Second Chapter

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(Seon Deok’s Point View)

 

Park Seon Deok, that's what they told me my name was. I’m the army general's only daughter, that’s what I know. I have this great affinity with martial arts, that’s a known fact to the people around me. But, despite of being told and introduced to things affiliated to me, I often still feel empty, like I have things that I should remember, something important that’s kept in the deepest part of my brain waiting to be dug out. I was told that I had a bad accident when I was young, that it was the ‘cause of me losing some of my memories. I would always ask them what happened but they would often tell me, it’s not a good thing to remember. Wow! The irony right?, A girl who forgets a part of her past, is being kept away from something that could maybe make her thoughts clear from all the doubts she’s been feeling.

 

Well screw it! If they can’t tell me what happened then maybe I should discover it myself. So far, all I know is that, the accident happened when I was just nine years old. Where? When? And what really happened is now up to me to discover it.

 

As of now, I’am Park Seon Deok! An eighteen year old girl, currently living in a distant village of Goryeo, under the supervision of the Great Master Sung Woo, I just finished undergoing series of combat trainings for several years, given that my father is the General of the army of Goryeo, I myself is a self-confessed lover of martial arts, any forms of it. And now, I’m one of the handpicked graduates of the training academy to become a pioneer member of an elite squad formed for the purpose of protecting the royal sons. I don’t know why they decided to form this kind of squad, it seems out of context to me. I would much more prefer to be out in the battle field wiht my father and brothers (the whole army that I grew up with). What’s the use of having so many soldiers protecting you and the kingdom? Why not make the half of it as a protection squad of the two princes instead and let us live a life on a real soldier! Why do I complain even?! It’s not that I don’t like this kind of job, it’s just that I’ve heard stories from servants working in the palace, they have no complaints against the youngest prince, Wang Jung is easy to be with, he’s nice, always happy, not the typical nagging kind of prince, a very ideal young prince as what most people would often say. While the eldest was the total opposite, Prince Wang Eun is the naughtiest of the naughtiest, he always plays around with people, He often pranks the people of the palace and doesn’t even get in trouble with his acts. Perks of being a prince huh? He’s too care free, happy go lucky and NOISY!Well I don't like noise! I hate noise! that's why im often away from people, that why I prefer to be alone. I can’t imagine now what would be happening to the next coming days.

 

It's already dawn of another day, in the afternoon of this current day, the introduction of our squad to the royal family will be happening. The Elite squad will be a five man team. I will be joining my fellow graduates Hongbin, Hyunwoo, Taehyung and Jungkook, leaving me the only girl and the second youngest to be picked. After securing my armor, and tying my hair the traditional warrior way, I picked up the black cloak resting on the arm of my bed and wore it around my shoulder pulling the hood to cover my head and exited my room. Once I went out of our house, the other four of my co-members were already waiting for me outside with our horses saddled and ready.

 

“Finally, the princess is done!” The guy named Taehyung exclaimed when he saw Seon Deok coming out of the house. The girl just shook her head at her friend. “Park Seon Deok! Top of the class, strongest among all men in the academy, the best of the best student all throughout our training year, Have been living with men her entire life that it really surprises me to see that you’re still a girl in so many ways after all. You're so slow in preparing your stuff!” Taehyung added, while looking at Seon Deok. The girl didn’t say anything but instead just secured her stuff on her horses saddle pocket. She's so used to this kind of Taehyung that he's also already used to Seon Deok often ignoring his teasing. They are often called the cat & mouse duo, but recently, Seon Deok got tired of Taehyung teasings and pranks that she just let him do and say what he wants. Taehyung huffed getting no reaction from the girl, he went back on securing his stuff in his horse when a middle aged man came out of the house, and the five of them kneeled on one knee as a sign of respect to him. "Stop pestering Seon Deok, Taehyung-ah. You're not a kid anymore." the man chuckled. Taehyung just pouted but his head wos down so no one was able to see his face. "Indeed, your no kids anymore. Time flies really fast, you were only pre-teenagers when you entered the academy with your fathers laying your fates as fighters in my hand. And now, you’ve all grown up and became the most sought warriors of Goryeo. You have exceeded my expectations; you are the greatest pride any teacher can ever have. There’s no need for me now to still lecture and explain to you whatever task is given to you. I know you five already know your ways in every corners of this kind of world. And I know for a fact that all of you would be doing really good. It's quiet sad for a teacher to send his students off, but I’m none the less proud that I was able to impart my knowledge to all of you. This is not goodbye; we’ll surely see each other again. Take good care of yourselves. Till then, I will be waiting for your safe return.” The middle aged man said, “Rise young warriors, today you will be facing a new world, where you’ll be meeting the reality of being what you are now.” their teacher added, and all of them bowed down to him before mounting their horses for their journey to the main city of Goryeo where the ceremonial introduction will be done.

 

They set off just in time for the sun to rise, meeting them with its blessing of a new day. They bid goodbye to their master and went off going to their destination. They would be taking hour’s and hours of journey to reach the city by horses. They went through vast forests where most bandits take refuge though they feel no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter