Oi! Squirrel

Little Squirrel

A young girl with pigtails and squirrel pajamas sat on the bench in hospital park. Dried tears can be seen in her puffy cheeks, sobbing faintly. 

"mommy.... Daddy...." the girl struggle to breath as she continue sobbing. 

A small squirrel plushie laid on the ground next to her feet, it's head gone. 

"what's wrong, little girl?" a woman in white ask her, smiling. 

The girl looked up and saw familiar woman. She quickly hugs her and cried on her embrace.

"Nurse Im....C-Chen"

The woman smiled upon hearing the familiar name. 

"what's wrong with him?"

"H-he...tried to steal Amy from me"

"Amy?"

The girl pointed at the headless plushie and the woman took it. 

"This is Amy?"

The girl nodded as she rubs her eyes cutely.

"aww...Did Chen apologize?"

"I...."

"c'mon. Let's give him some lesson"

The woman offered her hand. The girl looked to her before gladly accepted.

The two entered the hospital and goes straight to a group of kids who playing around in pajamas. 

"Chen!"

A young boy with purplish hair stands up from his seat. 

"yes, Nurse Im?"

"Did you fight with Sana again?"

"nope"

The little girl, Sana glared to Chen. 

"don't lie you Yoda! You tried to steal Amy from me!"

"what? Amy? You mean that lifeless ugly squirrel plushie?"

"Ugly?! You're the one who's ugly alien face! "

The two pointed to each other in an heated argument. 

"alien face? Say that to yourself, Squirrel!"

"Chou alien Chen!"

"shut it Minatozaki!"

"Stop it you two!"

Nurse Im closed her eyes and pull them away from each other. 

"tell me the truth! Who's fault is this?! "

"Her"

"Him"

Nurse Im not impressed and crossed her arms.

"mhm.. Tbh, I did stole Sana's squirrel plushie...but hey! I will not do it if you didn't hide my lightsaber"

"It's my revenge after you drink my favorite strawberry milkshake!"

"I told you before! Mohiko drinks it! Not me!" 

"How will I believe it?"

"Ask your penguin friend! She witnessed it" 

A little girl with ponytail perked up after hearing her name being mentioned. She approached them while holds a grey-white penguin plushie that size is almost big as her. 

"Did you guys call me?" The girl blinked innocently. 

"Mina there's a question that I want to ask and you must answer it honestly" Sana said to Mina and the girl nodded

"If it true that the one who drink my milkshake is Mohiko?" Mina glanced at Chen nervously, Chen glared at her

"....t-true. Mohiko threat me to not say it to you and he will buy me another penguin plushie if I do that" Mina lowered her gaze

 

Nurse Im huffed at the scene. Only because a strawberry milkshake these 2 having big fight? Yes sure they're children but....

"so...clear right? Now Sana you apologize to Chen for misunderstood and Chen too for destroying Sana plushie" the two groan but apologize anyway after Nurse Im threaten to call Nurse Park. 

"you too, Mina. Why you lied for a plushie?" Mina pouted but blushed because thought about the reason

"I'm sorry guys. It's my fault" Mina hold her plushie tightly

"ahh....that's why Mohiko Been diligently saves his money" Chen grinned

"Huh?" Nurse Im frowned

"week ago, Mohiko been saves some money. When his sister visit him, he gives out the money and tell her to buy a penguin plushie. And....now that plushie ended in your hands" Chen explain and pointed at Mina plushie.

"aww... How romantic" Nurse Im smiled and spazzing over, only making Mina cheeks more red. 

 

Chen grinned at Mina but his eyes caught a sulking Sana. He sigh and reach the Headless squirrel plushie from Nurse Im.

 

"I will Change it. Do you want a big plushie as well?" Sana looked at Chen and find him dimple-smiled at her. Sana open little and blinks her eyes. 

Chen smile become wider and move closer to Sana, pinch her cheek.

"say yes before I change my mind" he whispered but Sana can still heard it. Sana didn't know but for sure, she felt her cheeks warm. 

 

Sana look at Chen is he serious and he does after Sana stared deep at his eyes. She put on a small smile before nodding cutely. Chen can't help but rubs Sana right cheek, grinning wide.

 

Nurse Im smiled at them. Then when she drifts her gaze to the other side of the lobby, she find a young man in white coat leaned against the wall crossing his arms while smiled at her.

 

"Junyoung? Since when you're there?" Nurse Im raised her brow. The young man chuckled as he stand by his own and walks toward her, hands in his pant pocket. 

"since you Fangirling over how romantic love between those kids" Nurse Im drop her smile and pout. 

"But...what Mohiko did was romantic isn't it?"

"it is. I appreciate how he unconsciously acts sweet towards Mina" Junyoung looked to Mina who now sits on a chair with penguin plushie, smiled at whatever Mohiko did no matter how stupid it is.

"Btw...." Nurse Im turn to him, waiting the next words. 

"Chen and Sana remind me of us" Junyoung giggled as he replayed a past scenes between him and Nurse Im in his head. 

"yeah.....but Sana just too dense to know that Chen care for her" 

"I remember when Chen find Sana hugging other boys. He use his lightsaber and let out his jealousy to Daehyun" the two laughed at the memories.

"Meh.....i find Sana jealous too. Weeks ago at lunchtime, Chen get offered a lunchbox by a girl from another room. Sana caught it and furiously stabbing her bento" 

 

The pair looked at the children who playing around happily before hearing a familiar loud voice. 

 

"Kim Daehyun!! Who teach you to do that?!" the two turned and find a woman in white dragged a young little boy by collar. 

"what's wrong, Jihyo?" 

"This brat over here, sneaked in to a adult patient room and since the patient is woman,  he told her that if she wants taste some...." Jihyo whispered the last part but only the two other adult heard it. 

"what the-.... Who teach you?!" Nurse Im turned to Daehyun who stare at her innocently. 

"a man say it to a woman in TV at Dr. Yoo room" Daehyun smiled without sin. The two nurse glared at the young doctor while gritted their teeth. 

"Yoo Junyoung!!"the doctor ran before he died in place

 

Next day, 

Chen and Sana walking together in the park. Chen keep stealing glances and nervously walking following Sana. He don't know what it is but for sure his heart beating furiously at the thought Sana and him walking side by side. 

 

The two took a seat at bench near a fish pond. Chen can't do anything except sits stiffly put his poker face. He glanced at Sana who smiling at the swimming fishes. 

 

"......you like it?" Sana turn to him, blinks her eyes. 

"I mean the fishes" Chen looked away tries not to look at her.

"oh!...Yup. my granpa used to pet some fishes at home" Chen might not look at her, but she can sense an excitement in her voice. 

 

Silence come...as Chen keep fighting against his thought and Sana who admired everything that caught her sight. 

 

After a while, Chen took a deep breath before stared seriously at Sana. Sana looked back, Chen felt he almost fainted.

 

"d-don't....get too close with those boys!" Chen bravely said out of nowhere. Sana process what he said before smiled widely after know what he means. 

"why?" Sana move closer to him

".....t-they can be bad to you!" Chen looked down, cannot face her. 

"......if you say so~" Sana leaned her head to Chen shoulder as she hug Chen arm. 

 

Chen blushed and smiled widely. 

 

"Oi, squirrel...."

"yes?"

"I....i like you"

"....you know...i been waiting for you to say that since yesterday"

"so?"

"I like you too...Chen"

"will you marry me when we get older?"

"of course, Chen. Of course. I will. And we will make a lot babies"

"babies?"

"uhuh"g

"you seems want to have a lot kids aren't you?"

"I'm. Especially with you"

 

The two leaned against each other. Smiled craved on their face.