Two

First Snow ❄️
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    The First Snow ❄️

 

It’s been a week.

It was still early in the morning, but Mina had to wake up early due to her work. Dangling her legs off the side of the bed, she stretched both of her arms in the air. Her eyes stared blankly into the mirror that was leaned against the wall. Standing up from the bed, she made her way towards the mirror.

Mina frowned when she saw her own face. She looked pale, tired, and pathetic. She was nothing like this. She was a cheerful and energetic girl. She threw her memories to travel back when she was five years old.

She was watching the gymnastics contest with her parents. Mina was astonished when she saw the contestants did such graceful and spectacular moves with the colorful ribbons. She remembered calling the contestants as swans because they were so graceful like swans.

She told her parents that she wanted to be one of them so she started to learn ballet by taking ballet classes. She was grateful because both of her parents showed a ton of support to her.

Two years later, Mina won the Japanese Junior Gymnastics Championship and she was so happy with her own achievement.

She felt so great and continued her passion for ballet and gymnastics for twelve years. It was a shame that she had to forget her dream to enter the National Gymnastics Team because of her current situation. Well, she has no reason to continue her journey anymore since both of her strength were gone.

Mina wiped off the glistening tears on the corner of her eyes. Before she went to bathroom, she glanced at the turmeric powder along the bottom of the room’s door. Her grandmother believed that turmeric would prevent evil spirits from entering the room and Mina thought it was lunatic.

“Good morning, sweetheart.” Mina's grandfather greeted her.

Mina stopped and turned to her grandfather. She politely bowed to him before joining him for a breakfast. Mina kindly poured some green tea into her grandfather’s cup before handing the cup to him.

When her grandfather was about to reach for the cup handle Mina could saw a woman with long black hair covering her blue face smirking at her beside her grandfather. Her hands trembled so much that the cup of tea loosened from her grip and cracked a little when it hit the table surface.

Realizing her granddaughter’s situation, her grandfather shouted for his wife. “Honey! Get me turmeric powder! Mina is seeing something again!”

Within seconds, Mina’s grandmother came with a tiny bowl of turmeric powder and she started to sprinkle the powder in all corners of the room. After finishing with the ritual, she made her way to Mina, rubbing her gently on the back to ease her.

“If you’re not feeling well you don’t have to go to work today.” Mina seemed more relaxed when her grandmother rubbed her back but she stuttered with her sentences.

“I... I’m fine. I suppose. I must… no, I have to go to work today as there is no other worker except for me. Poor Mrs. Yang. I’ll be fine, grandma.”

Mina finally set her foot off to work when she succeeded convincing her grandparents that she would be okay. Her grandmother, however, insisted her to wear a weird necklace. She said that it could prevent ghosts or evil spirits from getting near to her. Mina nodded to her ludicrous ideas and eventually went with it.

She was arranging the stack of canned soft drinks into the refrigerator when the shop’s bell rang. A customer at this hour? She glanced at her watch. Five minutes before seven. Well, it was a convenience store to begin with.

“Welcome!” She got up from her position and smiled awkwardly to a young boy, probably in her age that was standing in front of her.

“Is Mrs. Yang here?” He genuinely asked Mina.

“Oh. Are you her son?” Mina made a guessing before she heard a familiar voice calling for her.

“Mina, sweetheart. Who are you talking to? Is that the n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter