oppa?"

"Do what I suppose to do. For example, get rid of you and get SM back." 

 

Yongsun couldn't help but feel shivered when Minseok said that to her.

"How could you say when your family was the one that ruin my family first. You reap what you sow." 

"Consider yourself lucky enough that I didn't sue you. I only need to get the company. Just wanna drop by, and see you in the meeting tomorrow." He winked again as he walked out of the room - without even closing the door. 

She never expected that Minseok would care about SM again, and came back to fight it back. He's a tough person to deal with. She already know that she was losing against him. 

 

The next day, the meeting went rough. Minseok exposed her the same way that she exposed Moonbyul to the board, and reports. Minseok raised up about Yongsun's father case where he caused fraud in the company with clear detail evidence. The board was surprised to learn that, and couldn't never look at her in the same way again. 

In that one simple meeting, Minseok got the company back under The Moon Family's control. This time, he felt ready and committed to manage the business, therefore, he almost moved his start-up business to Korea too - therefore, he's handling 2 companies at the same time.  

Yongson, on the other hand, was kicked out of the house - Minseok took the house back and everything that she took from Moonbyul. She was loss for words, but luckily, Hwasa was there for her thought thick and thin. After 2 years, Yongsun settle down with Hwasa as she accepted things the way it was - and she stopped thinking about the revenge. She forgave Moonbyul for herself too. 

 

"So my brother is taking charge of the company now."

"For 4 years already, noona. He's been doing a great job as a CEO." 

"What make you say so?" 

"Because . . . he saw my potential, and put me into a boygroup called BTS 3 years ago! I am famous now, noona!" Taehyung smiles at me gleefully, and I poke his arm teasingly too.

"Is that why?"

"Beside that too! He's able to make the company grow double from year to year. Wah, he should have take care of the company since the beginning." 

I smile, and agree as I nod. Then I think of other possible things. 

"T-then how about Yongsun?" 

"I didn't really know much about her, but I heard she's living with Hwasa. Both of them are working in different companies now, well I guess they still feel guilty to face us."

"At least, she is doing well then. that's a relief." I sigh, and then . . . what about her?

"How about Wheein?" Taehyung looks at me, and his expression is hard to read.

"Noona . . ." 

"What?" I look at him, searching for answer.

"About that . . ." 

"What's happening?" I feel nervous. What does this mean? 

"Wheein . . . she . . " he looks serious than ever.

"What happened to her?" I look at him seriously - when is he going to say something. 

"She's not here" 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

my heart drops. . . what does he mean by she is not here.

"What do you really mean she is not here?" I ask him again seriousy . . . but then he cracks into a big laugh.

"She's not here today! She's having a graduation ceremony! oh god look at you, so worried." I sigh, and decide to hit his head 3 times. 

"Yah! Kim Taehyung! How dare you tease me! It's been 4 years, and I wouldn't know what happen!" He laughs, but then turn all serious again as he leans closer to look at me - he even put his hand on my forehead. 

"Oh! other thing, Wheein has become a composer and lyrist in SM now. She's pretty famous, and well-known!" 

"I knew it! She also have a great vocal too, do you know?" 

"Sure! Minseok hyung offer her to debut solo, but she refused." he shakes his head, but then he looks at me " wait . . . noona . . . can you smack my head me 3 times again?" I don't ask him, but take advantage instead. 

Blop blop blop

"Oh god . . . it's real." He then slap his own cheek lightly. 

"Why? What happened?" 

"I want to make sure I am not dreaming!"

"What do you mean?" 

"Suddenly you wake up today! and you become normal?"

"Normal?"

"well . . . normal as a decent person." I scratch my head, and I may need to agree on that one. I am different.

"I have 2 final questions to ask from you." 

"I am open for more question! Ask me anything! I am your google now!" 

"Alright! So first of all, is Wheein still single?" I look at him all serious, and he casually replies back. 

"Oh. the nun. She's still single, but she's been single her whole life." he rolles his eyes, and I hit him again. 

"How dare you call her a nun!" 

"Because she's protecting herself from any relationship! she even rejected me 4 years ago. I'm still hurt. Even after I become famous, she still doesn't lay her eyes on me!" he pouts. 

"Do you happen to know why?" 

"I bet because she's been busy focusing on sleeping beauty." he glares at me. Ah. 

"It's relief then." he glares at me back. 

"Can you accompany me this afternoon? Please." 

"Luckily I don't have any schedule today! What do you want, noona?"

"I want a complete makeover, and do shopping! I want to renovate myself!" 

"I'd gladly help you . . . how about money?" he stares at me.

"Yah! You are famous now, can't you treat your noona once?" 

"Fine, noona!" 

 

After preparing to leave the hospital, he takes me into his van - we went to the salon place first. Abit of cutting, and alot of hair dyeing. He is able to successfully convince me that silve is a trend now, and I decide to go along. Well, it looks great on me too. 

After that, he took me to a brand store to purchase outfit. At first, he took me to a store of y clothes - I simply walk out, I guess it's not my taste. He whines, but still takes me to another store. I go for black casul shirt, black high waisted shorts, and lastly black double coat. I never notice black is such a color that I adore. 

"Do you know where the graduation ceremony is?" I ask him as I hop onto the van. 

"Yes, it's like around 20 minutes from here. And we still have time, no worry."

"Can we stop by at some florist shop on the way?" 

"Noona . . . you are just so different. How can one personal wake up after 4 years, and become romantic all of sudden." 

I don't bother to reply, and smile at him blissfully instead. Just like that, we do some chit chat on the car - he updates me news that I might miss, and I also learn alot of new things as well. I learn that my brother is in a serious relationship with his cutie assistant, Baekhyun who worked with him from the U.S till in Korea. That's quite interesting to know that our family prefer things out of norms. That's all I'm going to say. 

Taehyung couldn't go to the ceremony with me as he's afraid that he might be taken away by fan in such public event, and that be risky for him. So I decide to go down alone with flower in my hand.

I read the sign infront of the university, and follow the map that they mentioned, so I just walk along. It's inside a conference hall, and I sneak in quietly because it's in the middle of the ceremony, and I don't know to cause any attention. Sitting from the back, I try to check where Wheein is . . . it's been 4 years, I wonder if she stays the same. 

After sitting there for 30 minutes, they announce that the ceremony is ending, and it's individual photo time outside. Maybe I have better chance to spot her outside than in here. 

People are all walking out to take photo outside, and I try to look for Wheein too. Then I heard noise from other side.

"Gosh! Wheein-nim, can you take photo with me?" 

I heard from a big crowd and I walk near there as I heard her name being called out. Wheein's still the same, her gesture and her smile. Just her hair, there's no bang. She looks gorgeous as always. She also seems to be famous as people are in a crowd, waiting to take photo with her. And me too, I now stand in the last row to meet her. She's taking picture with the fan happily, and she also receives alot of flower.

Now it's my turn.

"Can I take picture with you too, Wheenanny?"

She looks up to see me, and she widen her eyes with tears. She drops all the flower on the ground unintentionally. Without further talk, I pull her into an ambrace. The hug that I've been missing so much, and she's one that I've also been missing so much too. Into my embrace, I can hear her sob and tighten the hug.

"Jung Wheein, I miss you."

"I miss you too, unnie!" she tries to break the hug, but I pull her even closer.

"Don't move." 

"B-but I want to see you." her words make me blush out of sudden. This girl. 

"Jung Wheein, It's been 4 years. I miss you alot, and just stay like this please because this feels so right." she silently nods, and I continue "I have 4 good news, and 1 bad news to tell you. Which one you want first?" 

"B-bad news?" 

"Nope! I'll do the way I want." she hits me while we are still hugging.

"First good news is I am decent person now proven by the brat Kim Taehyung. You can ask him." I chucklen when I say this by myself.

"I notice too." she teases me.

"Second news is I am legally a single woman." While  still sobbing, I can hear she chuckles.

"Third news is I love you. I mean it." I can hear our heart beat.

"and well, bad news is you cannot reject me.never." she chuckles again, and hits me.

"What's the last good news?" she asks me wonderingly.

"Last news is...Jung Wheein, I want to marry you." she sobs harder, and I pull her even closer before saying further "Thanks for being there for me in the dark when no one else would. Thanks for accepting me on who I was or who I am because I will continue to be a fool for you, only you. Thanks for never giving up on me. Thanks for being the start that lit up my life again. Will you marry me, Jung Wheein?" 

 

I put all of my courage to say these words that I've been keeping in my mind for these 4 years. The rest become the best things that ever happen in my life because she says yes.

 

Thanks for never letting go of me. 

 

---

"I met you in the dark
You lit me up
You made me feel as though 

I was enough

 

 


Author Note: 
Soooo...that's it! 
It's a wrap for the fic! It's been a great challenge so far, actually! I have put quite more serious commitment to write this fic than other fics I work on. I'd forever treasure this 💖 
Thanks to those who subscribe, and upvote 😍 I-I-I love you 😍
*Shyyyy*
Do not hesitate to leave some comments, hehe 😊
I'm such a trash for Wheebyul by the way if you haven't noticed 💖

Feel free to check out my other works 😉
1. Unnie, I Love You (my first first fic)
Pairing: Wheesun | Link
2. MAMAMOO's Chatroom 
Pairing: OT4 | Link
3. MAMAMOO: Love Shots
Pairing: Any OTP, lol | Link

💖 💖 💖