Kris-Hun-Han-Chan-Baek

Soul Mates (Forever and Always)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys, thanks so much for reading, and to those who recently subscribed <3

This is it, the last chapter is finally here!

Before you read, I just want to apologize in advance because it's impossible to satisfy everyone, I'm sorry if this wasn't what you were expecting. But I hope you'll still like it!

-----------

 

Apparently, only 5% of babies arrive on their predicted due dates. Seeing as April 21st had already passed and Luhan still hadn't deflated in size indicated that Princess was not included in that slim percentage.

However, during the next couple days, the Braxton hicks had noticeably become more frequent, intense and lasted longer than what he had been accustomed to. Unfortunately, walking around and relaxing in the tub helped to alleviate the practice contractions but did not prevent them from reappearing.

Then he abruptly stopped in his tracks as he was struck with an epiphany; a startled Sehun gently colliding into him as they had been pacing around the first floor in their home.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" The maknae's heartbeat accelerated dangerously as he subconsciously held his breath.

A mixture of excitement and fear overtook Luhan in that moment when he whispered, "It feels different this time. I think these might be labor contractions."

The atmosphere suddenly echoed with simultaneous gasps. A few dishes clanked and smashed as they were released from Kris' grasp at the unexpected announcement.

Sehun led Luhan into the living room and sat him down. The two giants abandoned their positions in the kitchen, the clumsily dropped lunch instantly forgotten as they scrambled over to the couch.

"L-labor contractions? That's what you said right?" Kris' dilated pupils darted from Luhan then to the others and back to Luhan again in the matter of seconds.

"I-I'm not sure, but I think so." He confirmed cautiously as it was obvious the tallest male was on the verge of breaking out in a panic attack.

Complexion paling, the blonde involuntarily swayed in his stance. His heart began pounding in synchronization with his quickly heaving chest. "Oh god." He breathed out airily.

"Not again. Kris we don't have time for this!" Chanyeol groaned. Seeing the second oldest in this state, he was discreetly freaking out a little himself. But he needed to at least act like he was placid exteriorly. He shoved Kris down beside Luhan and advised him to breathe before turning his attention to an equally lost Sehun. "Go and grab the hospital bag, I'll call Baek."

However, before Chanyeol even had the chance to whip out his phone, the front door opened to reveal an exhausted looking Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun hyung, oh thank god!" Sehun exclaimed in relief as he jogged down the staircase with the navy bag in hand. He'd never been so happy to see the other as he did in that moment. Of course, he hadn't been the only one with that thought.

The maknae's unusual reaction alone had been enough to alert him that something was going on. He analyzed his surroundings. Chanyeol and Sehun both looked concerned at a bent over Luhan on the couch. Kris on the other hand was hyperventilating. His eyes flickered in realization as he came to a conclusion. "Luhan's in labor?"

Baekhyun had been met with silence. Having been a student nurse for four years and then a registered nurse for almost three, he's seen everything; so he hadn't been frazzled. He cleared his throat to try and gather attention to himself. "Have you guys been timing the contractions?"

He was answered with blank stares. "What?" Chanyeol voiced out confusedly.

The silver haired male sighed. "Never mind." He waved a dismissive hand. "Chanyeol, go grab Kris a paper bag. Sehun, be prepared to time Luhan's next contraction." He then glanced over his shoulder at the blonde. "And Kris, please, pull yourself together, you're not even the one pregnant!"

Chanyeol was now seated beside Kris, running a hand down the latter's spine; as if that would be of help to his situation.

Baekhyun then averted his gaze to the other two. As if on cue, Luhan was attacked by another wave. The pain started in his back before steadily surging to the anterior side to reside in his lower abdomen. His flesh drastically hardened and he felt the increasing movements of Princess while he struggled to breathe for the duration of the contraction. Baekhyun taught him to inhale deeply at the onset of the cramp and then slowly exhale as he felt the pain diminishing. Approximately 20 minutes later, Luhan had experienced another hit.

-----

Luhan sat in Sehun's lap, resting his head in the crook of the younger's neck while his legs splayed across Kris' lap as the blonde gave him a massage. Thankfully they finally managed to calm the tallest down.

"What did Suho hyung say?" Chanyeol asked as he carried a plate of finger sandwiches into the living room. He planted himself down on the other side of Sehun. The redhead placed a kiss to the crown of Luhan's head which shook him out of his light slumber. Offering a sandwich to the latter, the brunette opened up his mouth to take a bite.

Baekhyun, who had just gotten off the phone with their family doctor, turned around to share the information. "He said they'll be on standby. But we don't need to bring Luhan in until his contractions are five minutes apart."

"Ugh, that means we still have some time to wait." Sehun huffed out impatiently.

"We're getting there." Kris lightly smacked Sehun's head for being so whiny. "Princess will come out when she's ready." He then extended a hand out to caress the bump.

Silence ensued as they all took the time to nibble on their snack; each immersed in their own thoughts. That was, until Luhan decided to pull them out of their trance.

"Guys." He called out tentatively, unsure of whether he was making the correct decision.

"Hmm?" Sehun hummed in question on behalf of everyone else.

The brunette reached out to place all their hands on top of his belly before holding his on top of theirs. "I'm really proud of you guys. This is the first time that I really feel like we're one big family. And I couldn't be any more blessed." He beamed widely at them.

After his emotional outburst a while back, the sensitive topic about Princess' other father was not once addressed. To say the pregnant male was relieved would be an understatement. Though ironically, it's been lingering in the back of his mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter