Let go

Last day [EXO x you]

"Ugh" I say to myself, dragging my luggage after me, feeling the anger bubbling up and to the point of exploding.

 

I love my job as a makeup artist and I had the opportunity of a lifetime when I was picked as a part of the EXO stylist team, but they can get extremely annoying and mean.

I guess they were just letting off some steam when they started pranking me around the concert venues as I tried to do my job, but now they're getting dangerously into it.

Back then it was just things like prank calling me or telling me the higher ups were looking for me when they weren't , but now they've escalated to hiding my tools, telling me wrong meeting times and embarrassing me in front of my colleagues with whatever they can.

Like now for example. We're on tour and just landed in the UK and they sent me to get them something to drink and decided that I was too slow and had to get to the venue by myself as punishment. I've had it with these boys and feel extremely close to bursting into tears but I held it in and got into a taxi, giving the man the address to which I needed to go.

Why didn't I tell anyone to get them to leave me alone?

Well I tried, but I only got the "They're not the type to do something like this. If you don't like it you're free to go" line and now I'm stuck living with these people.

As I got to the venue, I wrestled the bags behind me and struggled to get inside, not before id-ing myself at the entrance, only to be stopped by the manager two steps into the building.

"Where do you think you're wandering hours before the concert,young lady? This is not your first rebellious episode and I know I've told you before that if you ever do something like this again I would have to let you go,but you seem to think I wasn't serious about this." The manager said in a stern voice, loud enough only for me to hear and I looked into his eyes, diverting my eyes to the floor to keep my tears in check,but so many things have added up up until now and I find it difficult to control myself and let a tear fall,but quickly wipe it away.

"I understand. I am sorry for inconveniencing you and holding the team back for so long. I have no excuses." I replied, not letting my emotions interfere with my voice.

The manager sighed and shifted his weight to his right leg, looking to his left as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I know you're a good girl and your work is always amazing, but I've turned a blind eye too many times to let this go again. I am sorry but today will be the last day you'll work with us. " He said, putting a hand on my shoulder, looking at me with apologetic eyes.

Looking into his eyes, I nodded and tried to give him a smile which I am sure turned out pretty messy,but I manage to get out a few whispering words. "Thank you for all this time you've guided me."

I bowed and headed straight to the bathroom, leaving the luggage by a wall in my hurry. As I entered the bathroom, I made sure no one was around and locked the door, collapsing on the toilet seat, feeling exhausted and emotionally drained, I covered my eyes with my hand and started focusing on my breath.

I felt myself give the signs of a crying fit and I couldn't afford to be having one right now because I knew I won't be able to stop and the puffy eyes would give me away. getting up, I leaned my hands on the sink and let my head fall forward, focusing on my breath, only letting a couple of tears fall before pinching myself by the arm, to distract myself. I looked to myself in the mirror and saw the wreck I was and was mortified by the way I've looked.

Red face, injected eyes and runny mascara all over. "Just great" I said lowly to myself before splashing cold water over my eyes and starting to fix myself up.

 

 

***

 

 

20 minutes later I am ready to get myself back on track for my last day on this team.

It saddened me immensely an I don't know what I will do from now on, but I decided to not think about it until after this show as I need to focus on my last job and do it right.

Leaving the bathroom, I head for my luggage where I left all the makeup and tools for today and saw that they were into a different position than before,but didn't pay it much mind and started dragging them into the backstage, getting myself ready.

 

 

***

 

 

The concert is only a couple of hours away and none of the guys made an appearance yet and I am really pressured on time as I have to do all 9 of them in a little bit under two hour s.

I took out my phone and messaged Xiumin to ask where they are as he is the only one who isn't picking on me and is a little bit more responsible than the others who act like 12 yr olds more than not.