Rogue Life -3

Rogue Life
I felt my leg give out and pain shoot up my body as I fell to my knees.
I was so tired. I had just failed the training I was asked to do it, had been 6 months already. I just wanted to go home.
“I'm disappointed Taemin-ah, you need to learn to listen,” the man before me scowled as he swung the heel of his boot sharply into my side. I grimaced at the contact as I tried to crawl away.
“Where are you you going, hmm? You can’t escape. Where would you go? I have your family, you would have nothing to go back to if you left,” he laughed.
“W-..why are y..you doing this?” I asked cautiously, knowing the question might trigger another swift kick to my side.
“I need you Taemin, to help me with my um.. Lets just say business,” he smiled crookedly.
“But why me?” I said angrily, tears filling my eyes.
“Look at you. You're weak, no one would suspect you. I need you for special things, but not before I train you to listen,” he said grabbing me by the hair and pulling me into an upright position. Punching me in the face I fell back onto the ground and watched as my vision faded black.
~
My eyes opened and I sat upright in bed wiping the sweat from my forehead.
‘It was just a dream’ I thought to myself. I hated those dreams and anything that made me remember the horrible training I had to go through, locked away in that warehouse for almost a year.
I was forced to learn how to fight and to obey whatever orders were given to me, it was like one big nightmare.
Ruffling my bedhead I stumbled toward the kitchen, taking note of the peaceful morning outside. It was so quiet, almost saddening being here alone. Grabbing a cup from the pantry I filled it with water and drank slowly, I stopped when I heard my phone “beep” “beep”.
‘Just a message’ I thought recognizing the sound. I pulled it up and read it carefully.
[ Good job Taemin, I thought you would be too weak to do such a task. Now then as promised your reward. ]
I opened the attachment on the text to find a small fuzzy picture, It was a family sitting at a table but the picture was taken from outside. My eyes brimmed with tears as I recognized the family. It was my family, the family I hadn't seen in almost three years. They looked so happy, I wonder if they even still remembered losing me. And the bigger question: where were they? I was happy they were okay, but I missed them so much.
I dropped to my knees hugging them close to my chest. I cried, feeling so alone in this stupid house, why would he show me this now? I think almost an hour passed before I calmed down enough to stand up. I headed for the shower. Dressing in dark clothing I gazed at the bathroom mirror infront of me, noticing the dark shadows under my eyes. I had a drug deal to set up today, I just hope it goes better than it did last time.
I hid a couple knifes on me just in case, making sure to put the small package I had received in the mail in my backpack. I wasn’t sure what type of drug it was, all I knew is that I had to send out a sample. Sounded simple enough, but it was a really rough side of town. No matter, I would deal with whatever came my way. I headed out on my bike.
I parked in an empty lot not far from the apartment, I got off with my backpack and headed down the street on foot. Arriving I scoped out the area, the target resident was down a dingy looking alley and up some rusty stairs. I looked at the door before me, guarded by three menacing guys talking amongst each other. I sighed, mentally preparing myself before walking up to one as he glared down at me.
“Who the are you?” he spat.
“I’m here in regards for the boss,” I replied simply.
“Ah, wait here a minute,” he walked back for a moment and came back out shortly with a taller skinnier man trailing him a creepy smile plastered across his face.
“I didn’t know the boss was sending little girls to do his business now,” he laughed,“I trust you have the stuff i’m looking for and not just some wanting money.”
I glared, ‘what a freak’ I thought to myself.
“I have it,” I pulled my backpack off my shoulder and grabbed the small box from inside, handing it to the man I watched as he inspected it carefully and frowned.
“What the is this?” he asked angrily I just looked at him confused.
“Is this it,” he asked.
“What were you expecting?” I said not knowing what he was talking about but trying to act confident.
“So this is all you brought to me?”
“It’s just a sample,” I answered not sure what to do.
“No No NO this won't do, I set up to buy!” he shouted as I took a surprised step back.
“I was told to bring a sample you can buy at a later time” I said ready to get the hell out of there.
“You're not going anywhere!” he snarled.
I looked behind me and saw two people standing at the bottom of the stairs.
‘Dammit this wasn’t supposed to go bad’ I thought.  
“You’re going to get me what I want,” he said inching forward, making me back away closer to the thugs behind me. I thought quickly and grabbed on to the side railing, clearing it I landed on the cement floor eight feet below.
“What the , GET HIM!” I heard him yell as I ran. Dashing outside I looked around in confusion,‘Damn my bikes the other way I need to lose them.’
 
I dashed down the sidewalk, taking as many turns as I could to try and lose them. But I could still feel them close behind me. Feeling one of them trip me, I caught myself as I fell, turning just in time to dodge a blow to the face. But the second one hit me right in the gut and I spat blood as the world faded to black.
cleardot.gif