Sandra

Menboong (Mental Breakdown)

“Choi Medical Center”

 

Sandara read the words to herself. After meeting Bom, she didn’t know what to do for the rest of the day so she decided to take a stroll, only to get to one of those places she really didn’t want to visit. She clicked her tongue and scratched her head.

 

“This is my second day back home and I’ve been in two hospitals already”

 

She looked around before entering the familiar building.

 

“Must as well visit the old man”

 

She walked around the lobby and rode an escalator to the second floor where the doctor’s clinic are.

 

“Doctor Kim, Doctor Jung, Doctor Baek, Prof. Kang, Prof. Song…”

 

She continued reciting the door tags as she strolls.

 

“Aigoo~ what am I doing here again?”

 

She stopped on her tracks, closing her eyes.

 

“This is a bad idea Sandara! Go back!”

 

She scolded herself, taking a step back to leave.

 

“Sandra?”

 

A familiar voice called her making her stop in her tracks.

 

“Sandra? Is that you?’

 

She chuckled to herself. There is only one person who would call her that. She smiled before turning her direction.

 

“You still can’t pronounce my name right, can’t you samchoon?”

 

“Omo! It is you!”

 

She ran towards him and hugged the old man.

 

“Aigoo! I thought I was hallucinating!”

 

He chuckled a hearty laugh. Sandara broke the hug and bowed.

 

“Annyeong! Nice to meet you again Dr. Choi.”

 

“Aigoo~”

 

He chuckled, patting her hair.

 

“When did you come back?”

 

“Last night”

 

“Chinja? Bom told me you were in London.”

 

“Deh~ I studied there for a while”

 

They paused for a while when a group of doctors having their rounds passed by them.

 

“Good morning Mr. President”

 

The doctors chorused, bowing simultaneously. The old man nodded and told them to go their way.

 

“Samchoon, you still haven’t retired?”

 

She asked, teasing him. She linked her arms with him and they both walked towards the elevator.

 

“Should I?”

 

“Kekeke! Aniyo! You’re still young samchoon.”

 

“Aigoo~ but I do think I should retire”

 

They both laughed and waited for the elevator to arrived at the top floor.

 

- - - -

 

“Okay, now take a deep breath”

 

Dara inhaled and waited. Dr. Choi nodded in satisfaction and returned to his seat. He took off his stethoscope and wrote something on her chart. Sandara smiled and looked around. 5 years ago, whenever she would have her check ups, she would cry non stop because of the series of injections. Doctors would tell her what is wrong with her but the medications doesn’t seem to help her. That is when Dr. Choi In Ho, a family friend of theirs, decided to step in when he saw her lying on a dark hotel lobby. Ever since then, he became her doctor and her favorite uncle.

 

“Sandra, do you still experience numbness?”

 

“Huh?”

 

Her thoughts went back to last night.

 

“Just when I am tired samchoon. Not a big deal”

 

The old man adjusted his eyeglasses.

 

“If you feel anything, you could always contact me arrasso? Especially now that you are back”

 

She looked at him and she knew what he meant. She was about to answer when a knock on the door came.

 

“Come in”

 

A tall, handsome, dark haired guy in a doctor’s uniform entered with a sheepish grin.

 

“Oppa!”

 

She heard herself say before jumping to hug him.

 

“Aigoo! Our little tokki is back!”

 

The guy chuckled, hugging her back.

 

“I missed you Dong Wook oppa!”

 

She felt her eyes water.

 

“I think you two have a lot of catching up to do. I’ll tell nurse Gong to cancel all your afternoon appointments”

 

They broke their hug and Dong Wook nodded.

 

“Thanks dad.”

 

- - - -

 

“Here”

 

Dong Wook gave him a bottle of juice from the vending machine. She accepted  it and took a drink.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want anything else? We could drive to a restaurant if you want”

 

She shook her head.

 

“Aniyo~ I just ate with Bom.”

 

“Ah. So you met the Bominator?”

 

They both chuckled.

 

“Ever since she got famous, I heard she’s been nothing but a headache to your family. I even heard that her mother threatened to cancel her from the family registry.”  

 

“Aigoo~ you know how our family treasured peace more than anything else. Besides, when they told Bom to major in Arts, what they want her to do was to play classical music. Not become a pop artist like she is today. They found that degrading. Besides, she is just rebelling. She hates being controlled”

 

“She once told me that she envies you being casted away”

 

“What? That idiot! How could she be envious about something like that?!”

 

Dong Wook smirked and took a drink.

 

“By the way oppa, where is Tabi?”

 

“Oh that fatso?”

 

“Yah~ how could you still call him that? You’re still really insensitive”

 

“That’s not true”

 

“You still call me Tokki! Bom a Bominator and Tabi a fatso!”

 

She pointed a finger at him faking a hurt expression.

 

“He doesn’t like you calling him Tabi too.”

 

Dong Wook argued, flicking her forehead.

 

“Ouch!”

 

She gasped, massaging her forehead.

 

“But it’s cute! Not like yours! You’re just plain mean!”

 

Dong Wook laughed.

 

“I remember when you and my brother used to chant brace girl, brace girl repeatedly at school. Kids would join you since the two of you were popular”

 

She folded her arms, annoyed at the memory.

 

“And I remember Bom whooping our asses off whenever we tease you”

 

His shoulders were shaking from laughing. Dara looked at him and joined.

 

“Aigoo~ I miss  those times”

 

“Really?”

 

Dong Wook faced her with raised brows. She stopped laughing and cleared .

 

“O-of course. I mean, you guys were there so it wasn’t really that bad of a memory”

 

She heard him sigh. He walked to a trash can and throw his emptied canned juice.

 

“Do you want to see Seung Hyun?”

 

Her ears perked and her face brightened.

 

“Yes!”

 

“Good. He is here with his friend. Let’s go.”

 

She walked with him to the elevator.

 

“Aigoo~ I wonder if he still remembers me?”


Authornim: 

Wassup! Sorry for the late update! So can you guess what is Sandara's sickness? And why does everyone tells her to go back? Anyway, I hope you like this chapter! Thank you for reading and subbing! *finger heart*