Miracle of Love

Miracle of Love - Changmin

Pressing a sweet kiss up against your temple, he carefully walked out of your bedroom, turning sideways to fit through the door, he carefully maneuvered through the doorway as he padded across the floor and moved into the kitchen. Setting you on the countertop, he untangled his arms from you as he looked into your eyes sweetly.

“What would conquer the monster of hunger?” Changmin’s hands rested on either side of you, leaning in close and taking in your beautiful eyes that he has missed so much.

Giggling at his cute tone and word choice, you named off a few things that sounded good to you and your grumbling stomach. Without a second thought, Changmin made your requests to your liking and carried a plate over to the table as you looked over at the table and then down at the ground seeing the drop below.

Changmin glanced over at you seeing your grip tighten around the edge of the countertop. Observing you for a moment, he slowly made his way over beside you and hopped up on the counter beside you.

“Would you rather we eat the food here?” He questioned in a soft and gentle tone, nodding your head slowly, Changmin brushed his hand against yours before he slipped from the counter and grabbed your food and carried it over to you.

Placing the plate on the countertop next to you, he brushed back some fallen hair from your eyes, “Anything else I can do for you, my love?”

Shaking your head gently, you reached over with one of your hands and picked up the fork that had some food all ready for you to eat. Lifting it slowly up to your mouth, Changmin smiled as he rubbed your leg with a light touch, unsure of how much pain you were in today.

“I’m going to go wash my practice clothes, call me if you need anything” Changmin told you as you nodded in agreement.

Walking away from you, Changmin headed back over to the front door where he dropped his bag when he first entered. Grasping the handles on the bag he looked back over at you eating slowly. A sweet smile curled his lips as his heart beat faster at all of the happiness that you bring him. Feeling the love for you in his heart, he carefully walked across the apartment to your laundry room and placed his load into the washing machine, pouring in some soap and pressing the buttons as to what he wanted the machine to perform, he closed the lid and looked out at you through the slight opening of the cracked open door.

Little did he know that silent tears were trickling down your face, thoughts running through your mind about him and your condition were pulling you down into a dark place. Taking in a ragged breath along with a hitch from your tears, you lifted your hand up and wiped away your pouring tears as you placed your fork back down on the plate and buried your head in your hands.

Keeping an eye on you, Changmin’s heart dropped, seeing you lean forward, your head in your hands, his heart began to sink to his stomach. Wondering what could be running through your mind, he slowly exited the laundry room and closed the door quietly before him as your soft whimpers and sniffles filled the quiet apartment.

Changmin slowly shuffled over to you again, feeling his presence before you, you kept your head in your hands before his thumb brushed lightly over your arm.

“Do you need anything, sweetheart?” He questioned wondering if there is anything that he could do for you.

Removing your hands from your face, you reached out and grabbed his black t shirt and gently tugged the fabric towards you. Stepping forward with your gentle gesture for him to come closer to you, your arms slowly slid around his torso and pulled him against you. Gently placing his hands on your back, he was careful not to trigger more pain or pressure on you as he kissed your head that you gently pressed against his chest. Listening to his steady heart that kept a steady and even beat.

“You don’t have to stay if you don’t want to, I know this is hard on you too.” You told him, more tears spilling from your closed eyes. “I don’t want to hold you back… you are a wonderful man and you deserve someone who you can go out with, who you can dance with, who can spoil and take care of you the way that you deserve to be…”

Changmin’s grip around you tightened slightly as his heart began to pick up pace as you felt him adjust his head to rest lightly against yours.

“Even out of all of the other possible girls that I could be with right now, they don’t compare to you, they haven’t in the past and they never will. You are a strong woman, stronger than you think. None of those things would matter, if I wasn’t doing them with you.” Changmin whispered, tears of his own pooling in his eyes, “Sweetie, I love you with all my heart, I don’t want anyone else, I want you to have and to hold forever and always no matter what the future holds. I don’t want to share it with anyone else than the most beautiful woman that holds my heart, that does more for me than all that I can do for her.”

The two of you let the silence linger between the two of you, the weight of one another’s words sinking into your hearts as you just held Changmin closer to you.

“I don’t want you to have to live with all of this, all of my issues, carrying me if I can’t walk, helping me do this and that” You told him more tears pouring down your face. “I want you to slow dance with someone and not have to worry about them falling off the bed or falling down when they are alone in the house.”

“Babe” He pulled away, tilting your head up so that you could look him in the eyes, “I love you and I want to be with you forever, if that means that I don’t get to slow dance with a girl I can easily give that up because I can’t give you up. No matter if you were healed, I would still worry for you if not more than I do right now. I will never stop worrying, never stop loving nor stop wanting you to be mine.”

The truth of his words began to envelope your heart as you saw the truth and the deep emotions behind his beautiful brown eyes.

“I didn’t want you to leave… but I’ll let you go if you really want to” You told him, giving him one more chance to back out if he so chooses too.

“I’m more happy where I am right now” He whispered, his head gently resting against yours as you peered into his beautiful brown eyes.

Feeling a few thoughts slowly form in your mind, you slowly s your arms around him, knowing that he isn’t going anywhere. Resting your head on his chest, you heard his sure heart beating as your eyes slowly closed, the thoughts in your mind began to clear as one stood alone begging for your lips to speak.

“Changmin?” You whispered his name gently, feeling his head move you knew that he was looking down at you as his gentle and loving touch gently rubbed against your back telling you to say what is on your mind. “I want to walk again… I want to be able to slow dance with you.”

His touch softened on you as you felt his warm lips press against your temple. “If that is what you would like, love. Then I will help you achieve it.”

“I do… I just don’t know how…” You told him honestly, your fingers brushing over the fabric of his shirt.

Silence began to fill the room as the two of you began to think on how to make your goals achievable. Feeling Changmin pull away, you sat slowly upright as he lifted your chin with his curled finger.

“I have an idea” He whispered, a sweet smile curling on his lips, “It is going to take some trust though.”