Chapter 4

Say You Won't Let Go

 

"Just be yourself today, ok?" Yongsun whispered to Moonbyul as she helped Moonbyul dressing up today for the meeting. Moonbyul didn't know that Yongsun fired Taehyung that morning. She wanted him to be far away. 

 

After they done dressing up, Yongsun and Moonbyul went into the car and it took them to SM building. As Yongsun arrived, she linked arm with Moonbyul - as if to let people know that they are married. Once they got into the building, every staff's eyes were on them because this would be the first time that they walked hand in hand infront of the employee. They only met Yongsun, but not really Moonbyul - the only heir of The Moon Family. 

 

As they took the seat in the conference room, Moonbyul was nervous for a fact that this is her first time being in the room with many strangers dressing in formal way, and they were looking at her wonderingly. There's also camera flashing as well. 

 

"Dear board, I understand that this meeting is for the nomination of the new CEO for SM entertainment; however, I would like to disclosure some important information of every one of you to know about. It's an important information that would even lead us to make SM go down." Yongsun stood up on the platform, and spoke to the board who were the most important stakeholders of the company, and also the main decision-makers. The reporters were taking photo nonstop as they knew that something unusual would happen very soon.

 

"Please do present us, Mrs. Moon." The chairman raised his hand meaning to allow Yongsun to elaborate them more. 

 

"Initially, today is supposed to be the day where we officially assign the heir from The Moon Family to be the new CEO of SM, right? However, I would like to bring out the light to the truth. Personally speaking, it's really dangerous to assign my wife to be the CEO of SM due to the fact . . . she has Intellectual Disability. I'm pretty sure Mr. Moon never mentioned about this to the board because he would afraid to let you down; however, it shall never been neglected." Yongsun could hear the whole board members were shocked as they were mumbling to each other and looked at Moonbyul altogether. The reporters focus their camera and took photo of Moonbyul. 

 

"Prove us!" The chairman raised his voice in disbelief.

 

"Sure." Yongsun then looked at Moonbyul "Moonbyul, can you introduce yourself?"

 

The next thing happened was Moonbyul casually introduce herself normally - but the board could tell already that what Yongsun said was the truth. They were still shocked the learn the truth that was hidden for years. 

 

"That's very unfortunate. so what's your proposal, Mrs. Moon?" 

 

Yongsun smirked, and she's ready to roll the meeting. She then started presenting about her strategic plan for the company to gain the trust from the board - to let them put their belief in her ability to take control of SM. As they listened to the presentation, they certainly believed in Yongsun as she had already shown her work for these path few months, and also she's the only potential candidate for the important role given. 

 

As Yongsun was presenting, there's a woman was standing outside of the room - looking through the window. It's Hyejin. She felt worried of whatever that was about to happen. Even though at the end, Yongsun might make it but she's still worried about Moonbyul. What is she going to do. 

 

The meeting was ended in the way that Yongsun wanted. The board voted yes for her proposal with 100% confidence. Threfore, she's now assigned as the new CEO offcially for SM Entertainment. She had everything to be happy now. She came out of the conference room linking arm with Moonbyul sweetly. Moonbyul, on the other hand, thought it's a good thing and she couldn't stop smiling. Soon when they reached the CEO room, Yongsun stopped linking her arm and talked straight to her desk - taking out some document. 

 

"Byul, can you sign on this? and this?" she handed out 2 documentss, and Moonbyul just signed without any hesitation. Just signing would not hurt, right? as long as she was able to get married with Wheein, that's all she care about. Little did she know, the 2 documents were deed and divorce form. "Good girl." she patted Moonbyul's head after she finished signing those documents. 

 

Afterward they rode the same car to go back home. As they reached there, Moonbyul saw her staff infront of the mansion. Surprised, she was taken back when she got out of the car. Yongsun was following behind her with an evil grin. 

 

"Isn't that my stuff? why are they here?" Moonbyul kneeled on the ground to touch her stuffs - luggage and stuffed animals.

 

"Moonbyul, you can live outside the house now. Don't you always want that?" 

 

"No. I want to live here . . . "

 

"You can't."

 

"Why?"

 

"The house belonged to me now, and I don't want you here." Yongsun walked into the mansion alone, as she signalled a new butler to take care of Moonbyul - making sure she was not entering the house. 

 

"Yong! I want to go in!" Moonbyul kept shouting for her wife, but there's no response. The guy didn't let her go in the house at all, and he even pushed her to the ground. 

 

Just like magic, Taehyung appeared on the road. He ran toward Moonbyul, and he pushed the new butler off Moonbyul. 

 

"Don't you dare touching my noona!" The new butler turned back, and went inside the mansion.

 

Moonbyul was sitting the ground and crying at Taehyung. Taehyung kneeled to hug her. Why is this happening. 

 

"Taehyung-ah! I want to go in!"

 

"Noona. . . we cannot go in anymore . . ." 

 

Taehyung then decided to call to Wheein for help. He knew that she's now the most trustworthy person they can trust in this situation. As he explained via the phone, Wheein was shocked to hear about that. Taehyung asked her for a favor - to let Moonbyul stay with Wheein for now. Wheein didn't hesitate at all. 

 

Taehyung took Moonbyul to Wheein by riding taxi. In the taxi, Moonbyul kept crying out her painful feeling. As soon as they reached the road, Wheein was downstair - ready to come over and help Moonbyul & Taehyung. 

 

Wheein ran to Moonbyul as she came out of the taxi. Wheein hugged her tightly that even Wheein herself started crying. How could this happen to an innocent person like Moonbyul.

 

"Unnie . . . are you alright?" Wheein sobbed hard while still hugging the girl.

 

"I - I am not . . ." Moonbyul then lose her consciousness and fell on the ground. Luckily, Wheein was there to support her. Moonbyul was too tired from crying all day long to the point where she even fainted. 

 

Taehyung lifted Moonbyul into his arm, and went to Wheein's rooftop studio. As if the sky knew what's happening, it started raining so hard that evening. Wheein on the other hand took care of the luggage and stuffed animals that were precious to Moonbyul. She knew the girl couldn't live without it, but the girl herself didn't seem to be alive at the moment. 

 

As they reached the rooftop, Taehyung put Moonbyul on the bed. He tucked her in, and helped Wheein with packing. Wheein didn't say anything at all. 

 

"Taehyung . . . what's exactly happening?" Wheein looked at him fondly. 

 

". . . we got kicked out . . ." Taehyung seemed solemn as he also couldn't believe what's happened. 

 

"I mean . . . why did Yongsun unnie do this to you guys?" 

 

"That's a long story, but I can tell you . . . " he started explaining her everything from what he knows since he was raised into The Moon Family. He also told her about Yongsun's family, and how they got married. He was also frustrated while sharing this. He couldn't believe how harsh Yongsun was. 

 

After hearing the stories, Wheein strangely didn't hate Yongsun at all. She understood the motive behind on why Yongsun held so much hatred toward The Moon Family. She felt pity toward Yongsun instead. It's starting from her father's fault, not hers. But still, Wheein found Yongsun harsh for taking it this far, and kick Moonbyul out of the house, not to mention that they were once married. 

 

As the night grew darker, Taehyung bade goodbye to Wheein and once again, he thanked her for helping Moonbyul. He took a leave, and there's only Wheein and Moonbyul in the studio now. Wheein sat on the bed near Moonbyul, and she caressed Moonbyul's face in a painful way. She's hurt to see Moonbyul suffered from this. She didn't deserve this.

 

The next morning came, Moonbyul woke up to see Wheein by her side. She looked aorund the room, and she learned that it's her room anymore. Right there, she was attacked by emotional breakdown. She covered her face with her hands - clearly sobbing. Wheein then awake by the sound, and she saw the sobbing figure. She patted her shoulder lightly. 

 

"Unnie . . . please be ok." 

 

Moonbyul refused to eat for the whole day. She kept staying on the bed - either crying or sleeping. Wheein tried to feed her food, but the girl would push her hands away and not willing to eat at all. Moonbyul was stubborn. She didn't let out a word, and didn't eat anything till night time. She's trying to starve herself. She's wishing that Yongsun would take her back. Just like that, another day had passed. 

 

Moonbyul tried to refuse food again another day no matter how hard Wheein begged her to eat. She kept shaking her head signalling that she would not eat even though she knew that she's hungry. Looking at the clock, it's already 8PM once again. It's been almost 2 days that Moonbyul refuse to eat food. Wheein felt very worried about her well-being. 

 

"Unnie . . . please eat." 

 

"no. . . I am not hungry." 

 

"You are killing yourself." 

 

"I am ok!" 

 

Wheein tried her best to beg, yet she still failed to do so. She felt hurt for Moonbyul that there were tears rolling down her cheeks. Moonbyul was surprised by the sight. She's never seen Wheein cried before, especially because of her.

 

"W-Wheein . . . are you hurt?" She didn't hear a response, but only a crying sound from Wheein. She asked the girl again "Are you hurt because of me?" 

 

"Unnie . . . I beg you to eat. You need to live, you need to be strong." 

 

"Will you be happy if I eat?" 

 

"I will be happy, unnie . . . so please eat!"

 

"I will eat and do anything for you then." Moonbyul indeed was a fool for love. Even though she's stubborn, she couldn't stand a sight of loved one crying because of her. Moonbyul then started eating as Wheein feeded her. 

 

Starting from that time, Moonbyul would listen to Wheein. She wanted to be strong for Wheein too since she didn't want to upset Wheein. Even though she was not happy, she knew Wheein's still here for her during dark hours. There and then, Moonbyul's condition started to become better. Sometimes she smiled, but she was still suffering internally.

 

They spent time differently despite living in the same place. Moonbyul would either sleep or watch TV soullessly. Wheein on the other hand still kept her job as a nanny - making Moonbyul are taking enough nutrition as a human-being. It's been a quite a long time since she last saw Moonbyul's bright smile, and she missed that. As they spent more time together, Moonbyul barely smiled anymore.

 

One night, they ran out of food as Wheein only stayed in the home to accompany Moonbyul for these few days. Wheein wanted to buy more supplies.

 

"Unnie, I am going to buy us food. Can you stay here alone for a while?" Wheein was looking for a purse, and get ready to leave to the grocery store. 

 

"Yes I can." Moonbyul replied back while watching TV. 

 

As Wheein left, Moonbyul somehow felt uneasy for no reason to be alone. She felt unsafe to be alone as her heart beat fast. She's afraid that something bad would happen to Wheein. So she stormed out of the room to follow Wheein. 

 

Wheein was buying ingredient to make kimbap, and as she's done paying she walked out. On the way back to her home, there's a crowd infrond of her. From a far look, she could see a car was crashing into something on the road . . . the crowd was surrounding a figure

.

.

.

.

.

.

she walked in to take a closer look

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It's a familiar figure

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
she gasped

 

"no! no way!"

 

It's Moonbyul. Moonbyul's body was laying on the ground with blood all over her body. Wheein ran in to held the poor girl "No! No! this is not happening!" she turned to the crown "Somebody please call the ambulance!" and she saw people started tapping their phone to make a call, and she looked at the poor figure in the arm that she was holding "Unnie . . . please be strong . . . you can make it . . . . please please . . . . I-I love you . . . please stay alive . . . for me . . . please " she held her closer as she started to sob at the lifeless body.

 

 

New York, U.S

 

A young man was seen sitting in his office focusing on his computer, and then suddenly his assistant came in urgently into this office while still catching his breath. 

 

"Hyung! Hyung! I have something important to tell you!" 

 

"What is it, Baekhyun? I swear if it's not important, I'll kill you." he rolled his eyes as this was the 25th time that his lousy assistant barged his office without knocking today.

 

"I swear this is super duper important! Read this newspaper, hyung and you will see why!!" Baekhyun put a newspaper on his desk, and he took it to read.

 

The headline showed "SM Entertainment just assigned the new CEO, and here's the ugly truth behind The Moon Family". He read the article silently and then hit the desk with his fist loudly - it was loud enough to startle Baekhyun. 

 

"And there's a voice message sent from Korea! It's for you too!" 

 

"Minseok Hyung, this is Taehyung. I know you distant yourself from the family, but please hyung . . . can you come back for us? The Kim Family is taking their revenge now . . . and Moonbyul noona is suffering in the hospital now . . . "

 

"Once a traitor, and still a traitor. Kim Yongsun, I will not let you off this time!" 

 

"What are you going to do now, hyung?" 

 

"Book me a flight to Korea tonight." as his eyes were still glaring at the newspaper. He thought to himself, how could his grandfather trust a traitor's daughter . . .