Rogue Life -1

Rogue Life

I felt fear run through me as I lowered the phone, trying to grasp the reality of what was just asked of me.                                                                                                                      

"Hellooo" the man said after a moment of silence passed.

"I can't" I replied slowly.

"You can and you will. He is getting in my way and yours..."

"But I have never killed anyone!!" I said knowing very well my pleading was futile.

"You're lucky then, it's a special moment for you. Kill him and I will give you a reward," he finished hanging up. I threw the phone on the bed, my heart was beating fast with the thought of ending a life. My thoughts a muddled mess I was brought back to reality with a loud 'bang' 'bang' coming from my door. Walking over I opened it slowly to find a rather long package on the ground. I pulled it inside knowing it was from the man I had just spoken with on the phone, I opened the box and to my surprise I find a note laying atop a rather large gun with a huge scope. I picked up the note and read carefully

​Hello Taemin, these are your instructions. Seeing as you have never done something like this, that variable will not be taken into consideration.

Failing is not an option.

​You will take your bike to the beach, I have sent the exact location to your phone and you are to wait for the target Choi Sinhu. I have attached a picture to this note.

​He should exit his home sometime around 18:00 hours.

You are to take the target out and  immediately leave the perimeter. Remember it’s not just your life at risk here...

​After I finished reading the note I crumpled it in frustration and threw it. I noticed the picture fall off the back I picked it up off the ground looking closely at the man I had to murder. He looked like an older man about in his 50s, I can't believe I’ve being forced to kill someone. Not wanting to think about what would happen if a failed or didn't go through with it.

Later that day~

​I double checked everything making sure I was properly prepared before starting up my bike. I strapped on my helmet and took off, heading straight for the coordinates sent to my phone, it was about a thirty minute drive before I arrived at the location.

'This is it' I thought nervously. It was a small area covered in brush, overlooking a beach.

Trying not to think too much about what I was about to do, I removed the gun from the bike’s seat compartment. Just holding it made my stomach drop, I got into position lying down I looked through the scope. It didn’t take long to find the target’s house. I could feel my heart beating faster with every passing moment. I reverted my scope to the house where the back door opened. My stomach was in knots. It was him, my target walked out. I also took a moment to notice the beach wasn't privet either. There were people out and about, enjoying the sunlit day.

I focused my aim on the man’s head, feeling sweat drip down my forehead. Just as I was about to pull the trigger the man sat down.

'' I was being too hesitant​, I just wanted to cry. I had to do this, the ones I loved lives where on the line. After composing myself I re-focused my aim until I saw the back of the man’s head through my gun, I held my breath and pulled the trigger.


                                                                              ~To be Continued~