Tiga

Love Hurts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul slowly opens her eyes when she heard wind rustling and whistling against the sliding door right across the bed. She is after all, a light sleeper. She tried her best to open her eyes once more and adjust her vision in the darkness that she’s in. Her eyes then went to find the clock on the wall despite her bleary vision as her drowsiness is yet to wear off. 6am. Still early.

She blinked a few times before trying to lift her hand to rub her still-sleepy eyes but the weight on it failed her to do so. Only then she realizes the person who caused that. Her gaze immediately fell upon the girl that is sleeping soundly in her arms. Using Byul’s chest as her pillow, lying on her stomach, and with both her hands possessively wrapped around Byul’s body, Wheein looks incredibly beautiful in Byul’s eyes. Wheein’s shines almost unbelievably under the moonlight streamed from outside through the sliding door. ‘How can a puppy look this cute and stunning at the same time while sleeping? That’s impossible.’ Byul thought in her head.

Byul can’t help but to caress that soft skin, lazily tracing random patterns on it before pulling the duvet to cover it. She tucked a couple of hair strands behind Wheein’s ear, trying to take a better look at her now girlfriend’s face. She can’t help but to smile as last night’s event popped up and got replayed without a glitch in her head. Oh boy, she is so love-struck, she must be the only idiot grinning a few seconds after waking up at 6am in the morning. She kisses the top of Wheein’s head before doing the same thing to her forehead, let it lingered on it for a few seconds before pulling away.

Wheein stirred in her sleep as she felt continuous movement Byul’s made around her. Wheein then unconsciously turned her body away from Byul before settling herself with her cheek on her pillow, with her back against Byul and pulling the duvet closer to her.

Byul can only smile looking at her pup who is obviously tired from yesterday’s activities, falling back to sleep immediately. Byul then get herself off the bed, grab her sweatshirt and boy shorts on the floor before putting them on. She walks towards the balcony, opening the sliding door slowly and ever so carefully in effort not to accidentally wake her pup up.

It’s still dark but she can already see a lot of vehicles busying the roads. It’s chilly and windy outside, but it really doesn’t bother her much with how much her heart is filled with warmth. The warmth she got from Wheein since last night. It was truly one of the best day she ever gone through in her life. In all fairness, last night was not top of the list only because that spot is occupied with the day she first met with Wheein. They’ll never get to this day if that day never happened.

 

 

 

“Hey, I’m sorry to be a bother but umm…”

Byul raised her head to look at the lady who’s got a cup of coffee in her hand which she believed the one she ordered a few minutes ago. She’s about to say her thanks, only to be cut by the lady herself.

“..I couldn’t help myself from saying something to you. You’ve been here for hours. And this is your 5th cup of coffee. Whew, I’d be hit with a really bad headache if it’s me, which could last for a few hours with that much of caffeine--”

Byul’s silence and her unreadable expression are obvious and it didn’t go unnoticed by the lively lady who seems to have all other words she’s about to say choked down out of guilt.

“..Yeah I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to pry or trying to stick my head into other people’s business, it’s just--”

“Hey, it’s okay.” Byul let out a soft chuckle. She feels sorry now that she’s seeing an obvious frown from the lady after such a confidence greeting.

“I don’t mind. I’m just…surprised. I’m sorry if my face somewhat told you otherwise.” Byul reach out to get the coffee from the lady’s hand and put it down on the table. Only then she realized how the café that she believed almost a full house when she entered tonight, is now almost empty.

“You lose track of the time right? You didn’t even notice that you’ve been here for 4 hours?”

“Hahaha yes, I believe that is the case, yes. Please, have a seat. You would probably tell already, I’m not expecting anybody.” She then brought her fingers up to her temple, massaging it a bit before laying her eyes back to the lady that is now settled on a seat in front of her.

“Hi, I’m Jung Wheein.” Wheein offered her hand out for a handshake which Byul gladly accept before continuing, “I run this café.”

“I know.” Byul stated.

“Oh, really? That’s a surprise. I didn’t come here as often since I do a double job.”

“Well, I know that that red-haired girl is the co-owner of this cafe slash your best friend for life. She’s literally your sister.”

Wheein followed where Byul’s eyes been glancing at, she found her best friend who’s having a chat with one of the workers. She inwardly smiled. “You’re right. She is. One and only. And you’re a regular here.”

“She told you that?”

“Yeah she did. And so does every single person who works in this café.”

Byul laughed before saying, “I’m not sure whether that’s a good or a bad thing.”

“Good, of course. Your not-so-subtle sweet gestures have been the talk among the staffs at the back ever since you started being a regular here.”

“Just what kind of gestures did I do? Care to elaborate?” Byul flashed a playful smirk.

“Oh come on, don’t play innocent with me. You’ve stole quite a few hearts in here.”

“Including yours?”

“Let’s settle with a ‘yes’ for now.”

“For now?”

“Yeah.”

“For a girl as hot as you? I’m gonna make that a permanent ‘yes’ then.”

“Wow. You’re good. Damn good.”

“You are quite the flatterer, Miss Jung”

It was Wheein’s turn to let out a hearty laugh and the dimple on her right cheek was visible. Her pitch-black hair is shining. Her face is ridiculously stunning. Byul was almost blinded by its brilliance.

“…and beautiful.” Byul blurted out suddenly.

Wheein’s laugh slowly died down, only to be turned into a sheepish smile and her cheeks were blushing angrily.

“So, this is why they call you girl crush, huh? Now that I’ve experienced you myself, you really are living up to your nickname, Miss Moon Byulyi.”

“And you really know how to make people feel comfortable tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter