#2

The owls are not what they seem

The Slytherin house's common room is pretty quiet in the evenings. Most of them postpone their homework until really late and so around midnight they all sit quietly reading, from time to time somebody asking a question and getting a quiet answer, with the sound of the fireplace burning on the background. It's most nights like that, this night is one of those too but for some reason Jimin can't concentrate on the essay he's writing about the origin of the love potion. His eyes keep wandering, around the room and then resting on Jeongguk.

Jeongguk still has that icy look in his eyes, especially when he's looking at his homework he has no interest in. He looks at other people and the ice is there, sometimes, rarely, he would be looking at Jimin and his eyes wouldn't be completely warm. But they've gotten warmer through the years, his smile as well. It's a bright, shiny smile and when Jimin sees it, he feels butterflies wake up in his stomach. Jeongguk's words are still icy, still sarcastic but he means well, Jimin knows it so he never takes it personally. Jeongguk's sarcasm is funny, he can be really funny. And he doesn't get mad, not once has Jimin seen him mad. It's probably because Jeongguk doesn't like to talk about feelings, never has, and lets it out when there's nobody around to get hurt or judge him for it.

"What is it?" It takes a while for Jimin to realize that those icy eyes he dreams of at night are staring back at him. And when he finally does realize he looks down quickly, like that could erase the fact that he stared at Jeongguk for a really good while.

"Nothing", Jimin mumbles. Why does he have to be so obvious? It's any day now that Jeongguk will notice his pathetic feelings. Jimin has been in love with Jeongguk for almost two years now and all the time it's getting harder to hide his feelings. Jeongguk of course doesn't have that kind of feelings towards Jimin. It's painfully obvious that he's straight. Jeongguk has dated a lot of girls. For a few weeks now he hasn't been seeing anyone but another girl will appear soon and Jimin's stomach drops every time he thinks about Jeongguk smiling at some girl, holding her hand, kissing her, sleeping with her. And because Jimin and Jeongguk live in the same room, Jimin sometimes wakes up just to see some girl curled up against Jeongguk looking so satisfied. Jimin damns himself for having feelings for a person he could never have.

"Hey, you ready?" Jeongguk then asks and Jimin looks at him. How could he not love Jeongguk?

"Yeah", Jimin says and gathers his things and shoves them in his backpack. Jeongguk does the same and stands up.

"We should go to sleep", Jeongguk says, almost immediately yawning. Now that Jimin thinks about it, the taller one looks really tired. They've been studying for hours so it's not that surprising. Jeongguk really took Jimin up on his offer to help him study. Jeongguk gets frustrated really easily but doesn't even think about giving up so all of Jimin's suggestions of a break were useless. Jimin stands up.

"Yeah, let's do that", he says quietly. There are still students studying for important exams or just doing homework. Jeongguk and Jimin head up the stairs to the room they sleep in and Jimin puts his backpack down next to his bed.

"Tomorrow is Mark's birthday party. Are you going?" Jimin asks and sits down on his bed, looking at the gorgeous green curtains. Mark is some really popular hufflepuff and often seems like he doesn't really fit in his house because of his wild nature but everybody still likes him. Jeongguk loosens his tie (green looks sinfully good on him) and looks at Jimin.

"Yeah, I think I've earned it", he says with a grin.

"You've been studying pretty well, I have to admit", Jimin replies and tries to look the other way when Jeongguk takes off his shirt, exposing his perfect chest and perfect abs and changes to a grey (grey also looks really good on him) t-shirt he usually sleeps in.

"So we're going to the party."

 

 

The next day is quite laid back, they don't get a lot of homework and only have three classes. At lunch Amelia joins them. Amelia would be the third one in their little posse if it weren’t for the fact that she’s such a free spirit and so she hangs out with different people every day whereas Jimin and Jeongguk always hang out together. Anyhow she’s very close with the boys and they’re always happy to have her around.

“Hoow’s it going?” Amy asks, stretching her words and sits down next to Jimin.

“Good”, Jeongguk says, “We were just talking about the party tonight. You coming?”

“Of course I am! You know me”, she answers excitedly with a smile and a wink. And she’s not wrong: both Jimin and Jeongguk know how much Amelia likes to party. She’s usually the one who dances on the tables and drinks more than anyone in the room. Amy loves to get wasted. Most of the life support money she gets goes to alcohol. She gets money monthly from social services or whatever they are because well, she’s an orphan. Her parents died in a car accident when she was five years old.

“You better not get as pissed as you did last time”, Jimin shakes his head thinking about how Amelia once got so faced that she first barked at everyone who was around, then opened up about how she felt like she should be a lesbian for people to accept her, made out with two girls, desperately tried to shave off her hair, started to cry because Jeongguk wouldn’t let her and then threw her pants at him just to a few minutes later finally fall asleep (with no pants on) in Jimin’s bed. Yeah, that night was a rollercoaster from start to finish. Amy just laughs.

“It wasn’t even that bad. I’ll get more pissed tonight”, she says.

“I won’t take care of you tonight, just so you know. So if tomorrow you wake up in the stairs completely bald and do not blame me”, Jimin rolls his eyes.

“Yeah, same here. I’m gonna have fun without worrying about anybody”, Jeongguk joins him.

“Oh come on, I can look after myself even when drunk. I wasn’t that bad last time, you’re overreacting like two babies”, Amy just laughs. Oh, she has no idea. Jeongguk and Jimin exchange looks smiling widely and Jimin feels his heart jump to his throat at the sight. Why is Jeongguk's smile so perfect? Why is he so perfect? After that smile Jimin has a hard time concentrating on Jeongguk and Amy's conversation so he just smiles and utters a laugh at times, letting the two do all the talking. 

 

 

"Well I'll be damned", Mark shouts over the loud music, "Jeon Jeongguk."

"Happy birthday, mate", Jeongguk grins and lifts the drink in his hand a bit. He's wearing blue jeans, a white long-sleeved shirt with a black bomber jacket over it and of course Timberlands. Very hot, very stylish and very heart-stopping. Jimin is wearing a black t-shirt with black jeans. Not as hot or stylish or heart-stopping but he cleans up pretty well too. It's not like he's ugly or anything. There's a lot of people already, dancing or drinking or trying to have conversations over the loud music.

"There's Amy", Jimin shouts at Jeongguk, pointing at the tall girl dancing alone. She's wearing a tight black dress and heals, making her even taller. Her light-pink, long hair is curled and she has black eyeliner on.

"Amelia!" Jeongguk shouts but she clearly doesn't hear him so Jeongguk just turns to Jimin, "You want a drink?"

"Yes, please." Jimin needs something to get his mind off of everything he's been thinking about for the past few days. He feels like his head is going to explode if he doesn't get wasted right this second. Jeongguk just nods and they walk over to the table with all the drinks. He mixes vodka with some coke and hands it over to Jimin. That might come off as, well, weird or bossy or whatever but it's just because Jeongguk knows what Jimin likes. Or hopefully he doesn't know what Jimin likes because that would be really so unfortunate. So Jimin just takes the drink and downs it so fast his head starts to spin a little. After a few more drinks, Jimin's memories of the night start to get blurry and finally he completely blacks out. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: (sorry for the short chapter ;-;) amy won't be in every chapter so don't worry about her too much but she's here to help make a few things possible in the future. she's an original character bc i wasn't sure if i should make the other characters be k-pop stars as well?? so if you guys want to, i can change her name to be some idol? so just comment if i should change it. also mark i think is GOT7's mark bc he's in probably all of my fics anyways so what's one  more, right? xD

anywaysss did you like this chapter? it was pretty uneventful i feel but there will be stuff happening soon enough lol 

thanks for reading andd i hope i'll see you in the next chap <3