Chapter 3

That Should Be Me

Jihoon’s POV

 

It had been a week since we broke up. I didn’t see him at school, which was a plus for me because I was trying to move on. I don’t know I would have been able to stand seeing him with Jeonghan hyung.

 

I walked down the corridor thinking about a new song to write because the finals are coming up and we got a theme.  It was love. I knew I had some songs I had written in the back of my computer at the studio. But they weren’t done yet because I lost my inspiration to keep writing them.

 

“Jihoonie!” I heard someone scream as he jumped on me. I groan at the sudden heavy weight.

 

“Kwon Soonyoung get off me! How the hell are you still heavy when you dances all day long?!” I exclaimed which he only laughed to. Of course, he’s laughing, he isn’t the one who have a person on their back.

 

“I swear if you don’t get off in the count of 3, I’ll make sure you won’t be able to dance again!” With that Soonyoung got off me and grinned.

 

“I’m hungry Hoonie! Buy me food!” I glared at him when he said that. I’ve been buying him food for this whole week and I’m nearly broke!

 

“But I bought food for both YOU and me this whole week. Don’t you think it’s your time to treat me?” I pouted at him. I saw him gulped and smirked. The bunny just got trapped.

 

“F-fine, let’s go then!” Then he’s back to being that annoying best friend of mine as he dragged me to the cafeteria. I had to make sure none of my papers from my folder fall out. My music is important to me and it’ll be a pain in the to redo any of these.

 

As we arrived to the cafeteria, we both set out bags down on a table and went to get our lunch. Apparently, I bump into someone, and that person dropped his bags and books.

 

“I’m sor-,” I picked up a book and looked up and saw none other than Seungcheol with Jeonghan hyung. I awkwardly handed Jeonghan hyung the book and notice that Seungcheol have his arms around the longer hair male’s waist.

 

“I’m sorry for bumping into you. Excuse me,” I rushed past them to where Soonyoung was. He looked worried when I got to him.

 

“You ok?” he asked. No, I’m not ok. I’m supposed to be the one beside him and have his arms around me. I just smiled at Soonyoung and nodded.

 

“I’m good. Now let’s go get food,” I walked past Soonyoung to buy some food. I heard footsteps behind me. Both of us got our food and went to sit down at the table. Suddenly on the way there Soonyoung stopped me.

 

“Jihoon, I think we should go eat somewhere else,” he looked worried. I wasn’t sure why he wanted to suddenly eat somewhere else but then I noticed that Seungcheol and Jeonghan hyung were sitting in the table right next to us.

 

“Soonyoung-ah it’s ok. I have to move on at one point and I think I should start by being normal around him again. Don’t worry if I can’t stand it, I’ll tell you right away ok?”

 

Soonyoung looked like he wanted to argue with me but nodded anyways. I smiled at him and muttered a small “thanks.” We both got to the table and sat down. I ignored the couple in front of me and started to eat my lunch.

 

“So, Jihoon do you want to go watch a movie this weekend? I heard something new was coming out,” Soonyoung said excitedly. I couldn’t help but grinned at him.

 

“Sure! I haven’t been to the movies in a long time.” I replied back both excited too. The last time I went to the movies was with Seungcheol when we were still dating. I looked up and met eyes with Seungcheol. I quickly reverted my eyes back to my food.

 

Did he remember the same thing too? Did he remember how we used to be as a couple? Did he remember the movie that we watch together? I guess not.

 

I realized that we broke up for good. If we were to go on, it could have been worse. He did the right choice choosing Jeonghan hyung who was far better than me. Hyung was more patient than the hot tempered me. He has a soothing voice that could melt anyone. He looked like he was an angel sent from heaven while I’m stuck with this dwarf-sized height. Jeonghan hyung could love Seungcheol like I never did before.

 

Long story short, I know that I’m nothing near to being as good as Jeonghan hyung. It hurts but it’s true. Now that I understand how this is, I can finally move on from Seungcheol.

 

Yes, it should have been me who get to make him laugh and smile. It should have been me who get to kiss and hug him all I want. I should be the one beside him, holding his hand tight. But I didn’t hold it tight enough.

 

If I really did held him tight, I would be the one next to him and not Jeonghan. I guess this is how things were meant to be. I can’t do anything about it.

 

I should be the one right next to him but now I know. Everyone have their own places that they belong to and Seungcheol didn’t belong with me. We both were confused with the concept of love and attraction. Maybe we were just attracted to each other in the first place but we rush our relationship.

 

Would it have been different if “us” didn’t happened? Now it’s time for me to let go.

 

I looked up and immediately saw Seungcheol looking at me. I smiled at him.

 

Because I once cared for you, I’ll let you go to your true happiness now. Goodbye Choi Seungcheol. As lovers, our story is over but I’m willing to start another one and this time it’ll be just as friends. I should be the one by you, but if you’re truly happy with someone else, I can let you go.

 

“At some point in your life you have to realize that some people can stay in your life but not in your heart.”