When I Met You

TURNING PAGE

"Yah! Yah! Yah! Bommie-ya! Bommie-ya! Yoboseo? Yoboseo? Yoboseo?! Oh God! How dare you hang-up on me! You'll see what you deserve when I get there!!" Dara furiously conversed with her phone while unknowingly an empty soda can she's holding. The reason for her rage is because of  her genius best friend who signed her up for a fashion designing competition without informing her. 

 

Imagine how shocked she was when one of the staff from Seoul Institute for Arts and Fashion called her saying they received her application and all of her sketches and they would like to meet her tomorrow. 

 

Out of all the day and without her knowledge!

 

It is her job interview for internship in one of the biggest Architectural firm in the country tomorrow. Being a fashion designer is her dream since she was a little but being an Architect is her parent's dream for her. Her parents allowed her to take Fashion course with a condition that she will finish her Architectural degree and pass the exam. Being the only child she felt obliged to her loving parents who were always there to support her. 

 

Dara just graduated and now preparing for the Board exam with the hopes of working as an intern to gain more experience and knowledge. She likes both so she does not have any regrets; it's just that her good-for-nothing bestfriend did something she did not expect. 

 

She wants to be in the SIAF but she knows that there will be an opportunity someday and she wants to focus on getting the job she applied for. If she will not go to SIAF, she will leave a bad impression and she will lose the chance of her life cuz they can only notice you once which was supposedly what she's having. On the other hand, the same opportunity goes with Shinwa Architectural Firm.

 

Dara is having a mental breakdown when she absentmindedly threw the crushed soda can in the air without seeing the White Aventor Lambo coming from her back. Dara, the Goddess of all Misfortune accidentally hit the slick car owner who happens to be a pretty boy's forehead maneuvering the vehicle which made him lose concentration. 

 

A loud crash woke Dara up from her dilemma. A continuous cursing can be heard from where the crash is. Without any clue, given how sympathetic and helpful citizen of Korea she is, she went running towards the guy to help. 

 

"Ajussi, are you all right? Were you badly hurt? Do you want me to call 911? Bring you to the hospital? Where does it hurt?" she said in a rapping like speed while the pretty boy was intently and furiously looking at her while rubbing his forehead. The guy's eyes were slitting Dara into pieces behind his Chanel sunglasses. 

 

The pretty boy raised the crushed can looking bored, enough for Dara to see it in full view. Dara looked at the soda can cluelessly, even thinking that the pretty boy is some kind of weirdo and immediately looked at the guy, while her eyebrows tightly knit to each other because of the confusion. Strangely enough, Pretty boy tilted his head directing her to pay attention to the can. 

 

After almost eternity, the clueless lady stared at her hand as if looking for something invisible while different emotions were reflected through her hazel brown orbs as if doing some dramatic movie rewind when out of the blue, her eyes widen in shock, horror and fear then immediately looked at the angry man in front of her. 

 

She was so nervous and doesn't know what do. Must've been her lucky day today. She sighed.

 

Since she is one hell of a genius person, she did what other people in her state of mind normally do. Her resolve was final. 

 

SHE WILL DENY IT! ANYTHING! EVERYTHING! SHE DID NOT THROW THE FREAKING CRASHED SODA CAN BECAUSE OF TOO MUCH ANNOYANCE! SHE THREW IT IN THE BIN! Right! That trash bin beside the light post must have soda cans. God! I am so brilliant! 

 

And so she thought.

 

"Why are you holding the soda can Ajussi? Something wrong? You want me to throw it for you? I think you need to go to the hospital first before thinking other stuff." She said it in her most innocent voice and facial expression worthy of Golden Globes and Academy Awards.

 

Shocked with the girl's reaction, the man unbuckled his seat belt and went to face the sly and lying lady. " Excuse me Ajumma, If I perfectly remember, you threw this soda can recklessly. Don't you know that you crossed a lot of violation here? You almost got me killed! "Said the furious man.

 

Instead of answering, Dara got mesmerized by the guy in front of her. The guy is a walking and talking charisma! Black YSL Fedora, Chanel sunglasses, Alexander McQueen White and Orange Stained Glass Trimmed long sleeves, Chrome Hearts belt, black BLANK NY ripped jeans and White Christian Louboutin Flat High Top Leather Men's sneakers. After assessing all the brand ajussi is wearing, she looked at the wrecked car which made her heart jump out of her chest, IT'S A FREAKIN AVENTOR LAMBO! Dara started praying to all the Gods and Saints she knows, even to those that she doesn't. She's in a very big trouble and she needs the soil to eat her up now or wake up from the worst nightmare of her life!

 

Then again, the man is intently staring at the petite girl in front of him making different faces that he finds really amusing to watch. He never encountered a person who can show different kinds of reaction in a split second and he think he knows what's running into her head... Somehow. 

 

As if an unknown force nudged Dara from her thoughts, she answered the guy's rhetorical question. 'This is my last luck. All the Gods in the Heavens and Earth please, be in my favor, just this once' she silently prayed. With her outmost seriousness that is again worthy of an acting award, she looked directly to the guy's eyes (which is covered by the sunglass so technically, she's looking at the guy's sunglass lens) said with finality, "I'm sorry but the soda can I was holding earlier was thrown properly in the bin" she said while pointing at the trash bin across to where they are standing.

 

'This is unbelievable! She just lied without even blinking. I'll definitely believe her if I was stupid, luckily for her, I am not.' He said to himself. He started walking towards the bin but Dara beat him to it. She ran immediately and peaked at the bin. With a horrified expression, the man can just guess that all of the Saints and Gods she called did not respond.

 

Dara hurriedly put the bin's top. 'OTTOKE????'

 

"You don't have to do that ajumma, we both know that it was you so stop lying. You're the only person in the street and If in case you forgot, I came from your back so I saw you." the man said.

 

"Whay did you just say? AJUMMA?! I am Park Sandara, the Vampire Goddess! Are you kidding me?" she said with pure outrage she already forgot what the guy said. Yes she on her 30s but she's always mistaken as 18 or 19 years old.

 

"Arasso, Arasso, Park Sandara-ssi. Seems like you only noticed the word 'AJUMMA'. I said, I know you're lying. What should we do now?" he asked while smirking. He can smell fun.

 

Kwon Jiyong, A.K.A The Man/Ajeossi just came back to Seoul from Paris. Kwon Jiyong is a successful and popular fashion photographer. He always take part in Vouge, Elle, Vanity Fair, GQ and many more famous magazine and luxury brands advertisement shoots. 

 

He's only in his 30's but he is already one of the most sought-after photographer in the fashion industry. He also graduated Mass Communication and Broadcasting in NYU and particicipates in column writing in different fashion blogs and magazines.

 

He came home to fullfull his aunt's request to take over SIAF for 6 months while she takes short course in Paris for fashion editorial writing.

 

Jiyong was raised by her aunt Lee Young Ae, her mom's youngest sister when both his parents died in a plane crash back when he was a little.

 

Jiyong was hesitant at first 'cause he never lived in Seoul that long in his life. They lived in New York, London, Japan and Paris during his childhood. He was very adamant about it but thanks to the pretty ajumma in front of her, seems like his stay will not be that boring after all.

 

"Yah! Sandara-ssi. What should we do now? Do you know how much will it cost to have my car fixed?" He said still smirking at the lady who seems to be thinking of another scheme. 'What will you do know Pretty Ajumma?' 

 

It's as if he was heard by the lady, her next move is extremely unexpected and crazy! The ajumma ran very fast, Jiyong was left dazed and confused. He was able to recover from the shock and started chasing her in the long alley of Hongdae.