Hungry, Tired and Lost

Menboong (Mental Breakdown)

“Um, I am sure this is the right way...”

Sandara trailed as she scroll down her phone. She has been walking around the blocks trying to find her brother’s apartment for hours. She’s been following the GPS map for sometime now but she couldn’t find that one familiar building.

“Man! Teddy oppa will kill me for sure! I should just have let him fetch me at the airport! Geez Sandara! Why do you always get lost?!”

Fuming, she kicked her trolley bag but it fell on her right foot instead.

“AWWWW SHIIIIITTTT”

She cried jumping around in pain.

“AWWWWW”

She crouched down blowing air on her foot. She felt like crying. She’s tired, hungry and is lost. She couldn’t believe she is lost in her own hometown.

“This is understandable” she assured herself. “I wasn’t here for the past 5 years so a lot has changed. I’m just gonna have to walk around some more until I find oppa’s apartment.”

She stood up feeling more determined this time.

“But first, I have to find some convenience store. I am hungry.”

She sigh feeling her stomach rumble.

 

-------------

 

“Ahjussi, do you know where this is?”

Sandara showed her phone to the convenience store owner while paying for her cup of noodles. The owner looked at her with raised brows but answered her anyway.

“Walk straight from here then turn right at the crossing then left then straight then right.”

He was waving his hands all around not really looking at Sandara. She felt like a fly he wanted to swat.

“Whoa~ ahjussi! Do you expect me to follow those?”

“It’s easy!”

“Aniyo! Write it down!”

“Yah! Are you ordering me around?!”

The old man barked making her jerk in surprise. She clicked her tongue and folded her arms. In Europe, she would have already yelled in anger but since she’s home now, she needs to calm down and do this the right way. The aegyo way.

“Ahjuuusshiii”

She called again in a sweeter girly voice. The old man looked up at her with a poker face.

“Jebal, can you please write down the direction. I’m sorry if I am pestering you. Pweaseeee”

She added whilst batting her eyelashes. She wanted to puke right now. She can’t believe she is doing this. Her brother will laugh at her for sure. She has zero aegyo in her system and she wonders if the old man will take the bait.

“YAH!”

The old man yelled at her again this time slamming a piece of paper on the table.

“There is your direction! Now go away! You are scaring me! What is with your eyes?”

He copied Sandara’s battling of eyelashes that looks like someone who is having a seizure.

“Are you sick? Get yourself a doctor!” He yelled shooing her away.

Sandara was dumbfounded. She just stood there for a moment biting her lips so that she could not retort.

“Deh”

She bowed forcefully.

 “Thank you”

She added grabbing the paper with force before stomping off the convenience store. With her trolley in one hand and her cup of noodles and direction on another, she kicked the stand sign of the convenience store before running for her life.

“YAAAAAAHHHHHH”

She heard the old man yell but she didn’t care. How dare him ridicule her aegyo.

 

-----

 

Since she ran off the store, she forgot to put hot water on her noodles. Good thing she found a stall which sells soju on the streets. She asked the ahjumma for hot water and even ordered herself a bottle of soju.

“Ahhh”

She cried in delight after taking a shot of the liquor.

“This is the life! Hmm”

She slurped on some noodles while letting out a sigh of delight again.

“Omo! What time is it anyway?”

She looked at her watch and cringed.

“Aigoo. Teddy oppa must be going crazy now. I should text him.” She took out her phone but decided not to.

“I’ll get there soon anyway. Let him wait. Kekeke”

She was about to take another shot of her soju when a guy suddenly fell on top of her table. She was about to yell in anger because her noodles and soju were wasted but then she realizes the commotion around her. Tables and chairs were flying and a number of guys were fighting with each other. She was frozen in her chair not really knowing what to do. The guy who fell on her table is unconscious and has blood gashing out of his head.

“Y-yahh”

She poked his head lightly but the guy didn’t budge. She was about to reach her hand to his head when she saw a guy with a knife coming towards him. Her eyes almost fell off their sockets when she realizes what is about to happen. The guy charged towards him and she heard someone yell behind her.

“NO!”

 

Without realizing what she is doing, she stood up, picked up her chair and slammed it on the guy’s head.  He scrambled back and cried in pain. His left eye is bloody. One of the chair’s leg must have hit it.

“!”

The guy yelled and turned his attention to her.

“YOU ARE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS!”

He yelled charging at her. Her eyes grew in panic and felt herself froze in place.

“Nooo!”

 She cried in her thoughts.

“I just got back home!” 

She closed her eyes and waited for the impact but instead, she felt someone pull her down in the last minute. Her eyes flew open and she saw someone tackle the guy with the knife. She heard bottles being smashed and some more screaming before finally, a police sirene.

“Idiot”

She heard someone say beside her. She realizes she was holding her breath so she swallowed hard before turning her face.

“You are an idiot”

Her eyes grew wild for the nth time for that night when she realizes that the guy with the wound on his head was the one who pulled her down. His face is already covered in blood. They made eye contact before he lost consciousness again, making her scream her lungs out.

She was hungry, tired and lost. She just wanted to go home.

 

 

 

 


Authornim:

Wassup! So I decided to visit Asianfanfics again after years of hiatus. I got jealous of the others for their wonderful stories so I decided I’ll try to write too. I’ve been in AFF since 2010 I think but kept changing my username. I used to have a lot of friends here and been a founder of quite a handful of rps but because being an adult , I decided to be more focus in real life. BUUTTT I missed AFF. I missed having virtual chingus. Anyway, I hope you guys like this first chapter. I don’t know how to do this story but I’ll try to work the plot chapter by chapter okay? And I’m thinking of making another rp. If you guys want to help, you can contact me. There are a lot of new things here in AFF and I’ll be glad if anyone could help me around.

I’ll give shout outs to my commentors on the next chapter. *finger heart*