It's Not a Dream?!

Trading Faces

NOTE: THIS FIC WAS RE-WRITTEN. Make sure you read the forward.

Enjoy!

 


Yoseob POV



I blinked slowly, opening my eyes to see a white ceiling. I looked around and saw that I was in a nurse’s office at what looked like a school. Rubbing my eyes, I got up slowly. I felt a little weird, but I brushed if off as I walked to the door. I heard unfamiliar voices, and then a door close. Opening the door a bit, I stuck my head out and saw a girl that was walking back and forth impatiently. She looked over when the door opened, and her face looked flooded with relief, as she ran over and hugged me.

"YAH! MARI! Are you feeling ok? You passed out in the hallway, YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!! I carried you to the nurses office like wonder woman, you should've seen it. But anyways, ARE YOU OK!?!" She said, screaming half the time. I pulled away from the girl confused.

"Uhh, who... are you? And what am I doing here?" I said, as the girl's face dropped, and she froze for a few seconds. She grabbed my arms and shook me violently.

"NOOOO!!!! DON'T TELL ME WHEN YOU FELL YOU GOT AMNESIA?!?! THAT ONLY HAPPENS IN DRAMAS!! MARI, IT'S ME, HYONAM. YOUR BEST FRIEND. SHOULD I GO GET THE NURSE?!?! NO, WE NEED TO GET YOU TO A HOPSITAL. ARE YOU BLEEDING ANYWHERE?!?!" She shouted, then bending my head down to check the top of my head, when I noticed long hair sway in front of my face. My eyed widened, as I reached out and felt the hair that was suddenly on my head. I looked down and noticed I wasn't wearing the same clothes.

"Yah! What am I wearing? Why am I like this?! Where are my members?!" I shouted, looking at my surroundings nervously. I saw the door for the bathroom and ran to it immediately. I ran to the mirror above the sink and almost fell when I saw the reflection. And then I screamed like a girl.
 


Mari POV



I opened my eyes once again and saw I was in a white room. I picked my head up only to feel a pounding headache. I looked down at my clothes and sighed. I was still wearing Yoseob's clothes. It wasn't a dream after all. Getting off the hospital bed, I peeked through the window and saw a doctor talking to Beast's manager. The doctor then walked away with the manager, and I saw this as a perfect opportunity. I looked over to the window in the room and saw it was cracked open slightly. Peeking my head out, I saw I was on the ground level. It wasn't a far drop at all. Taking one last look, I lifted my leg out the window, and turned around, hoisting myself down. I dropped about a foot and then landed in the shrubs by the building. Taking in my surroundings, I noted that the school was about 8 minutes by foot from here. I started running, thankful that I decided to take the window when I saw the large crowd of press and fans waiting by the front of the hospital.

Little did I know I was being followed by someone else.

 


Yoseob POV



"But- but how is that even possible?! Are you sure you're not going crazy?! Maybe you got hit in the head at the fansign event and didn't know it. Or maybe some creeper stuck you with something and you're just going crazy." The girl, Hyonam, said, pacing back and forth, as much of a nervous wreck as I was.

"I'm definitely Yoseob, I'm sure. I don't even know how this happened... it's not like I drank anything weird like on Secret Garden..." I started to say, when it hit me. "That's it! I know what's wrong!" Hyonam looked at me, hope in her eyes.

"What?! What is it?!"

"I'm sleeping right now!" I exclaimed. Hyonam looked at me blankly. "I watched a marathon of Secret Garden the other day, and now I'm just having a weird dream that it happened to me! And since you two were at the fan sign event, I subconsciously put you in my dream! Ah, this makes so much sense. Can you do me a favor and wake me up? Like slap me or something?" I said, as she looked at me with the same blank stare.

"... I'm going to get the nurse. You're definitely on something." Hyonam said, as she turned to go out the door."

"No! Really! I have to be asleep right now. Ah, what does it matter. I'm going to wake up soon anyways." I said, sitting down on a chair. "Boy, this is a long dream."

"Maybe it's because YOU'RE AWAKE. NOW STAY HERE. I'm getting the nurse. There's something very wrong with you right now." Hyonam said, as I rolled my eyes and stood where I was. She opened the door just as someone else was opening it.

"Ah- H-Hyonam. Is Mari here?" The boy stuttered. Hyonam pushed him to the side.

"Not now, Onew. Mari isn't feeling well. She's a bit crazy at the moment, so I'm getting the nurse." She said, as she started to walk away.

"You mean Yoseob..." he said, stopping Hyonam in her tracks. My eyes widened, and I stood up, pointing a finger at him.

"How do you know?!" I shouted at him, and there was a short silence as Onew looked over at Hyonam, who had a dark look on her face. In a flash he was suddenly up against the wall by the throat as Hyonam held him with one hand and my wrist with the other. I don't even remember being dragged over. For a small girl, she was quite powerful. She glared at Onew, a dark aura surrounding her.

"What did you do to Mari." She asked, holding up my wrist. "WHERE'S MY MARI?!?!" She shouted as Onew held his throat.

"Can't... breathe..." He choked out, and I noticed his face turning purple. Eyes widening, I grabbed her hand that was around his throat.

"Yah! How is he supposed to answer you when he can't breathe?!" I shouted, and she loosened her grip, grabbing his collar instead.

"Answer me, is this another one of your experiments, Genius Boy?" She asked, as Onew coughed for air. After taking a breath, he looked over at me.

"I'm really sorry, but I switched you with Mari by accident instead of my sister. I made this device that switches people, and I wanted her and Mari to switch, so Hyonam could learn to act like a nice, decent human being, but it turned out like this. Sorry." He said.

"Decent hu- why you!" Hyonam said, letting go of my wrist and bring her other hand over to grab him, hoisting him up from the ground.

"No- it's alright... I understand, I think..." I said, and Hyonam snapped her head over to me.

"No- it's not alright! And don't side with him!" She said, but I wasn't really paying attention, as I thought hard. My head snapped up.

"WAIT! So does this mean I'm actually awake?!" I shouted, and Onew nodded slowly, struggling under Hyonam's grip. Suddenly a boy appeared at the corner of the hallways, looking frantically back and forth. When he looked over towards us he shouted out loud.

"HYONAM!!" He said, running over. Hyonam looked over at him and let go of Onew, as he dropped to the floor, grunting. I froze at the voice. 'No way...' I turned around, and we both froze in shock. After a few minutes of staring, we both pointed at each other.

"That's me..." we said. Hyonam walked up to me-her?-whoever it was- and stared.

"Yoseob oppa?" Hyonam asked, and he shook my-his-her head.

"It's me, Mari." she said, as Onew got up from the ground, and bowed in apology.

"I'm so sorry, Mari! I meant to switch you with Hyonam, but by accident you were switched with Yoseob, I really didn't mean for things to turn out this way, and now I have to fix the device because it broke-" He started to explain, as Hyonam turned around ferociously, and was about to attack Onew if it weren't for Mari holding her back.

"IT BROKE?!?! HOW ARE THEY GOING TO GET BACK TO NORMAL NOW?!?!" She screamed, as Onew hid behind me.

"I can fix it! It's going to take me some time- but if anything I programmed it so the effect would wear off in... six months." he said the last part in a low tone, as we all looked at him in shock.

"SIX MONTHS?!" We all shouted at the same time. Hyonam broke free from Mari's grip and went after Onew. This time, Onew foresaw this happening, so he broke out into a sprint and ran in the other direction, as Hyonam ran after him.

"WHEN I CATCH YOU, YOU'RE DEAD!!"

"I'M SORRY YOSEOB! MARI! I'LL FIX IT AS FAST AS I CAN" He shouted, turning the corner as Hyonam ran after him, a few steps behind, leaving Mari and myself to stand in shock. We looked each other over, and I shook as my nerves took over.

"This is bad... how are you going to do all my activities? Why did I have to have so many this week..." I said, sinking to the floor with my hands over my head.

"It would be worse if I wasn't a B2UTY... I know a lot about you." she said, smiling at me. I noticed her calm state and was confused.

"Aren't you upset that this happened? What, are you happy you can spend time with BEAST for a while?" I teased. Her face contorted in confusion, then shock.

"N-no! It's just, I try to make the best of every situation, and I know almost all of your dances and songs, because I perform for the kids at the orphanage and I teach those who want to learn, that's why I'm not as nervous. If I were to switch with someone from MBLAQ or Super Junior I wouldn't know as much as I do with BEAST, because I love your music so much and I think you are all very inspirational..." she said, rambling on. Despite the situation, I still found myself smiling.

"It's alright, I was joking." I said, and she looked down.

"Right." She said. There was a short silence as I got up and dusted myself off.

"So. Shall we go over the basics?" I asked. She tilted her head in confusion. Boy, did she make me look cute. Not that I wasn't already adorable enough. "I got to tell you my schedule and you have to tell me about your life. I have to try my best to act like you correctly." I said, and she had a look of shock on her face.

"Wait, we're not telling anyone?"

"I think for now, it would be best not to. It'll become this big media thing if it gets out."

"Ah, that's right. Plus Onew could probably get in trouble..."

"Or an award for his invention." I said, and we both laughed. The bell ran for class and my eyes widened. "Hey, is that the bell for class to start?"

"No, that's the dismissal bell. Why-" she started and suddenly they heard voices starting to head their direction.

"Yah! You need to get out of here! Unless you want to be attacked by your classmates!" I said, pushing her in the opposite direction of the voices.

"What? Why wou- Ah that's right! I'm famous now! Yah, meet me by the park by my house after you get my stuff. Ask Hyonam where it is, if not, then you know your phone number so call me!" She said, running out of the way of the students. I sighed, and turned around to see students chatting and walking the hallways.

"But where is her stuff? And Hyonam? Aish, I should've just followed her out. I'm lost." I said, and turned around to see Hyonam down the hallway with two bags in her hand- one of them most likely being Mari's.

"Come on, superstar. We got work to do." She said, as I walked over and grabbed my bag.

"Hey, you were at the fansign event too, right?" I asked, and her face froze, nodding. "How come you're not acting all nervous like you were at the fansign? I think it was you who was the nervous wreck and you dropped everything when you reached me, am I right?" I said, and to my surprise she turned red.

"I- I wasn't nervous! I was just tense. I got a little star struck, ok? Besides, I can't fangirl over you while you're my best friend." She said, almost whispering the last part. I smile came on my face.

"So, am I your favorite member?" I asked, and she hesitated before nodding slowly, not looking at me. "Is that so... Do think I'm cute? Or do you like my voice?" I pressed on, when a bag suddenly hit me in the stomach. "Ack! You just injured the body of your best friend! What if I get a bruise?! It wasn't even a dirty question..."

"At least you'll be the one to feel the pain then." She said, before walking fast, making me have to pick up my pace a little.

"Yah! Wait up! What if I get lost and then someone ends up kidnapping your best friend's body?" I said, and she slowed down a bit, still not looking at me.

She's interesting, that's for sure.
 




Junhyung sat down on the bench once he got off the phone with his manager, letting him know Yoseob just went out for some air. He sighed deeply as he recalled what he had witnessed earlier. He walked into Yoseob's hospital room to see it was empty and the window was wide open. He saw that Yoseob jumped down and was running down the street. He followed him for a bit until he reached this school, and then after going down a few hallways, almost getting caught a couple of times, he heard him call out some person named Hyonam, and then he heard the whole conversation afterwards. He couldn't believe what was going on, this kind of stuff only happened in movies, and here it was, happening to one of his own members. Junhyung had left once Yoseob and this Mari talked about not telling anyone, and was having an inner conflict on whether or not to let them know he already knew.

"Aish, what is this. He wasn't even planning on telling me..." Junhyung said to himself. Junhyung was thinking deeply when he heard someone call his name. Speaking of the devil...

"Ah, Junhyung. What are you doing here? Is it because I left the hospital suddenly?" Yoseob- no, Mari asked, nearly skipping over to him. Junhyung narrowed his eyes. 'Yoseob doesn't skip, babo.'

"Yes. You could've at least told us where you were going." He said, getting up from the bench. "Come on. Let's go." He said, and he could hear her sigh in relief that she wasn't caught. Junhyung found himself smiling. 'Babo. She's so obvious. Ah, she has a lot of training to do to trick the others... I guess we can see how things go for now.'

"Oh, that's right! Do we have any other schedules today? I kinda forgot... after I passed out."

"We do. You don't. The manager said for you to go home and rest." He said.

"Ah, really? That's good." she said, whispering the last part. Junhyung shook his head once again, before leading her to where the manager had wanted them to meet up. 'This is going to be a long week...'