GUMIHO (BOM & SEHUN & LUHAN)

My 2nexo Archive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Characters

 

BOM - Nine-tailed fox demon. Her past is unknown. Luhan found her when she was a little girl and took her to Kaonashi witch. He left her in the witch’s care and whenever he visited her cottage in the Sacred Forest Bom wouldn’t leave his side.

 


 

LUHAN - Around thousand years old demon. There’s not many of his kind on Earth anymore. He’s a pure blood demon, a skin changer who’s able to take on any form. Bom is like a sister to him… or a least he thinks like that.

 


 

SEHUN - He’s 21 years old university student who’ll get involved with the spirit/demon world because of his father’s madness.

 

Foreword

 

SEHUN

“Sehun-ah where have you been?” my father asked me when I entered his so called ‘lab’. Firstly I could only see computer screen’s reflection in his glasses but when he leaned closer to me I saw haw his eyes flashed with madness. His grasp around my wrist began to tighten.

“What is wrong with you, huh?” I hissed and shoved him off me. I glanced at his desk. It was full of old books, rolled up papers, different kinds of devices and a really thick layer of dust. However cuts from various newspapers were what took my attention the most. “Two young man killed in suspiciously similar circumstances” “Beware. Heart-eater attacks again.” I read

“How long have you been in here?” I asked. “Did you eat?”

Nothing in this room was bonded with his job in any way. He’s a music teacher and lately he stared locking himself up in the basement. Suddenly I heard a noise behind my back. It was my father looking for something in the middle of that mess. After a minute he pulled out a black box, it somehow looked like an old phone.

“What the…” I asked when he put it in front of my face. It’s little light bulb was flashing with red light like crazy.

“This Sehun-ah, is made by me paranormal activity sensor.” He said and I burst out laughing. When I pushed his hand away he grabbed my collar.

“… what is that bizarre bull ? Dad, I think you need to rest or at least get some fresh air” I asked annoyed. Ever since my mother’s death he became a weirdo who embarrassed me at any occasion.

“Don’t talk to me like that!” he yelled pulled a trigger in that sensor. When he did my ears got hit by an awful noise. Something like a siren noise but much louder. I covered my ear and shouted telling him to turn it off.

“I can’t believe it…” my father mumbled after turning it off. He kept looking at the sensor as if it was a Holy Grail. “…after all this years. This is my chance…”

His eyes met mine. When he came closer and slid the sensor near my body I rolled up my eyes.

“Sehun-ah… now tell me where were you today? Tell me everything.”

 

LUHAN

“Thank you, oppa!” Bom clung onto my shoulder as we were walking side by side.

“Tch!” I hissed. Today I helped her to get into the university she wanted to enroll. I hypnotized a headmaster of that pathetic university so she could attend it without any problems, questions etc. She begged me to enroll with her but I simply laughed her off.

“Oppa… thank you for everything.” She said and kissed my cheek “I love you.”

“Oh please, you’re always saying that so lightly to everyone.” I hissed but still let her hug me. Bom always showed affection towards everyone and was able to befriend anyone. I was her shadow… A demon who lived hundreds of years, a demon who saw and regrets to much…

Years ago it was Bom who started following me. She was wandering alone and bare feet on the Ryu streets. (*Ryu – one of the spirit world cities)

“Eyyy…” she mumbled into my chest. People around us started staring at us. Some of the girls were pointing at Bom and whispering something between each other. From the distance I could hear them very clearly “Isn’t he handsome? Wohaa… it’s so sad that she’s clinging to him like that. He’s not even looking at her.” They laughed. So shallow and pitiful I thought.

At the same time I glanced at Bom. Her brown hair have grown so long. I thought and gently caressed her head.

“Oppa!” she looked me in the eyes surprised.

“What?” I asked a bit too harshly again.

“Thank you for this opportunity.” She pouted.

“Stop thanking me already.” I said and untied her hands wrapped behind my back. I started walking away from her. “I’m sure you’ll regret it soon.”

“Thanks to you I’ll be able to know humans better.” She said and run after me. I only nodded my head in disbelief. “Will you support me when I fall in love?” she suddenly asked. I stopped and she bumped into my back. What was that? I thought and touched my chest.

“Huh?” Bom asked and glanced at my face. “Is everything alright?”

“Tch… let’s get out of here. I have to get those damn contacts out of my eyes.” I hissed annoyed and she followed me… like she always did.

 

 

Chapter 1: Teasing you

 

 

BOM

I looked around, even though I could barely see anything in the darkness, trying to hone my hearing as much as possible. This evening I pursued Luhan to come to the park with me. Ever since we came to Soul he has been in a really bad mood. Today is actually the fifth time we came to the park. When I asked Luhan to come he surprisingly didn’t say no but that just must be because he loves teasing me. Luhan oppa knows all my weak points and in terms of being a demon I’m never going to equal with him. I know that he lived much longer than me but he never told anything whenever I asked about his past.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I heard two men in their thirties running about 30 meters away from me, a turned up radio in the taxi that drove near the park or a simple mice looking for food near the closest tree. I furrowed my eyebrows because Luhan couldn’t be heard anywhere. Last time he trained with me I heard him literally in the last second and for that for a whole day. Seems like tonight is not gonna be so easy.

Something stepped on a wooden stick on the left and I turned that way instantly. I slowly walked in that direction and felt my heartbeat speeding.

Suddenly I felt a hot breath on the back of my neck.

“Bo…” Luhan oppa whispered in my ear making my lose about 10 years of my life.

“Ah!” I screamed. My shock and embarrassment made my white, fox ears to pop out on my head and let’s not forget about my tail.

“!” I hissed while massaging my chest and trying to calm down.

“Hahaha!” Luhan laghed “So funny…” he added while holding his tummy.

“Oppa!”

“What? Last time you were lucky.” He said and came closer to me. His maroon eyes were twinkling in the moonlight. Seeing him so relaxed and somehow happy? made me feel all warm inside.

When he stopped and pulled out his hand near my face I almost stopped breathing. I wanted to grab it and cuddle my cheek inside of it.

How heartbroken I was when he grasped one of my ears and pinched it harshly.

“I bet you’re not gonna last a week in there.” He smirked.

“Why are you so rude?” I asked and shoved his hand off me.

“Rude? I’m simply telling you the truth. Just don’t come crying to me later.” He added and took out a pack of cigarettes. With one snap of his fingers few sparks lit his cigarette.

“Tch!” I hissed.

“What now?” Luhan asked after inhaling the smoke and blowing it out above his head.

“How can it be, huh?” I asked and took the pack of cigarettes out of his hand “You hate humans so much but still smoke that.” I said and crushed it in my hands.

He shook his head annoyed. “Maybe if you’ll meet those humans someone will finally teach you how to behave.” Luhan said and turned his back at me walking away.

“If that’s possible, you should go there with me.” I said and followed him. I could see him shaking his head again.

Still… he doesn’t know my whole purpose of coming to Soul. I told him that I wanted to live like those girls my age which I watched in dramas. Thankfully Kaonashi Grandma had a TV and I didn’t get bored whenever Luhan wasn’t visiting us. When I told him that he laughed me off, then got pissed and didn’t talk to me. After months of begging he finally agreed telling me that he has something to do in Soul and he can take me there.

All I wanted was to get out of the Sacred Forest and … be together with Luhan…


 

SEHUN

I woke up and turned off an alarm clock. It was 9AM and today was the last day to hand in all essential documents which were needed to let me study on the university my father chose for me.

I didn’t have a concept or any future plans after graduating from high school and he told me that I have to study otherwise he wants me to move out.

On my way to the bathroom I peeked inside his bedroom. He wasn’t here but in his lab for sure.

I dressed up in black jeans and a simple white t-shirt after taking a hot shower. Then thrown a black, leather jacket on and left the house.


 

I shook my head in disbelief after entering the campus. Learning was never my thing… It’s not like I was dumb. It’s rather that I was lazy.

And now here I am – supposedly willing to study Chemistry.

I sighed deeply and headed to the dean’s office. Everything went smooth in there. I still don’t know how was I accepted in here but… I’m sure that was cuz of my father’s connections. I thought after walking out of the office.

I yawned and bought coffee in one of the vending machines. It was so hot that I took of the lid to cool it faster. I wanted to walk to the closest table and take my time drinking it when someone bumped into me.

“Omo!” I heard a female voice.

“Damn it!” I cursed and as if in slow motion observed as half of the cup got spilled on that girls forearm.

“Ah!” she squealed surprised when I grabbed her other hand and dragged her to the females restroom. I the cold water and put her hand under the water stream.

“I’m so sorry…”I said and observed her forearm. Something was weird. Her white skin wasn’t even a bit red or hot in that place. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at her face for the first time. She gazed at me amused. Her eyes were so big and shiny I could see my reflection in them. She inclined her head left and bit her lower lip looking rather adorably than seductively.

“It’s alright.” She pulled out her hand out of my grasp and dried it with a paper towel. “Sorry for bumping in to you.” she said and was about to leave. All my words got stuck in my throat.

I stared at her backside like an idiot. She wore grey knee-high socks, a really short, dark blue shorts and a fluffy, white jersey. Her long, brown hair kept swaying from side to side.

..but isn’t a bit too hot to wear a beanie today?

 

BOM

Ottoke? That was my first talk with a male human. I squealed internally and slid my hand underneath the beanie.

“Assa!” My ears didn’t pop out! I jumped up and thrown hands in the air as a celebration. The people in the hallway stared at me as if I was a psycho.

Embarrassed I tried to cover my face and left the building immediately.

I saw Luhan smoking near the main gate. He dowsed his cigarette after seeing me coming.

“Oh… I thought you got lost.” Luhan smirked and pulled sunglasses out of his pocket. It’s because wearing contacts for too long hurts his eyes. He didn’t told me that but I could see him struggling.

Awareness that he might be doing all of this for me…makes me …happy


 

LUHAN

Seeing her staring admiringly at me, as if I gave her the best present in the history I had to do something. I patted her head a bit too harshly .

“No ears?” I asked her. “I’m disappointed.” I expected her to shove my hand away but she grabbed and kept holding it instead.

“I talked with a human.” she stated excitedly.

“Oh…” was I supposed to praise her for that? I leaned closer and inhaled her scent. Indeed there was another scent floating around her. I didn’t like it in any way.

“You stink.” I said with disgust and walked away.

“What? … ah!” she came hurriedly after me “Wait for me.” she moaned.

I stopped suddenly and she bumped into my back. Why teasing you feels so right to me? I thought after looking down on her.

She pouted and grabbed my arm, pulling me down the sidewalk.

“Thank you, oppa…” she said after a while.

“Tch… let’s get out of here. I have to get those damn contacts out of my eyes.” I hissed annoyed and she followed me… just like she always does.


 

*at SEHUN’s house*

“I’m home!” a man heard Sehun walking inside the house. He could also heard his footsteps on the stairs. Not even five seconds passed when the paranormal activity sensor light bulb started flashing with red light.

It’s stronger this time… the man thought after looking at its scale.

He walked to the only paining he had in his lab and then took it off the wall. When he typed few numbers the safe’s door opened. The man pulled out a box made of pure silver and placed it on the table. When he grabbed the thing that was inside a piece of material which was covering it slid off and fell on the floor.

His eyes reflected in the dagger’s blade.

 

Chapter 2: A demon

SEHUN

I was walking down the street in almost complete darkness. However something seemed off…or should I say unreal? Am I dreaming or what? I thought while looking around. As I slowly kept moving forward the street lamps behind me were turning off themselves. The situation I found myself was like straight from a horror movie but surprisingly I didn’t feel scared at all.

As time passed the air started getting colder and colder. My hands were freezing so I tried to warm them up with my hot breath. How much time have passed since I found myself on that damn street?

Thick as whipped cream fog appeared and wouldn’t stop moving higher until it reached my knees. My feet felt so heavy as if I was walking in a mud field.

Suddenly my surroundings changed. I was walking up the hill when the full moon came out of the dark clouds. I got blinded by its light. After rubbing the eyelids and getting back my vision it turned out that I was not alone in there.

I could see how the white fog parted when a huge shadow passed right next to me. It’s body slightly touched my hand while running near. What is it? A wolf?

My heart beat and breathing speeded up when I imagined how this thing rips my flesh apart. I gulped loudly when something growled in front of me.

Last thing I remember… were red eyes as big as my fist flashing few inches in front of my face.


 

Then I woke up.


 

BOM

“What should I wear today?” I asked after looking through the wardrobe. I was still amazed how Luhan oppa got all those clothes just for me. He even got my size perfectly. However I’m still sulking because of that… The clothes are perfect and all but when I asked him how was he able to do that.

“Do you think that I don’t have any other female friends than you?” was what he answered. “

I still can’t get over it. Whenever I imagine him with other women clinging to his shoulders or kissing him it makes my blood boil inside me.

I finally chose a red, checked mini dress and black knee high socks. I couldn’t contain my happiness after seeing my reflection in the mirror. Everything was perfect. I looked y but not trashy. I wore a short denim jacket on to complete the outfit. That way the only skin I showed was a bit of my tights between the skirt and socks.

“Perfect!” I squealed and run to the living room looking for Luhan. As expected I found him lying on the sofa with closed eyes.

“Oppa!” I stopped in front of him.

“What now?” he mumbled and didn’t even mind to look at me.

“I’m ready to go!” I added a bit less excited after his reaction.

“Alright, let’s go…” he sighed and stood up.

“You don’t have to go with me. I know the way so…” I started a bit depressed and headed to the door. I heard him walking right beside me.

“Yeah, yeah…” he replied with a changed voice. I made me frown so I turned around to face him. His red eyes were piercing right through me so I regretted doing that instantly.

“I can see that you’re not in the mood today…” I started when he was wearing on his black leather jacket “… it would be better if you let me go alone. I don’t want your annoyed face to ruin my first that at the university.”

He inclined his head while glaring at me.

“What’s up with that outfit?” Luhan asked out of a sudden and measured me from head to toes.

“Oh! Right, isn’t it great?! I put them together myself. Aren’t I cute like this?” I asked while showing him the same aegyo I saw in dramas.

I was surprised after seeing how he clenched his teeth.

“Ah!” I managed to squeal when he grasped my wrist and pulled me back to my room. Then he let go off me and literally started throwing all of the clothes out of my wardrobe.

“Yah!” I yelled at him.

“Here!” he said and reached out a long, black cardigan near my face. “Wear it!”

“Why?!” I whined after taking it from his hands “That’s the ugliest thing that was in there.”

“Wear it instead of that jacket and you can go otherwise… “ he said with arms crossed on his chest.

“Otherwise what?”

“I won’t let you got there.” He stated.

“Omo! Are you jealous maybe, that someone may get interested in me?” I asked and hit his arm playfully.

“Tch!” he hissed and added “Wear it!” right before slamming the door.

“I was just joking…” I tried to say but he already left.

I changed and looked at myself in the mirror again. This is hopeless... I look like a sack.

“Belt!” I shouted out of the blue. Thankfully I found one in the drawers. At least I pointed out my waist somehow. My image was rescued today. I sighed.

Luhan was waiting for me near the front door. He surely checked my outfit now but didn’t say anything and simply left the apartment. I had to run after him again…


 

LUHAN

I kept walking forward but still listened to her footsteps. She hesitated for a sec after I left her near the front door but followed me in the end.

I didn’t want to make her sad or angry today. It just turned out like this… Her dressing like that was a no, no for me.

“Aren’t I cute like this?” Bom’s cute face wouldn’t leave my mind. What’ve gotten into her today? “Are you jealous maybe that someone may get interested in me?”

“Tch! No one would be so dumb!” I mumbled pissed of even though I didn’t know why in the world did it make me so angry.

Both of us kept walking in silence until we reached the main gate of her university’s campus. Just like the last time our presence caused quite a stir among the other students, mostly female ones.

Why does she want to befriend them so much? I see nothing special in those humans…

“I have some things to do so… see you later.” I said and didn’t took my eyes away from Bom’s face even for a sec. She had no idea that I kept observing her so carefully because of my sunglasses. I wouldn’t miss any movement of her face muscles. She blinked few times after hearing what I said. Then her lips parted a bit as if she wanted to say something but she closed them quickly. I reached to my jacket’s inside pocket to pull a snapback out of there. She forgot to take her beanie today and I didn’t want to remind her about it because if my angriness.

Right when my hand grasped around it Bom squeezed her lips into a tight line.

“Yeah, see you later… I guess.” She stated with a sudden happy face “I’ll have tons of fun today so you go and have fun yourself.” Bom added and turned her back at me walking away.

This girl… I gnashed my teeth and then ripped pieces of a snapback fell on the ground.


 

SEHUN

After that weird dream I couldn’t focus on anything today. I was late for a first lecture I had this semester.

“Sehun-ah!” I heard when my hand grabbed the front door’s handle. Firstly I thought that I must’ve overheard but I was wrong. Dad stood in the middle of a corridor with a cup of coffee in his hand, dressed in his robe. His skin seemed to glow and that made his face seem younger than ever.

“Hi, dad.” I greeted him. “I’m late right now so… I should get going.” I pointed at the door with my thumb.

“I wanted to give you something.” He sad and walked closer to me. I sighed and watched how he started to look for something in his robe’s pocket.

“Dad… do you want me to get late for a first lecture?” I asked him.

“Here.” He said and reached out his fist towards me.

“What’s this?” I asked after taking it from him.

“Make me a favor and wear it starting today.” Was what he said.

“Are you kidding me? I was never a religious person…” I said and wanted to give that little, black cross necklace back to him.

“This is not about religion. “ he stated and took a sip of his coffee. “Make sure to wear it.” He said and disappeared in the kitchen.

“Whatever…” I mumbled and put it in my coat’s pocket.

I started my car’s engine and drove to the campus. I was in hurry and might’ve broke the law few times but luckily there were no police anywhere on my way.

As expected I entered the lecture hall ten minutes after it started. It was packed with people. Do so many people want to study Chemistry so badly? I sighed a bit annoyed when almost everyone turned their heads at me. The professor crossed arms on his chest and waited with his lecture until I found a place. Two girls with long, black, curly hair didn’t want to move and I had to go through them and cause another unnecessary commotion.

I don’t even know how but there were only girls around me. What’s more they wouldn’t stop giggling as I was passing by them.

Where the hell am I? I face palmed myself and sighed again.

Then I looked right, a girl near me winked and floated a kiss at me. I looked down and saw two girls whispering something between each other and giggling when our eyes met. Then I glanced left… and saw a familiar figure.

“Hey…” I whispered while leaning near her. She looked at me confused with the same big, glossy eyes I saw last time.

“Hi.” She slightly waved at me.

“Last time I didn’t even ask your name.” I whispered. She was so immersed in writing down everything the teacher said that short glances were everything what I could get from her.

“Yes, you didn’t.” she answered.

“So… are you going to tell me?” I asked her and touched her forearm with mine. She quickly moved her hand away.

“I’m Bom…” she answered not looking me in the eyes.

“Quiet please.” I heard the professor.

“I’m Sehun.” I whispered in her ear. She grasped it and blushed adorably. “Wanna be friends with me?” I asked while staring her in the eyes.

“I…” she mumbled confused.

“I want to somehow reward you for what happened last time when we met. How about coffee? My treat.” I added after seeing her hesitation.

“Coffee?” she asked confused. Damn, seems like she doesn’t like coffee?

“Or we could…” I started but…

“Young man!” I heard the professor’s voice “Yes, I’m talking to you!” he said when I looked at him. “If you want to talk then you shouldn’t be coming here in the first place. This is not the place for flirting so passionately. I want you to leave this hall…” he said and left me agape.

I stood up and bowed at him “I’m sorry, professor…”

“Goodbye Mrs.?” The teacher asked.

“Oh… Oh Sehun.” I answered and made my way to the door.

“Oh, I’ll remember that for sure.” He replied with a smirk on his face.

This is great! I hissed at myself.

I had nothing to do but simply wait till the next lecture and decided to wait for Bom in the end… She was the only one I knew in here and I felt as if there was already some chemistry between the two of us. If you know what I mean…

The class ended after an hour. Bom was one of the last ones who came out of the hall.

“Hi!” I tried to surprise her but she simply smiled at me when I walked her from behind.

“Hi, Oh Sehun.” She winked at me and I really liked how her lips moved with each letter she said.

“Are you free now?” I asked boldly.

“Free?” she pouted.

“Or do you have another lecture now?” I asked again.

“No…” she said after looking at the schedule “ I have a free period now.

“Then let’s eat something together.” I hope I didn’t sound desperate.

“Eat?” her eyes flashed with excitement. “Let’s go!”

“Great, I know an awesome place.” I said cockily.

“Why are you wearing so much of black today?” I asked when we left the building.

“Ehmmm… I don’t wanna talk about it.” Bom stated.

“Oh sorry, something bad happened?” I still wanted to know.

“Bad? You’re right. Today’s morning was pretty bad to me.” She replied after a while. “One person made me to dress like that.”

“Oh, couldn’t you say no?” I asked her.

“That’s not so easy as you think.” She said.

“Was it your mom or dad then?”

“No…”

“Then was it your boyfriend?”

“…”

“Oh, so you’re taken already…” I said a bit depressed.

“No! He was just a stupid friend who thinks he can rule everyone and everything!” she hissed unexpectedly.


 

BOM

I felt my blood boiling from only thinking about Luhan’s ignorance and coldness this morning. “I have things to do, blah, blah, blah…” It’s not like I’m stopping him from hanging around with his ‘friends’ but… if I smell female’s perfume on him….. He can dream of me talking to him tonight cuz I won’t be saying a single word to him.

“Heh, then he’s an idiot for making such a cute girl like you angry.” Sehun said suddenly. Everything he said, his sudden affection and interest in me made me feel all warm inside. It helped me to get my thoughts away from my last conversation with Luhan.

I giggled at Sehun’s words. “You’re a nice person…” I said to him without thinking.

“Well, thank you.” He said and smiled shyly. Awkward silence appeared. I’m such an alien between humans. Now he probably think I’m weird for saying it so openly.

“Do you like banana bread?” Sehun asked after a while.

“Banana?” I asked confused cuz I heard that word for the first time.

“Yeah, you know… that long, yellow fruit?” he tried to explain.

“Uhmm…”

“Omg, girl! Where were you living all this time, huh?” he asked suddenly and I gulped scared. “C’mon I was just joking! Whatever I was saying, I’m sure you’re gonna love it!” He smiled and grabbed my hand out of a sudden. I felt a sudden blood rush in my face.

I was surprised but didn’t want to reject him. I was also scared of squeezing his hand with too much force. My heart fluttered as he kept pulling me somewhere with a breathtaking smile on his face.

I almost cursed out loudly because of my stupidity. How could I be so careless? When we were about to cross the street I don’t know if Sehun didn’t notice that or did it on purpose but we stepped on the street while red light was on.

Sudden loud breaking sounds could be heard. Faster than eye’s blinking I looked at a truck who was only ten meters away from us. I could feel how Sehun’s hand grasp tightened around mine. Thousands of different thoughts and scenarios went through my mind. I could’ve escape and leave Sehun here mercilessly or… save him…

Damn it! Luhan is going to kill me for that…

Sehun didn’t even manage to react when I grasped his clothes and jumped the highest I could. Everything happened in the time of milliseconds. I stared at the truck which stopped in the middle of a crossroad while I was standing on the traffic lights. No one around managed to notice what happened. I mean except the truck’s driver who in the end thought that must’ve been a hallucination.

… and of course Sehun saw everything... and if he didn’t he surely saw my white ears which popped out on my head.

Afraid he might’ve freak out I took him to one of the building’s roof. I threw him there harshly.

“It’s all because you were so cute and nice to me!” I pointed at his face with my finger. He wouldn’t stop staring at my ears.

“Now I’ll have to beg Luhan oppa to turn it all the way it was before.” I furiously stomped in the place I stood.

Unexpectedly Seuhn didn’t start screaming or cursing at me as other people used to do when I was younger. He also didn’t had a heart attack, didn’t vomit or started running around while uncontrollably moving his hands, neither he faint or passed out.


 

“What are you?” was all he said after grasping and squeezing one of my ears gently.


 

…a demon…

 

Chapter 3: Mr. Chu

LUHAN

“…go and have fun yourself.” Bom’s words kept ringing in my ears. What was she even thinking, huh? All I could do was to shake my head in disbelief. If her behavior continues like this I’ll have to take her back to the Sacred Forest. I’ll wait until her foot trips and take her back. This city is not a place for her…


 

When we parted in front of her university all that tension that was in my body left. Was I so tense around her because of anger? Or maybe……. nah!


 

“Hyung!” I heard all of a sudden. I already recognized his voice but still looked around. He was jumping above other people heads and waving at me with his hand. Everyone stared at him. Elders giggled at his actions while some high school girls stared at him astonished by his handsome face.


 

Tch! This rascal…I rolled up my eyes when he run to me.


 

“Hyung!” he shouted and stopped right in front of me. “I’ve missed you so much.” he added and was about to hug me but drawn back right away after seeing my not so exaggerated reaction.


 

“I mean… It’s good to see you…” he said and mussed his black hair. I always loved to so I kept him cliffhanging a bit more. He glanced at me few times confused and focused eyes on his feet in the end.


 

“It’s good to see you too, Kai-ah.” I finally stated with a smile and hugged him tightly.


 

Kai and I met around three hundred years ago. I found him wandering around Seoul’s streets right after he was bitten by… a werewolf. He was scared of me in the beginning. I wasn’t surprised because I was the first demon who he met after the attack and the one who told him how his life was going to change. Humans turned demons were the plague of the world I was living in. Uncontrollable, problematic and always drawing peoples’ eyes to us.


 

My first encounter with Kai was actually a trap I set for him. He was supposed to die that night I cornered him at one of the dead ends. But…. Kai was the first one who didn’t try to attack me, neither he beg for mercy. “Just kill me … Do it! ” Was what he said to me. What hit me the most was his glossy eyes. They were full of tears but not even a single one slid down his cheeks. He gazed me in the eyes and didn’t even blink with a proud expression.


 

He looked in my eyes! The ones which scared so many…


 

Right when I was about to grab his throat he lost consciousness. Feelings I had that night hit me only two times in my whole life… When I met Kai and Bom.


 

I took him to my place and took care of him from that moment instead ripping his throat apart that night. Kai didn’t want to live anymore but as I showed him what a life as demon is like, his will of living slowly returned.


 

After twenty years spent together our ways parted. Kai didn’t want to leave Seoul. This was the city where he was born twice. It was his place on Earth. I couldn’t stand living in one spot for so long so I left him. I knew he was scared to handle his powers alone in the beginning but I was sure that he was ready.


 

“How have you been?” Kai asked me with twinkling eyes of an unknown tint. They had a color of a stormy sky. Skilled eye, such as mine, could have easily see thin, silver rings around his pupils.


 

“Good, I think…” I answered half-heartedly.


 

“Oh,…” he nodded. I knew this side of him. He was ready to talk my ears off, but still waited for some kind of a sign form me. Seeing him was a great turn-up form my non-stop argues with Bom lately.


 

“Alright, alright…” I teased and messed his hair with my hand “You can tell me everything you want now.” I smiled and observed as his face exploded with happiness.


 

He wouldn’t stop telling me everything what was hanging on his chest for a past century. I could tell that he was happy. Seeing how open and light hearted he was right now made me feel all warm inside.


 

“Are you sure you said everything?” I asked him after three hours spent in one of his favorite coffee shops.


 

“Ehmm…” he mumbled while thinking deeply.


 

“Don’t you have a girlfriend?” I wanted to more.


 

“Eyy… what kind of a girlfriend could I have? Me… a human turned demon?” he pouted “..but let’s not mind me.” he said after a while and smirked playfully at me “I could smell that sweet fragrance floating all around you ever since we met. Who is she?” Kai asked and sniffed the air in front of my face. His actions made a group of girls sitting nearby giggle at us.


 

I glared at them and they stopped laughing and turned their eyes away from us instantly.


 

“You dog.” I hissed and he wasn’t even hurt by my words.


 

“I’m happy that hyung has THAT someone.” Kai stated all of a sudden.


 

“What are you talking about? She’s just a stubborn, stupid kid… “ I hissed.


 

“Oh! So there really is someone?!” this time he started teasing me.


 

“Geez, Kai… “ I rolled up my eyes.


 

“How long have you been together?” Kai asked with a grin.


 

“If we weren’t in public I would’ve hit you.” I muttered while glowering at him.


 

“So… I can see that you’re pretty serious about her, huh?” he added.


 

“That’s it! I’m done with you for today.” I said and stood up.


 

“Ah! Wait!” I heard him yelling after me while he paid for our coffee. However it didn’t made me stop.


 

“Hyung!” he squealed again.


 

“What now?” I stopped when he caught up to me.


 

“I wanted to tell you something…” Kai said with a sudden worried expression “Maybe you could help me…”


 

I looked suspiciously at him “Well, you know that you can count on me anytime.” I replied.


 

He was about to tell me what worried him but my phone suddenly rang. I started searching for it in a hurry.

“Mr. Chu~ on my lips

Chu~ in a sweet way

Chu~ I get weak all over

You shake me up

I’m falling for your love”

*(APink’s Mr. Chu)

Damn technology! I bought phones for me and Bom so she could call me if something happens. She set that embarrassing ringtone for me. I know she did it on purpose…


 

I looked at the screen and saw Bom’s photo. She was winking and posing with a V sign.


 

“That’s a great ringtone you have in there Mr. Chu!” I glanced at Kai holding up his tummy and cracking up at me.


 

“Tch!” I hissed and answered the call. “What happened?” I asked.


 

“Ooooooppaaaa! I think I’ve killed a human!” I heard Bom’s shaky squealing voice.


 

“Where are you?”


 


 

BOM

“What to do?! What to do?!” I kept smacking Sehun’s cheeks after placing his head on my thighs. I totally forgot that my strength rises so much after changing into my true form.


 

“Sehun-sshi! Sehun-ah!” I kept calling him. I could see his chest rising and falling so he had to be alive.


 

“Mhhhmm…” he mumbled after five minutes since I called Luhan oppa.


 

“You’re alive!” I yelled and hugged him tightly.


 

“Ah!... can’t… breathe…” I heard him mumbling.


 

“Omo!” I let go of him totally embarrassed “Sorry.”


 

“It’s alright.” He whispered and I gulped red like a tomato after realizing how close our faces were when he sat up. When our eyes met for a second I turned mine away immediately.


 

“Where were we when I passed out?” Sehun asked and took a strand of hair off my face. My heart was beating like a drum.


 

At the moment someone cleared up his throat in an annoyed manner. Dazed I looked that person’s way and jumped up on my feet after seeing Luhan glaring at the two of us. What’s more he wasn’t alone.


 

“What is that supposed to mean?” Luhan asked with clenched teeth.


 

SEHUN

My head still hurt from Bom knock outing me. I have no idea what in hell has gotten into me. She had animal’s ears on her head!!! But she saved my life and when I saw her ‘true form’ I couldn’t take my eyes from her. It’s like as if I was addicted to looking at and being near her.


 

When I asked her “What are you?” few minutes ago and leant closer to her face she slapped/pushed my cheek co hard I fell and that’s all I could remember.


 

Bom’s warm touch and sweet voice were the first things I felt and heard after getting my consciousness back. She wasn’t a human… but whatever she was I didn’t felt scared at all. My heart felt at ease whenever I looked at her.


 

I don’t even know when those two guys appeared. One had blonde hair – what’s that for? Is he trying to stand out or what? While the other one – with black hair looked exceptionally normal. Well I thought so until I saw his dark blue eyes…


 

“What is that supposed to mean?” the blond one asked suddenly and Bom’s ears flopped. She looked like a puppy who did something wrong and was about to get scolded by its owner.


 

“Oppa… I thought… “ Bom stuttered.


 

In a blink of an eye the blond guy appeared near me. From so close I could see how beautiful? he was. Perfect complexion, shiny hair and big, dark eyes.


 

“I guess you saw way too much.” was what he said after measuring me from head to toes.


 

“I…” I stuttered under his piercing gaze.


 

‘Oppa… I didn’t want it to end like this.” Bom cried and grasped that guy’s sleeve. The way she talked to him made me angry… Who is he to her?


 

He didn’t even glanced at her but grasped my collar instead. His touch felt as if I was hit hard by a basketball ball.


 

“Unexpected witnesses are a big problem to us…” he whispered and slowly reached his other hand near my throat. My heartbeat speeded up uncontrollably after seeing how his nails extended into terrifying and unnaturally long claws.


 

I gulped and looked at his eyes ready to beg for mercy. It turned out that it was the biggest mistake I could do. His earlier black as the night’s sky eyes started to slowly change their color into vibrant red.


 

I felt how soul started leaving my body for a second time today. Am I about to pass out again?


 


 

Chapter 4: Life force

LUHAN

Tch! Humans… I smirked at this boy fainting all scared because of my little threat. He made me furious just a while ago when he seemed all intimate with Bom. I’m so stupid. What could there even be between the two of them. They must’ve met today. I don’t think that she knew him for a while. However his scent seemed somehow familiar…

“Oppa!” Bom suddenly squealed and pulled my sleeve “Don’t kill him!”

Just then I realized that my hand unknowingly slid on this guy’s neck. I didn’t use much strength but it still could be quite a lot for a human…

I let go of him and he fell on the floor hardly. Bom came running to him quickly and checked if he’s not injured. Then she glowered at me judgingly.

“Don’t you look at me like that.” I scolded her.

“Why can’t you be a bit more considerate to others?” she asked me suddenly.

“Considerate? To whom? Humans are…” I said.

“… living creatures, just like you or me. Even if they’re not immortal they still deserve to be treated with respect…” she said all serious.

My teeth clenched again. I did it to stop myself from saying something what could hurt her.

“They are not like us, Bom.” I said calmly after a while. She sighed shakily and gently pushed that human boy’s hair off his forehead.

I don’t even know what have gotten into me cuz I grabbed her wrist and pulled her away from him. She tried to oppose me but her strength meant nothing against mine.

“Let me …go!” she cried.

“Kai-ah… I want you to erase his memories about her and leave him somewhere at the XX university. Don’t let anyone see you near him” I said and Kai nodded. “Call me when you’re done…”

“What? Erase memories?” Bom cried once more and grasped a piece of my jacket tightly.

“Yes, there’s no need for him to remember anything about you or me. He’ll forget everything about you.”

“…but… but he was the first one to talk to me. He even wanted to buy me food. I … like him…” Bom stuttered.

“It doesn’t matter. I’m talking you back to the Sacred Forest tomorrow.” I said and all her resistance disappeared after those words. We got back to our apartment without saying anything.


 

BOM

That’s it. An end of my human like life and I’ll probably never see Sehun again. But what hit me the most was the awareness that Luhan will leave me and I won’t see him for another tens or hundreds of years.

Like in a daze I sat on the couch in our apartment’s living room.

“I hope no one else saw your ears.” Luhan hissed and the news station. He listened to it for a moment and then checked news on the Internet. “Everything seems fine.” He said after few minutes.

“Yeah, I was too fast for them to notice that anything happened.” I said while trying to drill a hole in the carpet with one of my feet.

He remained silent for some time. I always wanted to know what was he thinking about whenever I saw him being so pensive.

“I didn’t know you can erase someone’s memories just like that.” I said and snapped my fingers.

Luhan glared at me. “You being so irresponsible left me no choice.” He replied.

I looked at my feet and felt my heart squeezing from his coldness. I would’ve cry out loudly if I wasn’t so proud. Thought of him saying something even more harsh made me strangle all those emotions inside of me.

Right then Luhan’s phone ranged.

“Yeah, Kai-ah?” he answered the call. “Alright, I’ll be there in few minutes.” Luhan said and hung up.

“Don’t go out. Stay here until I return.” He added while putting his leather jacket back on.

“Did he take Sehun back to the university safely?” I asked and gazed at Luhan.

“Sehun? Oh… that human?” Luhan adjusted his jacket “Don’t worry, he’s just as safe as he was before meeting you.” He replied.

“Think about your recklessness and stay in here…” he added and left without looking back at me.


 

I was alone with an aching heart and his words ringing in my ears.


 

LUHAN

Did I say too much again?

I went to an old, abandoned factory where Kai wanted us to meet.

“It’s a creepy place for a talk.” I said when I heard his steps behind my back.

“Yeah…I know.” He sighed. “I wanted to tell you about it earlier.”

I looked askance at him.

“Well…” he started “… Maybe you heard that there’s a serial killer prowling around Soul. The police didn’t confirm that’s a serial killer yet but everything about that case seems fishy. There were three corpses found during those three last weeks.” He kept talking and I didn’t want to miss a single word “As I heard from a friend at the hospital all three boys were in their early twenties. What’s even more suspicious there weren’t any wounds visible on their bodies but when humans have run cadavers dissections there was diagnosed an extremely high level of dopamine in each of those men’ blood circulation systems.”

“Dopamine?” I thought about it for a sec “So does it mean that their deaths were extremely pleasurable to them?”

“So pleasurable that their hearts exploded. “ Kai added. “Or should I say their tissues were drilled like a sieve. The killer was certainly not a human.”

“Were they found in here?” I looked around. We had a clear vison on a whole factory’s hall from the bridge we stood on.

“Only one of them. I wanted to show this place to you because you’re one of the Purebloods and I hoped you may found some traces I’ve missed earlier.” Kai said.

“One of them you say? What about the other two?” I asked.

“Well… both of them were found together at the old, abandoned building which was supposed to be destroyed.” Kai replied.

So that THING which kills likes to keep itself away from the others eyes.

“Show me the exact place where their bodies were found.” I said and Kai took me downstairs between the dusted production lines.

“Here.” He pointed at the ground in front one of the machines. Sooner or later I would be able to find it myself cuz there were white line picturing a human body drawn by the police on the floor.

I slowly walked closer to that place. Then I squatted and gently rubbed the floor with my fingers. There were tiny mites of human skin, dust and… blood? visible on them. I closed my eyes and inhaled their scent concentrated till the limits of my capability.

My mind got hit by all the emotions that were bonded with those invisible for humans’ eyes traces. What I felt made me frown.

“Two humans were laying in here.” I stated and opened my eyes when something creaked in a distance.

“What was that?” Kai asked nervously “A mouse?”

“Such a noise made by a little mouse?” I asked him with a risen eyebrow.

I already knew what was slowly approaching us. We would’ve never been able to smell it. All I could do was to hone up my hearing and try to locate it.

“Don’t tell me…” Kai whispered.

He also knew. What’s more ‘the serial killer’ ed up cuz a human began to turn into a demon before he/she tried to kill him. We weren’t alone in there.

“We don’t know in what condition his mind is right now. Stay alert.” I whispered to Kai. “We should find him no matter what and ask him some questions… if he attacks… kill him” I added and Kai nodded.


 

SEHUN

I woke up after feeling someone pocking my back.

“Are you drunk young man?” the police officer asked frowning at me.

“Me?” I asked dumbfounded and looked around. How did I get in here? I was sitting on one of the benches that were in the park near my university.

“Young man?” the officer asked again.

“I’m sorry. I must’ve fall asleep after learning to much. I didn’t touch alcohol officer.” I stated with a fake grin.

When they left I looked at my jeans. They were all covered in dust. I tried to clean them up with my hands. The back of my head hurt so I tried to rub the pain away.

I stood up suddenly feeling as if I forgot something important but literally nothing came to my mind…

I was about to put hands inside the pockets of my coat.

“Agh!” I yelled in pain after something extremely hot touched my skin. “What the hell?” I checked both sides of the coat. How can this be that this thing is so hot but still didn’t burn a hole in the material? I gently inserted my fingers inside that one pocket and pulled it by a binder.

Earlier black cross looked like a heated piece of steel now. When it’s redness filled up my eyes I remembered everything.

Red eyes, terrifying claws and my fear… but also Bom… her smile and eyes looking right through me.


 

BOM

I changed into a pajama… the one that I thought I looked y in… It was a simple t-shirt but I liked how it showed my legs.

I covered myself with a blanket and watched all of the dramas that were on TV this afternoon. I should keep myself updated since this will be the only kind of entertainment I’ll have starting tomorrow.

It was getting dark outside and I was getting a bit nervous. Should I or should I not go to sleep? Is he going to come back or is he too mad at me?

Right then I heard him unlocking the front door. He came inside the apartment and didn’t even took his shoes off but simply went to his bedroom. I was too slow and didn’t even see him cuz he shut the door right in front of my face.

“Luhan?” I asked all worried and started knocking.

He didn’t answer but I heard him moan. That was it! I barged inside and saw him sitting on the bed. He was putting a hand to his neck tightly. Heart almost jumped out of my chest.

“What happened?” I asked running and crouched in front of him. His face was paler than I ever seen.

“Nothing…” he mumbled. “Leave me alone, Bom…” he tried to shove my hands off his knees.

“Do you think I’m blind? Or stupid maybe? What was that?” I asked and grabbed his wrist. When he let me move his hand away from his neck I finally could see the wound. Something literally bit off a piece of his shoulder and neck. Luhan’s blood totally drenched half of his shirt.

“What to do?!” I squealed panicked.

“It’ll heal up in few days… or earlier…” he mumbled as his upper body started to waver back and forward uncontrollably.

“Where’s Kai?” I asked.

“I didn’t told him that it bit me that much…” he whispered.

“Oh dear! Was he blind?” I asked in disbelief and rubbed my temples trying to find a way how to help him.

“Just leave… I told you it’ll heal up in few days…” Luhan said but his face shown that he was in great pain.

What to do? What to do? From all this thinking my ears popped out. I kept thinking and looking for the answer in my head.

The image of Kaonashi witch came to my mind all of a sudden. She used to treat wounds of different kinds of demons in the Sacred Forset but I used to never pay attention to her ways of treatment. That was until one time… a young dragon – demon of the mountain river, got injured by a shallow cave demon. That one time I saw how Grandma shared her life force with another creature. When I asked her how did she do it “If you wish for it form the bottom of your heart it will come true, my Bommi-e.” she replied.

The sight of her kissing that dragon forehead was the most beautiful thing I ever saw in my life. From a far I observed how his wounds healed immediately.

“That’s it!” I almost jumped in my place and looked Luhan in the eyes.

“What did you devise now?” he asked with black dark circles showing.

“I’ll heal you!” I stated and he almost smiled.

“Bom, what are you…” he was about to ask.

“Just stay still!” I squealed and sudden nervousness filled me.

Should I just peck him? Kiss his forehead or… and then I saw his soft lips. A situation like this one when I’m stronger than him will surely never happen again… I pouted and he looked at me confused.

“Bom-ah, I want to sleep so…” he said but I put my hands on his cheeks and moved closer to him. Time slowed down as I gently touched Luhan’s lips with mine.

Keeping my mind focused on transferring my life force to him was hard… I tried to keep my eyes opened and thanks to this I was able to see how my hands and later Luhan’s body started slightly glowing with pure, white light. For a moment I could feel his pain but still tried to bear with it until his wound disappeared.

“It worked…” I stuttered after moving away from him.

Luhan touched the place when he got bitten and found soft skin instead of ripped flesh.

Then he looked at me with those piercing, red eyes of his. I blushed remembering what I just did. I stood up in a hurry and was about to leave when he grasped my wrist.

“I just wanted to help. I saw Kaonashi grandma do this and I thought that ...” I kept talking.

“Shhh…” Luhan shushed me and touched my cheek all of a sudden. This affectionate side of him could’ve melt me.

“Now I want to do it properly…” Luhan said.

“…properly?” I managed to ask but right then he kissed me.


 

Chapter 5: Unknown

BOM

Is this really happening ?

For the first time in my whole life I got kissed by a man… and it wasn’t just any kind of a guy. It was Luhan… my Lu…

Teasing, provoking and always being harsh towards me with that arcane look in his red eyes. Now totally different was lightly pushing his lips against mine as we slowly moved in sync. I was afraid to do anything other than adjusting to his gentle kisses. Every tiny bit of touch and his breath on my skin made my stomach tingle inside.

Suddenly he put one of his hands on the back of my neck and the other one on my waist. Our kiss deepened as he pressed me closer to him. His pace fastened and I got short of my breath. I wasn’t even trying to oppose to him. What’s more my mind was set on one thought ‘I want more’.

When there wasn’t even a tiny bit of space between our bodies I put my hands on his chest and slowly slid them down to his waist. I could feel how his muscles tensed when I did that. Each of my moves was delicate and thought through. I almost squealed when he my lower lip and pushed his tongue inside my mouth. His moves became more violent and I could feel his nails slowly digging in the skin on my back.

He growled and I opened my eyes. His eyes had a deep burgundy color. I never seen them being so captivating and shiny. Just his gaze could’ve melt and cause me to do anything for him.

It felt indescribably good when he lightly bit my lower lip and smoothly placed few kisses along my jawline. I tried hard not to moan and get him out of this sensual mode. He caressed my neck with his fingers and inhaled the scent of my hair. When I felt his moist lips teasingly following the traces of his fingertips on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter