CHAPTER 7

STAY BY MY SIDE

"Oppa, we should not leave this house yet. Where are we going?" asked Haein as she and Jaebum entered Jaebum's car.

"Somewhere away from this house. I'm fed up with eomma and appa" said Jaebum starting the engine and drive away from the house. Haein could hear her mom shouting their name to come back. Haein sighed while caressing her forehead.

- Haein's flashback -

"Can..eomma..appa..explain?" asked Jaebum without looking at Mr Im and Mrs Im.

"You two know right that appa and eomma didn't work at the same company..we didn't meet each other often..and..your eomma..have affair with other guy" said Mr Im with a little bit high tone which made Jaebum and Haein widened their eyes.

"Don't say only me that have affair, you too" said Mrs Im with high tone too.

"I've told you already that she wasn't anything to me. You're the one that not coming back home and don't you think that I don't know what are you doing and where are you going, alone with that guy" said Mr Im half-shouted.

"That guy can give me more happiness than you" said Mrs Im rolling her eyes.

"Then you can just..".

"Stop it! Shut Up!" shouted Jaebum which made Mr Im and Mrs Im looked at him.

"Oppa.." said Haein with husky voice while holding Jaebum's hand.

"Eomma and appa wanna divorce just because you guys didn't meet each other often? Haein and me didn't meet each other often but we still care about each other. Oh God, eomma and appa think that divorcing was a simple thing? Eomma and appa think that by divorcing, problems will be solved? Why? Why you guys wanna divorce after about 25 years of marriage? Are you guys forgot that you guys still have us? Or..are we're burden for both of you?" asked Jaebum releasing his hand from Haein's hand and raking his hair as he really can't accept what just Mrs Im told them.

"Jaebum-ah, it's not like that. You're still a kid. You didn't..".

"What kid? This year, I am 24 years old already while Haein freaking 21 years old and eomma said that we're still a kid? Eomma and appa leave Haein alone in this house. I'm being a trainee and idol after about a few years and you still can say we're kids?!" shouted Jaebum.

"Oppa, you should not shout like that to eomma" said Haein calming Jaebum by rubbing Jaebum's shoulder. Mrs Im sighed before start talking again.

"Haein will follow eomma and Jaebum will follow appa" said Mrs Im.

"What?! Eomma and appa..wanna separate us?" asked Jaebum staring at his parents deeply. Haein also shocked with what her mom just told her which made her eyes began teary.

"Eomma and appa still love both of you. We're not planning to separate both of you. We already went to court and eomma got the child custody over Haein and your appa got child custody over Jaebum. We..".

"I don't wanna separated with Haein. We're more than 20 years old and I think we can already live without eomma or appa. I don't want Haein living with step-dad and step-siblings and I also don't wanna live with appa if appa with other woman!" shouted Jaebum.

"Im Jaebum, slow down your voice" said Mr Im.

"What do you feel when your parents, your beloved parents, that wasn't always spend our time together, wanna divorce? Calm down? We freaking didn't always meet with each other and we didn't do anything that a family should do together. Yes, we did it but it was when we're still a kid. Eomma and appa want us just nodding, agree with what eomma and appa wanna do, even though there's a solution, no, manyyy solutions to fix it? How can?! We're living like we didn't ever have parents and now this happened. We felt that we didn't get enough love from both of our parents. Think back, did eomma and appa came when Haein graduated? When I'm graduated? When I performed my first debut stage? Did you guys know how Haein suffered when she got tired with works? No at all! Eomma and appa were so busy with works and now eomma and appa wanna divorce and I know eomma and appa will expect that we both won't following eomma and appa and eomma and appa can live happily without burden. This all bull!" shouted Jaebum which made him received a slap from Mr Im.

"Jaebum oppa..appa.." said Haein shocked with her dad's sudden action. Haein was crying to see her beloved family fights. Haein then went to hug Jaebum since she was so scared if her dad hurt Jaebum again.

"Appa didn't teach my children for not respecting older. You're still small to understand all of this. We know what's the best" said Mr Im.

"So you're teaching your children that by divorcing was the best solution? Oh it" said Jaebum caressing his stinging cheek.

"Oppa, calm down" said Haein still not releasing the hug.

"How oppa wanna calm down, Im Haein. Our parents wanna divorce. Your eomma and your appa won't living together after this" said Jaebum while shedding Haein's tears.

"We're sorry, Jaebum-ah, Haein-ah. We still love both of you like before. We just..we can't continue our marriage. We're busy with our works. We're..".

"You're busy with your works but how can you found a new dad for us? Okay, I know you both worked at different company but oh God.." Jaebum couldn't speak as his head spinning like hell.

"Oppa..".

"Let's get into our room to pick our things" said Jaebum grabbing Haein's hand upstairs.

"Im Jaebum we're not finished yet. Sit here back!" shouted Mr Im but Jaebum ignored it, dragging Haein to her room.

"Oppa. We..".

"Just pick your things already!" shouted Jaebum which made Haein frightened and quickly picked her things into a luggage and Jaebum did the same thing. They then went downstairs where their parents still there. Haein could see her mom was crying and so her dad but her dad wasn't so obvious.

"If eomma and appa wanna divorce, fine, just do it. But we're not following either eomma or appa. Eomma and appa was big enough to decide what's the best for yourself. Okay fine, I admit that we're still a kid and I'm sorry if we're a burden for eomma and appa for more than 20 years. But! Don't disturb us after this. Don't find us anymore. Don't appear in front of us anymore. Don't call us or asking for our condition. We will never find eomma and appa too. I can take care of Haein properly. I think my life as an idol and Haein as our stylish was much more better to keep us happy than living with either eomma or appa without a complete family. Thank you for giving born us. Kaja (Let's go) Haein" said Jaebum grabbing Haein's hand before walk out from the house.

- End of Haein's flashback -

"Hey, let's take some walk" said Jaebum as they arrived at a place while holding Haein's hand which made Haein snapped out from her thought.

"Where are we?" asked Haein looking around.

"Han river?" asked Haein looking at Jaebum. They then went out from the car.

"Want some ice-cream?" asked Jaebum smiled but Haein shook her head.

"Fine then. Let's sit here" said Jaebum leading Haein to sit on a bench.

"Don't sad, my little sister. Smile ~" said Jaebum while fixing Haein's hair that covering half of her face.

"I still remember how we, as a happy family always spend our time here" said Haein.

"Yea, you're right. Eomma and appa always spend their time with us here. Appa will always bought us ice-cream and snacks and we always enjoy the scenery here" said Jaebum sighed.

"What's after this, oppa?" asked Haein with a weak tone.

"What?" asked Jaebum chuckles.

"Oppa.." whined Haein.

"Just live with me. Eomma and appa didn't spend their time with us often too, right? They even always leaves you alone. You must used with it, right?" said Jaebum while caressing Haein's cheek.

"Let's forget about them" said Jaebum.

"But oppa, eomma was the one that gave born us. You think it's easy to live with big tummy for dear 9 month? Without them, who are we? Without them, you won't be a popular singer. And oppa want to dumped them?" asked Haein to Jaebum pouted.

"If they love us, they won't divorce, my dear. I didn't dumped them. But oppa don't like the way they solve their problem" said Jaebum.

"But, we can't force anyone to love us. Who knows eomma and appa didn't love each other already. Who knows..".

Jaebum cut Haein's word by placing his index finger at Haein's lip which made Haein sighed.

"Eomma will be living with new dad. You wanna live with eomma? With your step sibling? You want to leave me, your biological brother?" asked Jaebum raising his eyebrow.

"Oppa..why must our family like this? Eomma and appa always busy and doesn't have time with us and now, they wanna divorce" said Haein before she burst into tears.

"Haein-ah, don't cry" said Jaebum while hugging Haein but that made Haein cried more harder.

"Oppa..I just wanna a happy, complete family..just like how..Mark oppa's family was.." said Haein crying in Jaebum's hug.

"Hey don't cry" said Jaebum Haein's hair.

"Why must follow other people? You still have me. Oppa won't leave you alone, remember that" said Jaebum while cupping Haein's cheeks as Haein released the hug.

"Don't cry, Im Haein. People watching us. They might think I did something bad to you" said Jaebum with soft voice.

"Let's go home. You might be calm when you saw Jinyoung" said Jaebum smiled but that didn't make Haein smiled but keep crying.

"Kaja" said Jaebum grabbing Haein's hand and went into his car.

"Stop crying, Im Haein" said Jaebum as he start driving but Haein kept crying. Jaebum just sighing. On their way back home, Haein fall asleep.

"I will never let your tears fall over our parents. I will always cheer you" said Jaebum took a glance at Haein. After a few hours, they arrived home. Jaebum called Jinyoung to open the gate and seconds after that Jinyoung opened the gate for them.

"You said you will be here tomorrow?" asked Jinyoung as Jaebum went out from the car.

"I will talk to you later. I need to bring my little sister in first" said Jaebum opening the door for Haein and carry Haein that still sleeping. Jinyoung then followed Jaebum to Haein's room.

"Haein..cried?" asked Jinyoung as he saw Haein's swollen eyes and he can saw Haein's damp cheeks.

"Let's talk" said Jaebum after kissing Haein's forehead before left Haein's room followed by Jinyoung.

"Our parents will divorce" said Jaebum while drinking some mineral water.

"Are you serious?" asked Jinyoung shocked.

"That's why eomma want us to come back home. Because she wanna tell that" said Jaebum raking his hair.

"But..why?" asked Jinyoung disbelieve.

"They said that they're busy with their work and they didn't love each other already..but eomma have time to flirt and..eomma..will married" said Jaebum closing his eyes while caressing his forehead.

"Your mom..".

"Yup, married. And she want Haein to live with them with new dad. And I'll be living with appa. Heck no" said Jaebum cupping his face. His eyes began teary.

"Then why both of you come here? You should solve..".

"They're big enough. More bigger than us. They can already differentiate what's good and what's bad. Let them be. What they wanna do, just do. I will never meet them. I will never let Haein meet them or remembering them. Yea, I know I should not because they're still my parents but I can't".

"This might effect you. Our comeback..".

"This not effecting me at all. Well, it's been a long time too we as a family gathered together or do activity together so I, no, both us of, used with it. We'll still make our comeback as what we planned" said Jaebum and Jinyoung nodded weakly.

"How about Haein? She's a girl, Jaebum-ah. She might not accepting this" said Jinyoung which made Jaebum sighed.

"I will convince her" said Jaebum weakly.

"If you need me, need us, just tell us. We're buddies" said Jinyoung patting Jaebum's shoulder and Jaebum nodded.

"I..go to my room first" said Jinyoung and Jaebum nodded signing him to go. Jaebum then walked to his room but before that, he went to Haein's room.

"Oppa will always beside you" said Jaebum smiled and without he realized, his tears fall through his cheek.

****