The Switch

Trading Faces

NOTE: THIS FIC WAS RE-WRITTEN. Make sure you read the forward.

Enjoy!

 


Mari POV

 

"Mari! You ready for today?" Hyonam asked, as she ran over to my side. I nodded.

"Neh! Beast's fan signing event! I brought the Mastermind album and a video camera. What about you?" I asked, as she pulled something out of her bag.

"My prized possession... tada!" she said, revealing her 32-page Beast Photobook. "I'm going to ask them to sign the inside of the cover, so that way it won’t block any of the pictures or." she said, smiling excitedly, putting it away for safe keepings. We were going to use our lunch and part of our study period to meet the boys. I was so excited, I honestly didn't get much sleep. I was planning to use History class for a quick nap time. Our History teacher has a problem with making eye contact, so we get away with pretty much everything in that class. I usually pay attention, but my grades are good enough that I could take one class to nap without dropping a letter grade. My parents grew up in America, so they're a little more laid back when it comes to those matters. Plus the fact that I volunteer at an orphanage on my spare time.

"By the way, what are you planning to record? The crazed fans that are going to be there?" Hyonam asked.

"No. I'm going to ask Beast to send a message to Jaewoon. You know, the cute boy who's terrified of you at the orphanage." I said, as Hyonam nodded in understanding.

"Ah, I know him! The boy who thinks I'm the devil? What a nice boy he is. Tell him Hades sends his greetings." She said, as I rolled my eyes.

"You should be nicer to him. He's really nice, once you get to know him."

"Ha! Yeah right. The only person I can stand being nice to is you. You're not annoying, unlike everyone else in this world." she said, saying the last part while glaring at a bypassing freshmen. The frightened freshmen scurried away, as Hyonam laughed.

"Yah~ You can't think that way. What happens if I go away? Who are you going to talk to?"

"No one. I'll become an evil hermit and drown myself in dramas." she said, making me laugh at her blunt attitude.

As lunchtime rolled around, I met up with Hyonam. We started to head for the shopping center where Beast was holding the event. It was a 20 minute walk, so when we arrived, the place was packed. Hyonam and I ended up separating from the group, as we squeezed our way through the crowds toward where the long line to meet the Beast members was located. I was trying to get to the line, but ended up being ignored.

"Yah, how are we going to get past these people? They aren't even doing anything!" I complained, as Hyonam stuck her hand out to stop my complaints.

"Mari, young girl with as much roar as a lamb, let me handle this." Hyonam said, stepping in front of me. "YAH! PEOPLE! MOVE IT! NOWWWW!" she screamed, frightening the people who were blocking our way. They all moved out of the way, making a clear path to the line. She turned around and smiled at me. "See? People respond to aggression. It's a good trait to have." she said, leading me to the line.

"Well, it might be a good trait for you. If I were to be like that, I'd lose my voice." I said, as Hyonam shook her head.

"Practice. You strengthen your vocal cords by yelling." she said, as I rolled my eyes once again. Hyonam is the kind of person who is very strong in what she believes to be right. She'd stick to her belief until either the other agrees, or by some miracle she's proved wrong.

"Okay, Hyonam. If you say so." I said, letting her have the satisfaction of another victory. As the line moved up, I noticed Hyonam holding her bag nervously. I smiled at her, poking her side.

"Hey. Are you nervous?" I teased. She straightened her back, and looked at me sternly.

"Why would I be nervous? They're just people. The only person I'd get nervous to meet is a foreigner, because of my terrible English.

"Is that so..." I said, moving up in the line. The Beast members were now in our sight. "Wow, it's really them! How exciting!" I said to Hyonam, and I could see her losing her composure.

"Wow, they really are handsome in person..." she said. I smiled at her. Hyonam is a usually strong-willed person, and would very rarely show moments of weakness. It made me feel privileged that I got to see this side of her at times. We were moving slowly up the line, since they were only allowing 3 people up to the desk at a time. I took another step when suddenly I felt a chill travel up my spine. I stood frozen for about 10 seconds, and then everything felt tingly. It didn't hurt, but it felt really weird. Hyonam noticed my condition and waved her hand in front of my face.

"Yah. Mari. Are you okay?" she said, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I just had a chill. I'm probably just nervous. It's almost my turn." I said, and Hyonam nodded. In the order which we were standing, Hyonam was in the group after me. I still wasn't sure what that chill was, and I wasn't totally convinced that it was actually nerves, but I had to put those thoughts as I walked up to the table, with Hyonam standing nervously behind the line. I pulled out my CD and video camera. Saying a quick prayer, I walked up to the first member, which was Doojoon. I bowed respectfully as I walked up.

"Hello! Nice to meet you. I actually have a special request. I volunteer at a orphanage, and there's this little boy, his name is Jaewoon, and he's a big fan of you guys. I would just ask for an autograph, but he's only 5, so he can't read yet. Can I have you guys just say hi to him? And maybe a hwaiting?" I asked, after which there was a momentary pause.

"Sure. That should be no problem. His name is Jaewoon?" Doojoon said, to which made me sigh a breath of relief. I nodded my head, and Doojoon got up and informed the other members. I stepped back and got my video camera ready. At the count of three, I started to record.

"So Beast! Hello, we're Beast!" They said together.

"Jaewoon, it's a shame we didn't get to meet you in person, but we wish you success in whatever you want to do." Doojoon said.

"He wants to be a singer, like you guys." I said, and they smiled.

"Well then, we wish you success in becoming a singer, we're looking forward to it."

"Jaewoon, hwaiting!" they said together. Before I turned it off, two of the members spoke up.

"Your friend is very kind. You should thank her." Yoseob said.

"And pretty!" Kikwang said, causing him to get elbowed by Yoseob and Junhyung. I then turned it off, and then bowed again.

"Thank you so much again. I really appreciate it." I said, walking up to the desk again. They said it was no problem, and signed my CD. As I walked away from the table, I gave Hyonam a thumbs up. She smiled weakly, and then headed for the table.
 



Pushing through the crowds, Onew walked up to the place his sister said she was going. He hadn't seen either Mari or Hyonam throughout the day. He was in a more advanced class than them, so his classes were in a different section of the school building. That was one of the reasons Hyonam hated him, their parents were always telling her to be smart like him.

Looking around in the crowd, he spotted Mari and Hyonam, standing in line for something. Hyonam was being blocked by a few girls, but Mari was in a clear path. "Might as well get it over with now." he said, taking an aim with the small invention. The laser shot out, hitting her. She froze in place, and his screen read: 'Target 1: Acquired. Target 2: Searching.' He had to wait until his sister was in full view, because once the laser hits, there is no undoing it until they are ready to switch back. After waiting a few minutes, his sister was in clear view, in front of the people they were waiting to meet. Onew recognized them as the singer's she loved and had millions of posters of. He smiled.

"Hey, I can embarrass her in front of her idols while zapping her. Two for one." Onew said, taking an aim. She was standing in front of Yoseob when Onew decided to hit the trigger. He then looked at his screen, and saw that target 2 was acquired.

"Yes! Now to enjoy the view." he said, looking up at his sister, only to see that, just as he hit the trigger, Hyonam dropped something and had bent down to pick it up. His jaw dropped when he saw that, instead of hitting his sister, he hit the black-haired boy that she was standing in front of, who was standing as still as a log.

"No...." Onew said, as his arm dropped, dropping the laser. He realized that it fell, and was about to pick it up when the girl next to him stepped on the contraption, breaking the screen and denting the trigger, so that it wouldn't go in. The girl apologized, as Onew picked it up, eyes wide. He suddenly broke into a sweat.

"Aish... Hyonam is going to kill me... and now Mari is going to suffer for this... What did I do?" Onew shouted, getting a few strange stares. He put the invention in his bag, looking back at the recovering Yoseob. "Mianhae Mari, I'll try to fix this as soon as possible."
 


 

"Yoseob, are you okay? You look really sleepy." Doojoon asked, as the fan signing event was ending. He nodded slowly, yawning. It's been almost an hour since he felt that weird tingling sensation. It went away for a while, but a few minutes ago it came back, and it started making him really tired.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just really tired suddenly. My head doesn't want to stay up. Probably from staying up so late." He said, yawning again. Doojoon looked at the line, and there were several people left.

"Yoseob, there are only a few more people left, so try to stay..." Doojoon said, but stopped when he heard a thump. He turned to Yoseob to see his head on the table, pen in hand as he was in the middle of signing a fan's book. The fan looked to Doojoon worriedly.

"Is he okay?" The fan asked, as Doojoon nodded, taking the pen from his hand and finishing the autograph.

"He will be. He didn't get much sleep last night." Doojoon said, giving the fan the book back. As the fan walked away, Doojoon shook Yoseob. "Yah! Yang Yoseob! Stay awake. It's only a little bit longer." he said, as Yoseob's head remained on the table. Kikwang noticed the situation, and looked at Doojoon.

"What happened? Is it nap time?" Kikwang asked, resting his head on the table too while poking Yoseob's cheek.

"He said that he stood up too late last night and then passed out. If the manager see's him like this, he's going to be mad. Yah! Yoseob! Wake up!" Doojoon said, as he nudged Yoseob again, this time a little harder, causing him to fall into Kikwang's arms, now awake.
 


Mari POV


My eyes flung open. I looked at my surroundings, and for some reason I was back at the fansign event. I remembered I was last walking with Hyonam through the hallways of my school when I started to feel very dizzy and fell down. I remember yawning and Hyonam was helping me to get up when I just passed out. Now, with Beast's leader staring me in the face, I knew I was either dreaming or something really weird just happened. I felt hands on my sides and I jumped up into the chair, turning around to see Kikwang looking at me.

"Ah, you're awake. Good timing, the manager was about to come over." He said. I sat confused for a moment. There was a girl in front of me holding out a album for me to sign... why would she want me to sign? I stared at her for a while with a blank look on my face.

"Are you ok, Oppa?" she asked, staring at me. I continued to stare at her with the same face, as she looked back worriedly. Why is she calling me oppa?

“Yoseob, what are you doing?” I heard Doojoon say, and I looked around for Yoseob. He wasn’t anywhere. I looked at Doojoon to see him looking at me.

“Huh? Yoseob isn't here...” I said, putting my hand over my mouth as I noticed that my voice sounded a little strange. Doojoon looked at me weirdly, and Kikwang started showing concern as well.

“Um, are you ok Yoseob?" Kikwang asked. I looked over at him, and he was also looking at me.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked, my voice a little shaky. Things were already too weird. My stomach dropped as he nodded his head.

"There’s no other Yoseob here, as far as I know.” He said, when I felt panic rush through my body. No. Freaking. Way. I slapped my cheek as hard as I could. I immediately regretted it, as my face stung with searing pain. I was very much awake. I ignored the strange looks everyone, including Kikwang and Doojoon, were giving me and got up. I looked around for some kind of mirror, and saw a girl with a camera. I ran over to the girl, feeling more unsteady as she looked at me as if I were God.

“Excuse me, can I borrow this for a moment?” I asked and she nodded. I aimed the camera at me, and made a distinct face, to make sure the camera wasn’t lying to me. I snapped the picture, and took a deep breath looking at the picture. Sure enough, the face making the expression I just made was not mine. It was that of Yang Yoseob. I looked down at my clothes and my hands and I saw that they definitely weren't mine. Breaking out into a sudden sweat, I gave the girl back the camera, and turned around. “I see… I’m in… his…” I started to say, when everything started to get hazy. I saw Doojoon and the manager running towards me, and then everything went black.