Two

What are We ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It supposed to be peaceful morning for Minkyung but a certain person ruined it. Jieqiong, suddenly barging into her Apartment along with Nayoung following behind her. 

“So, how is your date last night ?” Ask Jieqiong without hesitation start their conversation right after Minkyung let them in.

“It’s not a date, me and her is nothing-“

“You two are soulmate.” Nayoung cuts her words and Minkyung sighing.

The older girl just casually scrolling her finger through her smartphone, Jieqiong grinning beside her and hands linked into Nayoung’s arm. Minkyung looks off and took a deep breath.

“She have a boyfriend.”

“What !?” 

A surprised look on Jieqiong’s face is so obvious and Nayoung jumped on her seat, the older girl is surprised by Jieqiong’s voice. It was too loud and she is practically beside that girl.

“She. Have. Boyfriend.”

“But… But… How can, unnie ? I mean a soulmate supposed to be together and just like us.” Jieqiong’s raised her hand who is holding Nayoung’s hand.

Right. Minkyung thought. 

And it’s not like Kyungwon just dumped her or whatever but Kyungwon already told her that she can break up with that guy. 

“Yeah, I read it on Urban dictionary.” Minkyung said and it makes Jieqiong laughs.

“Why you’re so silly.” Nayoung hissed and shakes her head, Minkyung just shrugs her shoulders.

“This is a serious matter, what if she love that guy ?” The question from Jieqiong makes Minkyung frozen in her place, she just stares at Jieqiong and being left speechless.

“Jieq-“

Nayoung tried to warned the younger girl by giving her a slight taps on her thigh. Jieqiong raises her eyebrows and making an unreadable expression, only Nayoung who can understand those expression.

“No, Unnie. Listen, what if she won’t breakup with her Boyfriend ?”

Minkyung just shook her head slowly, Nayoung feels bad because the look on Minkyung’s face suddenly changed. She sighs and turn her head at Jieqiong, giving her soulmate slash girlfriend a glare. Enough to make the younger girl mumbled ‘sorry’ after she did that.

“She said, she can breakup with her boyfriend.” Minkyung smiles and turned her head at Jieqiong’s direction. “But you’re right, what if she didn’t want to break up with him.” 

“Minkyung-“

Nayoung can’t finished her words when Minkyung just showed the ‘OK’ sign with her fingers. 

She stares at her palm and bites her lips, there is something written on her palm. She is not sure but at the same time, it feels like she really need to do it. She carefully grab her phone from the table and she look at her own palm again, the numbers written on her palm is a phone number. 

Kyungwon did it.

She bites her lips once again after she make a mental note to typed those numbers on her phone and give a try to call Kyungwon. There is a strange feelings bothering her, she can’t focused at her work even get a little glare from her boss, Im Nayoung.

The familiar ringing greet her ear and she gulped down her own saliva, a little nervous she thought. 

“Hello ?”

“Kyungwon….”

“Oh, you. What’s wrong ?”

It hits her, she doesn’t know how to answer that because she just purposely call Kyungwon without any reason. 

 

“….”

“Minkyung ?”

“I…. Are you okay ?”

There is a laugh after she ask that question, she slumped down until her forehead hit that cold table. She flinched at the coldness. Damn, winter! She hissed under her breath.

“Ofcourse, I am. So you just called me to ask me that question ?” 

“Yeah, after all you’re the one who write that. So I thought I should make a call.”

Kyungwon laughs again, she can’t help but smile. 

“I told him.” 

She widened her eyes, understand what Kyungwon mean by ‘told him’ . She doesn’t expect Kyungwon would break up with her boyfriend that fast, because she realize she is just a new person in Kyungwon’s life. And god decided to make her as Kyungwon’s Soulmate. 

“Oh….”

“Yeah.”

A silence. 

“Where are you ?”

“Home.”

“Text me your adress, see you later.”

….

Kyungwon placed a bowl of Chicken soup that she made on the table, carefully she eyeing the girl who already sitting on the couch, staring at her. She can’t help but smile a little bit and she walk out from the kitchen.

“You, look like… a mess.” She started their conversation and Minkyung sighs loudly. 

Is not that hard to notice those tired eyes also that crumpled white blouse, she couldn’t help but feel guilty. 

“I came here, right away from my office and it’s not like I have a car- wait. I can drive actually but I don’t have my license…. Yet.” 

She look at Minkyung’s eyes and the older girl just turned away her head shyly. She thought Minkyung Is not the shy girl type but actually she is. The way Minkyung obviously hid her blushing face and how she gets shy easily .

“How can ? You can drive though.”

“I failed on the test, I want to try it again but I’m too lazy and I don’t have a time.” Minkyung shrugs her shoulders and she look up at Kyungwon who still wearing an apron, half tied hair and she looks beautiful with a light make up. “Did you cook something ?”

Kyungwon replied it with a low hums . “Want to try it ? I will bring it for you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter