New Romantics

TURNING PAGE

She's sitting in front of her work table when she heard her door unlocked. It's either Bommie or Ilwoo. Both are her childhood friends and if she forgot to mention, she wants to reiterate that Bommie is the reason why she's in a huge binding mess right now.

 

Gosh! How she loves to rip that ’s bones and feed it to the lions in the Amazon forest. Jiyong the pretty luxury boy just left an hour ago after making, discussing, negotiating and pretty much choking each other's neck while making the contract.

 

Basically, She will be a 24/7 on-call road slave to service him in his work in and outside of Seoul, within the whole South Korea. IMAGINE!? TWENTY-FOUR SEVEN!!! Gosh, if her thoughts can just kill, he'll be long gone. Looooooong gone.

 

Anyways, She don't have choice, does she? She doesn’t want to do community service. She checked on all her violations and calculated the prison time. All in all, it'll be 6 months but including some pardons, fines and leeway, it'll be down to 3 months of community service. Aside from that, her precious record which is full of honors and recognition will be tainted. She doesn’t want to have any police records. So as much as she HATE serving 24/7, She doesn't really have a choice. AIST! THAT BRAT.

 

While thinking or rather mourning for the incoming 6 months of hell, Bommie sneakily came in Dara's room and started wailing. She was so dumbfounded she almost fell on her ..

 

"WAHHHHHH! Dara-ya!!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!"

 

"What's wrong with you ajumma?!" She asked walking towards her bed where Bom is. The animated alien showed her, her hands or rather, the nail.

 

She noticed that one of her witch-nail is broken. BROKEN? BROKEN! She gasped from the sight.

 

If there's one thing Bom adore so much, as much as she loves her whole self is her Witch-nail and when I say love, it means L.O.V.E. She practically knows nothing about house chores because of the fear that her nails will be damaged. Since she is the maknae in her family, she was and is tolerated by her parents, eonni and oppa. So, a broken nail is a broken-hearted Bom.

 

Dara decided to get some water for her best friend. As soon as Dara went out of the room, Bom heaved a sigh of relief. Yes, a sigh of relief because she needs to sacrifice her precious beautiful nail to save her from her Dragon of a friend. Everything is calculated and according to plan. She and Ilwoo planned the SIAF application. They both know how Dara wants to join the competition but hesitating because of the impending SAF application. Her boyfriend is the son of the CEO and owner of SAF so it's easy to plan the whole thing. Ilwoo also works at SAF as an Architect. Dara will be assigned as a field architect so she will not be obliged to go the office. So, she can be both an Architect and a Fashion designer.

 

SIAF competition is the most popular and highly anticipated competition in the Korean fashion scene. The winning designer will be featured in the annual SIAF show that is attended by the Seoul socialites, politicians and celebrities even foreign brands executive.

 

The opportunity is just limitless once her works comes to life and runway. Dara's creations need to be seen by the world. For the past years, being her muse, Bommie wear almost all of her works. She specializes in comfortable, funky and trendy style. Her famous signature is her embroideries. Dara incorporates her Architectural talent to her designs so her work is extremely unique. She's 100% sure she'll win the competition.

 

She texted Ilwoo saying that step 2 of the plan is successful. She decided to go out because Dara seems to forget that her friend is inside her room but before getting out, she first muster the most sad-looking expression in the history of film-making. They are not best friends for nothing.

 

 

"Yes Ma’am. Yes. I'll be there on Wednesday. Thank you." She said lively. Dara received a call from SAF that her interview is rescheduled because the Director who will conduct the interview is in an out-of-town conference. She was so relieved that shesthinks she answered whoever on the other line enthusiastically, which is supposed to be the other way around.

 

Finally! The sun is shining on her side... Or so she thought.

 

Bom went out of her room as devastated as she calculated she would be. She handed her the glass of water and went back to the kitchen to get some ingredients for their snacks. Without her notice, Bom smirked reading the message she got from Ilwoo.

 

From: Ilwoo

Nuna, step 3 successful.

 

To: Ilwoo

Re: Noona, step 3 successful

      Good. Let's rest. Delete this text.

 

Bommie immediately deleted the text messages because Dara is such a prankster and she always steals her phone. She just changes the wallpaper with her picture but she doesn't want to risk anything. She'll definitely go ballistic and a raging BullDara is not good. It's like jumping from Aj Hackett Macau tower…or  maybe not. I'm just exaggerating. But still, they can't afford to be caught.

Dara emerged from the kitchen with the freshly made chicken clubhouse when suddenly, her phone rang. The number was unregistered but she answered it anyway.

 

"Yeoboseo? Who am I speaking with please?"

 

"Miss Liar, it's me." He answered. It doesn't take a rocket science to know who is on the other line. Dara immediately frowned which made Bom pay attention to the lady.

 

"For goodness sake. What do you want?" She said snobbishly.

 

"Who is that?" Bom whispered.

 

"A nuisance." She didn't bother to cover the mouthpiece because she wants him to hear it.

 

Jiyong on the other line just chuckled which made Dara more annoyed than ever. "I need you to be here in my hotel in an hour. I'll text you the place." Jiyong hangs up before hearing her response. He knows for sure she'll just go berserk about it. His intuition did not disappoint him.

 

Dara goes psycho when she hears the busy tone. She thinks she aged 10 years older because of too much annoyance, rage and stress. She almost flipped her dining table.

 

On the other side of the room, Bom is just intently and quietly watching over her best friend. After so many years, approximately 10 years ago since she last saw the other side of collected Dara. She never ever get overly disoriented and mad since then. It is refreshing to see it after a decade. She needs to know who is this bastard. Hmmmmmmmm

 

"Bommie, I'm sorry but I need to go somewhere. Stay if you want, I have salad in the ref and you can reheat the pizza." She instructed. Bom can just nod to her seeing how busy she is readying herself. She's really intrigued by the situation.

 

"Don't look at me like that and I know exactly what is going on your mind so save it for later. I'll tell you everything after I deal with this nuisance."

 

'Woah! Such a mind reader' Bom said to herself. We'll see. It's getting more exciting.

 

Dara even went beyond agitated when she received Jiyong's message.

 

From: Nuisance

Park Hyatt Seoul Hotel. Please dress up in a semi-formal unless you want to look like a driver.

 

'I'm going to kill you someday!' She said. She ended up wearing a black turtle neck dress, a Burberry gabardine trench coat and a beige Christian Louboutin ankle boots. She hates dressing up but she has these stuff since she loves spoiling herself with the finest things in life.

Dara tied her hair in a messy bun, cat eyeliner, little blush and her signature red lips. She feels powerful and confident wearing her bloody red lipstick.

 

"Whoa! What's all these dressing up? Are going to a party?" Bom asked.

 

"I honestly don’t know. You and I needs to talk about some that happened to me and the you put me through so yeah. I don’t even know why I'm dressing up in the first place. Talk to you later" she said after putting her phone, wallet and car keys in her black Chanel crossbody bag.

 

She headed to the building's basement to get her car. She doesn't want to drive around much because her school is just a walking distance so her car is just sitting in the parking. She needs to have is washed first.

 

After the car wash and sick, traffic-filled ride, she arrived at the hotel's lobby. After giving the key to the valet, she went straight to the reception area to ask for Jiyong.

 

"Hello, I'm Park Sandara and I’m here for Mr. Kwon Jiyong."

 

"For a moment Miss." The receptionist looked in to her monitor looked at her. "He occupies the penthouse Miss Park" she said politely.

 

"Can you just please call him to get his here and stop being a Prima-donna!?" She said in a controlled but irritated manner.

 

"I'm sorry Ms. Park but Mr. Kwon called in here earlier and said to instruct you to go to his room." She said apologetically.

 

"That annoying brat! Aist!!!" She said while heading to the elevator. The receptionist can only just shake her head in complete bewilderment.

 

After minutes of flight, she stepped in to the penthouse floor. She knocked twice then it opened. She was welcomed by a slick and good-looking guy in the form of Kwon Jiyong.

 

He is wearing a Thom Browne Pink Corduroy Button-down shirt, YSL Super destroyed chain detailed skinny jeans, Céline Oversized Pink coat and Givenchy's sneaker style beaded boots. He's like a model in a whole new different level. His hair is styled on the sides that made him look more beautiful. If she just doesn't like his guts, she'll probably have a little crush on his style. Yes People, just the style.

 

Without her knowing, Jiyong is also studying and praising her with her style. She looks really stunning in her looks. She's more beautiful with a little make-up on.

 "C'mon in Miss Grumpy. Take a sit. We'll leave in a few. I'll just go get something” Jiyong left Dara in the living room to get the Diamond earrings he reserved for her. Dara will not just guide him in Seoul because obviously, he can just use the navigator, what he needs is an Amusement and Date every gathering that he is bound to attend.

 

Being a photographer and acting Chief Director requires excessive socialization and parties especially for the incoming SIAF competition. He needs to meet sponsors, media, socialites and even celebrities. He knows he's up to a super boring task so he's very hesitant to accept it but he loves her Aunt Young-ae so much he doesn’t want to decline her request. Dara fits the Entertainment and Date category.

 

She is a very animated and feisty person so he knows he'll never get bored with her presence. She’s also extremely beautiful. She's a total head turner so she gracefully passed the Date requirement.

 

He walked out of his room only to find her in the veranda. She was looking at the Seoul night sky with somberly. Her eyes speak for it. Seoul city looks so alive but this beautiful girl is staring at it in a very heart-breaking way. Her eye looks so sad, glistening with tears. For some reasons, sneakily went on her back and grabbed her shoulders which startled her causing her to step back accidentally stepping on Jiyong. Due to too much pain, he fell on the ground while Dara fell on top of him. They are in a very compromising position but no one moved. Both of them froze and even afraid to breathe. Oddly enough, Jiyong likes it a lot and he's controlling his little buddy down there because she might think that he's a ert. C'mon people! Girl on top of you is definitely a regardless of reason!

 

They were staring at each other for almost a millennium when a rude blasting of ring awakens them, much to Jiyong's dismay.

 

As if she got the clue, she immediately forced herself to stand while Jiyong is assisting her, holding both sides of her hips, she almost got out of balance because of too much nervousness. It was her first time since ages to interact with a guy that is not Ilwoo. After her last relationship, she never had a physical interaction with other guys aside from her guy best friend. It was so awkward. Good thing she's wearing a make-up if not, she'll be dead because of too much embarrassment.

 

After being assisted, she felt the obligation to be mean to him to wash her embarrassment and awkwardness. She forcefully removed his hand around her waist and went straight to the restroom.

 

Jiyong just chuckled with the flustered sight. He never thought that Miss Grumpy can be also shy. Not in her character.

 

They decided to ride Dara's truck because Jiyong forgot to rent a car. His newly purchased Lamborghini is unfortunately or fortunately (Can’t decide yet) in the casa.

 

After a good one and a half ride, they arrived at the Dongdaemun Design Plaza. Dara was shocked to see photographers and red carpet. RED CARPET PEOPLE! RED CARPET!

 

After seeing her reaction, Jiyong went out of the driver's seat (he decided to drive for this reason, he'll look awfully manner less if he'll get out of the passenger's seat while a petite looking girl takes over the wheels.)

 

'This will be fun!' He said.