Chapter 1

That Should Be Me

Jihoon’s POV

 

Today was a dreadfully tiring day; my professor didn’t like what I composed so I had to do all of it all over again. I headed back home quickly since it was getting cold. I smiled at the thought of Seungcheol waiting for me. I’m glad to have a boyfriend like him by my side.

 

Within a few more minutes I arrived back at home; our apartment. I took out my key and unlocked it. I opened the door and saw that the whole house was dark. I reached out to the switch and turn on the lights.

 

“Seungcheol hyung?” I asked out but there was no reply. I guess he’s already asleep. I was somehow disappointed that he didn’t wait up for me. Well it is already 2 am and it’s pretty late too. I headed toward the bedroom that we shared and saw hyung already asleep on the bed.

 

I quickly went to wash up and change into comfortable clothes and climbed into bed beside him and turned around to look at him. He still looks handsome even while sleeping. I removed the hair that was in front of his eyes to get a better look at him. Somehow all my worries and tiredness washed away just looking at him.

 

I lean forward and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Thankfully I didn’t wake him up. I then closed my eyes and went to sleep that was so welcoming.

 

***

 

The next morning, I woke up feeling cold and empty. I patted the place next to me and felt that Seungcheol hyung was already gone. I guess he’s already eating breakfast.

 

Why didn’t he wake me up though? Today was Saturday and he always make me wake up and would say we have to go on a date because why not? I quickly got up and make the bed and went to shower.

 

Then I headed to the kitchen and saw hyung already sitting there. I decided to sneak up on him so I tiptoed behind him. Just when I was about to poke him he got a message. Hyung didn’t notice that I was there so he took his phone out.

 

I saw that it was a photo message from Jeonghan hyung. I guess I can consider him a friend? We talk a few times before and all that. But I never knew they were close. The photo didn’t mind me that much. My eyes caught on the message sent below.

 

“I miss you.”

 

Am I missing out something here? I stood there confused why Jeonghan hyung would send that. They both basically see each other in classes since they were in the same course. Both of them were in Business while I was in Music/Composing.

 

Then Seungcheol hyung turned around and saw me. His eyes widen and he seems surprised. Is something actually going on here?

 

“Oh, you’re already awake Jihoon? Good morning,” was what all he said. Neither kisses nor hugs were showered. Is something wrong? This isn’t the usual Seungcheol.

 

“Good morning to you too,” I said as I lean forward and hugged him inhaling his cologne. I nuzzled my head against his chest for a bit, feeling comfortable in his warmth. I didn’t notice that he wasn’t hugging back. I stayed for a few moments before letting go.

 

“Do you want to go out today?” I asked with a smile. I was hoping he would say yes because I have been busy the past few weeks and was going to make it up to him for the times I couldn’t be with him.

 

“Actually I’m busy today. I already did plans so I can’t. Sorry Jihoon,” I frowned noticing both his short replies and only calling me “Jihoon.” I can’t hide my disappointment at all.

 

“Oh, ok. When are you leaving?” I asked him hoping that it would be later so I can spend at least a few hours with Seungcheol. He looked down at his phone checking the time.

 

“In half and hour. I have to go get ready now,” he said and left the room. I just stood there like an idiot wondering what happened. I guess I would be composing today too. I headed to the bathroom and took a shower and changed into jeans, a white shirt, and a black hoodie on top.

 

Then I waited for Seungcheol so we can leave together. He came out looking as handsome as always in ripped jeans with a black shirt with a denim jacket.

 

“Let’s leave together?” I asked and he nodded. I smiled at that at least we could be together for a few minutes.

 

We left the apartment and headed toward the bus stop. Well I was just going to drop him off here. I had to go to my studio, which was near our apartment.

 

“Bye Cheol,” I said and tip toed to kiss him on the cheek. His face was blank as he nodded and went on the bus. I felt uneasy seeing him leave as if I can see the end of our relationship.

 

Come on Jihoon, don’t think negative about this! Don’t overthink things it can cause a misunderstanding. You don’t need to ruin your own relationship with misunderstanding things.

 

With my heart heavy, I headed to my studio where I’ll be finishing my work from yesterday. Before getting to the studio, I went to buy a cup of coffee from the café nearby. Holding a cup of coffee, I got in my studio and started working.

 

After a few hours, I was finally done and was satisfied by my work and send it to my professor. Letting out a sigh of relief, I realized that I skipped lunch and my stomach was begging for food. Guess I have to go eat now.

 

I got out of my studio and headed towards the park. I wanted to walk around before I could get lunch. It was a nice day outside and I needed some fresh air. I started walking around the park and it was pretty peaceful. No much people were there despite being it a weekend. I guess some people are too lazy to come out.

 

Then I spotted a familiar silhouette by the tree. Was it Seungcheol hyung? I thought he had to be somewhere. He did leave quickly this morning. I walked closer wanting to prove myself whether it’s Seungcheol or not.

 

As I got near I could hear voices talking and some giggles here and there. Both voices sounded so strangely familiar. With each step I took closer I felt anxious as if something bad was going to happen.

 

No way…