one

What are We ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey, it’s still early. How about we go to Coffee shop before going home ?”

Minkyung raises her eyebrows at Nayoung but sadly the older girl offered her a small smile, without words Minkyung already know what is the meaning behind that smile. She nods her head and smile softly at the older girl. Nayoung is beautiful, Minkyung realized that. Also, Nayoung already have a girlfriend. Her name is Jieqiong and everyone knows that Nayoung-Jieqiong is very sweet to each other.  A couple that can makes anyone envy their relationship.

So, being a friend with Nayoung for years. She totally understand when the older girl need a time to spoil her girlfriend. Well, who doesn’t want to spend their time with someone they love after all.

“Sorry, Jieqiong already asked me to go out…. And-“

“And you already promised her a ‘Yes’” Minkyung without hesitation said that and she chuckled. “It’s okay, I can understand. Have fun young ladies !”

Nayoung shook her head and stares at her. “I’m older than you, silly.”

“I know, Unnie. So, have fun !!!” She slightly shouted when Nayoung walks away to the parking lot. She grins at the ‘OK’ sign from Nayoung.

She took a deep breath and watching the older girl entered her car. Minkyung would be lying if she didn’t envy about Nayoung and Jieqiong relationship. If they calculate how many people who envy about Nayoung and Jieqiong relationship, Minkyung is one of those people.

It would be nice, if you have someone who always wait for you to come home. It would be nice too, to hear a ‘Welcome home’ after she said ‘I’m home’ , Minkyung thought .

She laughs at her self and stares at the night sky, trying to find the stars. Maybe, eventhough she feel lonely atleast the starts is watching her and maybe they can granted her wish. She doesn’t want to be alone, not anymore.

Silly, Minkyung knew it.

….

Her hand pushing the Coffee Shop door gently, she smile at the waitress who welcoming her with a warm smile eventhough she can noticed that tired face. She took a glance around the Coffee shop, after she find an empty seat near the window.

“Americano.” She said at the waitress who is standing beside her table, she mouthed a Thankyou before the waitress walks away to the counter.

She can spend her time in here and watching the night scenery of busy city, Seoul. Through a large window in this Coffee shop. After all it’s better than staying at her Apartment alone and doing nothing.

Minkyung need to admit it that she feels lonely, there is nothing wrong with her look or her personality. Even Nayoung who doesn’t usually giving a compliment to anyone always tell her that she is pretty and actually a lot of people asked her out. But she is very careful about that, so she often said ‘no’ rather than ‘yes’ to those people. And Minkyung doesn’t forget to give them her signature smile.

She remember the first time Nayoung and Jieqiong dating, she was there because Nayoung asked her to accompany her. Then there is something about their eyes when they look at each other. Weird, Minkyung thought. How can she saw those sparks and how their eyes brightened up.

Also, whenever she asked about Jieqiong to Nayoung, the older girl casually smile brightly. The Im Nayoung that she know is not a person who can smile easily like that, she even have a nickname as Stone Nayoung. But Minkyung need to admit it, Nayoung changed when it comes about Jieqiong.

She shakes her head and staring through the window again. Where is her Americano ? Why the hell, her coffee is not here ?

She look around trying to find the waitress and ask about her coffee, but something caught her attention or more like someone not something. A girl wearing a plain sweater and grey coat entered the Coffee shop, she looks beautiful and she is tall. Accidentally they making an eye contact, because clearly Minkyung was staring at her right now.

But the weird thing is they didn’t break the eye contact and they ended up staring at each other, eyes to eyes. Minkyung jumped on her seat when she noticed the girls eyes it sparkling, just like Nayoung and Jieqiong eyes.

Minkyung feel this is so right, like she know that girl for a long time. It’s weird but she wanted to say ‘Finally’ to that girl, she doesn’t know the reason. Also she feels happy and she can’t contain her smile.

Finally the other girl break their eye contact, and Minkyung doesn’t realize that she is holding her breath when the eye contact happened. She clutches her chest and her heart beat so fast, maybe she was too nervous.

When she tilt up her head, the other girl still standing in there. Writing something with pen on her palm. Minkyung frowned at that sight, what is she doing ? But looks like the other girl finished already and she mouthed a words at her.

‘Look at your palm.’ That’s all she said.

And Minkyung did it, she widened her eyes. Her hand trembling and her body is shaking right now, she stares at the other girl with a confused eyes. But rather than giving an answer, the other girl just said. “I found you.” Minkyung can hear that voice clearly eventhough the space between them is pretty far.

She rubs her eyes and praying that her eyes trying to play trick on her, but nope. She shakes her head and stares at her palm, a name written on her palm “Kyungwon”

How can this happened ?

What was that ?

Minkyung sure she never heard that name before and weirdly she doesn’t write that name on her palm, also the last thing she remembered she already wash her hand before she leave her office. Minkyung is not that kind of person who write something on her palm, no, that’s dirty and she hates it.

She need to ask the other girl about this, that girl, Kyungwon. Minkyung stood up from her seat but then she can only stares at Kyungwon who is giving her a small smile. Someone, a guy holding Kyungwon’s hand. But Kyungwon’s eyes are on her, she is staring at her.

Everything happened too fast for Minkyung, she can’t understand a single thing. Her head suddenly feel hurts and her hands still trembling, she took a deep breath before sighs loudly. Today, she only wanted a peaceful night and her Americano. She know that she is hoping the stars to granted her wish, but well this is so fast and after all that’s so silly.

“Miss, are you okay ?” A waitress asked her, Minkyung just nods her head and smile.

Seeing the sight of Nayoung make Minkyung walks faster, she even grab the older girl hand to stop her for a while. Nayoung giving her a confused look and a little bit irritated, it’s still morning after all. She doesn’t need Minkyung to start to ruined her day.

“I need to talk .”

“Okay ? But do you realize that I have a work right now and you too.” Nayoung said with a stern voice, a very typical of Nayoung.

“I do realize that. But really I need to talk, just 3 minutes. I promise.” Minkyung look de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter