One

First Snow ❄️
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    The First Snow ❄️         

 

It was snowing. My whole body felt numb.

 

“Where am I?”

 

“Why is it so dark here?”

 

“Why can’t I move my body?”

 

“Please... Tell me…” I begged.

 

I heard someone crying. The voice felt so familiar to me.

 

“Is that you, mother?”

 

“Jimin, my son! My baby. Please don’t leave me...” I heard her cry my name.

 

“Oh...” I said.

 

I must be dead.

 

 

Three knocks banged on the door causing Mina to wake up from her dream. An old lady carrying a plastic bag of apples came in. Mina threw her a bitter smile. The old lady smiled back to Mina, fading the countless wrinkles on her face. She, then took out an apple from the plastic bag and reached for a knife.

“Want some?” The old lady waved the apple lightly.

Mina shook her head, refusing to eat the nutritious, foreign fruit. The old lady turned her sight to the table. She let out a small sigh when she saw a tray of food from today’s breakfast was still untouched.

It’s been three full days after the accident. Mina and her family were supposed to visit her grandparents in South Korea. Mina was the only daughter in her family. She was so excited to meet her grandparents that she packed her belongings a week earlier before the visit. But, then a misfortune happened.

It was snowing. In fact, it was the first snow in South Korea. Mina hummed a Christmas carol joyfully and tapped the falling snow playfully through the car’s window. It wasn’t her first time going to South Korea, but it was indeed her first time witnessing the first snow in South Korea.

“I can’t wait to see grandma and grandpa,” Mina murmured softly.

“Are you excited?” Her mother turned her body to face Mina in the back seat.

“Really excited!” Mina cheered loudly like a little kid which made both of her parents burst into laughter.

“Mina. I’m sorry that we couldn’t go somewhere else, but South Korea. I bet you must be bored.” Mina’s father suddenly spoke. A tinge of guilt tensed in his sentences.

“It’s okay. I’m happy as long as we’re together! I love you mom and dad.” Mina confessed.

   “We love you too, Mina.” Her father whispered, but loud enough to be heard by his beloved wife and daughter.

They were the last words spoken by her father. Mina shut her eyes tightly. The five words kept on echoing in her head and so was the terrible accident. She could remember the accident very well. The deafening sounds from the crashes and the shards of glass that pierced into her delicate skin. It was a tragic accident. Both of her parents unfortunately died in the accident leaving her as the only survivor.

She snapped her eyes open when she heard her grandmother was calling her name.

“Mina. Are you okay?” She asked with one of her han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter