Part 3: Sticky Notes

Paper Planes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica reaches over for her phone and silences the incessant alarm blaring throughout her bedroom. She sighs in relief when the annoying sound disappears and places her phone onto the bedside table beside her lamp. She closes her eyes and is about to drift off to sleep when the three digits glaring at her a few seconds ago come to mind and she forces herself to reopen her eyes. In her groggy state, Jessica picks up her phone and taps on the screen. Her eyes widen when she confirms the time on her phone and she realises she’s late.

 

Of course, spoilt princesses like Jessica are always late but today is probably the only day that she cares that she’s running behind on schedule.

 

“ ,” Jessica mutters under her breath as she clambers out of bed and carelessly tosses her blanket back onto the mattress, not even bothering to make her bed. She hurriedly goes through her morning procedure of brushing her teeth, changing her clothes and applying light makeup to her face before lugging down her suitcase to the front door. She’s about to step outside of the household when she curses at herself for forgetting her car keys and dashes into the kitchen, surprising the rest of her family as they consume their breakfast.

 

“Sooyeon, it’s the weekend. Why are you rushing?” Her father asks after he recovers from his shock, raising his cup of coffee to his lips whilst his eyes return to the newspaper spread out on the table.

 

“I’m late!” She exclaims, frantically finding her car keys that she carelessly tossed onto the table the night before.

 

“Since when was that news?” Krystal remarks, immediately picking up her plate of food and hurrying off to the living room to avoid her sister’s wrath.

 

“What are you late for dear? You don’t have work today,” Mrs Jung says, handing her oldest daughter a bottle of water as she whizzes by.

 

“I’ll be on a trip for a few days. Love you Mum, Dad,” Jessica says quickly, pecking the both of them on their cheeks before running off to her car with her suitcase.

 

“Yah, Jung Sooyeon!” Her mother calls out to the empty front yard as Jessica backs out of the driveway and drives away to the airport.

 

 

 

Jessica quickly locks her car and runs to the airport whilst thumbing through her phone and trying to find Taeyeon’s contact. She hurriedly checks in her suitcase and proceeds to make her way to the boarding gate when someone taps her on her shoulders. She turns around and gasps when a brunette lowers her sunglasses to her nose bridge and she can see large brown eyes staring back at her before they are covered once again by the shades.

 

“I’m sorry for arriving late,” Jessica says meekly, bowing her head in apology.

 

“That’s okay; I thought you stood me up,” Taeyeon replies, patting the woman’s shoulder in reassurance. She’s surprised when Jessica’s head quickly shoots up and the woman has a look of hurt on her face.


“I would never do that to you!”

 

“I’m sure,” Taeyeon teases, proceeding to walk away towards the terminal. She hears footsteps running after her before someone falls into step with her and a hand tugs on her shirt.

 

“It’s true! I only came late because I overslept,” Jessica confesses quietly, deciding that the floor is more interesting to look at. She snaps her head back when she feels a soft pair of lips on her forehead and finds herself falling into Taeyeon’s eyes as she removes her sunglasses and hangs them on her shirt.

 

Jessica bites her lips when she can see the outline of her colleague’s collarbones and the top of her s.

 

“Let’s go; we have a flight to catch,” Taeyeon utters softly, holding out her hand for the other woman to take.

 

Jessica squeaks and hopes the older woman didn’t catch her staring at little too hard at her chest.

 

 

 

Jessica tries not to squeal in delight when the both of them board the plane and Taeyeon turns to her with an adorable pout and a troubled look adorned on her face.

 

“Do you want the window seat?” Taeyeon shyly asks, rubbing the back of her neck to show her nervousness.

 

“Do you want to sit there?” Jessica answers, placing her carryon in the overhead locker. When she turns back to face her companion, she smirks at how flustered and fidgety the woman becomes.

 

“Huh? No no no, you can sit there if you want –”

 

Taeyeon’s cut off by a pair of lips to her cheek. When Jessica leans back, she has a glint of mischief in her eyes and an impish grin on her face.

 

“You can sit there if you want,” She repeats Taeyeon’s words, relishing in the way the woman’s cheeks turn red and how she hastily sits down beside the window and stares outside. Jessica plops down beside her and giggles when Taeyeon keeps her gaze fixed on a plane taking off in the distance and refuses to look at her. She studies the woman for a few more seconds before shaking her head and switching her phone to flight mode as she waits for their own plane to fly to their destination.

 

 

 

Jessica’s about to get some shut eye when she feels a head land on her left shoulder. She tries to slowly turn her head and not wake up the woman leaning on her, only to flinch when Taeyeon unconsciously curls her fingers around Jessica’s hand and holds her.

 

She stifles a giggle when she hears her co-worker mumble in her sleep and she presses her lips to Taeyeon’s forehead as she readjusts the woman’s position on her shoulder to make her more comfortable.

 

Somehow, Jessica manages to decipher a soft call of “Sooyeon” and it makes the smile on her face widen as she squeezes Taeyeon’s hand.

 

 

 

When the aircraft begins to land, Jessica feels the weight on her shoulders being lifted and she turns her head to see a yawning Taeyeon covering and stretching in her seat. She patiently waits until the woman adjusts to her surroundings and shoots Taeyeon a silly smile when the woman realises she’s not alone.

 

“Oh!” Taeyeon gasps, covering in surprise. The giggle she hears beside her makes her bury her face in her hands out of shyness. Jessica squeals at Taeyeon’s bashful nature and tugs on the woman’s arms to free her face. When Taeyeon finally allows her face to be seen, the younger woman leans over and pinches her cheeks.

 

“So cute,” Jessica remarks, beaming when Taeyeon hides her face again and waves her hands at her to collect her carryon and start moving out of the plane.

 

 

 

When the taxi takes them to the hotel and they approach the receptionist for their room, Taeyeon’s shocked by the accommodation arrangements Jessica’s made prior to their arrival.

 

“You booked a room with only one bed?” Taeyeon squeaks, trying to clear her mind of any erted thoughts. She runs a hand through her hair and fights the urge to pull it from stress.

 

“We’re both women,” Jessica comments over her shoulder as she swings the room keys in her hand and walks into the elevator. She her head to the side as if to wait for Taeyeon to follow her. Jessica smiles in amusement when her co-worker takes a deep breath and shakes her head before walking into the lift and standing beside her.

 

“I can’t believe you did that,” Taeyeon mutters under her breath, which Jessica successfully manages to hear.

 

“Well believe it Kim Taeyeon because you’ll be rooming with me for the next two days,” The younger woman teases, deliberately pressing her body against Taeyeon’s as she reaches around her to press the button for their floor.

 

Jessica tries to hide her smile when she hears her co-worker’s breath hitch at their close proximity.

 

She only hopes that everything goes according to plan.

 

 

 

The first thing Jessica does as soon as she enters their shared room is allow her body to drop onto the bed. She’s just about to close her eyes when she feels something nudge into her toes and she rolls over to look up at Taeyeon, who crosses her arms in front of her chest and her eyebrows in amusement as she stares down at the woman on the bed.

 

“Are you planning on taking a nap?” Taeyeon asks.

 

“Maybe, because unlike a certain princess I didn’t get the opportunity to take a nap on the plane,” Jessica responds, smiling when her co-worker flushes red and fans her face.

 

“I’m not a princess,” Taeyeon bashfully says, bowing her head to face the floor whilst her fringe falls into her eyes. She squeals in surprise when she feels a pair of arms wrap around her waist and a head rest itself on her left shoulder.

 

“But you’re my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter