Fourth Chapter

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Formal introductions are done, and finally it’s time for their...real job to start. Taehyung and Hongbin left Prince Wang Eun’s room to meet Prince Wang Jung on the field where he’s currently having his martial arts lessons with one of the head guards. While, Hyunwoo, Jungkook and SoonDeok stayed. They were told about the Eldest Prince supposedly schedule and that was; to study! The most hated thing of Prince Wang Eun aside from Practicing martial arts. Soon Deok came to his shelf to see that no books were there. She stood wondering what’s the use of a shelf if nothing’s placed in it? Not even one book!

 

Wang Eun just observed the girl’s every move. He saw how her expression changed into a frown while looking at the empty shelf. How would they help the prince study when all he has is an empty shelf? Looking around, his room’s only field with toys no learning materials to use. When she suddenly turned to face him, he immediately avoided her eyes and looked elsewhere. Soon Deok on the other hand looked at the Eldest Prince with great intensity before she made her way out of the room not even responding to the continuous calls of Jungkook to her before running after her.

A sigh of relief escaped Wang Eun’s mouth the minute Soon Deok went out of the room. He doesn’t know how to react or to feel whenever she’s around. He admits, when he heard her name being announced earlier, he felt overjoyed that he’d finally get to meet his long lost friend that he’d get to rekindle their friendship that was made by one tragic night. But, how would he do it when it seems that she can’t remember him anymore. He was too focused on thinking that he was caught off-guard when he heard a voice call out to him;

 

“Please excuse Soon Deok, She’s usually like that, too serious when it comes to doing her job well. But, she’s fun to be with when you get to know her further.” He heard. Wang Eun turned to the remaining . He looked at the guard from head to toe. “What’s your name again?” Wang Eun asked. “nae ileum-eun hyeon-u-ibnida. naneun geu geulub-eseo gajang naiga manh-eun salam-ibnida. (My name is Hyun Woo. I'am the eldest in the group.)” The guard introduced while bowing to the prince. Wang Eun just huffed. “How long have you known each other?” The prince asked. “ I’ve known Soon Deok ver since she entered the    combat training academy ten years ago.” Hyunwoo answered. The Prince eyes went wide with the sudden revelation. “Ten years ago?!” Wang Eun exclaimed, catching Hyunwoo off-guard. “Yes, your highness. Ten years ago.” Hyunwoo again confirmed. Wang Eun dazed off with Hyunwoo’s words repeating on his head. “ Can you remember how old was she was when she entered the academy?” Wang Eun again asked. Hyunwoo looked at him wonderin but none the less tried to recall from his memories the moment he met Soon Doek. “If I can remember well, she was just nine years old back then when General Park brought her to the academy.” Hyunwoo again revealed. And that confirmed Wang Eun’s assumptions. The search he did before was useless when the person he’s finding is father than he expected her to be. Wang Eun thought while looking down on the wooden floor. “Are you okay your highness?” Hyunwoo asked, seeing how Wang Eun was speechless and just looking down. A huff escaped from the princes’ mouth. “ne, gwaenchanhseubnida. (yes, I’m fine.)” Wang Eun answered before bringing his head up to reveal an unknown smile in his face. “Isn’t it funny, I’ve wasted my energy finding someone who’s unknowingly far from where I have been searching.” Hyunwoo heard Wang Eun mutter under his breath while looking at the ceiling. Hyunwoo looked at the prince suspiciously, “hogsilado god deog-eul asibnikka Wangja-nim? ( Do you by any chance know Soon Deok, Prince?)” Hyunwoo asked looking at the prince intently. Wang Eun turned to looked at him with wonder in his eyes. “Why are you asking me that? I thought you’ve known her for a decade now?” The prince asked.

 

Hyunwoo was hesitant at first to reveal the truth about the current situation of Soon Deok. But, the filial love he grew to have towards the younger girl over powered him. When he learned before about the accident that happened to the girl and the effect of it, He vowed to her adopted sister that he’ll help her find out whatever is being kept away from her.

 

Hyunwoo met the wondering eyes of the Prince who’s obviously waiting for an answer from him. “ibwa yo! wae na hante igeol mudneungeoya? (Hey! Why are you asking me this?)” Wang Eun again asked, looking at Hyunwoo in curiosity. Hyunwoo gulped his own saliva seeing how serious the prince is. Finally,Hyunwoo arrived with a decision. A sigh escaped from his mouth before opening them to talk. “You see, Wangja-nim. Soon Deok is...” He was cut-off when the wooden sliding door opened with Jungkook and Soon Deok coming in with several books on hand. Interrupting the moment of revelation. “hyeon-u hyeongnim, gim seonjangnim-i jamsi hyeon-yeog chul-ib-eul yocheonghabnida. geuneun dangsin-ege mwonga-e daehae iyagihaeyahandago malhaessda. (Hyun woo big brother, captain kim is requesting for your presence back in the gate out-post as of the mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter