Dua

Love Hurts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein’s been sitting on that sofa for 10 minutes now. She got both her hands palming her face, thinking about what just happened between Byul and her. Truthfully, she still feels lightheaded by the kiss and she’s seriously not in her right mind at the moment.

“Why am I so stupid...” Wheein ran her hand up through her bang and to the back of her head, trying to clear the things she’s having in her head. As if it’s that simple tho..

“Idiot Jung Wheein. Tactless Jung Wheein.” She slaps herself couple of times before leaning back and slumps herself more into the sofa. She closes both her eyes and memories soon flooding in her mind. Memories she made with Byul. These years of friendship and she knows how special Byul is in her heart and she knows she’s in love with Byul too. It just never occurs to her Byul has been feeling just the same.

She keeps recalling that confession by Byul and she can’t help but to slap herself once more.

“I screwed up. Big time. Arggghhhhhh!” She screams her lungs out before her voice got drowned by the sound of the rain starting to fall outside. She takes a quick glance and sighs,

“Even the sky is feeling sad for me. Seriously, what do I do? Should I text or call her? What do I say tho..”

She knows Byul. All these years of friendship and she knows so well how Byul would be feeling right now. She is so true to her words that she knows tomorrow, Byul really would act like nothing ever happened between them tonight. She would keep all that to herself, she’ll try to recover no matter how she’d done it all by tonight and act like she’s feeling okay and well the next morning, greets her as usual and let it all burns and would never talks about it anymore and move forward. Tho deep down, she would crumble and at night she would be crying to sleep. Her feelings don’t really matter to her as much as how people that she loves are feeling. She would always put others first than herself.

“I should have said something. I should have stopped her from going.” Wheein mumbles to herself once more and sighs for the nth time that night.

Wheein gets herself up to change herself into more comfortable clothes. She just finished changing her top into long-knitted sweater when she spotted the food Byul bought for her on the table. “She even knows I didn’t eat yet. Is she a shaman or psychic or what?” Wheein lets out a small-sad laugh as she walks to the table. “I should at least do this then. I should listen to her and eat. That’s the very least I can do right now I guess.”

As soon as she got to the table, she quickly notices Byul’s coat besides it.

“She must be cold driving herself home without wearing this.” Wheein picks up the coat to hang it to its rightful place before she hears a clinking sound inside Byul’s coat. She reaches out and found that both Byul’s car and house keys are inside it all this time.

“How the heck she got home then? What are th….”

Wheein got herself shocked as thunder rumbling outside and she notices how the rain has just got heavier. Only then realization hits her.

“Oh my god Byul…”

Without wasting any more second Wheein finds herself running out of her studio, putting on her shoes as fast as lightning, running down while skipping couple of stairs at one time despite her short legs, she runs without even bother to reach for an umbrella as she doesn’t even remember the fact that it’s raining bullets outside for all that she has in her mind right now is Byul. Wheein got herself outside in a flash and she stopped dead in her track for a while when she was greeted with the coldness and rain falling and touching her skin. The fact that she’s shivering already is a proof enough how she can’t really stand rain and coldness. She always falls sick easily when exposed to them. But she couldn’t care less about that now as she starts to fish out her phone after confirming that Byul’s car is indeed still at the porch. She dials Byul’s phone number and waited nervously for the other end to be connected.

“Where are you in this heavy rain? Oh for goodness sake Byul, please pick up the damn call.” She curses when the call got into the voicemail. Wheein dials again before starting to jog and opens her eyes wide in effort to try spotting the silver-haired girl. She started to run eventually, searching into every alley and every stores and restaurants that are still open. Several minutes passed and her legs beginning to fail her but she still got her phone on her ear trying to reach Byul but it went to voicemail every time. Wheein stops her run when she just a corner of a road; she puts both her hands on her knees, taking in air as much as she can. The coldness of the rain and the night beginning to take over her body and that definitely doesn’t helping her right now.

After regaining her breaths, she lifts her head and looks up to the sky that is still relentlessly crying from before.

Wheein’s about to start running again but she stopped when she notices a bus stop, several metres ahead and across the road that she’s at right now. She begins to walk slowly but surely to it as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter