'Straya Day

Vixx Down Under

*Australia Day special chapter*

Italics mean english. Normal font is Vixx speaking in Korean.


"Frank! Can ya go down to the bottle'o* an' get some grog*?" yelled one rather sunburt man in boardies* to another man who was a few metres away from him.
"Oi nah, off. I bought us last time, it's your turn now mate!" the second man, Frank, yelled back.
The sunburnt man sighed and nodded his head, "Thas true mate. I'm sorry. The VB's* on me this year, mate!"
Frank turned to look towards his friend and grinned, "You're a sick , Steven!"
The two smiled at one another as Vixx watched their exchange with curious eyes.
"They swore at each other," said Ravi, "Usualy people swear at each other when they argue. But they seems happy." Ravi scratched his head, he was quite confused by the situation.
N hummed, in deep thought, "Maybe they argue differently in Australia?"
Leo shot N a glare and whispered, "Arguing is the same no matter where you go, stupid." N's gaze snapped towards Leo and the eldest had the younger in a headlock in the blink of an eye.
"I am not stupid!" exclaimed N as he gave Leo a noogie, messing up the younger's hair entirely.
They had all taken a trip to the south eastern suburbs of Sydney, it was quite a change from the hustle of the city centre where they were staying at the moment. They were now walking along a main road lined with shops and cafes near a beach.
"Or maybe swearing is a custom here?" contemplated Hongbin, as he watched the two ment converse, swearing left, right and centre. "You know, something you can only do with people who are close to you?"
The rest of the members nodded their heads, mulling over Hongbin's words.
"He could be right!" said Ken, "Maybe it's their way of showing affection?" Hyuk hummed in agreement.
Their attention was captured once again when the two men spoke once more.
"Oi Steve, what you think they're doing?" Frank said, casting a glace over at Vixx, who tried to seem like they weren't staring this whole time.
Steve looked to where Frank mentioned and smiled, "Maybe they're tourists. Recon they wanna celebrate with us?"
"Fair dinkum*?" said Frank, "I don't see why not. The more the merrier."
Frank started to walk towards Vixx and they watched with cautious eyes. 
"You blokes wanna hang with us? We're gonna have a barbie* for Straya day. Plenty of snags to go around!" 
Vixx all cast glances at each other, hardly understanding what Frank had said to them. 
"What did he say?" asked Ken, as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.
"I'm not too sure... What is this 'barbie' he speaks of?" pondered Hongbin, his head tilted to one side.
"Hyuk, you studied English in school. What did he say?" N asked the maknae as he pulled on the younger's shirt.
Hyuk thought for a moment and then spoke, "Not too sure... Let me ask." Hyuk looked at Frank and cleared his throat, "Sorry, my English is not good. Please say again?" 
Frank smiled at Hyuk and spoke again, only a bit slower this time, "Today is Australia Day. Big celebration. You want to celebrate with me and my friends?"
Hyuk nodded in understanding and turned to his hyungs to translate, "He asked us if we want to celebrate with them."
"Celebrate what?" asked Ravi.
"Hmm..." pondered Hyuk, "I think he said it was Australia Day? So it's a national holiday today."
"Wow! That's so cool!" N got excited, "Of course we will. Yes, yes~" 
Frank beamed at N's response, "You rippa*! We will meet you tonight at 7 down at Nulla beach. My name's Frank, by the way. And that there's Steve." Frank pointed his thumb back at Steve who was now standing beside him. 
"Nice to meet ya!" greeted Steve with a cracked-lip smile.
Vixx all bowed and introduced themselves one by one. 
"Right, now so it's easier to remember you guys, I'm gonna give you nicknames." said Steve and he narrowed his eyes in thought. He suddenly pointed at N, "You seem to be the eldest and kinda like the mum of the group so your Nan from now on. Ken is Kenno... Ravi, Ravo. Hongbin, Bongo. Leo can just stay as he is, pretty straight forward." From what Leo could understand, he wasn't getting a nickname so he was glad. "And Hyuk... Hmm.... You're the tallest and quite built like a fridge so, I guess you can be Fridge, or Fridgie."
Vixx all seemed to like their new nicknames, but they were more excited to have made news friends in a foreign country. 
"Thank you, Frankeu! Nice to meet you! We will see you tonight!" Hyuk said with a big smile. Vixx all nodded their heads in agreement.
"On ya mate!* See you tonight!" Frank grinned as they all shook hands and parted ways. 
"Wait..." Ken stopped walking, "What's a Nulla?" 
Ravi looked at Hongbin as if expecting an answer. "Why are you looking at me? I have no idea!"
Leo wasn't really paying attention, he was too busy looking around at all the cafes by the beach when he saw a sign that said: Cronulla Beach.
"Ya..." he called softly, catching the attention of his fellow members, "Look." He pointed up at the sign.
"What about it Leo? It just says Cronulla beach, what does it have anything to do wi-" N was cut off when Kenjumma suddenly shrieked.
"Nulla is short for Cronulla!" Vixx collectively made sounds of realisation. 
"Ah..."
"OH MY HUSBAND IS SO SMART!" N exclaimed as he pulled Leo into what looked like a choke hold and started pecking the crown of his head. 
"At least now we know where to meet our new friends." said Hongbin. 
***
7 o'clock couldn't have come around any faster. The boys had been thinking about meeting with their new friends all day but tried to pass the time as best as they could. They had walked up and down the main road a number of times, went to the beach and even visited the nearest shopping centre. Before they knew it, they were heading down to Nulla beach to meet Frank and Steve.
As they walked, Ken spotted a group of men. Most of the men had either Australian flag tattoos or wore the Australian flag on their shirts and boardies. But what made Ken even more excited was the two familiar faces amongst the group.
"Frank!" he called out, waving his hand frantically. 
The man looked over to see Vixx jointing the group.
"Kenno! Glad you could all make it!" greeted Frank as he handed Ken a stubbie.
Vixx greeted their new friends as well as introduced themselves to the other men in the group. 
After Frank had announced everyone had arrived they walked to a house behind the main road and entered the backyard. 
Vixx were amazed at the sight of Steve cooking at the bbq and the amount of snags* that were being cooked.
"G'day! Eat as much as you want boys!" Steve placed a snag in a slice of bread and added a heap of tomato sauce. Leo was the first to smell the delicious sausage sandwich and looked at it with curious eyes.
"Go on mate, it's not gonna bite." Steve giggled at Leo's actions. 
Leo quietly thanked him before taking the food and having a bite. Leo's world seemed to stop as he chewed on the exotic Australian dish. He had never eaten anything like this before! And he never wanted to stop. All of Vixx knew that if Leo liked a certain food, he would not stop eating it until he was sick. 
"Leo hyung please control yourself. We don't want to seem weird in front of our new friends!" Hongbin pulled on Leo's shirt sleeve and the older looked at him and nodded before finishing the rest of his sausage sandwich in one mouthful. Hongbin facepalmed and shook his head. 
The night was passing pleasantly, with the members of Vixx getting to know Frank, Steve and the rest of their mates. Even though the language barrier got in the way at times, it was so problem once the VB started to kick in. 
"Aight mates!" Steve shouted over everybody, getting their attention, "Since we got 'bout 'aff an hour til the fireworks. How's 'bout we teach our new friends a Strayan tradition?" 
The rest of the men cheered as they lifted their stubby holders containing either a can of VB or Carona.
"Lets show you how it's done." Frank got up and grabbed a fresh can of beer. 
His friends all began to sing a song and Frank opened the can and drank the whole thing in one go. Vixx were amazed at the sight as the others cheered for Frank. 
"Bongo! You first, mate." one of the other men a beer into Hongbin's hand and they began to sing.
"Here's to Bongo, he's true blue. He's a piss pot through and through~" He looked around at the other Vixx members who watched on in awe. Hongbin opened the can and smiled timidly. 
"He's a bastard, so they say. He wanted to go to heaven but he went the other way~" This was the point of the song where Frank began to drink, so Hongbin brought the can to his lips and drank.
"He went down, down, down, down~"  as they all chanted the same word over and over again Hongbin tried his best to skull the drink in one go and when he swallowed the last mouthful he crushed the can in his hand. 
The men all cheered, "Hooray for Bongo! Hooray at last! Hooray for Bongo!" 
They all clapped and cheered. Hongbin, despite being very drunk, felt proud of himself. 
They were all startled when they heard a loud bang and looked up to see fireworks. 
"Look!" shouted Ken, "Fireworks~"
They all hurried to the beach and watched the fireworks display from the shore. 
Vixx had never celebrated Australia Day before. But they would surely make note of the date to celebrate it again. It was a lot of fun, making friends and having a good time with them. 
Australia Day was a very special day for Vixx. One they would never forget. 

*bottle'o = Liquor store
Grog = alcohol
Boardies = board shorts
VB = Victorian Bitter/beer
Fair Dunkum = true 
Stubbie = slang for beer
Stubbie holder = foam beer holder
Snag = sausage
You rippa = used when syaing someone is awesome/great
On ya mate = Good on you!

Hongbin's nickname is pronounced Bong-oh. Haha!! XD 


Hello everyone~ ^^
I hope all my fellow aussies had a great Australia Day yesterday!! :D
And to everyone else, I hope you had a great day/night!! ^^
I know it's one day late, but here is a special chapter for this special national holiday~ (/^.^)/
I apologise for the swearing.. ^^'
I actually hate the C word but it is said very often here in Australia so... I can't not add it in.. XD
Also, that song the guys sing at the end is an actual aussie song that we sing when someone skulls there drink.
Haha!! XD
Anyway.. i hope you all enjoyed this chapter!! ^^
Please comment what you think~ 
 
Until the next chapter.xo