Your Hero

Miracle of Love - Changmin

Hours ticked by as you slept on the carpet, little did you know that Changmin had pulled in front of your apartment and was making his way up to your front door. Adjusting his collar around his neck, he undid a button or two as he held some grocery bags and his duffel back containing in his practice clothes, in his hands along with a bouquet of your favorite flowers. Taking one more look over himself in the reflection of his phone, he gently knocked the back of his knuckles against your black colored door. Hearing his light knocks echo through your apartment, he waited a moment as the anticipation of seeing you caused his heart to pick up.

A few minutes ticked by before he leaned forward and pressed his ear to the door, knocking with a little heavier hand, he called your name and kept his ear close to the door to try and pick up any moment that might be going on inside.

Without another reply, he backed away from the door and slid his free hand into his pocket, grasping the key chain filled with keys, pulling out the ring of keys, he thumbed through the different sized and colored keys on the ring before find the one that matched with your front door.

Slipping the key into the doorknob, he carefully twisted the key and then twisted the opened handle as he called your name softly.

“_______, I’m going to come in okay?” He made his entrance as he closed the door behind him, locking the door behind him, he slid the keys back into his pocket before he moved into your kitchen to place the bags down on the countertop.

Grabbing a vase from one of the tall cabinets, he filled the glass vase with some water before placing your flowers in the water. Beginning to put away some of the groceries and treats that he bought, he hummed to a soft tune one of your favorites songs. Repeating the song twice even three times, he began to wonder where you were since you usually hummed along.

Finishing the song for the fourth time and putting away all of the groceries, Changmin began to grow increasingly worried over you. Balling up the plastic bags and tossing them underneath the sink, his eyes passed over the large windows seeing the sun start to slowly dip lower into the sky.

“_______” Changmin called your name in hopes that you would answer as he continually moved throughout your abode, starting at one side of your apartment he began searching in your laundry room. Then moving into the guest bedroom, he headed out to the guest bathroom, then the living room and kitchen.

“________, sweetheart?” Changmin’s pace began to increase rapidly as he only had a few other places to search for you before you were nowhere to be seen.

Hearing a pair of knuckles knock on your door, you hummed softly as your eyes slowly opened. The hinges alerted you that someone was entering as you tried to focus your eyes to the stranger.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” Changmin’s voice called to you as your eyes finally focused at his trotting form before he knelt down next to you and pressed his hands into the carpet on either side of your shoulders as you slowly rolled over onto your back. “What happened?”

Letting your mind awaken and slowly catch up to the present, you just peered into his beautiful brown eyes as he allowed you to take your time. Brushing his finger across your forehead, he tucked some jostled hair behind your ear.

“I-I was trying to walk to the bed… without my cane” You told him, your eyes turning away from his towards the end while your voice slowly tapered off.

“How long have you been on the floor?” Changmin smiled down at you lovingly as his smile pulled on his perfect lips, a light chuckle lining his words.

“Well… what time is it?” You answered his question with a question causing Changmin to laugh lightly at your cuteness.

“Almost four in the afternoon” He told you checking the slightly loose fitting watch around his left wrist.

Blush filled your cheeks as you knew just how long you had been asleep. A grumbling of your stomach filled the silence between the two of you as your hands pressed into your hallowed stomach.

“Sounds like you haven’t eaten yet either” Changmin planted a soft kiss onto your head, letting his lips linger on your skin.

Pushing himself upright, he stood over you with a smile, his hands outreached as they beckoned you to take hold of them. Lifting your hands up to his, your wrapped your fingers around his hands as you nodded to him that you were ready. Pulling you up slowly, you tightened some muscles while you relaxed others to help him as his toes pressed down on yours to keep your feet planted. Once you were mostly upright, he wrapped his arm around you and pulled you against him as his other arm placed your arms around his neck.

“Let’s go feed that hungry monster” Changmin smiled as he gently released your feet from underneath his. Scooping you up into his arms, you adjusted your arms around his shoulders as your head rested on his broad and strong shoulders.