seven; bus rides and contemplations

Stigma

Line-Border-1.png

Taehyung gasped.

Hoseok stepped out of the workplace, a small smile on his face as he walked towards the younger boy, who stared at him, awestruck. Hoseok really looked different non-workplace clothing; with a white loose t-shirt that had its arms rolled up; and Taehyung was sure he was gaping because 1) the tattoos, and 2) his arms were so unbelievable toned Taehyung couldn't believe it when he saw it. And the ripped jeans. How did he pull it off so well?

"Like what you see?" Hoseok laughed at Taehyung's reverent gaze. Taehyung blushed (he did a lot of this, didn't he?), before shrugging a little.

"You wear clothes well."
"Huh? Ah, thanks." Hoseok smiled shyly, scratching the back of his neck as he looked at Taehyung. "You do too, Sunshine."

Taehyung grinned slowly, nodding in thanks as he murmured, "My name is Kim Taehyung."
"That's such a nice name... definitely better than Hoseok. That's me." Hoseok puffed his chest out proudly. Taehyung couldn't but help but laugh at how proud Hoseok was of himself, though he knew it wasn't in a conceited way.

"I remember from your tag." Taehyung nodded shyly, to which Hoseok gasped happily as he said, "You remembered my name! That makes me happy!"
"It is a nice name..."

With a firm nod, Hoseok gestured at Taehyung to follow him. "I hope you don't mind walking for a while, it's really not long though."
"That's okay, I walked a lot to school anyway."
"Oh... it slipped my mind you could be underage..."

Taehyung glanced at Hoseok, before having a playful smirk on his face. "Oh, Hoseok-ssi, how old do you think I am?"
"God, you're calling me with -ssi, that makes me feel old." Hoseok playfully held his hand to his heart, feigning pain.

"Well..." Hoseok looked at Taehyung as they walked slowly. "God, this is hard. You look really young all of a sudden."
"Maybe I am." Taehyung teased. "Perhaps I'm just a really tall fifteen year old."
"Oh my god, Taehyung, don't scare me!"

Taehyung was in fits of laughter at this point, as he shook his head at Hoseok's panicked state.

He's cute.

"You're making it worse, man. You sound like some old dude at this point." Taehyung shook his head, as they reached the bus stop. "And I saw I 'walked' to school. I'm a high school graduate, Hoseok-ssi."
"Call me hyung..." Hoseok said slowly, as Taehyung leaned against the bus stop shelter. "Nineteen?"
"Not until December. A few more months for that." Taehyung grinned. "How about you, gramps? How old are you?"
"Forty-five." Hoseok shrugged, but it was obvious to the both of them that he was lying.

"Liar. Go bald."
"Hey!" Hoseok pouted. "I love my hair."
"It is nice. But definitely doesn't tell me you're forty-five."
"Aish, you're a smart one." Hoseok cursed jokingly, before giving him a grin of his own. "I'm actually 25, turning 26 in February."
"So you are old."
"Still hot, though."

Taehyung simply smiled as he looked down at Hoseok with a cheeky grin. Of course, he didn't have to say he agreed with Hoseok for the older male to know he thought the same, too.

"Come on, kid. Bus is here."
"Sure thing, gramps." Taehyung snorted, as they both walked into the bus; it so happened to be one that was very crowded and didn't have any seats.

"Ah, so many people..." Taehyung looked inside the bus uneasily, and Hoseok shrugged, giving him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'll protect you."

Taehyung smiled back, the tips of his ears going pink with pleasure at how protective Hoseok was being, and he didn’t know him all that well. He gave him a grateful smile, before taking his bus pass out of his pocket, and quickly scanned it onto the reader, but received the shock of his life when it was rejected.

"You're out of money." The bus driver smiled apologetically as Taehyung tried again, but to no avail. Taehyung nodded at her, his cheeks already flushed from embarrassment and he looked for his wallet, which was refusing to come out of his pockets fast and that was having him turn even more red. Now was not the time for this, with his social anxiety slowly bubbling up and the thought of holding up the people behind him was making him nervous and wishing the floor would just swallow him up whole.

Sensing his discomfort, Hoseok took some change out of his pocket and handed it to the driver, before scanning his own pass. "Keep the change, sorry for taking up your time." Hoseok put his arm around Taehyung as he smiled at her.

"Ah, don't worry, kid. Just top up your pass before getting on the bus, okay?" She nodded at Taehyung, who, already surprised from the sudden embrace, gave her a startled bow, before rushing off towards the back of the bus with Hoseok in tow.

"Ah- T-Thanks-" Taehyung smiled thankfully, coughing into his hands in an attempt to compose himself.

"You're not good with people, generally, are you?" Hoseok asked curiously. Taehyung let out a nervous laugh, as he slowly nodded. "Mm. Really bad. You're perhaps one of the few exceptions."

Hoseok could feel his heart swell with joy as he heard those words from Taehyung. He wasn't sure who or what kind of person Kim Taehyung was, but he was falling for this boy so hard it was almost crazy to think about.

"That makes me really happy." Hoseok brought himself a bit closer, smiling expectantly and for once, Taehyung didn't mind how close he was, although he did turn pink at how Hoseok was looking at him so... was it adoringly? Taehyung could not describe the feeling Hoseok was giving off, but he could only welcome it so openly.

"A-Ah, I'm glad-" He flustered with his words, turning even more red that he couldn't get it right. Hoseok patted his head, giving him a reassuring smile. "Yeah, Taehyung, I get you."

The rest of the bus ride was spent in comfortable silences, and the occasional chit-chat about each other's lives. By the end, they knew that Taehyung lived in outer Seoul, and Hoseok lived closer to the city, and came to where Taehyung lived to work because that was the only place he could get shifts without having it interfere with his second job as a dance teacher.

Meanwhile, Hoseok learned that Taehyung was currently taking a year off before he joined university, and that he was looking at art and illustration as his main points of interest.

"I haven't decided what I want yet." Taehyung laughed sheepishly as he jumped off the bus. "They're both rather interesting-"
"Well... you'll figure it out soon, Taehyung." Hoseok patted his back reassuringly. "Now, let's get some good food. You'll like this place I'm taking you to right now."

They walked up to a restaurant that was not too far from the bus stop they got off at, and entered to the strong smell of barbecued food and spices welcoming them.

"It smells so nice..." Taehyung gasped, as Hoseok lead them to a seat whilst waving at the ahjummas that were at the tables, cooking meat for the customers. "The food is even more nice. Come on, get ready to have your tastes appeased."

Taehyung laughed at his choice of words as they sat down, and Hoseok bowed his head at the lady that had hobbled her way to his table.

"Good morning, eomoni~"
"Good morning, Hoseok-ah. Who's this, a friend?"
"Ah, this is Kim Taehyung, we're just getting to know each other."
"G-Good morning!" Taehyung bowed his head a little, before giving her a nervous smile.

"Ahh, you're a cute kid." She patted his head and pinched his cheek, making him blush from the attention, but he still managed to stutter out his thanks anyway.

"What can I get you two?" She nodded at them with a sweet smile. Hoseok, asking Taehyung to trust him on his decision, got the both of them a morning special, which was one of the greatest things Taehyung would ever have, ever.

"Also, the lady that will cook for us is very nice and cheerful, so don't worry a lot about talking with her, yeah? She'll make you feel right at home!"

Taehyung nodded, touched by his consideration for his character as he murmured, "Thank you. She does seem very nice."
"What about me?" Hoseok asked, sending a smirk his way. Taehyung nearly drowned in the water he was swallowing, before looking at Hoseok with widened eyes.

"U-Uh, I mean, I barely know you but I think you're nice too-?" Taehyung stuttered, alarmed at suddenly having to answer such a question to a guy he just met the day before. Hoseok laughed out loud, before giving Taehyung one of the most brightest smiles the younger boy had ever seen in his life.

"Thanks, Taehyung. Sorry for putting you into that situation... but I just wanted to confirm something." Hoseok smiled. Taehyung blinked, his curiosity eventually getting the better of him as he asked, "What did you want to confirm?"

Hoseok cleared his throat nervously, before looking at Taehyung with another nervous smile as he asked, "If you would like to go on another date sometime this week?"

Taehyung instantly blushed as he looked away, just as the ahjumma walked back with some raw meat and started to cook it in front of the two boys, talking to the both of them cheerfully. Taehyung's heart thudded as the question echoed in his mind, his throat going dry as he struggled to answer. Hoseok, meanwhile, began to happily chat with the older woman, leaving Taehyung to his thoughts. Taehyung couldn’t calm his heart, which seemed to keep getting excited at Hoseok’s desire to want to go out on another date with him.

“Hoseok-!” He whispered out loud, making the older male look up from the barbecue.

“Uh- sure. Yes. I’d like to, whenever you’re free…” Was what Taehyung said softly, his whole face burning as he avoided Hoseok’s gaze. Hoseok let out a small whistle, before smiling, genuinely happy that this was going well.

“Thank you, Sunshine.” Hoseok nodded, subtly putting his hand on top of Taehyung’s giving him a thankful smile. “It’s a date.”

The ahjumma chuckled, before she cut up the pieces of meat with her scissors and nodded at the both of them to enjoy their meal, but not before adding, “I hope you’ll considering bringing him back here for a date, Hoseok.”

An embarrassed Hoseok and Taehyung both stammered out excuses, but the old lady wasn’t going to hear a word of it.

Yoongi watched the exchange from the outside with resigned sigh on his face, shaking his head as he spread his wings. “You’re making this too easy, Kim Taehyung.”

The demon ascended to the skies, flying past the many houses at a high velocity to get to where the half-angel lay. It was with a smirk that he reached the house, but he knew that he wasn’t there for making the angel fall.

No matter how damned Yoongi was, he could never take an angel's wings when he was asleep, especially not this one.

And so he entered through the walls, looking around the room with disinterest. The one thing that he worried about most, was right in front of him right now.

“Park Jimin, so perfect and so pure, huh…” Yoongi’s eyes glinted red as he stood by the bed, glaring down at the angelic figure, teeth gritting and fists beginning to clench at the mere sight of him. However, he closed his eyes, falling down to his knees instead, growling under his breath as he said quietly, “Jimin…”

Meanwhile, Hoseok and Taehyung were leaving the restaurant after having a hearty meal; Taehyung had been a bit pouty over Hoseok’s insistence on paying the bill, but a few one armed hugs and affectionate pinches of the cheek, Taehyung gave into Hoseok, laughing along with him. His heart thumped in his chest every time he looked at Hoseok; his perfect hair, bright smile and those eyes that just seemed to pull him in and take him away to another world. Taehyung had never felt this happy, this content in a long, long time.

What was Jung Hoseok doing to him?

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Hoseok asked, turning back to look at him with concern. Taehyung was so deep in his thoughts that he hadn’t realised he had stopped in the middle of the path, thinking to himself about all that had happened in that day, and the day before. His mind wandered back to his best friend, and a sudden bout of worry jolted through him as he remembered that Jimin was back home, and alone. He should probably head back soon.

Taehyung looked at Hoseok with a smile, shaking his head as he took a step towards the older man.

All of a sudden, he lost his balance, his head feeling heavy and the whole world started spin, and turn a bit blotchy as he fell forward. Taehyung heard a shout, and was immediately caught in someone’s arms in front of him, and worried questions leaving his mouth.

“Taehyung? Oh my god, are you okay? Come here, sit down…”

Hoseok lead the young boy to a bench, helping him sit down, and immediately kneeling down in front of him. He opened his backpack, bringing out a bottle of water and a bar of chocolate, and Hoseok prised the open bottle into Taehyung’s arms, asking him if he was okay calmly and quietly.

“S-Sorry- head rush-” Taehyung whispered, his cheeks turning red with embarrassment. He didn’t think Hoseok would see him in a such a state this soon, if not ever. “

Did you not eat properly? I mean, you ate well when we went out but-”
“N-No,” Taehyung took big gulps of the water, before taking a deep breath. “I just was up all night.”

Hoseok sighed a little, before he fixed the fringe across Taehyung’s forehead. “Hey. Why haven’t you been sleeping? Pretty boys like you should get rest if you want to keep looking beautiful.”

Taehyung looked at Hoseok with a dumbstruck expression, before his lips curved up into a smile despite himself.

“Sorry, hyung… I just had some troubles and couldn’t bring myself to.” Taehyung mumbled, ripping open the chocolate bar to take a nibble at it. Hoseok looked up at him sadly, asking him if something was bothering him.

“You won’t believe me if I told you, Hoseok hyung.” Taehyung chuckled bitterly. “Even if I wouldn’t believe myself.”
“Well, try me, then.”

Taehyung looked back at Hoseok; he seemed serious and attentive, and that was rather unusual after seeing how cheerful and light-hearted he seemed to be the whole morning. Taehyung looked at his watch, his lips forming an ‘oh’ as he noted the time. 4 PM.

“Um-” Taehyung looked at Hoseok nervously. “You really won’t believe me, hyung.”
“Taehyung. Just tell me… you can trust me. I know it’s a bit weird to say given that I’ve known you for less than forty-eight hours at this point, but… just, talk if you can’t talk to anyone else. I’ll keep this between us if you want me to as well.”

Taehyung looked at Hoseok, his heart beating rapidly at the earnest tone in his voice, from being extremely nervous and extremely touched by Hoseok’s kind and giving nature. He somehow felt that he could trust him completely, and Taehyung was honestly beginning to wonder if he could do the task of giving back Jimin his memories all on his own.

“I-It’s hard to say…” Taehyung racked his brains for the right way to say it, because he didn’t want to scare Hoseok off, not when he had been nothing but the kindest and most wonderful to the younger boy. It would pain his heart if he managed to freak out this new… companion of his, and he didn’t know how else he could say it without weirding the other person out.

“Hey.” Hoseok interrupted his thoughts. “Taehyung, honestly. If there’s no other way to say it, just say it. And get it off your chest. I can tell something is nagging at you. And it’s starting to worry me too.”

Taehyung nodded, as he mumbled a hesitant, “Sorry…”
“No, it’s okay. Don’t apologise, Tae.” Hoseok smiled, ruffling his hair. “Come on, what’s wrong?”

Taehyung took a deep breath, before he nodded at Hoseok slowly. “My dead best friend came back to me as an angel… and now I have to help him regain his memories of his life before something bad can happen to him.”

Line-Border-1.png

26.02.2017; I wonder how Hoseok will react? But this chapter was so cute, don't you argue? Plenty of VHope and we love a good VHope <3
Also, what's up with Yoongi, he's a bit weird lol
Finally, I have a new story that is Jimin centric, give it a look if you'd like, it's called The Documentary of Park Jimin, link in poster below :3

Thank you, hope you enjoy today's read xx

- Haru.